AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice from Member: Sleep shows are not cool and are a waste of members' times.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2022
I'm starting to see this mostly on SM. I think it is an insult to the camming profession in general that someone would expect a member to tip them just for sitting their sleeping. I personally have not given out a single tip for a "sleep show". When did this become a popular thing? I've only been patronizing cam sites for 2 years so maybe I'm just late and misunderstand the value of it.

Hahahahabahahaha.

Sorry for laughing. I just waiting for this complain thread. I think all the sleeping voyeur shows should be moved to their own category/section so the whole front page doesn't appear asleep. I dont think its a good look.

This is only a thing so models can get their hours in during bonus/contest weeks. Thats why you always see a bunch like once a week monthly. Most these models a wearing a tip toy. The appeal is tip to wake them up. But there are plenty of models still who dont do sleep shows.

Last edited:
Some cam sites have a voyeur section that's meant for that sort of thing (Unless that site has a rule about "No sleeping" under any circumstances), which means that members get to watch the model do everyday things around the house, without the model having to interact with you at all.

If you're referring to models actually falling asleep on cam, and they're not in a voyeur section and not doing an intentional sleep show, yeah, that looks pretty bad.

If they're doing an intentional sleep show, even though most members probably wouldn't be into that (And yeah, when members hover the preview thumbnail of the chatroom on the main homepage, it just looks bad), I don't understand how it's "wasting the member's time." If the model states in their room topic that it's a sleep show, you don't have to stick around to type "What the fuck is this bullshit?" in their chat. 😂 You have the choice to leave the room immediately, and spend your money elsewhere. Maybe that model had cammed awake earlier that day, and now they figure that since they're about to go to sleep anyway, they'll offer a sleep fetish show to members who'd be willing to tip for a "Sleeping Beauty." Again, if they're gonna do that, I really think they need to have that placed in a 'voyeur cams' area of the site with #voyeur #sleeping hashtags or whatever, as well as a description in the room topic.

I could understand you being pissed and feeling your time was wasted if, say, it was a GOLD show you'd chipped in for (or a private show), and then once the show began the model all of a sudden goes to lay down and falls asleep. Hell, I could even understand your frustration if every time you visit this model's room, it's always during one of her sleep shows...and never when she's awake. Does she have a cam schedule posted? I don't know...are there models who do strictly sleep shows (or voyeur shows) without ever offering the live chatting interaction?

Why would it be a waste of a members time if they can simply click to another model? Don't worry about what other members want to tip for. If YOU don't like it, don't click those rooms & save your $$ for models you enjoy. Camming isn't some pure sanctity being soiled by sleep shows. I personally have made a lot of $$ during sleep shows--the members who tip me for it like it enough to make it a nice chill break for me after regularly camming for hours. It's also great for people on their period, with chronic health issues or to hit an hour minimum needed. I think it's super silly to be so uptight over something so benign. The only time you're wasting is time spent complaining about it when you could be enjoying your time with an active cam model.

It has value because it makes $$ whether it appeals to you or not.

I thought sleeping on cam was not allowed due to consent issues on all major cam sites? Has that rule changed recently? I'm surprised.

Also like.. obviously as long as everyone is consenting and such, this opinion is dumb

I thought sleeping on cam was not allowed due to consent issues on all major cam sites? Has that rule changed recently? I'm surprised.

Also like.. obviously as long as everyone is consenting and such, this opinion is dumb
yeah i dont get it either. you have to have a piece of paper that says consensual sleep show in our profile photo, some other sign stating as such in frame. Also have to set your category to voyeur.

Its kinda led to a slippery slope. There was a model a couple weeks ago had "consensual kidnapping show" sign and appeared bound and had a tip actived fuck machine.

Advice from Model: Complaining instead of clicking away is not cool and is a waste of everyones' times.

I'm starting to see this mostly on camsites. I think it is an insult to the camming profession in general that someone would expect a model to stop doing something just because you don't like it. I personally have not given out a single shit against a "sleep show". When did this become so hated? I've only been camming on cam sites for 2 years so maybe I'm just late and understand the value of a free market.

I seem to recall that it is not permitted on SC either EXCEPT in a specifically agreed private or exclusive private show.

But, OP, as another user, let me give you some advice... Just go and watch another damned room.

Not all (no?) models are their for your exclusive entertainment. By complaining about it, you are sounding like a twat.

• Funny!
Reactions: jillianna
I'm starting to see this mostly on SM. I think it is an insult to the camming profession in general that someone would expect a member to tip them just for sitting their sleeping. I personally have not given out a single tip for a "sleep show". When did this become a popular thing? I've only been patronizing cam sites for 2 years so maybe I'm just late and misunderstand the value of it.
Yeah... so the site (Streamate) has an advanced search feature. Once you spend money and start favoriting models you like, (who in your personal case don't do sleep shows) then your first page will populate with those models and models like them, every time you log in. So I'm missing the big deal here... Feel free to elaborate; I'm curious. Or have you maybe not actually spent any money yet, and discovered that?

Also sidenote; most of them are not actually sleeping, it's a fetish roleplay (insert facepalm here). It does seem to be a common assumption that they are, but many/ most are not. It's a roleplay.

