AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What information can models see about users?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2023
I am fairly recent to SC, but I consider myself a good user and tipper. Having said that I was recently "called out" by a model for being in another room.

I am not quite sure if she saw me, saw my tokens go down even tho I keep my token information under "settings" invisible or what. So my question/s are this :

- Can a model see how many tokens I have regardless of the setting?
- Can a model see my token history?
- Can a model see if I am in another room through some sort of tool on the site?

Best,

I feel like this glitch would actually only be a problem for members who actively visit less well doing rooms, dangle the tokens like carrots and expect the world for 10 tokens, while complaining how they're all out of tokens and how everything is so expensive..... and then get caught in the lie and the models get upset.
Could be, but that again is an assumtion coming from a models point of view.

My initial thought was actually, that if the model sees the balance, she could exploit the user more when he asks for things she has no defined price for.
And ofc, that if I have a choice to make certain privacy settings, the page should keep them this way under ALL circumstances.
Who knows, what else is possible!

Upvote 0
This is utterly ridiculous. Leave Lexi alone. She was just stating what she knew at the time, she updated the info when she had more to share and now she's the bad guy for no reason.

Waahhhh someone saw your token balance the world shall end and the sky will crash into the ocean!

It's just a number, much like your dick size -- almost none of us care until you lie to us.

Reactions: Maxi
Upvote 0
Yes, however, some people love to talk over models or reply in Ask A Model threads when models haven't had a chance to respond. I'm not gatekeeping here, I am simply commenting on the amount of pushback we get when we know what's up and with that said sometimes a change has been made on a site that only a member would see and we're open to that. Well, I am, I shouldn't speak for anyone else.

I know I for one have stopped opening certain thread topics, mostly love con stuff cause jeez oh pete those discussions are circular and exhausting.

Anyway, mini tangent rant off. 😇😊
ask a model turns into either "sit down little ladies and let me tell you how it works" camguru or accused of hostility when we don't give them answers they want. not just this forum. being on multiple industry boards it's a common occurrence on forums where members are allowed to engage. so maybe you dudes could turn on your empathy to understand our attitude.

i can also acknowledge there are members who have more knowledge about certain things and their perspectives/experiences can help us. there have been so many times where you dudes share your side and i've been able to apply it. idk maybe i should start thanking when y'all post about your camhabits thus adjusting my hustle and now im making more money.

anywho merry christmas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Waahhhh someone saw your token balance the world shall end and the sky will crash into the ocean!

It's just a number, much like your dick size -- almost none of us care until you lie to us.

Some of us user might care though, and that is the entire point of this thread, no?

We are the ones that actually provide with our tips (more or less), and I don't mean to say, that this entitles us to demand whatever, but if there are such issues, we have the right to get an explaination and/or solution to that issue.
Not necessarily here on this fine forum, but in general.

Upvote 0
Some of us user might care though, and that is the entire point of this thread, no?

We are the ones that actually provide with our tips (more or less), and I don't mean to say, that this entitles us to demand whatever, but if there are such issues, we have the right to get an explaination and/or solution to that issue.
The problem is assuming malice where none lies. Shit breaks. Code changes. Sometimes my debit card works fine on one machine and is rejected by another after several times even though nothing is wrong. To pitch a fit over something like that is childish and truthfully if a model is calling someone out on tokens it's because that person is being an ass in some way and she wants them to know she's not a fucking idiot and sees they can but won't tip.

We have very few actual tools to use in our favor when it comes to who is worth paying attention to in the moment and who isn't. Token balance is one of them. I don't understand all of this cloak and dagger bullshit. Would you want your Maserati to be invisible if you owned one?

Upvote 0
This is utterly ridiculous. Leave Lexi alone. She was just stating what she knew at the time, she updated the info when she had more to share and now she's the bad guy for no reason.

Maybe it is the cultural differences, i meant no offense to anybody,i can gladly apologise, i only stated what i knew at a certain time, i updated with info when i had more info proving me right and i felt like i have been the bad guy all along.
I cannot stand idle and not reply when somebody minimizes or dismisses my experiences- i think that applies to everyone of us.
I felt hostily towards me for speaking my opinions( maybe crazy conspiracy theories, maybe uncomfortable truths), hostility that was noticed by other users as well.Even your remark about my dick size feels out of place - like a personal attack.Also the minimizing of the issue- someone saw my tokens. I feel the issue is bigger than that- if this secure user data can slips through the cracks who knows what other data can?

Anyway it's Christmas Eve, apologies if i offended anyone.Let's have a Merry Christmas!!

Reactions: Hello_Dave
Upvote 0
if this secure user data can slips through the cracks who knows what other data can?
the amount of tokens you have isnt secure data. tokens are not real currency. its like arcade tokens/poker chips. secure data is personal/private information like your banking info and your government name. other sites allow members to display. most of the time showing tokens is on by default. hiding token amounts is a feature. i also think thats why models arent caring as much as you guys, because its not that serious. if anything members who show tokens can be helpful so we know who we should be focusing on more instead of the dudes with 13 tokens left in their name. a con of this is having models hustling you a bit more aggressively pming you when you arent even in their room or interested in them.

who knows maybe stripchat is making changes where members can choose to hide and not hide. we dont know only to make speculations on why the code changed or broke.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To pitch a fit over something like that is childish and truthfully if a model is calling someone out on tokens it's because that person is being an ass in some way and she wants them to know she's not a fucking idiot and sees they can but won't tip.
Again very hostile. If you have nothing valuable to add, why comment at all? Nobody is pitching a fit, and I have NEVER been called out about my tkn balance. In fact, the model felt comfortable enough with me in that moment, so she told me.
I since became a knight in her room (the black friday offer to go ultimate for a trial period), I am a top tipper in her room and a fanclub member, so none of what you said applies to me.

