AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Abusive users

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2022
Pacific Time Zone
I've been on SC for a couple of months, working hard to get my score up/learn the ropes.

Really unhappy with model support re: abusive users.

Most of the site members are great, but when there *is* an issue, there is very little help or support. Reporting does nothing, from what I can see. I'm not sure it even works. Emailing support does almost nothing, even with screenshots.

I have reported 2 ridiculously abusive users, eventually resulting in a days-later "warning" for each, only after repeatedly following up with support. Both banned users appearing in my room again under the same usernames after being reported and banned.

What exactly does a user have to do in order to actually get turfed from this site?

When a user unleashes a hateful abusive rant on a model in chat or private message, and gets a "warning" instead of a ban, it co-signs that abusive attitude as no big deal.

We are vulnerable to abuse while broadcasting, in a society that devalues women and especially SW, yet you require proof, and once we provide it, you "warn" them.

We should have ALLLLL the support in the world. (Especially newer models who don't have a lot of knights yet!)

Why is Stripchat so flaccid about protecting models (and the respectful users in the rooms who are trying to have a good time) from shitty actors?

Stopping a cum show to grab screenshots, mute, ban, and report is inconvenient at best.

Can you please create a safer environment for everyone? It's literally up to you.

Really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately some guys really are dicks (to put it mildly). As a user all I can suggest is that it seems (from what I see here) that reaching out to @Charlie_SC or @xChloe here on the forum may be a useful method of dealing with such things in future.

I hope your experience with the platform is more positive than negative.

Upvote 0
Really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately some guys really are dicks (to put it mildly). As a user all I can suggest is that it seems (from what I see here) that reaching out to @Charlie_SC or @xChloe here on the forum may be a useful method of dealing with such things in future.

I hope your experience with the platform is more positive than negative.
Thank you for your kindness! I do adore 99.99% of the member interactions. Frustrated with the site, but most members are great.

A safe environment keeps it juicy for everyone.

Abuse is never okay. Why tolerate it?

Upvote 0
I've been on SC for a couple of months, working hard to get my score up/learn the ropes.

Really unhappy with model support re: abusive users.

Most of the site members are great, but when there *is* an issue, there is very little help or support. Reporting does nothing, from what I can see. I'm not sure it even works. Emailing support does almost nothing, even with screenshots.

I have reported 2 ridiculously abusive users, eventually resulting in a days-later "warning" for each, only after repeatedly following up with support. Both banned users appearing in my room again under the same usernames after being reported and banned.

What exactly does a user have to do in order to actually get turfed from this site?

When a user unleashes a hateful abusive rant on a model in chat or private message, and gets a "warning" instead of a ban, it co-signs that abusive attitude as no big deal.

We are vulnerable to abuse while broadcasting, in a society that devalues women and especially SW, yet you require proof, and once we provide it, you "warn" them.

We should have ALLLLL the support in the world. (Especially newer models who don't have a lot of knights yet!)

Why is Stripchat so flaccid about protecting models (and the respectful users in the rooms who are trying to have a good time) from shitty actors?

Stopping a cum show to grab screenshots, mute, ban, and report is inconvenient at best.

Can you please create a safer environment for everyone? It's literally up to you.

Hey @lola_ex_oh
You make some very valid points and the safety/comfort of our models IS important to us which is why we have the option for models to Permanently Ban users who are not behaving appropriately in your room. In saying this, if you have not received the support you wanted from one of our teams, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to investigate these cases further. charlie@stripchat.com

Reactions: Strongman0909
Upvote 0
Hey @lola_ex_oh
You make some very valid points and the safety/comfort of our models IS important to us which is why we have the option for models to Permanently Ban users who are not behaving appropriately in your room. In saying this, if you have not received the support you wanted from one of our teams, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to investigate these cases further. charlie@stripchat.com
Thank you. I have forwarded the necessary emails to you, but I'm also sharing my experience here, as transparency around how sites tolerate abuse is important.

Last night, April 17, a reported and permanently banned user who received a mere "warning" for his abusive comments on April 7 was back in my room to harass me again.

I followed up my original report and sent a further inquiry to support with screenshots and was told that there "was probably some short delay until the system was updated" and as a result, support would "keep an eye on him". :mad:

1. How often is the "system updated" with bans for model safety? Because that was 10 days.
  2. Once I report and "forever ban" someone, how many days do I need to stay off the site before the system catches up?
  3. Do abusive members ever get banned for their comments to models in public or private chat?
  4. If so, for what? Because I'm not sure how much clearer abuse needs to be.
  5. How many times does a member need to be reported for abusive conduct towards models within a fixed time period before getting banned?
I'm not sticking around waiting for "warnings" to register on abusive members so they can escalate their shittiness while the ban system catches up.

