AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A question to Chaturbate / Punker_barbie

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whyiscbfullofscammers

Banhammered
Jul 3, 2020
What changes if any, have been implemented in the past month , that may affect Models room traffic Either via changes to Affiliate platforms or through changes made to Chaturbates algorithms.
Its observed there appears to be less grey user accounts on site and a lack of anonymous viewers in rooms. With many model noticing a large decrease in room traffic.

Has some "bot" filtering taken place to deal with killing off of grey spammer accounts?

When I visit any room without grey-blocking or grey-spam-filtering, I can see that "bot" filtering is not a relatively functional thing and may not exist. I've recently had to implement new ways for grey-spam-filtering in one of my CB bots, due to the fact that grey accounts have increased and no longer spam and leave, but more often spam, stay, and spam again and again, and again. Most of my top-bots filter the spam automatically (against an extensive dark-list containing more than 2,000 specific items I entered by hand, after observing spam behavior over the past year), and I see a huge difference in models rooms that run my bots versus those that run no grey-blocking/grey-spam-filtering of any kind. More often then not these rooms are filled with grey accounts, and a handful of dark-blue+ accounts who are being recognized as having tipped recently.

Besides these observations, if you log into a new grey account while using a relatively popular VPN you may be presented with a message stating you can not type in that room beceause you are on a VPN. I've seen this several time while testing and coding different anti-spam measures over the last 2 years. This filtering has been in place for along time (at least 1.5 years), and I do not think this has had a recent effect on 'room traffic' either.

Can I ask, besides speculation from the handful of models who have posted in the recent 'traffic thread' here on this forum, where are you getting your grey-account statistics?

Although I would like to hear an official answer for what CB thinks is going on with models traffic, I still argue COVID is playing a major role that I've yet to see accepted as an answer. I am not sure why we needed a new thread when a direct PM to the person you are calling out would have sufficed.

cheers,
cexmental

Upvote 0
A while ago Cb implemented the ability for users to report users posts as spam? What have they done with this feedback? we still see the same old spam sluthouse.com etc in most rooms everyday. Why no blacklist and autoban on these accounts?

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
@cexmental i can prove something changed with grays
i have a gray account that has the status of "banned" previously this account could still enter any room and appear in the room userlist, just it couldn't type. Now the name doesn't appear in the room userlists. Hence Cb changed something to filter out accounts with gray banned status from appearing. Reading between the lines, its possible a huge purge or ban of gray accounts of similar status has happened.

Upvote 0
I still argue COVID is playing a major role that I've yet to see accepted as an answer. I am not sure why we needed a new thread when a direct PM to the person you are calling out would have sufficed.
Models don’t acknowledge this Covid theory for lack of traffic because it makes no sense. Chaturbate is a freemium model, it’s free to watch. People in many countries were in confinement this year, staying home with little to do and an internet connection. Camsite viewers watch for entertainment too. If anything, traffic should have been better this year even if spending was down due to Covid (and I haven’t heard any complaints from models about a decrease in spending on the part of members, things seem to be going pretty much as usual in that department.. )

Upvote 0
Models don’t acknowledge this Covid theory for lack of traffic because it makes no sense.

For the last 4 months I have been asked on an almost daily basis how a model can increase tips in their CB room. They seem to think there is a magic bot that can be coded to get users to spend more. Some have even asked me to code game bots where they can set the winner or change the outcome in an effort to increase income. I've also witnessed in many of the rooms I visit for my bots that spending is down. Most of my users have also told me that they are making less the last 6 months. Regulars with money are continuing to support their favorite model, but new users and new spending is down as far as my users have conveyed to me. Not accepting COVID and the rising world-wide unemployment rate as a possible reason is a bit obtuse.

@cexmental i can prove something changed with grays
i have a gray account that has the status of "banned" previously this account could still enter any room and appear in the room userlist, just it couldn't type. Now the name doesn't appear in the room userlists. Hence Cb changed something to filter out accounts with gray banned status from appearing. Reading between the lines, its possible a huge purge or ban of gray accounts of similar status has happened.

Are are saying you have access to a grey account that is 'banned' from CB (site-wide and not model specific) but can still enter rooms, only it no longer appears in the user list? This sounds like a bug that was half addressed. I've had broadcasters purposely block my grey testing accounts while working on my various anti-spam routines. I've never been able to re-enter their chat, let alone appear in their userlist. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a site-wide banned account to test with! Do you ever change your IP address (through VPN or other means)?

Cheers,
cexmental

Last edited:
Reactions: sikayoujo
Upvote 0
Yes I have a gray account, when clicked on the profile it says "Access denied. This room has been banned. " this account has never broadcast.. or done anything crazy or offensive. I noticed one day my typing was not appearing in the models room when monitored by another browser /account, not a worry no issues its not my prem account . But it would still appear in the user list.

just in the past couple of weeks, something changed and it now doesn't appear in the rooms userlist. Cb has altered something, thats why i think some type of filtering is taking place. I don't use vpn or purchase tokens using one.

Upvote 0
For the last 4 months I have been asked on an almost daily basis how a model can increase tips in their CB room. They seem to think there is a magic bot that can be coded to get users to spend more. Some have even asked me to code game bots where they can set the winner or change the outcome in an effort to increase income. I've also witnessed in many of the rooms I visit for my bots that spending is down. Most of my users have also told me that they are making less the last 6 months. Regulars with money are continuing to support their favorite model, but new users and new spending is down as far as my users have conveyed to me. Not accepting COVID and the rising world-wide unemployment rate as a possible reason is a bit obtuse.

