AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A tip agreed upon is a contract?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2021
More than aware that MFC has their tips are gifts. To those who don't want to read a ramble of text, the following bit is the general questions regarding model's/member's opinions.
Quick Opinion:
- If a model agrees to content for a tip and said tip is given but no content is created should reimbursement happen?
- Should MFC be refunding, especially if the model bans shortly after the tip?
- [I will never do this to be clear] But has anyone ever considered suing for services not provided? [And just generally models thoughts on it in the sense that a contract was breached]
- Should MFC support do more in terms of punishments?
- If a tip is given for an agreed upon content and the model has no intension to do said content, at what stage would you consider it theft to pursue criminally? [Like $10, $100, $1000, $5000, $10000 etc]
- For those who do read below, do you think I crossed a line? (But if so, what realistic other recourse would I have had. Because the classical line "the tokens are lost" really bothers me when there is obviously no punishment for bad behavior.)

Longer story (for context). When I use " it's actual non-paraphrased words,
To start not going to say the models name but it is someone within the top 200 or has been a few times this year
It started about 2 years ago. Tipped for content, which was done. Never visited her room for a few months later so I PM her if she wants to do something similar. Replies no, at this time I realize I'm banned from her room [Context behind this ban, I suspect it's because during our one on one the previous time she went to her phone to change the music it got unplugged and proceeded to blurt out her real name....I made a comment that "I'll pretend I didn't hear that"]. Thinking back to it, I figure the ban could have come from that incident but I didn't care, I hadn't noticed I was banned for months anyways (I can always find another model).

Fast forward to a year ago. Saw she was on, PM'ed her if she was okay with 1875 tokens for unban and similar content to last time (I do like her body type). Her literal response as "OK".
Afraid she might not remember, I ask her if she remembers what I like to which she replied exactly what I was looking for. She says 1875 ready. I tell her I'm adding the tokens, her reply being "1875 tok soon pls". I had finished adding and tipped.
I did get unbanned, and we would do stuff at the end of stream.
Hung around in her room waiting for the end of stream, didn't say much except hi, I was doing other things, while I waited and told her to PM me at the end, and responded when she was wondering if her video/audio was working [it was a slow night for her, in that my tip was more than what was tipped in the next 1.5 hours].

So after the 1.5 hours hear that she's leaving. Send her a few messages just clarifying boundaries (Like confirming no anal) and I say okay. She then leaves a few minutes later. Sent her a PM the next day when she was on naively thinking she had maybe just forgotten and then got banned. To be clear, what did I say that justified the ban in PM's? The following quoted directly:

"hi"
"Guessing you forgot after the session last night?" *At this stage I realized I was banned again*
About 5 minutes of waiting later I write
"Can you please respond...I don't want to have to do a token dispute"

After no response I get annoyed, I do send a note to MFC detailing the circumstances and requesting tokens to be returned but never receive any reply.
A few months later, I pop into a different models room and see the other model there camming (I didn't know before clicking into the room). She sees my username within seconds of me going into room (haven't said anything in chat), and all I hear is "ban him now he's a creep" before being banned. I'm livid at this point, I tried being diplomatic about it and for something she agreed to (so in reaction I posted her name in lounge saying she scammed me out of the tokens)

Fast forward to earlier this month (one year from the original tip), I do notice she is in another model's room (She got posted in the lounge). So at this point is when I think I did cross a line, but you be the judge. I sent the model she was working with the following message
"Not wanting to start stuff. I tipped [not her name] about 1 year back for a show she agreed to but was instead blocked when she logged off. I'm just asking her to send back the tokens; since she didn't do the show"
Of course [not her name] tells the model she is working with to ban me because I keep harassing her, but to the models credit she didn't (a part of me wants to believe it's because she realized I made a reasonable request)
A slightly one-sided conversation happens, where I justify that she could have said no to the content, and that all I ask if she return the tokens. This is all in PM's, nothing public (with each message, [not her name] whispers something and I see the other model typing before [not her name] tells her don't reply)
Nothing really happens, and I'm still mad, so I send a model only visible tip with the comment "Honestly all I'm asking is her to return what she stole (since she agreed said tip so I tipped then she didn't do it)".
To which the model alerts [not her name]. Then [not her name] decides to say something that really sets me off. Along the lines of, it was from years back and that I tipped hardly anything for it. This in general gets me mad, it's $150 which if her attitude was that I wasn't paying her enough don't agree to it. Or if you have second thoughts about doing it return the tokens.