After receiving your warning, this member proceeds to be shitty and abusive again, he still has access privileges to the site.

These results indicate that model safety (and our ability to create positive environments for the enjoyment of other members) is less important to Stripchat than retaining members who have already proven to be intentionally abusive on more than one occasion.

The thing is, these users KNOW they are being abusive. While you give them another chance to spend tokens on your site, they are empowered to continue being abusive.

Looking forward to hearing how SC would like to correct this disappointing outcome.

Upvote 0
Thank you @lola_ex_oh
Confirming I have received your direct message with relevant attachments.
Please allow me some time to investigate your concerns in order for me to assist you further.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I have forwarded the necessary emails to you, but I'm also sharing my experience here, as transparency around how sites tolerate abuse is important.

Last night, April 17, a reported and permanently banned user who received a mere "warning" for his abusive comments on April 7 was back in my room to harass me again.

I followed up my original report and sent a further inquiry to support with screenshots and was told that there "was probably some short delay until the system was updated" and as a result, support would "keep an eye on him". :mad:

1. How often is the "system updated" with bans for model safety? Because that was 10 days.
  2. Once I report and "forever ban" someone, how many days do I need to stay off the site before the system catches up?
  3. Do abusive members ever get banned for their comments to models in public or private chat?
  4. If so, for what? Because I'm not sure how much clearer abuse needs to be.
  5. How many times does a member need to be reported for abusive conduct towards models within a fixed time period before getting banned?
I'm not sticking around waiting for "warnings" to register on abusive members so they can escalate their shittiness while the ban system catches up.

After receiving your warning, this member proceeds to be shitty and abusive again, he still has access privileges to the site.

These results indicate that model safety (and our ability to create positive environments for the enjoyment of other members) is less important to Stripchat than retaining members who have already proven to be intentionally abusive on more than one occasion.

The thing is, these users KNOW they are being abusive. While you give them another chance to spend tokens on your site, they are empowered to continue being abusive.

Looking forward to hearing how SC would like to correct this disappointing outcome.

Hey @lola_ex_oh. Thank you for your patience.

Our Technical team has investigated your concerns and has confirmed that there were no tech issues regarding this incident.
I have also investigated your communication with our Support team and all processes were followed and your queries were responded to accordingly.

Info:
From our system logs, we can see that you initially muted this user on 05/04/2022 for 24 hours. The mute option forbids the user from being able to send messages to you in your public chat for 24 hours. This feature does not affect the option for the user to send you private messages.

You then proceeded to permanently ban the user on 18/04/2022. Once banned, the user was no longer able to send you private messages or visit your room.

Be advised that during the timeframe between the 5th to 18th of April, the user was still able to contact you via PMs as you had not activated the Ban feature.

I would like to reiterate that we do not condone users harassing models in public or private chat and have site rules in place, including model controlled features available (as listed below) should users misbehave and breach our guidelines.
  • Mute: User is restricted from messaging in your public room for 24 hours but the user can still PM you
  • 30-day Ban: User is banned from accessing your room and sending you PMs for 30 days and restrictions are then automatically removed after this timeframe
  • Perm Ban: User is permanently banned from accessing your room and sending you PMs

I know there is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming at times, but we are always here to help.
Should you require further clarification or assistance on any of our other features, please do not ever hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
@lola_ex_oh Regarding your question 3 and 4.

From personal experience, I reported a guy who although spent a considerable amount of money with me in an exclusive show, insisted on sending me his contact details more than once and repeatedly asking to move chat and payment off site. I reported right after the show finished and when I logged on the next day I could see his account was banned and support emailed me to follow up as well. This was Sept/Oct last year so I don't know if the team are busier now than then but I was quite impressed with how quickly they actioned it.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
@lola_ex_oh Regarding your question 3 and 4.

From personal experience, I reported a guy who although spent a considerable amount of money with me in an exclusive show, insisted on sending me his contact details more than once and repeatedly asking to move chat and payment off site. I reported right after the show finished and when I logged on the next day I could see his account was banned and support emailed me to follow up as well. This was Sept/Oct last year so I don't know if the team are busier now than then but I was quite impressed with how quickly they actioned it.
I had a very similar situation, also reported it and support responded they've taken appropriate action, but the guy was still on the site (I think he maybe got a warning?), and if I remember correctly he even messaged me about offsite contact again after I reported him and got that response from support.

