AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A (not so) brief warning - Model Hottblondeuk

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zippypinhead said:
Isabella_deL said:
Am I the only person who thinks this is a pretty blatant scam and actually believe the member?

No. That entire interaction had the stink of a bad bait and switch all over it. As you say, running a poorly-executed scam and panicking when her bluff is called doesn't make her innocent -- it just makes her a bad grifter.

I felt as if I had no option but to call the bluff, unfortunately. That's why, before revealing the bluff, I made the checks that she was going to be available if she thought she was getting new money.

Just had a few WhatsApp messages of the following:

Oh ive had anuff not worrying nemore got anuff on atm

get ur money back somehow i cant stress about it

i cant talk to my violent ex about it

I replied saying I'd log it with card company and get crime reference as they need, and that if they were to investigate, but they won't, they'd probably look at login details to trace him. She replied:

and ip address will show i havent taken that payment

But I never said she did...

Reactions: LadyLuna
Let me ask you some seemingly un related question.

Regardless or not of weather or not it was a scam.

Was the $60 and your pride (even tho you say its not the money but feel the need to point out the actual amount for us all). Worth all of this?

Is it worth getting the police involved (even if its not reporting and just talking with them)?
Is it worth putting yourself through the stress of getting involved in what could possibly be a much more serious situation?
Is it worth putting her through the same?
Is it worth posting an entire thread about ..even tho you don't like these kinds of threads?

The simple answer is yes, it's worth it.

I can live without the cash, otherwise I'd have not spent it in the first place.

It is worth logging that reference. With that, I can put pressure on my card company. With the funds back, I can add that to what I'd spend on MFC this period, and that can go towards a different model. It could mean that cash alone could pay someones electricity bill that month, or contribute to other things they need, not want.

It's worth this, for her sake as well. I've witnessed domestic violence, grew up continually seeing my mother being punched by my dad, but because she felt nobody supported her, it continued. Until eventually I was old enough to understand, and went to the police about it then. He was locked up, after I gave evidence in court against him. I hate to see others suffer it, and sometimes they just need to know support is there to convince them to take action without worrying about what will come of it.

And finally, yes it's worth the thread. If this makes at least one person think about using Paypal, then it has done the job. There are genuine people out there, but they're becoming harder to spot.

As a long time PayPal user I know that anytime you use the gift option you lose any protection. If you read even the basics of how it works you will know this. It is also why asking for the gift option is a POSSIBLE sign of a scam. I used to collect vintage toys and that was always a warning sign when buying from people over the net. If you want the protection then just offer to pay the fees. The only advantage of the gift option to the person receiving the money is that they don't pay a transaction fee on a gift, so just kick in an extra 4 or 5% to cover it instead. That is what I have done many times so I would have the protection they offer.

And to be honest once I saw Skype and PayPal I knew it wasn't going to end well. NEITHER of those companies have anything to do with MFC. Red flags man, red flags. I would not waste time by involving the law but rather I would learn from this and just move forward. Sorry you lost your money.
:(

I'd say it's almost certainly a scam. The whole asking somone to part with money they've just raised for charity so they can watch her get naked (which she probably wouldn't have done anyway) doesn't exactly paint her in the most positive light. That said, I don't see the point in getting the po po involved. Just claim the money back through PayPal, delete her from your Skype and put her on 'ignore' on MFC. Problem solved.

The problem with going the police route (apart from being a massive waste of police resources and your own time) is that there's always that teeny, tiny, weeny possibility that she's telling the truth. If contacting the police was the only possible way to get your money back, I could see why you'd go that route. But it's probably the most convoluted and drawn-out way of getting the money back there is, and there's a small risk of dragging someone through miles of shit who is actually being exploited herself.

