AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

User Counts Question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Tonight I'm noticing a big increase in anonymous users in some of the rooms that I frequent on SC. One of the models I visit usually has 20-30 visitors in her room after she has been online for a couple of hours, but tonight she had 330 users, with 325 of them being anonymous after only being online for about 15 minutes. I asked her in PM about the high number of anonymous viewers and she was perplexed by the numbers also.

I have read in some recent threads here that SC is partnered with some white-label sites, but unless the user numbers are somehow being shared across sites, I see no reason for the sudden increase in anonymous viewers unless SC has recently begun to use affiliate partners to increase traffic/exposure. I'd hate to think that SC is beginning to see the rise of bot traffic on their site.

• Helpful!
Reactions: kushlungs666
Hey @Lucid1
Stripchat nor Affiliates do any paid marketing to increase traffic.
Traffic is performance-related and/or possible settings amendments by the model from their profile.
Should the model have any queries or concerns regarding this, please advise them to contact me directly for further assistance. charlie@stripchat.com

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lucid1
Upvote 0
When that happened to me (I suddenly had over 1000 anonymous viewers) I asked them to register and tell me where they came from. A few did and told me it was an affiliate and my room showed there as a pop up, they even gave me a name of the site, all legit.

Upvote 0
Tonight I'm noticing a big increase in anonymous users in some of the rooms that I frequent on SC. One of the models I visit usually has 20-30 visitors in her room after she has been online for a couple of hours, but tonight she had 330 users, with 325 of them being anonymous after only being online for about 15 minutes. I asked her in PM about the high number of anonymous viewers and she was perplexed by the numbers also.
I've seen the same in some rooms, sometimes with as much as 3000+ anonymous users, and I'm pretty sure it's like _mika_ says. On e.g. Xhamster you see a collection of StripChat rooms with periodically updating screenshots of whatever is going on, since XHamsterLive is a SC whitelabel. You will also get a skippable live feed from random (for me) SC rooms before clips start.

Upvote 0
I've seen the same in some rooms, sometimes with as much as 3000+ anonymous users, and I'm pretty sure it's like _mika_ says. On e.g. Xhamster you see a collection of StripChat rooms with periodically updating screenshots of whatever is going on, since XHamsterLive is a SC whitelabel. You will also get a skippable live feed from random (for me) SC rooms before clips start.
Ok, so if the user is viewing a models room while on a white-label site, the count will be effectively increased on the main SC site itself? I didn't see how this was possible if what Charlie_SC said above is also true.

Upvote 0
Ok, so if the user is viewing a models room while on a white-label site, the count will be effectively increased on the main SC site itself? I didn't see how this was possible if what Charlie_SC said above is also true.
On StripChat it apparently does not matter. If you log on via a whitelabel site like XhamsterLive, you are for all practical purposes a StripChat user in the room. Models and other users can't see where you logged in.
It's how I understand it anyway.

Upvote 0
On StripChat it apparently does not matter. If you log on via a whitelabel site like XhamsterLive, you are for all practical purposes a StripChat user in the room. Models and other users can't see where you logged in.
It's how I understand it anyway.
Yes, from what I've seen and understand that's the case.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
@_mika_

Are there settings in your broadcasting options that allow you to opt-in or out of being listed on the white-label sites? The model I referenced in my OP works for a studio, so I'm not sure if they recently enabled a setting or something on the model's behalf..??

Also, I'm not complaining about the extra traffic in my OP. It's just that this increase in anonymous users only happened in the last few days and was surprising to see. Whatever changed, the model is quite happy with the additional users, even if they are all anonymous.

Upvote 0
OK I have not really been paying attention.. What do you mean by anonymous users? That is not really a thing on Stripchat.

Do you mean *invisible* users? Or something else?

for example:-

3797 watching now
Ultimate users: 16 (10) Invisible
Users with tokens: 31
Others: 3750

Upvote 0
I take it to mean the "Others" category. I.e. anonymous as in "not logged in".
Except that "others" means ALL users except those with tokens or Ultimate. So in fact may be logged in registered users but have no tokens.

Total users ..................3797
*Ultimate* users:............16
Users *with tokens*:......31

Others:.........................3750 -- not Ultimate, and Not with tokens (or not showing tokens). But could still be logged in users

Upvote 0
But could still be logged in users
That means SC just isn't bothering with displaying all the users that are currently logged in and in the room, and I sorta doubt that.
In any case, here's the userlist for a room with only me visiting while not being logged in:

userlist.png

Upvote 0
That means SC just isn't bothering with displaying all the users that are currently logged in and in the room, and I sorta doubt that.
In any case, here's the userlist for a room with only me visiting while not being logged in:

View attachment 92441
Ozzie might be correct. I just realized that some logged in users might not have their name displayed until they reach level 9 or so, possibly?

But there has still been a recent increase in the total number of users in many of the rooms I visit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@_mika_

Are there settings in your broadcasting options that allow you to opt-in or out of being listed on the white-label sites? The model I referenced in my OP works for a studio, so I'm not sure if they recently enabled a setting or something on the model's behalf..??
I don't think so, I've never noticed any way to opt-out, but I also wouldn't want to, so maybe I just missed it. Maybe @Charlie_SC can give you a sure answer.