I really don't care if he's banned or not, I reported the situation to avoid getting in trouble myself in case they caught the messages and for some reason assumed I agreed, but I have also reported a few other members for different kinds of rules violations and never seen any of them permanently banned (although I admit I might've not checked on all of them after).

Upvote 0
Hey @lola_ex_oh. Thank you for your patience.

Our Technical team has investigated your concerns and has confirmed that there were no tech issues regarding this incident.
I have also investigated your communication with our Support team and all processes were followed and your queries were responded to accordingly.

Info:
From our system logs, we can see that you initially muted this user on 05/04/2022 for 24 hours. The mute option forbids the user from being able to send messages to you in your public chat for 24 hours. This feature does not affect the option for the user to send you private messages.

You then proceeded to permanently ban the user on 18/04/2022. Once banned, the user was no longer able to send you private messages or visit your room.

Be advised that during the timeframe between the 5th to 18th of April, the user was still able to contact you via PMs as you had not activated the Ban feature.

I would like to reiterate that we do not condone users harassing models in public or private chat and have site rules in place, including model controlled features available (as listed below) should users misbehave and breach our guidelines.
  • Mute: User is restricted from messaging in your public room for 24 hours but the user can still PM you
  • 30-day Ban: User is banned from accessing your room and sending you PMs for 30 days and restrictions are then automatically removed after this timeframe
  • Perm Ban: User is permanently banned from accessing your room and sending you PMs

I know there is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming at times, but we are always here to help.
Should you require further clarification or assistance on any of our other features, please do not ever hesitate to contact me at any time.
Hey, thanks for following up via email. I was coming here to update my experience, but I see you've also posted your official email response.

I would like to note:
  • I did request support with blocking the user from my room on April 9th (The mute was then over, he was no longer in my room, I could not search by username to block him. Support said no, that I had to wait for him to come back into my room.)
  • I believe I did block him later in the week, but apparently I screwed that up.
  • The warning was ineffective
  • I was advised that Support misspoke when they said the system had not been updated
So, do users ever get banned for being reported for being abusive to a model, and if so, how many warnings they get?

The response from support was:

"If we have reports from other models, we will take further actions regarding his account. If he keeps ignoring our warning, the limitations on his account might be permanent."

There may have been no technical issues on your end, but I did request support that i did not receive.

It's honestly just to be expected that you certainly wouldn't condone the harassment of models. Seems like more could be done to support us when we have been, though.

Upvote 0
So, do users ever get banned for being reported for being abusive to a model, and if so, how many warnings they get?

The response from support was:

"If we have reports from other models, we will take further actions regarding his account. If he keeps ignoring our warning, the limitations on his account might be permanent."
It's honestly just to be expected that you certainly wouldn't condone the harassment of models. Seems like more could be done to support us when we have been, though.
I'll state this again... There needs to be more done by Stripchat support team to actually support their models. You don't need multiple reports to make a user unable to enter one model's chat. Let models ban ANYONE at ANYTIME. This is part of why MFC remains the best (female model) freemium site.

I adore our reps for Stripchat here at ACF, but I implore you both to please make sure this is important to your leadership at the site, @xChloe and @Charlie_SC. If the site does not have their models' backs, the site will fail. Please do better!

Upvote 0
I could not search by username to block him

This is something we could add to suggestions for the site because it definitely is a very useful option to have - based on other sites having this feature.
CB has this and I can say, it's very useful to models.

But with the stance/issue of not wanting/being allowed to ban/kick users that have not spoken in the room, I think this will be "part" of that so I don't see it being added, unfortunately, not yet anyway

Upvote 0
I'll state this again... There needs to be more done by Stripchat support team to actually support their models. You don't need multiple reports to make a user unable to enter one model's chat. Let models ban ANYONE at ANYTIME. This is part of why MFC remains the best (female model) freemium site.

I adore our reps for Stripchat here at ACF, but I implore you both to please make sure this is important to your leadership at the site, @xChloe and @Charlie_SC. If the site does not have their models' backs, the site will fail. Please do better!
Thank you, @AmberCutie! Agreed, and thank you for that recommendation.

@Charlie_SC has been prompt about following up, which is appreciated, but ideally it should not be necessary to get outside involvement to address this type of thing.

If "all processes were followed and my queries were all responded to accordingly", then I encourage Stripchat management to consider a more model-centric lens to create a safer, happier, and hornier environment for all models and for non-abusive site users.

