AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wishlist

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2015
Hey there so I am fairly new to mfc and have used my amazon wishlist once, my only issue is how do you know that the user does not cancel the order after showing you the confirmation email. Can they cancel the order? Thanks for any help ladies

If you have gone to "search" and typed in "amazon" you would have gotten a ton of results about this.

Yes they can cancel the order.
Yes they can get your address from amazon purchases too.

Don't do/send them anything until you have the item in hand.

kissmekarma said:
Hey there so I am fairly new to mfc and have used my amazon wishlist once, my only issue is how do you know that the user does not cancel the order after showing you the confirmation email. Can they cancel the order? Thanks for any help ladies

I personally do not think it is worth it to risk with them being able to get your address so i just ask for amazon gift cards instead of putting my info in.

TinyT1212 said:
I personally do not think it is worth it to risk with them being able to get your address so i just ask for amazon gift cards instead of putting my info in.

Is it actually still possible to get an address from an Amazon wishlist? The only references to this I've found are from years ago and they all say the issue was fixed.

Jimmy9 said:
TinyT1212 said:

Is it actually still possible to get an address from an Amazon wishlist? The only references to this I've found are from years ago and they all say the issue was fixed.
Yes. It's still an issue, but nothing Amazon can do about it, it's the carriers that cause the problem mostly.

When you look at the pros and cons of wishlists, I'm surprised so many models have them.

Cons

- There's the potential for scams

- There's the potential for members to obtain your real name/address

- If a model wants to safeguard against her location being given away, she has to pay for a PO box and travel there and back whenever she wants to pick up a parcel

- Every penny a member spends on a wishlist gift is one less penny spent in that model's room, and negates the camscore benefits that go with that

Pros

- Receive lots of nice things without having to buy them yourself

I'm not against wishlists, in fact I quite like them as they allow members to give models something that feels like an actual gift as opposed to mere payment for a service, which can be nice around birthdays or Christmas. But looking at it objectively, there are far more cons than pros, and some of those cons are pretty big ones.

mynameisbob84 said:
- Every penny a member spends on a wishlist gift is one less penny spent in that model's room, and negates the camscore benefits that go with that

I think this one is more complicated than simply "I have $50 to spend, where will I spend it". There are guys who are more interested in, and more likely to, send wishlist gifts than tip. So they're not exchanging your potential tokens for a present, those are tokens you wouldn't have received because they don't buy tokens like they buy presents.

The only time I think it's really as direct as you're saying is if girls offer to receive wishlist gifts as a form of payment, in which case yeah, I agree! In that instance I guess it's up to the model to figure out her priorities, sometimes presents are more fun or they can order things they need from amazon, though I do raise an eyebrow a bit when I see girls struggling to pay bills asking for things off their wishlist...but that's their prerogative I suppose.

As for the other cons - a lot of those risks are reduced if you're smart. For example, I'd guess most experienced cam models are kind of past the point of being conned by "I bought you a present, give me a Skype show" (which again kinda depends on you accepting gifts as payment). Same with the name/address - a lot of us (myself included) have no link between our real name or address and our wishlist.

I do agree though especially for new models it can be risky for their safety, as well as it can deter people from tipping, mostly if the model encourages presents over payments. But I think there are quite a few ways to safeguard yourself, the model just needs to know how to go about it!

GenXoxo said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I think this one is more complicated than simply "I have $50 to spend, where will I spend it". There are guys who are more interested in, and more likely to, send wishlist gifts than tip. So they're not exchanging your potential tokens for a present, those are tokens you wouldn't have received because they don't buy tokens like they buy presents.

The only time I think it's really as direct as you're saying is if girls offer to receive wishlist gifts as a form of payment, in which case yeah, I agree! In that instance I guess it's up to the model to figure out her priorities, sometimes presents are more fun or they can order things they need from amazon, though I do raise an eyebrow a bit when I see girls struggling to pay bills asking for things off their wishlist...but that's their prerogative I suppose.

As for the other cons - a lot of those risks are reduced if you're smart. For example, I'd guess most experienced cam models are kind of past the point of being conned by "I bought you a present, give me a Skype show" (which again kinda depends on you accepting gifts as payment). Same with the name/address - a lot of us (myself included) have no link between our real name or address and our wishlist.

I do agree though especially for new models it can be risky for their safety, as well as it can deter people from tipping, mostly if the model encourages presents over payments. But I think there are quite a few ways to safeguard yourself, the model just needs to know how to go about it!