Upvote 0
Ozzie might be correct. I just realized that some logged in users might not have their name displayed until they reach level 9 or so, possibly?
Very interesting in that case, but if you go to one of the top rooms on SC right now, there are level 1 users displayed on the user list.

userlist2.png

Although interestingly enough, the level 1 user registered over 5 years ago!

galanis.png

So maybe Ozzie has a point and that recently registered users are showing up under "Other" or "More users without tokens". I'm not really sure (which means I'm overthinking stuff and should probably instead have a beer).

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0

When a user creates an account, they immediately become a Grey user on level 1.

The only ways to level up within this league are verifying the email and watching shows on the site. I think this user didn't just create an account five years ago, but hardly ever used it :)

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0

The only ways to level up within this league are verifying the email and watching shows on the site. I think this user didn't just create an account five years ago, but hardly ever used it :)
Yep, but the question in the thread is more like "is every single registered user's nick visible in the user list in a room?". Or are there registered users without tokens "hiding" in "xxxx more users without tokens"?

Upvote 0
Very interesting in that case, but if you go to one of the top rooms on SC right now, there are level 1 users displayed on the user list.

View attachment 92443

View attachment 92444

So maybe Ozzie has a point and that recently registered users are showing up under "Other" or "More users without tokens". I'm not really sure (which means I'm overthinking stuff and should probably instead have a beer).

Don't forget that the level 1 user could be a model, their rank does not increase above level 1.

Although I just checked, I went to the profile, it isn't a broadcaster profile so he just seemed to create the account and not use it.

Upvote 0
@_mika_
@iva_handfull

Absolutely Brilliant!
:clap:
This is how to be proactive - finding ways to turn your passing traffic into regular tokens!

Remember, this is a big benefit and advantage of working on a ‘freemium’ site.
We provide you with unlimited access to all types of users and a big part of being a good performer is converting those opportunities into premium loyal members.

All users in your room want your attention so engage with them, win them over and increase your fanbase.
The possibilities here are huge if you put in the work so, Be persistent, Be determined, and Don't give up! :party:

Reactions: iva_handfull
Upvote 0
Last night, and just a few minutes ago I visited this same model's room and her "others" had almost tripled to nearly 900+ users. I told her in PM to try and be more engaging with her room to take advantage of the increased user count and she told me she is coming up with some ideas to leverage a higher conversion rate.

But if what @Brett M indicates in his last reply is true, they don't appear to be "registered" users, since none of them have the level 1 badge. Definitely great for models with the increased traffic though!

Upvote 0
But if what @Brett M indicates in his last reply is true, they don't appear to be "registered" users, since none of them have the level 1 badge. Definitely great for models with the increased traffic though!
Very rare to see any user with only level (unless they are a model), as your level increases past 1 almost immediately on signing up.

Upvote 0
Very rare to see any user with only level (unless they are a model), as your level increases past 1 almost immediately on signing up.

After 75 minutes of watching streams, you will reach rank 2
(15 mins = 1xp / 5xp to reach rank 2)

Assuming the user does not verify their email that is 87.5 hrs (5,250 minutes) of watching streams to reach rank 9.
To turn bronze you need to buy tokens but that is 500xp instantly, but to reach MAX rank 9 that's 499xp (obviously you can't go to 500xp) which is 124.75 hrs (7,485 minutes) of watching streams.

On a little side note....
@Charlie_SC - on the Wiki page for Leagues and Ranks, Rank 7 and Rank 8 both say 150xp . I assume Rank 8 is incorrect and should probably be 250? I am not sure that is just a guess

613px-Grey_1.png

Upvote 0

Agreed. But it still begs the question as to the make-up of all of these new "anonymous" or "other" users. If the white-label sites are adding to the count of these users on the main SC site, then either they are not registered users or are simply watching the feed on the white-label sites without logging in...??

Upvote 0
Agreed. But it still begs the question as to the make-up of all of these new "anonymous" or "other" users. If the white-label sites are adding to the count of these users on the main SC site, then either they are not registered users or are simply watching the feed on the white-label sites without logging in...??
I am still unsure of what you mean by "anonymous" users. if you mean the "152 other users" in my below screenshot, they are not necessarily unregistered, if that is what you mean. They are merely more users of level 9 or below (and maybe unregistered users also.) Too many for Stripchat to list and pointless to list as they have no tokens.

I have forgotten why you are so concerned about them? They are just low-level users, what does it matter if there are a lot of them, or where they "come from"?

1650847534921.png

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm not supporting my OP very well since the conversation and subsequent replies have taken it down a rabbit hole of sorts.

The issue is the increase in these users since a few days before I made my OP. The model in question in my OP usually had 20-30 users in her room with only about 10 of them showing as "others". But almost overnight she was seeing a huge increase in the amount of "others" on the order of 10 times from the previous day. She is not a new model either, and has been performing for almost a year. This increase was sudden and inexplicable and she too was surprised by the increase. But over the past few days I'm seeing the same phenomena in other rooms as well, but not all models are seeing these increases, so there seems to be a new mechanism in place that SC has implemented that might not be benefitting other models. As others have pointed out, it might be in how SC is handling user traffic across their white-label partners, with the number of white-label site users now being listed in the count on the SC site itself. I might have misused the term "anonymous" to describe what I am seeing in these rooms when I made my OP and subsequent posts, so I concede that point.

Upvote 0
Hey @Brett M
You are absolutely correct and the typo is getting updated on the Wiki page.
Rank 8 should be 250.
Thank you for picking this up! :clap:

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.