If I were you, I'd just go through PayPal and get your money back and be done with her. It's just not worth dwelling on, ya know? :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
I'd say it's almost certainly a scam. The whole asking somone to part with money they've just raised for charity so they can watch her get naked (which she probably wouldn't have done anyway) doesn't exactly paint her in the most positive light. That said, I don't see the point in getting the po po involved. Just claim the money back through PayPal, delete her from your Skype and put her on 'ignore' on MFC. Problem solved.

The problem with going the police route (apart from being a massive waste of police resources and your own time) is that there's always that teeny, tiny, weeny possibility that she's telling the truth. If contacting the police was the only possible way to get your money back, I could see why you'd go that route. But it's probably the most convoluted and drawn-out way of getting the money back there is, and there's a small risk of dragging someone through miles of shit who is actually being exploited herself.

If I were you, I'd just go through PayPal and get your money back and be done with her. It's just not worth dwelling on, ya know? :twocents-02cents:

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I've already tried the Paypal thing but because I authorised the transaction as a gift in the first place, they cannot help. It's not going to be investigated, but by reporting it I can get the reference number that the card company will be happy with in order to do the chargeback.

I've had a few Whatsapp messages today, and she has said she'll return the money straight away in order to stop the police request going in and the card company getting involved. I've given her the details to send it to, and will give a few days for that to happen before I go down that route. Will see what happens, and I'm happy to give her the opportunity, as I believe the money has in fact gone to her.

If I've not heard anything by Friday, I'll take it as confirmation that it was a scam, and get things logged. I honestly believe that the ex situation is fictional, and created in a panic that then backfired in spectacular fashion. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong though. The more conversations via WhatsApp though, the more she seems to be tripping up over her story.

Jessi said:
Did you report the PayPal account for adult content? :think:

No. Haven't reported it, and have no desire to. Are you suggesting that would be the alternative way?

I have a friend who lies a lot to strangers. It pisses me off sometimes, because she does it for attention, and I don't really like that kind of personality. One day we were at a pet store and she started chatting it up with 3 old women, telling them all kind of dramatic shit like "my bf died in iraq, and now i live alone with my 5 cats, i just dont know what i'd do without my cats"... LOL So I find it somewhat offensive, lying about death or war is pretty lame....

My point it this: the model probably got tired, didn't want to do the show anymore, and she didn't think you'd spend this much effort tracking your $40/skype show. When you called her on it, she must have just decided to come up with some crazy shizz about an evil-ex to make you pull back and go "wow that sucks, what a bad guy" and just drop it after that.

Now, I am not going to say that I am sure it's a scam, but... The whole thing feels sort of fishy anyways. Somebody isn't being fully honest somewhere down the line. Maybe she didn't start out with the intention to steal from you. Maybe she is telling the truth, but at any rate this is simply a risk you take paying for live services online.

I think most models want to be good at what they do, and there are endless threads here about how to be a wonderful model. It is not likely to happen again, so cut your losses and just decide that liar or not, dealing with 3rd party things like Skypes, etc. is often how the people who DO get ripped off, get ripped off.

Most models want to be good workers, this girl either Knew she was going to steal the $40 in the beginning, or she got tired and then decided to keep the $40 the next day, or she has a crazy ex..... But she did steal from you, which sucks :p

Isabella's right. If you're dealing with a model you don't know, it's probably best to avoid any sort of transaction where you have to ask "How should I pay?" Keep the transaction on-site. If you two had just done a private show or true private show on MFC directly (or group, if that's an option), that would've been best because there would be no question of "how do I pay?" Yes, it's more expensive to do privates/true privates, but scams would probably happen less often if models/members would keep things on-site. A model can't weasle her way out of doing a private show because the moment y'all click that button...BAM!...you're immediately in there and it's starting. And then you won't have to deal with the hassle of scheduling a Skype show..."something coming up"...and then having to reschedule it for days later.

Misono said:
Jessi said:
Did you report the PayPal account for adult content? :think:

No. Haven't reported it, and have no desire to. Are you suggesting that would be the alternative way?