You're right. It doesn't have to be as absolute as I might have suggested it was, and there are ways to safeguard against certain things. But even with an experienced model who knows to not be scammed with gift cards/gifts or have her real name/address attached to her Amazon account, there's still the worst case scenario of a crazed stalker finding out where her PO Box is and parking there all day waiting for her to collect her stuff. I guess my main point was that while a wishlist might initially seem like little more than a means to "hey, free stuff!", there are risks and dangers attached that might outweigh the reward for a lot of models :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Gen
My post from another thread

I know this is in the "Ask-a-model" section,
but would like to just add that email giftcards are by far the safest option (excluding tokens of course)
the thing you just need to be careful of is fake emails made to look like they are from amazon, giftrocket etc
Always check that email is in fact from amazon and to redeem it BEFORE giving the person anything or doing anything like a skype show for them. I've often heard of guys ordering a gift, model does skype show with them, then they just cancel gift after. IGNORE any email from the person like - "oh here's a pic of my amazon account as proof or here's a receipt," all fake.

Some models put a email address in there profile and mention to use it for email giftcards, but IMO this can be a bit risky because it gives any asshole the chance to email you a virus hoping you will open it, so if you do add it to your profile be very cautious of emails.
For a while some assholes were PMing models saying "Hey i just found a recording of you here's the link", and it was a link to a virus or some spam crap iirc, there's nothing stopping them from searching through models profiles and doing the same with emails.
You could just make a graphic on your profile saying something like "If you want to buy me a gift off my wishlist, mfc mail me what gift(s) you are interested in buying me" then when they do , then u can give them your email. Would maybe reduce the chance of anyone emailing you.
I agree with Teagan, also having a PO Box in another state is far more of an inconvenience than just asking for email giftcards.
Someone knowing your PO Box address, gives them a place where they know you will definitely be. I've heard plenty of models say on cam something like "i'll check my PO Box tomorrow before i cam" or "hope your gift is there tomorrow"

** Also more specific to your post **

showing you the confirmation email.

BINGO, here's the scam right here, you agree what they will "apparently" buy you off your wishlist and what you will give in return, then they send you this "confirmation email" , notice its from THEM not Amazon.
Either some quick screenshot of a webpage adjusted to look like he's placed a order or a fake email he's sent you.

Of course guys will also genuinely buy the gifts normally, you do a skype show or give something else in return then they just go back on amazon, cancel order. Then some even have the balls to say that the orders must of got lost in post :roll:

Safest bet is to just take giftcards. And if you do have a wishlist... I think you can keep your adress hidden as long as you only add stuff sold directly from amazon. (Don't quote me on it though). A lot of girls use PO boxes.

Personally, I don't do wishlists but I take giftcards... as gifts. If you wanna pay me to do flip-flops while singing a little song then tokens. If you thinks I am all cool and and awesome and stuff and you wanna treat me - giftcards. :mrgreen:

Queen_Anne said:
And if you do have a wishlist... I think you can keep your adress hidden as long as you only add stuff sold directly from amazon.

Nooo! Amazon claims this is true but it isn't! If you connect an address to your wishlist, there is always a way for them to get it! (Even if you check the box saying to keep your address private and not to allow third party sellers.) At the least, it's easy for them to see the city and state that you put in.

If you just take gift cards I think you can leave it blank. If you can't, I'd just put something fake in there because it wont ever need to be used.

I've gotten a LOT of stuff from Amazon. Its been great. And members love to spoil us girls. BUT, there is a very easy way for the guys to find your address.

If you file a return (which happens a lot for me) or exchange... it shows up under their account with the address. I've tested this myself.

As long as you don't do a return... you are in the clear. Although I am sure there is sommmmme way for them to find out.

The two best options are simple...

1) only accept gift cards. which the guys don't like that much because they like to buy specfic things - at least I have found this to be the truth.

2) the best solution and what I do. Get a UPS store box.

Emma_Thompson said:
As long as you don't do a return... you are in the clear. Although I am sure there is sommmmme way for them to find out.
Not in the clear, as I have said in numerous other posts, the carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc) is the biggest problem, they're likely to show a delivery address on their website for tracking purposes, which the buyer would have access to.

I really like wishlists. The member knows that 100% of their money is going straight to his lady, and as far as I'm aware (in the UK at least), we don't have to pay tax on physical, non-cash gifts. Also, I only put items on my wishlist that I would like to eventually buy myself, so when my MFC friends buy them for me, they're not just being awesome, they're helping me save monies in the long run. :3 It's definitely best to use a safe address though (such as a PO box or agreeable friend/family member) just in case a courier company messes up and gives out your address.

AmberCutie said:
Emma_Thompson said:
Not in the clear, as I have said in numerous other posts, the carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc) is the biggest problem, they're likely to show a delivery address on their website for tracking purposes, which the buyer would have access to.

YES times a MILLION.
When I was new I had someone find out my full name and address this way. He was even given an image of my signature.

