AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Acne on cam models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2012
Kentucky
Honestly I had no idea where to put this. Plus I wanted a regular member point of view too.
How do you feel when you open a model cam and there's a face full of red dots staring at you?
Well not really a face full, but enough to notice.
Do you feel disgusted? Do you think "Oh that's so great, she doesn't care what anyone thinks!" Or do you just not notice it?

I haven't had anyone trolling my room talking about my acne. But I notice it.
When I started on MFC, I used to cake on like 3 layers of Clinique brand products. It only made it worse, obviously.
Finally after a few days I decided "I'm gonna tone down the whore makeup." [I put on extremely dark lipstick when I wear a shit ton of foundation/concealer.]
My earnings have kinda went down, but on the other hand, I had a pretty amazing day without the makeup too. So I dunno.

I feel like if I keep going any longer with this, it'll just be a rant thread, so I'll stop now. =P

You as a model obviously know all the blemishes and problems and things you're trying to conceal, but honestly unless you point it out, I'm pretty sure most members will never notice.

The feed that comes through on the other side (from member's perspective) hides quite a bit because the resolution is much lower. One of my model friends suffers from hives for various allergies and is always worried that they show through on cam, but even when she mentions a particularly bad one and holds the cam very close to it to show me, what she describes as some angry red welt is something I have to strain to see, a slight discoloration.

Plus, we're usually focused on... other things.

If you're still really concerned, try broadcasting and then opening the site from a browser and looking at the feed as it comes through from the members side to see what it actually looks like.

Holas Chica :hello2:

You asked so I answer. :-D
IMO, as long as they aren't oozing or huge ass unpopped whiteheads. so what..
The vast majority of us all had zits at some point. Hell, I still get them every so often and I'm no youngster.

My X used to get them on her ass frequently.... pretty severe at times :lol:
She was initially mortified when I pointed out she had what looked like a constellation on her rt butt cheek.
after that it became a game of connect the dots that she seemed to have fun with once she knew it was no big deal.

Perhaps if you are uncomfortable, just use a little concealer and back the cam off a little and play with the lighting for different effects and light levels.. I've seen some girls with what I call 'face cam' where their entire head shoulders is all that's visible. [Cam hanging on the screen usually.] If there's more to look at with a bit of distance, any acne probably wouldn't be as noticeable, if at all.

Real people have zits... warts... birth marks... scars... freckles...acne scars..perfect skin is actually sort of rare.

The media has made it an expectation that "normal" skin is flawless. It isn't. if you find a person with flawless skin, they have lucky genes. That's all.

If you don't obsess over my scars, warts and odd age spots, I won't obsess over your much younger and perfectly normal skin.

I prefer a natural look to be honest, and I bet your acne is hardly noticeable as others have said

Ive seen Girls on MFC were so much eyeshadow and makeup a panda would point and laugh and they look awful IMO!

Reactions: AllisonWilder
I agree that the webcam is quite generous to us. I can notice small red spots in the feed but meh, who cares? Nobody has ever said to me, "Excuse me dear lady, but I can no longer ignore the three pixels of slight discoloration on your chin; please stow away those breasts, for I cannot concentrate; and lo, my boner has verily forgotten about your bosoms and has fled."

Also, depending on what your acne looks like, different methods are needed to cover it up. I usually get just discoloration on my skin so foundation hides it very well. With raised blemishes it usually just makes it worse to cake on makeup. I find that getting rid of all the dead or peeling skin, like with a washcloth or toothbrush, makes it so that the foundation doesn't get underneath skin and make the dead skin stand out. Then a really light thin layer of foundation works best. IMO.

I get BAD body acne. My trick? Pretend anyone who notices it is crazy. :lol:

Adjusting my cam settings helps too though.

If I am breaking out, I usually do a 50/50 in showing myself on cam. I find that no one really says anything and as long as I feel confident, it's the last thing that they'll end up thinking about. I have never really had bad skin though. I only break out once a month and it lasts like, 3 days.

Reactions: LadyLuna
sweetiebatman said:
I prefer a natural look to be honest, and I bet your acne is hardly noticeable as others have said

Ive seen Girls on MFC were so much eyeshadow and makeup a panda would point and laugh and they look awful IMO!

Haha, don't ever come watch me, then — I wear a LOT of makeup. But that's basically how I do it IRL so "meh who cares!" is my take ;)

I remember a basic pointed out the red spot on my left ass cheek whilst trying to do a show, I just turned around and said "I'm human!" and got a few claps from my regs.

I've noticed what I see in the mirror, isn't how I look on cam. If I have blemishes on my face, which I do often, I use YSL touch eclat BUT I put it on by looking at my image on my webcam as opposed to the mirror reflection, and I'm suprised how much it does/doesn't pick up. What we see before us, may not be what others see.

Try looking at yourself on cam before you switch on and if you have to cover up, then use the cam as your mirror.

