AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Am I bad for her?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2016
Maybe I'm over thinking this, but indulge me for a minute.

So a model who I'm a regular for a long time now, well the only one I really visit anymore has become a really, really good friend of mine. Where practically a day doesn't go by where we don't talk on MFC, twitter or elsewhere. I always try to be on when she is to keep her company until she logs for the evening. Of course I like to show my appreciation for the things she does and her time by tipping. Recently, she's been having a rough patch with people just free loading while she's on there will be on average 400-500 people in her room but no one will tip. Except for me.

So recently, I've started thinking is it me that's causing a problem? Since I'm always on and in her room when she is I'm sort of like a fixture in the room for other regulars to the point where she has asked that people will ask her where I am if I'm not there. Could everyone else just be sitting on their hands and not tipping because I always am and that sets the precedent of "Oh! He'll take care of the topic!"? It's not like I'm dropping tip bombs all over the place, I just tip for games that night or whatever but mainly just to show appreciation and eventually half a topic might be gone or something.

I've tried ninja tipping but then that doesn't go towards topic or encourage others to tip as well cause they can't see that. It just sucks to hear or see her frustrations which only makes me tip more to be honest, but that makes me think:

If I wasn't around or tipping would things be better for her?

How about offering to match tips in the model's chat room? That can be a great way to help move count downs along while encouraging others to participate as well.

You can also tip anonymously! Have some emote or phrase or something you can leave in the tip note so she knows it's you, but no one else has to. ^_^

Just from a member point of view, I get put off getting involved by some regulars. Not saying you're like this, but it's the ones that spam banners, demand people tip the model etc.

I'm not sure I'm alone in this, but I have seen a model really tail off in that situation. The regular tips huge amounts, and sort of becomes possessive over the room. It can descend into situations where, rather than contribute to the room, that regular can be seen as talking down to other members. Of course, in that situation is the regular is tipping huge amounts, the model is likely to be less inclined to do anything about it, given there's no guarantee any actions would work.

So in answer to the question, there's no real answer as to whether you're bad for her. Maybe just have a look at your actions though, and just rule out anything that could potentially make it seem that way. Otherwise she's likely to be bad for you, as you could feel obligated to overextend your finances.

Since I'm always on and in her room when she is I'm sort of like a fixture in the room for other regulars to the point where she has asked that people will ask her where I am if I'm not there.

I really did not like being singled out like that too. I've only been around a year, but in my first few months people kept doing these "king" emotes when I entered the room when I got home after work and logged in, talked a bit and tipped. It was awkward. A room with members (not 400 unless she was doing a cumshow for free in public) and they think I am the "king"? That is messed up o_O in so many ways. I can usually see the kings-- those that tip a ton, or ones she does free stuff for in public--which isn't me; I could wish I was, a year on MFC tells me I am no king of anything and that is pretty much how it always has been--but that is kinda how I was expecting it to be.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amelia Liddell
Maybe I'm over thinking this, but indulge me for a minute.

So a model who I'm a regular for a long time now, well the only one I really visit anymore has become a really, really good friend of mine. Where practically a day doesn't go by where we don't talk on MFC, twitter or elsewhere. I always try to be on when she is to keep her company until she logs for the evening. Of course I like to show my appreciation for the things she does and her time by tipping. Recently, she's been having a rough patch with people just free loading while she's on there will be on average 400-500 people in her room but no one will tip. Except for me.

So recently, I've started thinking is it me that's causing a problem? Since I'm always on and in her room when she is I'm sort of like a fixture in the room for other regulars to the point where she has asked that people will ask her where I am if I'm not there. Could everyone else just be sitting on their hands and not tipping because I always am and that sets the precedent of "Oh! He'll take care of the topic!"? It's not like I'm dropping tip bombs all over the place, I just tip for games that night or whatever but mainly just to show appreciation and eventually half a topic might be gone or something.

I've tried ninja tipping but then that doesn't go towards topic or encourage others to tip as well cause they can't see that. It just sucks to hear or see her frustrations which only makes me tip more to be honest, but that makes me think:

If I wasn't around or tipping would things be better for her?

I think it's really sweet of you to think like that! I can totally understand why you care enough to try to puzzle it out. Having said that, don't forget she's not your problem. Don't feel any necessity to do anything other than what you feel like at the time. If you want to tip, then tip. Let her figure out how to handle her room. Enjoy yourself, don't let it become a stress x

When I used to cam on MFC, which feels like forever ago now, I had a few great regulars that tipped consistently for topics, games, and everything else. Absolutely, very few people tipped outside of my core group when they realized they didn't have to. My regulars and I solved this issue by (1) ninja tipping in free chat and (2) their commitment to using the tokens they would have spent on me in free chat to use in group instead.

Both ways have their ups and downs and it would really be what works best for the model and you. Best of luck!

