AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Abuse of CB model rating system

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelylaura

Deactivated Account
May 25, 2020
I have worked for over 1.5 years on cb full-time. I am having an issue with users giving me a thumbs down and leaving abusive messages such as “your a rude cunt”. In May alone 8 users have done this. My rating is still good, however, it in no way justifies users being able to do this. I go back into my token stats to figure out who gave it. I am a strong woman who does not tolerate any b.s. while online and this seems to upset a lot of users, who can’t push me to give into their demands. So to get back they tip 25 tokens or 35 to rate and leave an abusive message. I have emailed CB support numerous times and they don’t respond, or just say they will fall off in 90 days.

Any advice how to not drive myself crazy over this? Or how to shake if off better and move on?

Do you have any suspicions on who it could be and if it could be just the one person?
If you do, then just ban them.

You don't even need to let them know you banned them by it showing you publically kicking them from your room.
Just go into your broadcast page, click the gear icon to the right of your User List tab, scroll down and find the "view/edit silence/ban".
Simply type the person's name who you suspect it to be and make sure you save it. Then if it stops, you found the culprit and leave them banned. If it continues then maybe try and down tippers of 25+ each day, and then when it happens cross-check to see if that name appears each time you receive a new thumbs down + comment.

Obviously if it's one person, I don't get why they are coming back to you just for this, it has to be some form of harassment or something, surely? I mean, they can just grow up and go to another room after the first thumbs down and insult.

Upvote 0
You could just turn off the ratings, this can by done by going into the Settings & Privacy tab and setting the option "Show my satisfaction score" to no.

If I understood correctly it's only purpose is as a gauge of general customer satisfaction by users for other users to see and does not affect cam ranking or much anything else.

Upvote 0
Hiding the rating doesn't turn it off. Just prevents viewers from seeing it. A model i follow has experienced the same sort of 'trolling' behaviour as well (2 years and counting). So I'm sorry to hear you have too.

As far as I know the only effect it has is if the satisfaction score dips below 60%? 70%? (I forget the threshold) - then if you attempt to tip the model, you will be warned every time (any token amount) you try to tip them.

Upvote 0
I do not understand why cb allows it. First it’s anonymous. I have to go thru my token stats to try and narrow it down. It’s time consuming and exhausting. The other day I had a surprisingly good day and got 2 rude comments. I do everything I am tipped for and then some. I just wish cb would take my feedback and change the system. It is not set up to benefit or protect a models mental health at all.

Upvote 0
I work on a different site, but I have noticed lately(within the last 6 weeks or so), that I have been getting trolls in my room(it’s still very minimal, and I just ignore them rather than block them, as I don’t want to give them the satisfaction of thinking that I care what they say), but I used to get none. I think it may have something to do with people who have lost their jobs, are stuck at home, have nothing better to do, and want to bring us down because we are still able to make money. In fact, it might make them angry that we’re doing well(actually even better than before COVID), and they think that we’re taking advantage of poor, lonely guys(they’d call them simps) who are spending money they might not be able to afford to spend on this type of entertainment. I’m an over thinker, and this is the only conclusion I have been able to come to that makes any sense. The main jab I get is asking if I’m trans(they know I’m not. It’s very obvious), because I workout a lot, and have a pretty hard upper body. Maybe they’re jealous that I’m probably stronger than they are. I haven’t noticed a change in my ratings, but that’s likely to do with the fact that I’m on a PPM site, and my rates are pretty high, and most people are not gonna spend $20+ just to troll.

Reactions: lovelylaura
Upvote 0
I’m an over thinker as well. But on CB users only have to tip 25 tokens to rate down. That is only a couple dollars to them, and well worth it to angry trolls to get back at you. I find it is mostly from users I previously banned for not following my rules. So once allowed back in they seek revenge by rating down—it’s childish. But I agree covid could have something to do with it , as well as I have done decent the last few weeks, and some do not want to see you doing well. It’s sad really.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.