AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for newbie user (not model) of camming sites

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2022
I suppose this has already been asked a million times, but I've spent about an hour looking and couldn't find it. I'm a new user (not a model) at StripChat, and I'm very unsure about the appropriate tip levels. I can't afford to spend a fortune, but I also don't want to be a cheapskate. It seems as though there must be tipping going on that isn't shown in the public feed -- is that right? In fact, for the few models I've checked out so far (literally only five), it must be that most of the tipping is happening that way, because otherwise I'm the only one shown as giving any tips in the public feed. I think that models only make $0.05 per ticket. So, if I tip 200 tickets total over 30 minutes or so, that's $10 to the model. Is that being cheap? Is that way overtipping because there are dozens of other guys who are also tipping (but I can't see in the public feed)? Would greatly appreciate any advice!

It all depends on what you can miss. Keep in mind a certain amount and stick to it. 200 tokens in 30 minutes is fine. Some members tip more, others less. Don't try to outtip another member. Just enjoy your time with the model. There are many kinds of people who all have different backgrounds and different incomes. Don't worry that she will think less of you for not tipping thousands.

The invisible tipping you've seen, may be because she's also streaming to other camsites.

It all depends on what you can miss. Keep in mind a certain amount and stick to it. 200 tokens in 30 minutes is fine. Some members tip more, others less. Don't try to outtip another member. Just enjoy your time with the model. There are many kinds of people who all have different backgrounds and different incomes. Don't worry that she will think less of you for not tipping thousands.

The invisible tipping you've seen, may be because she's also streaming to other camsites.
That's really helpful! Thanks. :)

On Stripchat people can tip in PM too, so it could be guys tipping in there. I know some guys prefer that option (myself included) a lot of times for various reasons.
But as mentioned above, it could also be because the model is camming on multiple platforms at once.

As for the tipping amount, it probably all depends on the room and the model, and most importantly what you can afford. If a model complains at you for *only* tipping 200 tokens in 30 minutes and it's all you can afford then move to another model because let's face it, 1) no matter how beautiful and fun women/models are, you should never put yourself into any kind of financial difficulty for them, and 2) literally everyone has different incomes and financial situations happening in real life (which they don't know about and it's none of their business). 3) If you are not tipping as much as they expect/want (using your example above) then they are just not right for you, and it's better for yourself and the model to find someone who is more your fit.

I was going based on your example or even 100 tokens in 30 minutes to be honest, if you only tip 1 token in the space of 1 hour, and slowly do this every day to the model, then yeah that is a whole other story and of course, anyone is going to get pissed off at you and not like it.

All in all, just get a feel (talk and read) for the model, her likes/hates, and the room in general. Some may surprise you in a good way, some in a bad way. If a model isn't the right fit for you and your budget then don't feel bad, all of us are on different levels of income for what we can spend. If you have only visited 5 like you say (maybe more now) then go spread your wings and see a lot more, you will be able to come to your own conclusion - I think it's all a learning process because it can also depend on how YOU are with the model while tipping them.

She could be streaming on multiple sites and getting tips/chats there.

In any case, don't worry about what others are tipping. Every dollar impacts the other person's bottom line.

Your budget is your business and nobody else's.

Edit: there's a really great, relevant image I wish I could find where there's two cakes, and the cake-giver is shy about only being able to give a small cake when there's a big cake right next to it.
One cake labelled "big tip" and the other cake labelled "small tip". The cake eater goes HOLY SHIT, TWO CAKES!

That's basically what it's like 😊

Only you know your budget. Indulging in entertainment like this is a luxury, not a necessity. Don't compare your spending and financial situation with others. So often, it seems like y'all start having problems when the jealousy of someone else's disposable income turns into anger that you show to other members or the performers themselves. Be cool, and by be cool I mean chill, relax, we are all here to have fun right? From your post, I can't tell exactly how you've been interacting, so ignore any of this that isn't applicable. But I think this is how I would explain the basics:

Pay the price that is advertised for a service, trying to negotiate a stated price is a bad look and will cause unnecessary tension. Tipping extra on top of the price is the best way to show you've enjoyed yourself and appreciate the performer, but keep it scaled to your budget. As @KMH mentioned, one cake doesn't make another less appreciated. A tip doesn't have to be 10,000 tokens to make an impact. 200 tokens in 30 minutes is fine and dandy! Just don't be that member who is like, I wish I could tip more, you deserve 7 trillion tokens bb, why aren't you #1 yet? Because that is a weird vibe.

I also think it's good manners when members drop tokens throughout the stream while we carry on conversationally. That time and money add up, and I'm going to remember them for that. If you are entertained by the stream even while it's not explicit, it's a good time to tip. If I showed up in their workplace, I am going to "tip" anyone whose time and attention I take up, or services I enjoyed. (Using the word "tip" in these instances doesn't really sit right with me, because they are still providing a service: I am entertained. I am paying them for that entertainment. I know it's the site lingo, but I still have to make my little pointy point here. For an audience to have the mindset that every token is a tip and not part of the worker's base income is misguided.)

Status
Not open for further replies.