That would be the quickest and most painless way by far. The second PayPal realise the payment was for an adult transaction, they'll refund the money. That's why so few models accept PayPal as payment. The constant risk of chargebacks. Only this time, the chargeback is justified.

I do regularly payments with PayPal to Romanian models for Skype, with my real name, never been scammed, I'm just asking to be scammed, blood not in my brain, not thinking at all, it's a bit boring, I want a great scam story to do a dramatic post at ACF !

RedHerby said:
I do regularly payments with PayPal to Romanian models for Skype, with my real name, never been scammed, I'm just asking to be scammed, blood not in my brain, not thinking at all, it's a bit boring, I want a great scam story to do a dramatic post at ACF !

Then I possibly have just the person!

Lesson learned, I guess. I have done it that way before, and I have been around the room on and off previously, it wasn't therefore a spur of the moment thing on my part.

If the report to Paypal for adult services is quickest, then I'll give that a shot. But I think first of all I'll give the chance to do it of her own accord. Everyone deserves a shot at redemption.

Of course, since attempting to use Paypal to purchase adult services is also against the rules, they could cancel/ban your account and the models. Two bad birds with one swift stone. Huzzah.

Ya know, I briefly looked at her profile to see if I have visited her. Not familiar to me, but something jumped out at me on her profile page...

It says "single girl looking for mr right ... "
In her About Me section.

Now, that doesn't NECESSARILY imply she's on MFC looking for Mr. Right. But it also leaves it open to any guys that treat MFC as a dating site to come in and dump loads of cash on her hoping for a relationship. In my head, I would think she's a model that makes guys think they have a chance and take advantage of their wallets.

To me, that note on her profile alone would be a big red flag.

Admittedly, I'm reading wayyyyy into that. I could be wayyyy wrong about that.

Either way though, it does seem like she's running a scam. I imagine most guys will do one of two things when she dumps the boyfriend story on them. Be sympathetic and just let it go. Or get belligerent, at which point she simply blocks them.

Good luck friend.

Am I really cheap for thinking "I would track that £40 down!!"

£40 is a lot of money to me, if I say bought something for that much money and never got the money back it'd effect my life negatively. I deliberately don't buy things because I don't have that money to spare.

Payoneer doing a very warped currency exchange meaning they are getting about £30 per transaction more money each pay than they should be getting has upset my finances, enough that moving out of my house was a pain and I had to borrow money. (I'm not going to continue getting paid by them after that)

I mean it's what? 600 tokens worth. Well I would fucking love 600 tokens! Even though that money is worth half of it to me than it is to a member. I mean fair enough if said model really did have an issue, acknowledged the member and said she was going to do the show another time, then it'd be understandable, but she didn't. I really don't think it's cheap or silly for a member to get annoyed about it and mention it here. If I got scammed by a member into doing a 10 minute skype show (around 600 tokens worth) and didn't get paid for it I would be furious and most definitely would be moaning about it to everyone here!

The whole thing with getting the police involved isn't to get the police involved, it's simply so it's reported and the credit card company will do a chargeback, which I'm not sure if it's possible seeing as it was done through paypal.

Regardless, the girl has a terrible camscore, and stuff like this isn't going to be giving her good publicity or getting people to tip. Word does spread around. Some very good models can get away with this stuff, most don't. Scamming is not worth the money in my opinion. The only way it could be would be if you were pulling some kind of "long con" and weren't planning on continuing camming after. Even so depending on what it were you could get into a lot of trouble for it. Karma is a bitch.

I do hope you get your money back and either spend it on a more deserving model or buy yourself something nice :)

Isabella_deL said:
600 tokens worth. Well I would fucking love 600 tokens!
He'd come across a lot less scammy himself if he'd paid with 600 tokens as well though. :lol:

Yeah, I would track the $40 down too, idk how far i'd take it once i felt ripped off though. I don't think that's being cheap.