When I used to cam on MFC, which feels like forever ago now, I had a few great regulars that tipped consistently for topics, games, and everything else. Absolutely, very few people tipped outside of my core group when they realized they didn't have to. My regulars and I solved this issue by (1) ninja tipping in free chat and (2) their commitment to using the tokens they would have spent on me in free chat to use in group instead.

Both ways have their ups and downs and it would really be what works best for the model and you. Best of luck!
This is a great idea! I have a lot of people that just hangout and wait for my regulars to tip me and it drives me up the wall! Great ideas to get a room involved.

I've been in the same situation with a few models.

Tip matching can get people to tip, but if you do it too often then people end up not tipping unless you're matching, which brings its own problems.

Ninja tips and/or anonymous tips can help. Or just tipping her small amounts and tipping offline the rest of what you'd normally tip otherwise.

One problem is that when you reduce your tipping some members will get mad at you and just tell you to tip more. (Even if they're not tipping. Ugh.) I'd suggest making a second MFC account under a different name and start using that most of the time. (Keep using the old one sometimes, so it's less obvious that you abandoned it.)

Let your model friend know about the new account, but make it clear to her that she should keep your new identity a secret.

As a tipping member as well as a model, I've found the very best way to encourage others to tip is to ask them POLITELY in a tip note to JOIN you in a yellow wall.
This it would seem is such a basic thing but it's something no one seems to actually do often... they either don't ask and then get annoyed no one joined them or don't ask nicely or in a tip... thus putting people off.

Example of asking politely "Would anyone care to join me in a yellow wall? :)"
Example of asking without asking leading to the request going completely over most heads, and possibly being misunderstood for you not wanting to be interrupted. "YELLOW WALL!"
Example of making people want nothing other than to NOT tip to help you "c'mon fuckers help me!"... "tip her!"... "is no one else going to tip?" ... "yellow wall you bunch of freeloaders!"

Last edited:
telling other members to tip even if you are tipping is probably the last thing you should do, most won't tip after that just out of spite.

also there's a high ranked model whose biggest tipper and room helper bans people after a few minutes after they join her room if they don't tip. it's become a joke now for a lot of members as they just join her room to see how long they can last before getting banned, of course she doesn't say anything to him because he's paying her bills.

I think in any model's room, no matter what her rank, this is always the case. There are few regular tippers no matter how many viewers. This shows clearly on MFC now that tippers can be listed first. You will see the same names every day.

telling other members to tip even if you are tipping is probably the last thing you should do, most won't tip after that just out of spite.

I gotta agree with this. I've seen it too many times, when even a polite request from another member in the room to join in tipping is met with stony silence from the assembled throng and the tipping fades away. Every member who has tokens wants to tip when they wish too... not on another members request (or demand!). Personally, I would never ask anyone in the room to join my tips, as that would be like tipper kryptonite! :grumpy:

IMO... I have found it best to cut the blah blah, take no notice of what everyone else is tipping (or not tipping) and make with the kerching kerching... and let everyone tip as they wish. The best trick I use is to alternate a few of my own tips with a few anonymous tips. Create the illusion of a few tippers and hopefully pull a few other people into joining in. More carrot than stick methinks.:D

I had this problem for a while. My regular decided to tip match or ninja tip.

However even when he tipped matched he told me in PM and then *I* told the room. "Hey xxxxxx is going to be matching tips for the next 3 minuteS!!" And I set a timer. I think the room seeing how excited I was about it vs another member asking them to tip is what helps it to be succesful.

As a tipping member as well as a model, I've found the very best way to encourage others to tip is to ask them POLITELY in a tip note to JOIN you in a yellow wall.
This it would seem is such a basic thing but it's something no one seems to actually do often... they either don't ask and then get annoyed no one joined them or don't ask nicely or in a tip... thus putting people off.

Example of asking politely "Would anyone care to join me in a yellow wall? :)"
Example of asking without asking leading to the request going completely over most heads, and possibly being misunderstood for you not wanting to be interrupted. "YELLOW WALL!"
Example of making people want nothing other than to NOT tip to help you "c'mon fuckers help me!"... "tip her!"... "is no one else going to tip?" ... "yellow wall you bunch of freeloaders!"

Whatever you do, don't start a yellow wall in the middle of a decent conversation. It certainly doesn't make me want to contribute, especially if I were one of the talkers. Wait for lulls in chat for those yellow walls!

I've heard of members getting around this by having two accounts - that way you can let the model know in a tip note or PM that it's you, and you can still ninja/anon tip her, but nobody else in the room knows that the "king" is in the room. You can switch between the two accounts as you see fit :) or send tips when she's offline. I've also heard of a member saying he couldn't tip much anymore for whatever reason and only giving small tips, but letting the model know that's not actually the case and still doing ninja/anon tips as usual.

MFC is a bit weird. Sometimes members will see a big tipper and want to compete or join in but it can have the complete opposite effect like everyone has said. I've seen different models' rooms operate in completely different ways with different vibes so perhaps you could speak to the model herself about it to see what she feels could help?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Always_Tim
Status
Not open for further replies.