Support would not assist me in banning this user, despite my specific newbie requests for help on April 8, April 14, and 16.

It's never (well, rarely?) my goal to complain about a policy just for the sake of complaining.

I chose not to share the comment initially (we've all seen rude comments from random internet jerks before), but since language like "misbehaving", "behaving inappropriately", and "breaching guidelines" is really not descriptive of the issue, I am sharing the screenshot for context now.

Stripchat First Report Small.jpeg
The rest of the room was having a pretty good time, as I recall. There had been no contact with this user previously, just some random dude suddenly caps-locking, 5-fuckn, 5 red-angry-face furious at a new model for... some reason of his own, I guess? (IDK, not his therapist.)

(He's an Ultimate/Royal member, so he's an experienced site user, FWIW)

I clicked the little button to report and mute him. It didn't occur to me to also ban him BEFORE his 24 hour mute expired, or I'd have to wait for him to re-enter my room (in order to prevent him from entering my room again).

So, the order of steps to effectively report an abusive user on SC AND to prevent them from returning to your room (under their current username with all their fancy titles and flair, anyway) are:
  1. Stop entertaining/pause show, wash hands, go to computer :blush:
  2. First screenshot the comment/message (you will need this; support will ask)
  3. Then "Report" user
  4. Screenshot that too
  5. Then "Ban" the user (forever or for 30 days, your call)
  6. Screenshot that too
  7. NOW mute the user (if you want to remove the comment from your room feed)
  8. Screenshot that, too
  9. Shake it off, resume entertaining whoever is still in your room.
I did manage to effectively ban him on his 3rd visit.

Saw his name, asked if he was the same dude, looked it up, asked why he was back, told him he had been shitty to me before, told him that I did not want him there.

His response?
Stripchat Second Report Small.jpeg

He remained in the room until I banned and reported and muted him again. (this process can/should be simpler.)

He is still an active site user today, from what can I see from my banned list.

I do not give a shit if some rando thinks I am ugly. Ugly is subjective. Most people who do find me ugly would simply move on to the next room, though.

Nor do I give a shit if he thinks I am a slut. (Kind of a strange insult from a camsite VIP, but ok.)

It's not my job to fix a random user's rage feels or to teach basic respect for women/cam performers/SWers.

I do not give multiple chances to people who have been shitty, aggressive or openly hostile. It's unnecessary and problematic.

It *is* my job to create a fun, sexy environment for the people in my room who are there to enjoy it.

I'd prefer to spend my time performing erotic labour on a site that has clear and supportive policies that assist models effectively AND efficiently when they have concerns, with particular understanding of the slut-shaming stigma/disrespect/hostility that we occasionally, but routinely, are subjected to as sexualized performers, but that none of us deserve.

Thanks for reading, I hope it somehow leads to a more pleasant experience for other performers and respectful site users.

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting this thread. I joined stripchat recently, and never have I known a site where I have had to ban so many users.

But the worst is when one comes into the room (I only allow chat with those who have signed up to the site) and launches a tirade of abuse for no reason. I have been called a 'dirty queer', and a 'desperate faggot'. Where I am from this language is totally unacceptable. And frankly it's abit weird, like what are these users hoping to gain from this? I just ban them instantly and do not engage. I used the 'report' button once, but frankly I don't trust that it actually does anything. When I ban a user their messages get removed, so will the 'reported' abuse even be seen by anyone? Not convinced.

What I don't understand is, I have been using Chaturbate for years and can't even think of any occasions where this type of language has been used towards me by random users. So what is it about stripchat that is attracting these undesirable types?

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting this thread. I joined stripchat recently, and never have I known a site where I have had to ban so many users.

But the worst is when one comes into the room (I only allow chat with those who have signed up to the site) and launches a tirade of abuse for no reason. I have been called a 'dirty queer', and a 'desperate faggot'. Where I am from this language is totally unacceptable. And frankly it's abit weird, like what are these users hoping to gain from this? I just ban them instantly and do not engage. I used the 'report' button once, but frankly I don't trust that it actually does anything. When I ban a user their messages get removed, so will the 'reported' abuse even be seen by anyone? Not convinced.

What I don't understand is, I have been using Chaturbate for years and can't even think of any occasions where this type of language has been used towards me by random users. So what is it about stripchat that is attracting these undesirable types?
Wow, I'm sorry that has been happening. Literal hate speech is totally not okay!
Also agree it's strange, esp because the way the site is laid out; you really have to be specifically searching in order to find guy cams. Internalized homophobia, I guess? But not okay by any means.

