AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon is raising the price of Prime to $119

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did that a couple of years ago to $109, or was it 119? But, they moved it back down to 99.

If they stay at 119, it's still a bargain for me.

The Prime shipping is worth the $119 alone for many, however, add to that Amazon videos, unlimited photo storage, their book borrowing program, and other benefits - I cannot imagine a better deal of it's kind out there.

Can't please everyone. Company's doing what companies do: make money.

I think their profits are irrelevant when talking about the value of a product they provide. I can name plenty of products which cost a fraction of what the company pays to manufacture. Price is determined by what the market will bear, not by if the company will make too much profit. I could charge half as much as I do with the product I offer, and still make a profit - should I? I suppose there might be an ethical consideration if it were an Epi pen, or a live saving treatment, but Prime is not a life saving product, and no one needs it too survive - they/we just want things faster in this fast paced world we live in.

I can confirm that they are the WORST for treating workers like shit... but that doesn't bear much on the price. I did used to work there for a year though and they don't give a shit about worker health....

I got carpal tunnel in both wrists and fingers and my arms were consistently numb for months but they refused to move me to another station which had openings so I could use different muscles for a bit and give my wrists a break from packaging... I finally had to quit cause I just couldn't keep up anymore with numbed limbs and they kept yelling at me for it each day as I cried from the pain trying to keep up...

I think if they are raising the price they should at LEAST raise workers pay to try and make up for the strenuous and often dangerous work they do.

Reactions: Amalnia
I can confirm that they are the WORST for treating workers like shit... but that doesn't bear much on the price. I did used to work there for a year though and they don't give a shit about worker health....

I got carpal tunnel in both wrists and fingers and my arms were consistently numb for months but they refused to move me to another station which had openings so I could use different muscles for a bit and give my wrists a break from packaging... I finally had to quit cause I just couldn't keep up anymore with numbed limbs and they kept yelling at me for it each day as I cried from the pain trying to keep up...

I think if they are raising the price they should at LEAST raise workers pay to try and make up for the strenuous and often dangerous work they do.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...kip-bathroom-breaks-to-keep-their-jobs.31311/

• Helpful!
Reactions: zippypinhead
Yep, I know all about that Guy... I had to do the same working at Amazon in the US too. If you walk away for more than 10 minutes the whole shift you are written up. This includes if you are back a bit late from a break or lunch, which BTW... The breaks are 15 min long, starting where you stand at your station not at the breakroom. Usually takes least 3-4 min to walk TO the breakroom, then back, cause ya know HUGE warehouses... So you either take your actually less than 10 minute break to use the restroom or grab a quick drink if you can, oh and no running cause dangers and could also be written up.

In the summers its hot as HELL in those buildings... and I couldn't even go refill my water bottle more than once a shift or during my short lunch break or risk being fired. Lunch ends up being 20 min instead of 30 cause of the need to be back 5 min early to do afternoon warmup exercises and THE DAMN WALKING TIME place to place. So overall, for a ten hour minimum mandatory shift you get maybe 40 min of break if you are fast and lucky, this is spread out in your 20 min lunch and 2 very short breaks. The work is so grueling... Ambulances were a regular occurrence and not everyone made it back to work, then they put the blame for that back on the workers not following safety procedure instead of the fact you literally HAVE to ignore it to go as fast and long as they want you to, or you're dropped as dead weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.