AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wish list giving out personal info

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
16_bit said:
One thing that models may want to considered if you go the e-gift card option is shipping. Are you ok to cover shipping or should they include that in the e-gift card price too? Some people simply might not check how much as item costs with shipping and just send you the item amount. Might not be a big issue, and not an issue if it's free shipping but i've always added the cost of shipping to the card.

An e-gift card is a gift card that is sent to a person's e-mail address. So there usually aren't any shipping charges. :) I've e-mailed my dad a Home Depot e-gift card before, and there is no shipping cost to do that, since it just goes to the recipient's e-mail address. The same goes for Amazon e-gift cards, etc.

It sounds like what you're talking about is a physical gift card, which is the card that you would have mailed to a person's home or P.O. Box.

Reactions: 16_bit
The_Brown_Fox said:
16_bit said:
One thing that models may want to considered if you go the e-gift card option is shipping. Are you ok to cover shipping or should they include that in the e-gift card price too? Some people simply might not check how much as item costs with shipping and just send you the item amount. Might not be a big issue, and not an issue if it's free shipping but i've always added the cost of shipping to the card.

An e-gift card is a gift card that is sent to a person's e-mail address. So there usually aren't any shipping charges. :) I've e-mailed my dad a Home Depot e-gift card before, and there is no shipping cost to do that, since it just goes to the recipient's e-mail address. The same goes for Amazon e-gift cards, etc.

It sounds like what you're talking about is a physical gift card, which is the card that you would have mailed to a person's home or P.O. Box.

Looking back, i wasn't as clear as i thought i was so thank you for you post.
I know there is no shipping on an e-gift card. Let me explain using an example. Below is a dress added on a wishlist. The price is $39.99 and this is what shows on the wishlist page but on the right it shows that there is actually $8.49 shipping.
If a member were to buy this off amazon, they would have to pay the total of $48.48. If they were getting an e-gift card, they might see the price of $39.99 and get the card for that amount.
So depending on the model and shipping amount, i was trying to say that they might want to make it clear whether the card should include the shipping cost or whether they are happy to cover it themselves.

Attachments

• AmazonExample.jpg
    AmazonExample.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 64
Could I get a link to that dress? I'd like to add it to my wishlist x.x

(I do not have it set to public, btw)

Reactions: 16_bit
I have a little Amazon web store. I use it to sell my occasional used books.

It would take me about 60 seconds to add an item to my store that's on a wishlist, then buy that item from my store under another ID.
Voila - address - no need for anything to leak.

Setting up an amazon store takes only a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.