I'm not sure if banning removes the message from the public chat? Fo some reason I thought you also had to mute to do that?

Upvote 0
Wow, I'm sorry that has been happening. Literal hate speech is totally not okay!
Also agree it's strange, esp because the way the site is laid out; you really have to be specifically searching in order to find guy cams. Internalized homophobia, I guess? But not okay by any means.

I'm not sure if banning removes the message from the public chat? Fo some reason I thought you also had to mute to do that?

A mute or ban will remove the messages from public chat for other users.
If there is a knight in the room with the model and the model MUTES, it will be silenced for ALL users except the model and knight/s.
If the model bans the user, it will remove all messages for all users, including the knights (and not sure about for models?).

With the mute, it says "user muted by [name]" but with a ban, it doesn't display any message to other users to show you have banned someone.
I know on other sites (CB) it will say when a user is banned from the room and all people see that message, some models feel bad/shy/awkward about this so I do prefer it showing no message - in my opinion, we users don't need to see a message saying "user was banned from the room".

With a mute as mentioned previously, just because they are muted in public chat they can still PM you though

Reactions: lola_alol
Upvote 0
View attachment 92521

(He's an Ultimate/Royal member, so he's an experienced site user, FWIW)

Saw his name, asked if he was the same dude, looked it up, asked why he was back, told him he had been shitty to me before, told him that I did not want him there.

His response?
View attachment 92522

A lot of those Ultimate members seem to think they're big hotshots who can do whatever they want, just because SC gives them extra perks. 🙄 Sometimes they annoy me even more than the other colored username members. Sorry to hear that you had to deal with this piece of shit on more than one occasion.

Yes, when I click the "Ban Forever" button, it permanently bans that member from my room and removes all of his messages from my public chat. I just had to do this a few days ago with some asshole in my room. That's why (when I actually do want to get a screenshot) I make sure to get the screenshot first before I click the "Ban Forever" button. Otherwise I'll miss my chance of capturing evidence of what he said.

Upvote 0
A lot of those Ultimate members seem to think they're big hotshots who can do whatever they want, just because SC gives them extra perks. 🙄 Sometimes they annoy me even more than the other colored username members. Sorry to hear that you had to deal with this piece of shit on more than one occasion.

Yes, when I click the "Ban Forever" button, it permanently bans that member from my room and removes all of his messages from my public chat. I just had to do this a few days ago with some asshole in my room. That's why (when I actually do want to get a screenshot) I make sure to get the screenshot first before I click the "Ban Forever" button. Otherwise I'll miss my chance of capturing evidence of what he said.
Thank you! Just tried a test ban and you're right!

I really thought I needed to ban AND mute to remove their messages, so I'm glad it's a bit easier than I thought. (7 steps instead of 9.)

Re: capturing evidence; seems like something the site could and should do automatically as part of the reporting process (without requiring screenshots.)

Upvote 0

I 1,000,000% agree. I am extremely puzzled why they don’t let us ban WHO WE WANT, regardless of if they talk or not. Literally I’ve had trolls make insulting usernames, to get a rise out of me and I can’t do anything about it. Sitting duck. Conversely there’s people who just sit in a room, sometimes for up to a couple weeks, just to upset people and they know there’s nothing we can do to boot them out, if they don’t talk. Bottom line, if you made burning up to the model and whoever they wanted, at whatever time— it would probably make your website even more money, because people wouldn’t be comfortable with this mooching, if they knew they could be banned at any time etc

Upvote 0
I 1,000,000% agree. I am extremely puzzled why they don’t let us ban WHO WE WANT, regardless of if they talk or not. Literally I’ve had trolls make insulting usernames, to get a rise out of me and I can’t do anything about it. Sitting duck. Conversely there’s people who just sit in a room, sometimes for up to a couple weeks, just to upset people and they know there’s nothing we can do to boot them out, if they don’t talk. Bottom line, if you made burning up to the model and whoever they wanted, at whatever time— it would probably make your website even more money, because people wouldn’t be comfortable with this mooching, if they knew they could be banned at any time etc
I know they're constantly working to improve the features they offer to models, so don't be too harsh on them. They're still relatively new in the sense of the cam site world, they've got growing pains to work out, and ACF is helping to shape their future. :)

Upvote 0
I know they're constantly working to improve the features they offer to models, so don't be too harsh on them. They're still relatively new in the sense of the cam site world, they've got growing pains to work out, and ACF is helping to shape their future. :)

:h:

Stephen Colbert Thank You GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.