My immediate response by PM was essentially saying it wasn't years ago, it was literally 1 year almost to the day and if [not her name] wanted me to stop she could just return my tokens she took. Which is when the other model actually responded, asking what I wanted from her

The last response PM I sent (before then getting banned) "She entered into the agreement, if she keeps saying it wasn't much then she can certainly afford to refund me"

So that's the story.

To be perfectly frank I'm tired of seeing this kind of thing. A tip for agreed upon content or a tip on a tip menu that is never done. Or worse the tip for something agreed upon and instant ban. MFC doesn't do a thing about it, even though its easy to prove. Like literally last time I tipped and got banned my PM was "Would you take off your shirt to be only in bra for 400 tokens" [to a non-nude model], response "yes tip", I tipped, instant ban, complain to MFC and hear nothing back. Model still active, and I am out ~$30.

What bothered me most about this was being called a creep. It made me question though, at what point would someone be willing to sue someone else? I would never do it, as I would never want to essentially DOX someone, but at a certain point members would you have a breaking point where it doesn't matter to you.

So my question to the members, and models who also read this far. At what point would you consider something theft (like lets hypothetically say instead of $150, it was $5000), would you consider it theft? At what value would you as a model consider it okay to pursue legally? (If the answer is never pursue legally, please justify as I would like to know)

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
After you overheard her real name, it probably wasn't a good idea to say to her "I'll pretend I didn't hear that." Well now she knows that you did hear it.

At the bottom of this webpage I linked below, there is a section about A) asking for a monetary refund vs. B) asking for a token refund. If you did option A, you'd put yourself at risk of never being able to buy tokens on MFC again, because your account would be considered high risk.

And it doesn't sound like you will be able to get a token refund, because it says that they don't issue token refunds for tips since "tips are gifts and cannot be reversed, just like in real life." If it had been a technical issue with the site...or an unsatisfactory private show, they might have issued a token refund for that.

- If a model agrees to content for a tip and said tip is given but no content is created should reimbursement happen?
- [I will never do this to be clear] But has anyone ever considered suing for services not provided? [And just generally models thoughts on it in the sense that a contract was breached]
- If a tip is given for an agreed upon content and the model has no intension to do said content, at what stage would you consider it theft to pursue criminally? [Like $10, $100, $1000, $5000, $10000 etc]

- MFC is different from Chaturbate, where you can't send tokens to anyone from your model profile. Even if the model messaged support asking to refund, I don't think MFC would do that. So, a model would have to go offsite to reimburse a member and that would be tricky. But personally, if someone paid me for content and for some reason I was unable to deliver it, I would first offer premade content that would total the same amount as the custom content and if they didn't want that I'd try to find a way to reimburse them. But that's just me. Thankfully never been in a situation like that, though.

- No, I don't think they should, since they have it clearly stated in their rules that they don't do that. Something like reversing the tokens, i.e taking it from the model's token stats and putting it back into the member's account, would be too tricky. Offsite communication is allowed on MFC, so they have no way of knowing what happened off their site and members could easily flood support with lies to try to get their tokens back.

- You would have no grounds to sue. By using MFC's site, you agree to their terms of service and their rules, which states that tips are gifts and non-refundable.

- If a model has multiple verifiable complaints against her, then maybe. But, again, members lie. It's a tough and shitty situation.

- In no world will a model be indicted on theft charges because she didn't deliver content that she was tipped for. Especially not $10 dollars.

I will say, I think it is shitty when a model promises custom content and doesn't deliver on it and in no way am I excusing that behavior. However, I do think that members need to be more careful when it comes to custom content. Either pay through a site that has an escrow system for customs or tip models who you have a good rapport with.