Last edited:
On streamate, you know before you enter the room that they are doing a sleep show. So I reallyyyyy have a hard time feeling bad for you and your time wasted. Why click if you know they are doing something you don't like?

Yes I agree that the front page showing a bunch of sleeping gals is an interesting look that I wouldn't necessarily be expecting when I go to a cam site, and it would probably be better to move them to a separate section. But your complaint here is silly.

I haven't visited SM for a few years now, but I do recall when I was last visiting the site, I never saw any models doing these "sleep shows". So I guess it's a new thing now and is allowed if the model is in voyeur mode? I can't imagine it being a thing if the model is in public chat and expecting tips for it...??

On almost any of the free token sites, it's one of the items that still appears in the drop-down menu that a model can be reported for if she is sleeping on cam. I've found quite a few models asleep on cam in my years of visiting cam sites, but instead of reporting I usually send a few 1 token tips hoping the tip sound or the vibrations is enough to wake them up. If not, I move on to another room. So yeah, I kinda have to support the OP on the notion of when did this become an accepted thing in public chat...if that is what the OP was referring to..??

Yeah... so the site (Streamate) has an advanced search feature. Once you spend money and start favoriting models you like, (who in your personal case don't do sleep shows) then your first page will populate with those models and models like them, every time you log in. So I'm missing the big deal here... Feel free to elaborate; I'm curious. Or have you maybe not actually spent any money yet, and discovered that?

Also sidenote; most of them are not actually sleeping, it's a fetish roleplay (insert facepalm here). It does seem to be a common assumption that they are, but many/ most are not. It's a roleplay.

I've spent lots of money. I have my Favorites but am always looking at new rooms to add more Favorites. Most models I am into are the fitness/bodybuilder types as I have a muscle fetish. I've probably spent about $15K total in tokens (CB) and gold(SM) over the past 2 years so I do have a track record of spending. That's not an issue. I'm actually glad the sites have gotten a bit stricter as of late 2021 in restricting some things because my spending was getting out of control and some of the privates and exclusives I used to do are no longer allowed.

On streamate, you know before you enter the room that they are doing a sleep show. So I reallyyyyy have a hard time feeling bad for you and your time wasted. Why click if you know they are doing something you don't like?

Yes I agree that the front page showing a bunch of sleeping gals is an interesting look that I wouldn't necessarily be expecting when I go to a cam site, and it would probably be better to move them to a separate section. But your complaint here is silly.

That's true. But I've noticed the preview only working when I've logged in. Don't know if it's a browser issue. Sometimes I'd open a tab for a room in a new window but login on the current tab and then refresh the new tab. The room thumbnail is not always taken from the preview from what I've seen. Just my experience.

I've spent lots of money. I have my Favorites but am always looking at new rooms to add more Favorites. Most models I am into are the fitness/bodybuilder types as I have a muscle fetish. I've probably spent about $15K total in tokens (CB) and gold(SM) over the past 2 years so I do have a track record of spending. That's not an issue. I'm actually glad the sites have gotten a bit stricter as of late 2021 in restricting some things because my spending was getting out of control and some of the privates and exclusives I used to do are no longer allowed.
Ok, well fair enough. Thanks for contributing and supporting our industry, people like you are greatly appreciated 💙

You might be seeing more sleeping this week, because it's a long contest week, with minimum hourly requirements. For models who do a lot of toy/ penetration/ dildo play, and have a more physical show, or who use the lush for hours per day, it gets physically exhausting. So I would imagine sleep shows give them a way of catering to a fetish, while also meeting minimum hourly requirements, to stay competitive in a brutal and grueling contest. I could not sleep or stay still that long, so I admire the models who do, because they can't actually get any real sleep or genuine rest for that time. I hear what you are saying too though.

That's true. But I've noticed the preview only working when I've logged in. Don't know if it's a browser issue. Sometimes I'd open a tab for a room in a new window but login on the current tab and then refresh the new tab. The room thumbnail is not always taken from the preview from what I've seen. Just my experience.
My mistake, I was under the impression that if performers are going to do a sleep show then they need to update the preview image to reflect that. The preview images being updated daily is a new thing on the site, so I am sure they are still working out the issues with that.

Reactions: MarieElise
Some people have the fetish to watch you while you sleep. Is that wrong? No, definitely not.
If you don't understand someone's fetish you shouldn't complain about it, because some may not understand yours at some point. If you don't like something, go to another room, because there's plenty of models that don't do sleep shows.
Some people like feet, some people like armpits, some people like to see you eating or sleeping. Yes, it's bad if there are 10 models on the front page that are sleeping but it's not always like that.

Reactions: jillianna
Yawn.

(get it? :) )

Some people have the fetish to watch you while you sleep. Is that wrong? No, definitely not.
If you don't understand someone's fetish you shouldn't complain about it, because some may not understand yours at some point. If you don't like something, go to another room, because there's plenty of models that don't do sleep shows.
Some people like feet, some people like armpits, some people like to see you eating or sleeping. Yes, it's bad if there are 10 models on the front page that are sleeping but it's not always like that.
If I posted about fetishes that I don't understand it would take up all my free time, well until I got banned that is. That's why I never worry about them unless they're things like incest or pedo. It's a large, weird and wonderful world out there and you're never going to understand most of it.

If you use the More Rooms Like This tab under the room you are viewing, the previews should work without logging in; it does for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.