If a model clearly scammed the crap outta me I'd push it to the limits to get my money back. If there was a bunch of vague nonsense like this going on, I'd probably drop it and try to walk away with a lesson: unless trusted, use on-site payment only.

Reactions: Gen
JickyJuly said:
He'd come across a lot less scammy himself if he'd paid with 600 tokens as well though. :lol:
How exactly does he come across as scammy at all? He offered to pay in tokens. Still not convinced that this isn't just some dude running a video. Conversations in the first post screamed dude pretending to be a woman.

PunkInDrublic said:
JickyJuly said:
How exactly does he come across as scammy at all? He offered to pay in tokens. Still not convinced that this isn't just some dude running a video. Conversations in the first post screamed dude pretending to be a woman.
Follow the conversation, man. Using Paypal to pay for adult services is against Paypal tos. Using Paypal to sell adult services is against Paypal tos. Using offsite payment methods is against MFC tos for both the model and member. She didn't force him to use Paypal or use the "gift" option for a non-gift. He's an adult. She's an adult. They both know they're breaking rules all over the place. He made a bad decision to get a better deal on a Skype show, and it ended up NOT being a better deal. She'll run out of goobers to play the same trick on and lose money. He lost money now. Neither has much room for whining.

JickyJuly said:
Follow the conversation, man. Using Paypal to pay for adult services is against Paypal tos. Using Paypal to sell adult services is against Paypal tos. Using offsite payment methods is against MFC tos for both the model and member. She didn't force him to use Paypal or use the "gift" option for a non-gift. He's an adult. She's an adult. They both know they're breaking rules all over the place. He made a bad decision to get a better deal on a Skype show, and it ended up NOT being a better deal. She'll run out of goobers to play the same trick on and lose money. He lost money now. Neither has much room for whining.
I think we just have a different understanding of the word scammy. Had he been looking for paypal shows then yeah he'd seem kinda scammy to me. Seems like he just wanted a show from this model and obliged her request to use paypal. What a scammer.

For me, the money would not be an issue. It would be the principle of the whole thing and would be why I would pursue it further. Paying with tokens doesn't stop this from happening either. Police and MFC are a waste of time really, neither will do anything. MFC once in a great while might do something, refund tokens, maybe give the model a warning but that is about it and is not guaranteed.

This happens more often than people think or know on MFC. In their initial transaction for Skype time, my feeling is the model hopes/counts on many members not being pushy and pursuing them for the time or content owed. They will wait around, come back to the models room, maybe send a MFC mail or PM to try and remind them about what had already been purchased. Then the excuses come, or "oh woe is me stories", they wont log on for a few days or avoid the times they think the purchaser will be on.

And who wants to bother someone about something they should remember as part of their business or even friendship? The few times it has happened to me it made me feel quite uncomfortable asking the model what happened to "high tip" of the day prize that I won a few weeks ago, at least in my situation I did get was promised and it genuinely appeared the model had forgotten.

This screams scam by the model to me, there is no ex involved. That is just my opinion though.

Reactions: ga5457 and Misono
Just Me said:
Police and MFC are a waste of time really, neither will do anything. MFC once in a great while might do something, refund tokens, maybe give the model a warning but that is about it and is not guaranteed.
I was thinking more along the lines of "if he had used MFC the way it was intended and done a private show for tokens he wouldn't have been able to be scammed".

I usually have no pity for people who circumvent the normal way to use a cam site then get scammed.

AmberCutie said:
Just Me said:
Police and MFC are a waste of time really, neither will do anything. MFC once in a great while might do something, refund tokens, maybe give the model a warning but that is about it and is not guaranteed.
I was thinking more along the lines of "if he had used MFC the way it was intended and done a private show for tokens he wouldn't have been able to be scammed".

I usually have no pity for people who circumvent the normal way to use a cam site then get scammed.