In your given situation, I do think you did some things that came off as warranting a ban. The first one, I'd ban someone to if they made the "I'll pretend I didn't hear that" right after hearing my legal name. The second one, if you didn't agree to get content that same night, I'd be extremely annoyed if someone was pestering me not even 24 hours after paying for content. I personally wouldn't ban right away, but I'd tell you to chill out and give me time and if you didn't then I'd get the content done and then ban you and keep you banned. But again, that's just me.

It seems like a lot of drama. Especially when you went to the other model about it while she was working. Find new models to enjoy your time with and if you want to purchase content either get premade stuff on MFC Share or purchase it through a site like ManyVids if you're worried about not getting the content and being out of your money.

I agree it sucks to be banned after tipping a big amount. You may be 100% in your right, but at some point you just have to let it go. She obviously doesn't want to see you anymore and keeping this dragging on for over a year is in no-ones interest. Unfollow her, maybe even put her on 'hide' and move on, and find someone you have a better time with. This situation is only causing you a lot of stress.
Just think to yourself it's her loss and she misses out on a lot of tokens from you.

As in sueing or anything like that; No way. Always spend a lot of time with the model before you plan to give a big amount, This way you know her personality, what she likes and doesn't etc.

I’d never sue, mainly because I understand the terms of service and I know before I tip any model that there’s no guarantee they will do what I tipped for.

If it was something small, I’d let it go immediately and probably find a different model.

In the exceedingly rare case where I believe a model might be actually trying to defraud members (“exceedingly rare” meaning that in my entire time on cam sites I’ve maybe encountered one model that caused me to think this), I’d let customer service know my thoughts and then forget about it.

No lawsuits, no PMs, no aggressively seeking a refund or even an explanation. All of those things would just prolong the headache for me. The faster I can get back to having fun, the better.

More than aware that MFC has their tips are gifts. To those who don't want to read a ramble of text, the following bit is the general questions regarding model's/member's opinions.
Quick Opinion:
- For those who do read below, do you think I crossed a line? (But if so, what realistic other recourse would I have had. Because the classical line "the tokens are lost" really bothers me when there is obviously no punishment for bad behavior.)

Longer story (for context). When I use " it's actual non-paraphrased words,
To start not going to say the models name but it is someone within the top 200 or has been a few times this year
It started about 2 years ago. Tipped for content, which was done. Never visited her room for a few months later so I PM her if she wants to do something similar. Replies no, at this time I realize I'm banned from her room [Context behind this ban, I suspect it's because during our one on one the previous time she went to her phone to change the music it got unplugged and proceeded to blurt out her real name....I made a comment that "I'll pretend I didn't hear that"]. Thinking back to it, I figure the ban could have come from that incident but I didn't care, I hadn't noticed I was banned for months anyways (I can always find another model).

Fast forward to a year ago. Saw she was on, PM'ed her if she was okay with 1875 tokens for unban and similar content to last time (I do like her body type). Her literal response as "OK".
Afraid she might not remember, I ask her if she remembers what I like to which she replied exactly what I was looking for. She says 1875 ready. I tell her I'm adding the tokens, her reply being "1875 tok soon pls". I had finished adding and tipped.
I did get unbanned, and we would do stuff at the end of stream.
Hung around in her room waiting for the end of stream, didn't say much except hi, I was doing other things, while I waited and told her to PM me at the end, and responded when she was wondering if her video/audio was working [it was a slow night for her, in that my tip was more than what was tipped in the next 1.5 hours].

So after the 1.5 hours hear that she's leaving. Send her a few messages just clarifying boundaries (Like confirming no anal) and I say okay. She then leaves a few minutes later. Sent her a PM the next day when she was on naively thinking she had maybe just forgotten and then got banned. To be clear, what did I say that justified the ban in PM's? The following quoted directly:

"hi"
"Guessing you forgot after the session last night?" *At this stage I realized I was banned again*
About 5 minutes of waiting later I write
"Can you please respond...I don't want to have to do a token dispute"

After no response I get annoyed, I do send a note to MFC detailing the circumstances and requesting tokens to be returned but never receive any reply.
A few months later, I pop into a different models room and see the other model there camming (I didn't know before clicking into the room). She sees my username within seconds of me going into room (haven't said anything in chat), and all I hear is "ban him now he's a creep" before being banned. I'm livid at this point, I tried being diplomatic about it and for something she agreed to (so in reaction I posted her name in lounge saying she scammed me out of the tokens)