If I see a model with acne on her face, I just think she has a bad case of acne, no biggie. On the other hand, if I see a woman's whooty that is riddled with big red dots, it's a bit of a turn off. Double standard? Perhaps. :dontknow:

I have temperamental skin sometimes and no one has ever commented on it in over 18 months. Good lighting helps, and more importantly, the less YOU worry about it, the less anyone will notice. (trust me on that one!)

also in Models Only there is a Skincare thread, where many ladies with different skin types rant and rave about all their different ways of dealing with it, and it's a goldmine. :thumbleft: :thumbleft: fave makeup types, diet changes, all kinds of stuff.. and also the webcam/lighting thread !

also i cant really tell with your cam, just for the record. :think:

Vanessa Jade said:
sweetiebatman said:

Haha, don't ever come watch me, then — I wear a LOT of makeup. But that's basically how I do it IRL so "meh who cares!" is my take ;)

Each to their own! I'd never be as crass as to abuse anyone for it its all about personal preference!

Reactions: Vanessa Jade
sweetiebatman said:
Vanessa Jade said:
sweetiebatman said:

Each to their own! I'd never be as crass as to abuse anyone for it its all about personal preference!

:clap:

You wouldn't believe how many people would! I just tell 'em to hit the next button if they're not into gothy chicks. :)

Reactions: sweetiebatman
Real men understand that real women have real skin. If guys want something else they can buy themselves a blowup doll. Those never get acne.

I leaned into the cam last night to show them my taper in my ear and had a giant red pimple on my face, I poked it and said STOP LOOKING AT MY PIMPLE! Why? Because I feel its better for me to point out a small flaw and show I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks, rather than someone being an ass a telling me I have zits.

I also have gained 20 pounds in about 4 or 5 months. I have gotten a chubby little tummy and my thighs aren't as smooth as they were. You know what? FUCK IT! This is me, I like food, which is probably why my face breaks out.

You shouldn't feel ashamed of what you look like, you can't help the pimples. Embrace what you look like and if someone is mean to you, quietly ban them, do not address it and move on!

I have moderate acne and (more annoyingly) acne related redness. I also have crooked teeth. I've honestly never had a negative comment about either. The redness doesn't show up that much on cam (even without makeup), and people tend to compliment me on my "fangs" if they mention them at all (they're very vampiresque, and actually really awesome for doing goth shoots, haha).

I'm a real woman with real curves and real "flaws".
If someone doesn't like that, they can hit the "next" button. :)

Besides, if I'm naked and all someone can notice are a few red spots on my cheeks, I think that they have a bigger problem than I do. :p :p :p

Reactions: Roxiheart
One model I frequent appears to have flawless light skin. One day she leaned in close to the camera and there were freckles everywhere. The point is....the camera hides more than you might think.

Don't worry about a bit of acne. We've all had it.

luvsyou said:
One model I frequent appears to have flawless light skin. One day she leaned in close to the camera and there were freckles everywhere.

I understand where you are coming from, but you could have totally worded that better. Freckles are not flaws. I would do ANYTHING to have freckles! :h:

ok, I admit it, I am OLD, back in the 80's there was a political comic strip called Bloom County.... this topic has ran amok in my brain and everytime I see it I hear Pear Pimples for Hairy Fishnuts because of THIS

fishnuts.jpg

VeronicaChaos said:
luvsyou said:
One model I frequent appears to have flawless light skin. One day she leaned in close to the camera and there were freckles everywhere.

I understand where you are coming from, but you could have totally worded that better. Freckles are not flaws. I would do ANYTHING to have freckles! :h:

Wow....guess i am not as PC as you. Looking up the definition - An imperfection, often concealed. I think many woman use makeup to cover freckles.

luvsyou said:
VeronicaChaos said:
luvsyou said:

Wow....guess i am not as PC as you. Looking up the definition - An imperfection, often concealed. I think many woman use makeup to cover freckles.

I think freckles are cute, one of the perks of shower shows was learning several models have them.

Reactions: Chamaeleon
luvsyou said:
Haha, I am NOT PC.

Freckles are almost as cute as dimples in my opinion. Acne on the face is no big deal either, but a bunch of red dots near genitalia is not exactly attractive. Bumps from shaving are not a big deal either.

:twocents-02cents:

bunch of red dots near genitalia is not exactly attractive.
and
Bumps from shaving are not a big deal either.

kinda cancel each other out don't they? *confused*

But anyway, if you're worried about body blemishes there's tattoo concealer which stays on very well and you don't have to use very much to get it to cover because it is very opaque. I think just lessing their redness is good enough most of the time so they're a bit less distracting, the cam does a lot to hide imperfections for us..

Also, it does a pretty good job of hiding makeup if you're really good at it and there are different pigmented (green) bases that help with redness to help make them less noticeable. As long as blemishes aren't the star of the show, I can't see why anyone would think they are a problem.

LacieLaPlante said:
bunch of red dots near genitalia is not exactly attractive.
and
Bumps from shaving are not a big deal either.

kinda cancel each other out don't they? *confused*

lol, shaving irritation bumps are usually obvious. :)

Attachments

• Poosie(shavebumps).jpg
    Poosie(shavebumps).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 271
Status
Not open for further replies.