We were talking about traffic, not spending. Models complained about finding a drop in 90% of traffic to their rooms. You asked why we don’t consider Covid to be the reason. It’s because traffic can’t be lower with millions of people in confinement. Quite the opposite.

When it comes to spending, I also doubt there’s been an impact on it across the board. Models on this forum know that camming income isn’t consistent for anyone all the time, there’s ups and downs, but global spending is pretty consistent most of the time. Models complain about slow times and look for external reasons: it’s tax season! It’s the superbowl! The recession! The housing bubble! Truth is while some models struggle others thrive and adult entertainment seems to be one of the last areas men cut back on when the going gets tight 😂 If you want more data, my affiliate program that I’ve been running for years very successfully with thousands of conversions is actually registering a positive increase in spending of about 25%

Upvote 0
I've noticed less greys in my room in October compared to the last 3 month. The sample size is tiny given the little traffic I have but it's still noticeable. I get a few anonymous users staying for hours in my room but I suspect they mostly come via me posting a link on twitter when I start broadcasting.

Upvote 0
I suspect they mostly come via me posting a link on twitter when I start broadcasting
I thought also that many open a tab on their phone and never really stop the app nor close the tab. This, to explain why so many sleeping users squat in some rooms :)

Upvote 0
Chaturbate sucks. I sent age verification many times and I never was accepted. WORST SITE EVER.

Upvote 0
Interesting that you say this because my friend lost more than 100 followers between ending her broadcast on Sunday and streaming again today. Normally the fluctuation would be about 2-10 viewers. Big bot purge perhaps?
Seeing your post made me check the follower number of the 2 models I follow most. Both models are non-studio EE models, and I know they have not been buying traffic or followers.

1st one gained 1 follower since last stream yesterday, and overall 45 since 2nd to last stream last Wednesday.

2nd one gained 6 followers since her last stream Sunday.

But I will look out for this because as you say it is normal to lose a few followers between streams, some users doing some cleaning in their followers. But losing 100 is another matter.

Upvote 0
Chaturbate sucks. I sent age verification many times and I never was accepted. WORST SITE EVER.
i dont think chaturbate is the problem,i made several account on cb for girls and they aprove in few min , i guess your pics quality arent good . so better ask someone with a good phone to take some quality pics to see clear id and face, then blame it on cb ..

Upvote 0
i dont think chaturbate is the problem,i made several account on cb for girls and they aprove in few min , i guess your pics quality arent good . so better ask someone with a good phone to take some quality pics to see clear id and face, then blame it on cb ..
What? I sent in over 3 years different pics taken with high quality. On the studio they used IPHONE. Worst site ever full of freeloaders.

The only ones who make money are on the first pages. The rest is self slavery.

Upvote 0
On the studio I work same happened. A guy wasn't age verified. Support sucked.

Upvote 0
"speeds up" from infinite time, most members won't ever see most models' thumbnail even once .
That is where clever use of tags can be your friend. Instead of using the same tags as the more popular rooms look at what tags can give you a position near the top of that tags page. As an example getting on the front page of the tag 'bigboobs' require at least 50 viewers in your room, but for the tag 'bigtits' 5 should be more than enough, in fact a room with 50 viewers would be in the top 2 rows.

I moderate a room with an average of 1.500 viewers and is a regular in a room with less than 50 average viewers, logically the big room model should earn far more than the small room model, but that is not always the case.

Having and maintaining some dedicated regulars is the most important thing.

Upvote 0
"speeds up" from infinite time, most members won't ever see most models' thumbnail even once .

Doesn't matter what most members would do, most members are cheap. Theres plenty of tippers out browse multiple pages and theres also plenty of tippers out there that filter by regions. To some with region filtering on first page female gender can be like top 300'ish which is normally what..page 5 or so? So I toggle north america region only right now and end of first page only has 10 colored names, if I enable Prioritize HD cameras + NA region only the last spot of first page only has 2 colored names (really puts into perspective how many people still broadcast in 720p). Theres also tags like bamdicted mentioned.

Upvote 0
Seeing your post made me check the follower number of the 2 models I follow most. Both models are non-studio EE models, and I know they have not been buying traffic or followers.

1st one gained 1 follower since last stream yesterday, and overall 45 since 2nd to last stream last Wednesday.

2nd one gained 6 followers since her last stream Sunday.

But I will look out for this because as you say it is normal to lose a few followers between streams, some users doing some cleaning in their followers. But losing 100 is another matter.
We're bth smaller Aussie models :) Neither have ever done anything like buying traffic and followers. 100 users lost is very weird, usually I just get the few I assume are tidying up their lists or a few banned accounts, same for her.
Oddly enough, she and I did simultaneous themed streams that same night and at the end of the night she told me her final follower account. I noticed the number on her page the next morning and it was over 100 followers lower (figured I must have misheard her). We both then got online a day later and I had lost 1 follower of my overall count. My stream generally has a much lower viewer count than hers, and unlike her, for the first 4 months I cammed I pretty much had grey chat blocked - making me think maybe less grey accounts followed me, so if a big inactive unverified account purge (for bots I would assume but assuming it would catch just regular accounts also if they fit that category) - so perhaps a purge in our region might affect her more than me?

Would love to know if CB is clearing out bots atm because I would LOVE to lose a bunch of followers if it meant that there were less of those awful bots online haha!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.