Can we pls just have a normal discussion here without all the negativity/hostility in the comments?

I came to this forum, because it gave me a lot of information about the BTS of this business, and actually opened my eyes about what models have to endure sometimes, but I also thought it to be a place where us users can feel equally appreciated for our input.

Thank you all and enjoy the holidays!

Upvote 0
Again very hostile. If you have nothing valuable to add, why comment at all? Nobody is pitching a fit, and I have NEVER been called out about my tkn balance. In fact, the model felt comfortable enough with me in that moment, so she told me.
I since became a knight in her room (the black friday offer to go ultimate for a trial period), I am a top tipper in her room and a fanclub member, so none of what you said applies to me.

Can we pls just have a normal discussion here without all the negativity/hostility in the comments?

I came to this forum, because it gave me a lot of information about the BTS of this business, and actually opened my eyes about what models have to endure sometimes, but I also thought it to be a place where us users can feel equally appreciated for our input.

Thank you all and enjoy the holidays!
Oooh I cussed! Did you take it personally? Maybe examine why you took that personally when I used third person pronouns. If none of it applies to you then you shouldn't feel the need to comment. Because I used generalities of situations we encounter, you're upset. Boohoo.

(That bb is hostile. Just so you know the difference.)

Edit: I will cop to having a no bullshit attitude about literally everything in life because it's just a waste of time, but I do have a serious and genuine question for you. Again, not scrolling up, but

If she told you how many tokens you had and you asked her how she knew -- she wasn't willing to share that information, or couldn't figure out how to share that information? Never mentioned any applications or extensions she was running?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just to add: if youre in the top 100 tippers, then models can know how much you have spend and where, cause a lot sites track that kind of info. So yes models look on those sites if any of his tippers are on that list. for me thats kinda dumb cause its obvious a leyend level tipper has spend a lot to get that status.

Upvote 0

I don’t get what the issue with being transparent is?

Sure, there’s a feature… it should work as expected. I get that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Give me a use-case scenario where you care so much about a model knowing your token amount? I’m honestly intrigued.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Give me a use-case scenario where you care so much about a model knowing your token amount? I’m honestly intrigued.
I mean... I get it. If I was a member with 1000 tokens and only planned on spending like 100 in the current room I'm in, I wouldn't want the model to see that and expect them all.

Upvote 0
I mean... I get it. If I was a member with 1000 tokens and only planned on spending like 100 in the current room I'm in, I wouldn't want the model to see that and expect them all.

Yeah, but that’s the choice of the member to spend 100 tokens out of 1000, depending on the show or whatever is going on at that time.

I guess I’m coming in at a different angle because I only ever visit one model and she knows she’s going to get them all anyway.

Upvote 0
I guess I’m coming in at a different angle because I only ever visit one model and she knows she’s going to get them all anyway.
Yes that definitely puts you in a different mindset.

When I used to hang out on my member account, I'd have thousands of tokens, but hid them so that it didn't look like I was gonna drop a bomb when I didn't plan to. (MFC). I'd pop into a handful of rooms per night and spread them out here and there.

And as a model there on the extremely community focused type site, I knew I had lots of members who frequented multiple rooms per night, visiting all their favorites to say hi and chat a while. (Lots of us shared regulars, in that aspect.)

Reactions: krappa and Maxi
Upvote 0
Yes that definitely puts you in a different mindset.

When I used to hang out on my member account, I'd have thousands of tokens, but hid them so that it didn't look like I was gonna drop a bomb when I didn't plan to. (MFC). I'd pop into a handful of rooms per night and spread them out here and there.

And as a model there on the extremely community focused type site, I knew I had lots of members who frequented multiple rooms per night, visiting all their favorites to say hi and chat a while. (Lots of us shared regulars, in that aspect.)

Yeah. I sometimes forget that members’ experiences and backgrounds can differ vastly. And they really do…

I guess that’s why we’re here.

🙏🏼😌

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Hey everyone

We developed a feature to ensure that our users are able to hide their tokens, but due to a loophole glitch, there was in fact a way around this and some models were able to see user tokens for a brief 2-seconds before the info disappeared.

I would like to say thank you to the awesome model who reached out to me and provided clear examples/evidence.
Also to the users who PMd me to try and assist in any way they could.
- you have all assisted us with locating the problem which we have immediately addressed and fixed.

I also wanted to provide you all with this info/update and thank you for pushing this topic.
You were all correct.. the issue was real.. so thank you for proving me wrong. 🤗

I welcome you to continue to challenge us, and bring these kinds of discussions to the table because it helps us improve our site and make it the best it can be! 🥰

Upvote 0
Hey everyone

We developed a feature to ensure that our users are able to hide their tokens, but due to a loophole glitch, there was in fact a way around this and some models were able to see user tokens for a brief 2-seconds before the info disappeared.

I would like to say thank you to the awesome model who reached out to me and provided clear examples/evidence.
Also to the users who PMd me to try and assist in any way they could.
- you have all assisted us with locating the problem which we have immediately addressed and fixed.

I also wanted to provide you all with this info/update and thank you for pushing this topic.
You were all correct.. the issue was real.. so thank you for proving me wrong. 🤗

I welcome you to continue to challenge us, and bring these kinds of discussions to the table because it helps us improve our site and make it the best it can be! 🥰

Excellent and thanks to you guys too for being able to hold your hands up and say you were wrong. This always shows a lot of character and is another reason why you guys are awesome!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.