Fast forward to earlier this month (one year from the original tip), I do notice she is in another model's room (She got posted in the lounge). So at this point is when I think I did cross a line, but you be the judge. I sent the model she was working with the following message
"Not wanting to start stuff. I tipped [not her name] about 1 year back for a show she agreed to but was instead blocked when she logged off. I'm just asking her to send back the tokens; since she didn't do the show"
Of course [not her name] tells the model she is working with to ban me because I keep harassing her, but to the models credit she didn't (a part of me wants to believe it's because she realized I made a reasonable request)
A slightly one-sided conversation happens, where I justify that she could have said no to the content, and that all I ask if she return the tokens. This is all in PM's, nothing public (with each message, [not her name] whispers something and I see the other model typing before [not her name] tells her don't reply)
Nothing really happens, and I'm still mad, so I send a model only visible tip with the comment "Honestly all I'm asking is her to return what she stole (since she agreed said tip so I tipped then she didn't do it)".
To which the model alerts [not her name]. Then [not her name] decides to say something that really sets me off. Along the lines of, it was from years back and that I tipped hardly anything for it. This in general gets me mad, it's $150 which if her attitude was that I wasn't paying her enough don't agree to it. Or if you have second thoughts about doing it return the tokens.

My immediate response by PM was essentially saying it wasn't years ago, it was literally 1 year almost to the day and if [not her name] wanted me to stop she could just return my tokens she took. Which is when the other model actually responded, asking what I wanted from her

The last response PM I sent (before then getting banned) "She entered into the agreement, if she keeps saying it wasn't much then she can certainly afford to refund me"

So that's the story.

To be perfectly frank I'm tired of seeing this kind of thing. A tip for agreed upon content or a tip on a tip menu that is never done. Or worse the tip for something agreed upon and instant ban. MFC doesn't do a thing about it, even though its easy to prove. Like literally last time I tipped and got banned my PM was "Would you take off your shirt to be only in bra for 400 tokens" [to a non-nude model], response "yes tip", I tipped, instant ban, complain to MFC and hear nothing back. Model still active, and I am out ~$30.

What bothered me most about this was being called a creep. It made me question though, at what point would someone be willing to sue someone else? I would never do it, as I would never want to essentially DOX someone, but at a certain point members would you have a breaking point where it doesn't matter to you.

So my question to the members, and models who also read this far. At what point would you consider something theft (like lets hypothetically say instead of $150, it was $5000), would you consider it theft? At what value would you as a model consider it okay to pursue legally? (If the answer is never pursue legally, please justify as I would like to know)
I'm not reading all that. If you tipped for a behavior, you're out of luck. If you ask for anal (for example) but you're being a dick and she changes her mind, that's your loss.
I got a refund once from MFC because a model had a flash sale for videos. She was offering the 600 token videos for 100 tokens each. I bought 3 and she never sent the videos. Fortunately I took a screenshot of the offer and the tip. Mainly because she was high (smoking a blunt) and I didn't think she'd remember. I contacted MFC, they made me prove there was an offer. I sent the screenshot and they refunded the tokens.

MFC does not refund tokens. Chaturbate does and perhaps that's why some models prefer MFC. For your own sanity, you should just forget this girl and chalk it up to being scammed out of $150.

Reactions: WickedTouch
On MFC, if there was a tip for some kind of content... pics, vids etc., which the model failed to deliver after being paid, then MFC can refund that kind of payment. Also, if there is a technical issue during a private show... video failure for example, MFC can refund tokens in some of those cases too. As usual though the member always needs to supply screenshots as evidence in every disputed case. MFC won't issue refunds for general tips though, as they consider them gifts, however if a member insists that they want their cash back, MFC can refund them but will then BAN that account from the site.

OP sounds like he was a tad short on patience though... throwing out a clutch of veiled threats along the way, so I'm not really that surprised that the model booted him. Plus, once bitten twice shy and all that... meh!

Mind you, if a model was willing and minded to refund tokens she could refund them in the form of a token transfer from a premium account.

And the motto today... choose wisely.

209e12f2703c2ec07d22ddfd9b5f9f27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.