Certainly, but since the majority of models do offer services or content outside of using MFC the way it was intended I do not think he deserved to be scammed. Maybe I missed something in my reading but it did not appear to me the member was trying to circumvent the normal way but it was the model who did so. :think:

Reactions: Misono and LadyLuna
Just Me said:
AmberCutie said:
Just Me said:

Certainly, but since the majority of models do offer services or content outside of using MFC the way it was intended I do not think he deserved to be scammed. Maybe I missed something in my reading but it did not appear to me the member was trying to circumvent the normal way but it was the model who did so. :think:
No, you're totally right, it was offered (and is offered by very many models) by the model herself and he decided it was worth the risk. But was it?

Just Me said:
AmberCutie said:
Just Me said:

I am not sure why any person would think third party backdoor porn transactions are a good idea.

I have certainly never gotten the idea that camsites are snug, cozy little family-run operations where all the girls play by the rules and nobody gets hurt. Granted, I've done stupid things out of sheer horny desire, but piggybacking an illegal Paypal transaction on a live sex site - specifically to go outside of the site where any protection could occur - is something nobody sane could believe is "safe" by any means.

No one deserves to be scammed, but people who don't make smart financial decisions don't keep their money. Whether or not the model beg, tricked, or pleaded with him to get a Paypal transaction, it takes minimal human reasoning to figure out that both parties have a good chance of getting screwed.

If anyone, model or member, uses Paypal, that is a pretty clear indication that one of them is planning on scamming the other. I understand if Misono is new to the wonderful world of pr0n that he might have not known that, but at least this is a good lesson learned. My understanding is that getting blacklisted from Paypal is pretty shit, considering how much of the Internet relies on it. I don't know if there is a way to get money back without getting the boot, though.

Skype shows, even when run by models who are trustworthy, feel too dodgy for me to ever want to try them out. Too much can go wrong, even with the best of intentions on both sides. I've seen it happen again and again, a if you ever surf around comment sections of model profiles, you're bound to run into ranting complaints by members regarding failed Skype shows. To me, that enough evidence to convince me it's not worth it. Then again, I often get a paranoid twinge even when paying for pic sets and video links, until I actually have them in my virtual hands.

Reactions: LadyLuna
JickyJuly said:
PunkInDrublic said:
JickyJuly said:

Reading the PayPal TOS this paragraph seems applicable

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:....
2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

"Certain sexually oriented material or services" seems ambiguous enough that I would/guess hope that Paypal doesn't automatically freeze accounts. My first thought would be things like prostitution not camshows. However, what I thought I've heard is that models accounts get almost always frozen, so as other have said this doesn't seem like a particularly smart idea, either MFC or PayPal will eventually crack down.. On the other hand it is rare to for me to be in a new models room, without some guy requesting paypal for skype. This leads me to believe that there are member scammers who get way with reversing charges on Skype shows that it is pretty common.

Anybody have data or even anecdotal data, about how often members or models Paypal accounts get closed down?

Reactions: Misono
HiGirlsRHot said:
JickyJuly said:
PunkInDrublic said:
JickyJuly said:

Reading the PayPal TOS this paragraph seems applicable

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:....
2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

"Certain sexually oriented material or services" seems ambiguous enough that I would/guess hope that Paypal doesn't automatically freeze accounts. My first thought would be things like prostitution not camshows. However, what I thought I've heard is that models accounts get almost always frozen, so as other have said this doesn't seem like a particularly smart idea, either MFC or PayPal will eventually crack down.. On the other hand it is rare to for me to be in a new models room, without some guy requesting paypal for skype. This leads me to believe that there are member scammers who get way with reversing charges on Skype shows that it is pretty common.

Anybody have data or even anecdotal data, about how often members or models Paypal accounts get closed down?

From every story I've ever heard, models PayPal accounts ALWAYS get closed down and the members who scammed and reported NEVER get closed down. It's a scam that many new camgirls fall for quite frequently.

ETA: I also know a number of models who've had their PayPal account closed just for BEING a camgirl because there was suspicion that she 'might' have been using it for camshows.

Status
Not open for further replies.