AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A serious topic, looking for serious discussion

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, abuse statistics:

here's some

Between 600,000 and 6 million women are victims of domestic violence each year, and between 100,000 and 6 million men, depending on the type of survey used to obtain the data.

Women and men of all races are about equally vulnerable to violence by an intimate partner.

Intimate partner violence affects people regardless of income. However, people with lower annual income (below $25K) are at a 3-times higher risk of intimate partner violence than people with higher annual income.

I have heard about how they come up with the numbers for how many women have been raped and/or assaulted. They go to colleges and ask girls, and only the girls, if they have ever had a man express sexual interest when they were not interested. Sexual assault. If the girl ever gave her boyfriend sex when she didn't wanted, it was counted as "rape", even if she consented to it. If a girl had sex with a man and later regretted it, it was counted as "rape". That's how they found the 1 in 4 women statistic which a lot of people believe.

Personally, I like this solution:

And no, I don't subscribe to her. One of the people I subscribed to liked that video, so I checked it out. I still don't subscribe to her, but I like the idea she has here.

As to the comment about rape not being as damaging to a man...

Alright, physically, a man sticking his dick in an unwilling pussy is going to fuck up that pussy worse than a woman enveloping an unwilling dick in her pussy will fuck up the dick. I have to give that to you. But women who rape don't usually stop there. They tend to beat the man. Usually chain him up after drugging him unconscious so he can't fight back. When he's awake, they beat him, then do stuff to force him to get hard, then fuck him. Many of them will use objects in his asshole, which will leave his asshole as fucked up as the raped woman's pussy would've been. Or worse. Sometimes they use objects which will make the asshole cut, leaving it bleeding and open to getting infected later.

But that's just the physical side. Take a woman, who already half-believes that a man is stronger than she is. He proves that he's stronger than she is, so the only psychological part is the whole "something's being done to my body without my consent". And I'm not trying to minimize that, I know full well just how horrifying that is. But a man has been taught that he's supposed to be the strong one. However much shame a woman has for being a "slut" (which being raped doesn't make you a slut, because a slut is someone who WANTS the sex), the man has at least that much shame for being weak. Think about it, he has just had something that is an integral part of his identity ripped away from him.

Then, the aftermath. For women, it's a fifty/fifty chance what happens. Either she lives in a good community that treats her as though she's telling the truth (and hopefully treats the man as though he's innocent at the same time), and she gets the help she needs, going to the support groups and such that have been in place in every American city for at least the past 10 years, as well as most towns. Or she isn't believed and is shamed, but can still go to the support groups. The man? He'll be treated as a whiner. He'll be asked if she was hot. He'll be treated as though he should be happy for having gotten laid. And God help him if he has to say that his anus is bleeding. No matter what he does, he's going to be the laughing stock of his town. If he's lucky, there will be a support group within a four hour drive of him. If he's incredibly lucky, there might be one in his own town. But usually, he has to drive 10+ hours to find people who will take his story seriously.

So what is the point of the OP? Probably to open some people's eyes, and get them to realize that this is a problem, and it's not a gender problem. Maybe to help people see that the only rape culture we live in is the one perpetuated by the idea that only men can commit rape, and that any woman who says she's been raped must be telling the truth.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not intend to minimize anyone's trauma from an experience. I do not condone rape in any form, and I do not condone violence outside of self-defense. I believe that when a woman accuses a man of rape, the man should be treated as innocent and the woman should be treated as a victim, not a liar.

PunkInDrublic said:
Just Me said:
Subtle sexist thoughts and comments
How is it sexist? I didn't say that women couldn't learn to punch or couldn't be good at it just stating simple facts that most women never care enough to learn how to throw a punch.

Women have no idea how to even throw a punch, was your statement. Is throwing a punch somehow innate to men? Change the statement to; men have no idea how to nurture a child. Both of those statements have no basis in fact. They are common preconceived stereotypes that we hear all the time and become a part of our collective consciousness. My intention was not to single you out but to make a broader point about these "little statements of fact" that we are all guilty of using from time to time. We do not always realize how much our social conditioning affects the way we think and what we say. Supposed, common knowledge is not so common and not always correct.

Just Me said:
Women have no idea how to even throw a punch, was your statement. Is throwing a punch somehow innate to men? Change the statement to; men have no idea how to nurture a child. Both of those statements have no basis in fact. They are common preconceived stereotypes that we hear all the time and become a part of our collective consciousness. My intention was not to single you out but to make a broader point about these "little statements of fact" that we are all guilty of using from time to time. We do not always realize how much our social conditioning affects the way we think and what we say. Supposed, common knowledge is not so common and not always correct.
Most women have no idea how to even throw a punch was the statement. Which is fact. It's not because of any preconceived stereotypes or social conditioning but because most women have no idea how to throw a punch. They could certainly learn and be just as skilled as a male but it's just not as popular with women. Would saying "Most guys suck at camming" be sexist? Not really, camming isn't as popular with dudes so the majority of us would suck at it. The comment was to simply point out that a guy hitting a woman will usually result in worse physical damage than a woman hitting a man. We don't share the same risk. The "Bitch hits me she best be ready to get hit back" attitude some seem to have is funny. Real tough. The guy will usually get some bruises or maybe a black eye while the woman gets put in the hospital. "I beat that bitches ass for equality. Womens rights yo"

Status
Not open for further replies.