AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A little help with a gift for a lady?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2011
Hello all. I have a little bit of a strange question for you. I want to buy my girlfriend a bathing suit as a gift. I know it is not normally good form to buy a lady a gift like this, but circumstances kind of require it, as she does not have one right now, will be needing one in the near future, and can't be informed that she will need one because it's a surprise. We also can't rely on one being available when we get there.

I want her to have something she can feel great in, and not worry about how it looks. The real difficulty lies in her build, and one small insecurity she has about her body. She is 5'3", about 100 lbs, between a size 0 and 2 most of the time, but has a ff sized natural bust. The one thing she has an insecurity about is some stretchmarks from a past pregnancy, so I would like to find a suit that covers the stomach, or at least the lower part of the stomach so that she feels more secure, but she also hates what she refers to as swimsuits "for virgins". She wants to feel sexy, because she is, but I know she would prefer to have that one spot covered.

So, Something with a covered stomach, but as open back as possible to show of her killer body, sexy cut around the legs instead the swimsuit equivalent of "mom jeans", and it has to be able to deal with FF natural boobs without creating an indecent exposure situation any time she moves. A lot of cleavage is 100% ok as long as things stay in their proper places with a minimum of fuss.

If any of you have found something you like that you think might work, or simply know a great place to shop online for things like this, it would help tremendously. I simply can't sit and search the internet endlessly without giving away the surprise, so I need to be discreet about it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)

Big, tiny and everywhere in between, a retro 50's-60's swimsuit works for anyone. I'd wear pretty much any of these:
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/swimwear
And she wont look like a little girl or the chubby girl trying to hide, just super fashionable and classic sexiness.
c42eb176bf21bc20e5069a26ef3678d1.jpg

Definitely keep an eye out for the high waisted 50s style which shows off a waspy waist look.

A really good store for swimwear in Freya. They specialize in unique sizes! So she could get an XS bottom and an FF cup top
http://www.freyalingerie.com/swim.aspx

My sister has the same problem and we've been through hell getting stuff for her.

Maybe just make sure you pick out a stylish beach cover up to go with whatever suit you pick? That would make this dangerous gift giving slightly safer.

While I personally would be fine with that suggestion, I happen to know that she's not really a fan of the retro style. She's kind of more "club girl" in her fashion selections, but in a tasteful way. Victoria's secret is more her kind of thing, if you know what I mean. I will check out that site in the morning though.

I didn't even realise Victoria's Secret made bathing suits, but then I'm not really an expert.

What place are you going that there won't be any available there? My ex didnt have a bathing suit and we had quite a fun time near the beach finding her one she liked - there tend to be surf shops and swimwear shops clustered around places like that.

Reactions: feeshta
From what you've described from her problem areas, I'd suggest a monokini or halter top tankini. :) I don't have any pictures or links but I know for a fact that VS carries these styles.

Reactions: feeshta
Jupiter551 said:
I'm gonna take this to a whole nother level now lol, I think these guys make the gayest swimwear on the planet, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Attachments

• Jupiterx4.jpg
    Jupiterx4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 206
Wow, this thread devolved pretty quickly. Lol! I do really like the monokini idea, especially the black victoria's secret one. My only concern is whether it would be able wrangle the twins or not, but it's at least a good starting point.

As far as the question about where we are going that I don't believe we would be able to find a suit, the answer is we are going to Helsinki Finland. She knows about the trip, what she does not know is that i found out Helsinki has one of the world's largest indoor water parks, and she LOVES water parks. He daughter who is 4 also really adores water parks, so I thought this would be a nice surprise in the snowy north.

Thank you so much for all the help so far, it is much appreciated since i am somewhat style impaired myself.

CammiStar said:
If you are going to a water park, you might want to rethink Jessi's idea and even invest in a cute cover-up. The force of some of those slides will certainly have her boobies and much more on display. :)
I really need to hang out in water parks more often (and not just tunnel vision on the slides like usual)

I think we need a full nude photo to properly asses the situation and make the best swimwear suggestions... :shifty:

Hehehe... sorry I couldn't help it.
I agree with Cammi about rethinking the retro look. Maybe find a clever way to show her the stuff and see how she reacts? Like, find an article online and say "Hey hunni, isn't it neat how the vintage pin-up look is coming back? I just saw this bathing suit and it makes me think of marilyn, isn't it neat?"
The crochet/knit types will get very heavy when wet and likely go missing with all the rushing water. I would at least look into the traditional swimwear material in any style because it does stick to the skin more.
I also found some site that specialize in swim wear for large busted ladies. here's one!
http://www.barenecessities.com/search.a ... hwod5jOCRA

JoleneJolene said:
I think we need a full nude photo to properly asses the situation and make the best swimwear suggestions... :shifty:

I would have bet almost anything that the first "pics or GTFO" comment would have come from Jup...I guess he made his true self known with the mankini post...:whistle:

JoleneJolene said:

oo, I love how they have the mix-and-match tops and bottoms!

You could get a bottom that you like, and find a couple different tops to go with it so that she can figure out her own style? As long as none of the tags come off, you should be able to send back what she doesn't use.