Related question: is there a way to hide the city on the wishlist? If I lived in a bigger area I wouldn't mind, but my town is ridiculously small. :dontknow:

PO boxes are well and good for not tracing the address but it would still show NAME - CITY on the top of the wishlist. The internet tells me there's no way to remove this feature, but I figured if anyone would know for sure it would be you ladies. Otherwise I might have to remove the wishlist altogether until I move somewhere bigger, which would be a bummer, or remove the address but then still give it out if anyone wants to get me something, which is also a bad option. :think: What are ~your~ policies/etc on this?

FiftiesWife said:
Related question: is there a way to hide the city on the wishlist? If I lived in a bigger area I wouldn't mind, but my town is ridiculously small. :dontknow:

PO boxes are well and good for not tracing the address but it would still show NAME - CITY on the top of the wishlist. The internet tells me there's no way to remove this feature, but I figured if anyone would know for sure it would be you ladies. Otherwise I might have to remove the wishlist altogether until I move somewhere bigger, which would be a bummer, or remove the address but then still give it out if anyone wants to get me something, which is also a bad option. :think: What are ~your~ policies/etc on this?

Your options are:

- Only accept giftcards, enter a fake city for the wishlist
- Get a P. O. Box or a box with UPS/FEDEX a couple towns over or in the nearest large city
- Use Delivery Code instead - your customers will have to pay an extra fee for using the service, but you can plug in the URL for items for just about any site, and your location remains 100% secure

Reactions: Gen and DoeEyed
SaffronBurke said:
FiftiesWife said:

Your options are:

- Get a P. O. Box or a box with UPS/FEDEX a couple towns over or in the nearest large city
- Use Delivery Code instead - your customers will have to pay an extra fee for using the service, but you can plug in the URL for items for just about any site, and your location remains 100% secure

Yeah, you can't hide that (which we've said in this thread already!)

In addition to the options Saffron listed, you can use a mail forwarding service. I use one which is far away from me so I can use that address and it doesn't really matter who sees it. They will get your packages for you and then send them to you.

KayleePond said:
SaffronBurke said:
FiftiesWife said:

Your options are:

In addition to the options Saffron listed, you can use a mail forwarding service. I use one which is far away from me so I can use that address and it doesn't really matter who sees it. They will get your packages for you and then send them to you.

Ah! I'm sorry, I didn't realize it'd been answered already. I saw it touched on but wasn't 100% sure if there was a way or if it just wasn't recommended.

What is the name of the mail forwarding service you use?

I wasn't aware of Delivery Codes, might be worth the extra fee.

Thanks for the answers!

FiftiesWife said:
KayleePond said:
SaffronBurke said:
FiftiesWife said:

Your options are:

Ah! I'm sorry, I didn't realize it'd been answered already. I saw it touched on but wasn't 100% sure if there was a way or if it just wasn't recommended.

What is the name of the mail forwarding service you use?

I wasn't aware of Delivery Codes, might be worth the extra fee.

Thanks for the answers!

No worries at all!

Here's a thread all about it! If you search "Mail Forwarding Service" you'll see a TON of threads about this topic! :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Also, if you are accepting giftcards use a specific email and filter it to only receive messages from the sites you are requesting giftcards from. All others go into junk or another folder. This way you can avoid annoying emails and avoid fake emails.
Although keep in mind it IS possible to spoof where an email is coming from.

Hey I was wondering if there has been a thread made for ideas on what to put on a wishlist... Like is there anything that is rude or unprofessional to put on a list. Where do some of you get these costume ideas from? Do you organise your list in a certain way? How many people purchase things from your list on average? I'm just creative and still new to the experimenting part of sex in general. I've tried so many things that I found out that I enjoy just because people were kind enough to buy me certain things off my list. So I just never know what to put on there.

I read over this topic earlier, but I can't remember everything since it was a few hours ago. So, I'm just going to share my thoughts on it.

- A lot of times models will use a delivery service so that items don't go directly to them from the original carrier.

- When I send something tangible to a model, such as a video game, I usually mail them the tracking number once I have it.

- Sometimes models haven't had their account set up properly for third party vendors on Amazon, so even though I told them I was going to send them something, I actually couldn't. I always inform them of this though, and try to adjust the gifting so they still get something comparable..

- It is best to redeem a gift card code right away. I sent out three gift cards last month, and only one has been redeemed so far. I don't want to cancel them, but there's no sense in leaving them active if they're not going to be redeemed. I will most likely send a notice to the models and ask them to redeem the gift. In addition, redeeming the balance to their account wouldn't mean they would have to use it right away. It would just move the balance to their account instead of having it hanging in limbo.

- Also, please don't dis someone before you know if they sent the said items or not. I had one model do this to me recently, even though the items are still in route and will be there Monday. However, she questioned my sincerity and I can honestly say I am no longer comfortable visiting her room, but I still hope she enjoys the gifts.