While a part of me of course would like to share some pics, I don't have her permission to do that, and I would never presume to do that without an official stamp of approval from her. Sorry, but it's just not worth the potential headache should she see it and not approve.

http://www.gingersislandwear.com/ Looks like a great option, with one potential pitfall. They ask for some rather unusual measurements that I don't know how I would be able to track down without some seriously sneaky tactics. I mean, a measurement from the inside of the cleavage, over the nipple to the outer edge of the breast by the armpit is not exactly going to be easy to acquire on the sly. :lol: Hmm, wonder i I can somehow guesstimate and get close enough.

Thanks again for all the help so far. :)

LadyLuna said:

You could get a bottom that you like, and find a couple different tops to go with it so that she can figure out her own style? As long as none of the tags come off, you should be able to send back what she doesn't use.

isn't swimwear pretty much universally non-returnable? obviously the bottoms.. but the tops often too? regardless, check the return policy!

caireen said:
LadyLuna said:

isn't swimwear pretty much universally non-returnable? obviously the bottoms.. but the tops often too? regardless, check the return policy!

In many places it's illegal to have a no-returns policy on anything - local law takes precedence. Of course it still has to fit one of the other criteria for returning goods - ie doesn't do what it's supposed to, is faulty, etc.

Just because a store says no refunds, doesn't mean they can bypass consumer protection laws.

Jessi said:
I think it might be worth it to go to a real lingerie/specialty store (NOT Victorias Secret/ LaSenza) where they have those old ladies who are like boob experts.

Somehow the thought of attempting this leads to visions of being chased out of the place with a broom after attempting to show Mrs. Boob guru a dirty picture of my girl on my android phone. :laughing5:

feeshta said:
Jessi said:
I think it might be worth it to go to a real lingerie/specialty store (NOT Victorias Secret/ LaSenza) where they have those old ladies who are like boob experts.

Somehow the thought of attempting this leads to visions of being chased out of the place with a broom after attempting to show Mrs. Boob guru a dirty picture of my girl on my android phone. :laughing5:

Trust me, those expert ladies have seen everything and are very helpful. Probably half the lost souls they deal with are confused boyfriends and husbands.

feeshta said:
While a part of me of course would like to share some pics, I don't have her permission to do that, and I would never presume to do that without an official stamp of approval from her. Sorry, but it's just not worth the potential headache should she see it and not approve.

http://www.gingersislandwear.com/ Looks like a great option, with one potential pitfall. They ask for some rather unusual measurements that I don't know how I would be able to track down without some seriously sneaky tactics. I mean, a measurement from the inside of the cleavage, over the nipple to the outer edge of the breast by the armpit is not exactly going to be easy to acquire on the sly. :lol: Hmm, wonder i I can somehow guesstimate and get close enough.

Thanks again for all the help so far. :)

Use your hand for the measure then pull out the tape and measure the points on your hand. :whistle:

I'd just find the kind of thing you want online, get a picture of it on your phone or something. Kidnap one of her bras for the day (one of the ones you notice her wear regularly) and go into a store and you'll have a style and a bra she's comfortable in, from there it shouldn't be too hard for the staff to figure out.

Jupiter551 said:
caireen said:
LadyLuna said:

In many places it's illegal to have a no-returns policy on anything - local law takes precedence. Of course it still has to fit one of the other criteria for returning goods - ie doesn't do what it's supposed to, is faulty, etc.

Just because a store says no refunds, doesn't mean they can bypass consumer protection laws.

agreed, but i think those are things that would be returned to the manufacturer anyway, whereas something someone just changed their mind about or decided didn't fit would be re-sold.

anyway! that's another topic :)

I believe lingerie and underwear falls under an exemption from the consumer protection acts, due to the nature of the product (physical contact with genitalia may spread diseases, therefore refund policies cannot be used). I'm not certain whether they'd reject the return of the good, or whether they'd dispose of it if they receive it. In almost every context, it's almost guaranteed to not be refundable. Presumably, swimwear should be categorized similarly due to the nature of the product.

I'm uncertain on whether unused underwear/lingerie/presumably swimwear (in original, sealed packaging) would be refundable/returnable. I think they're likely to be more lenient on policy, if not within policy guidelines if the above is the case.

*hmm*

hornygods said:
I believe lingerie and underwear falls under an exemption from the consumer protection acts, due to the nature of the product (physical contact with genitalia may spread diseases, therefore refund policies cannot be used). I'm not certain whether they'd reject the return of the good, or whether they'd dispose of it if they receive it. In almost every context, it's almost guaranteed to not be refundable. Presumably, swimwear should be categorized similarly due to the nature of the product.

I'm uncertain on whether unused underwear/lingerie/presumably swimwear (in original, sealed packaging) would be refundable/returnable. I think they're likely to be more lenient on policy, if not within policy guidelines if the above is the case.

*hmm*
Well, at least where I live "personal products" which involve anything from electric toothbrushes to swimwear are commonly labeled as being non-returnable. All this means is that if you've worn them/used them/just don't like them you probably won't get a refund or return (although as Cammi said often they'll be reasonable if the tags are still on them). It still doesn't exempt them from any consumer protection stuff though.

If your state laws etc say you get a refund on a faulty product you get a refund. Whether the store is allowed to stick it back on the shelf is another matter entirely and not the consumer's problem. They will try to bluff you, and often counter staff are just clueless, managers usually know the store's obligations.

Why not tell her you're getting her a new bra and need her measurements, but since you want to keep some surprise to it you won't tell anything besides that? Then actually get her a bra along with the swimwear?

Since I don't know her, I don't know how well that would go over, but it might be worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.