- Sometimes I also suggest an item to a model to add to her wishlist., so I can send it along with another items she wants. I do this in order to personalize it just a bit more so it's more memorable. Not all the time though. It really just depends on the model.

- Gratitude goes a long way. It really makes me smile when I open an MFC mail, even if it's just to say the item was received and a quick thanks. Bonus points for showing the item(s) on cam.

IMO, the whole Amazon thing can work out very well, and it's nice to be able to send gifts this way, especially since money stretches further without MFC having to take a cut for token purchases, and the model gets something she's interested in.

Reactions: Teagan
- It is best to redeem a gift card code right away. I sent out three gift cards last month, and only one has been redeemed so far. I don't want to cancel them, but there's no sense in leaving them active if they're not going to be redeemed. I will most likely send a notice to the models and ask them to redeem the gift. In addition, redeeming the balance to their account wouldn't mean they would have to use it right away. It would just move the balance to their account instead of having it hanging in limbo.

The bolded part above is absolutely silly*. And if you ask Amazon to cancel giftcards that you've purchased more than once, you could potentially put a flag on your account that could make them shut down your account or stop allowing you to buy GCs.

*THE REASON THAT IT'S SILLY (before you get offended): A person will always redeem the GC. It's similar to having a $100 bill. She's not going to use it to light a fire. DUH. Don't penalize her for just not spending it immediately. There might be a very good reason why she hasn't redeemed it yet. Quite a few models receive giftcards from people that we don't know very well. These giftcards COULD be legit, but they COULD be from one of the guys who cancels them after sending. This is why we always tell models that gift cards can be cancelled, EVEN AFTER THEY'RE REDEEMED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, so they need to actually purchase something with the funds so that the member can't cancel it.

This being said, if you are a trusted regular in my room (for example), and you send me a $1000 gift card, I will wait to redeem it for a while. It'll give me plenty of time to decide what big purchases I want to make. AND if I get a $50 giftcard from RandomJoe, I can redeem his immediately and spend it on something smaller (like shoes). BUT if I had already redeemed yours, I'd have a $1000 balance, and his would just be added to that balance. So even if I buy those shoes, he still might be able to cancel his GC (because to Amazon, maybe the shoes came out of the $1k balance and NOT out of his $50). The reason she hasn't redeemed it yet could be because she trusts you. Don't penalize her for that trust. Telling her that she needs to "do it immediately" would probably make her feel weird about it. Besides, it's not like a check that you're waiting for her to cash cause you need to balance your checkbook. You've already paid for it, so the ball is in her court.

ALSO if a customer is "buying" you something from wishlist, it is enough to put the item in their cart, and then it is going to be marked as "purchased" even though it wasn't. So, I'd stick with the gift cards to avoid scam and protect my privacy.

ALSO if a customer is "buying" you something from wishlist, it is enough to put the item in their cart, and then it is going to be marked as "purchased" even though it wasn't. So, I'd stick with the gift cards to avoid scam and protect my privacy.
I rarely accept GC's only from the regs I trust. I only take presents on WL as presents.They are simply gifts to better help me shows and please whomever is purchasing them for me. Like I have some costumes that some people want to see me in and do an entire show in. They have to purchase the clothing and maybe even materials for me to even think about doing that show.
Or as an example, a lot of people think I look better and sexier in lace and lingerie which I know also doesn't work a lot of the time. Because they prefer to see me in lingerie I put up lots of types of additives to my lingerie collection to help give them plenty of options for gifts.
I will never accept amazon as a payment method for a certain show. That is the only way I truly keep myself out of a scam.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
*THE REASON THAT IT'S SILLY (before you get offended): A person will always redeem the GC. It's similar to having a $100 bill. She's not going to use it to light a fire. DUH. Don't penalize her for just not spending it immediately. There might be a very good reason why she hasn't redeemed it yet. Quite a few models receive giftcards from people that we don't know very well. These giftcards COULD be legit, but they COULD be from one of the guys who cancels them after sending. This is why we always tell models that gift cards can be cancelled, EVEN AFTER THEY'RE REDEEMED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, so they need to actually purchase something with the funds so that the member can't cancel it.

Thanks for clarifying and I wasn't aware that the balance could be cancelled after the card is redeemed. Anyway, it wasn't an attempt to pull the rug out from anybody's feet, so I'm glad you shared what you did. Thanks. :)

THIS. My birthday is coming up and I noticed my pretty please list had gone down in numbers, I had it show me 'purchased', and a bunch of stuff was there! No one has PM or emailed me requesting anything in exchange for gifts, and it's been about a week. I did some googling and couldn't find the answer; is there a way to differentiate between something that's just in a cart or something that's on its way? Other than just waiting to see? If those things haven't actually been bought for me I want to put them back on.

Personally, for me, I am weary of Amazon bc they can share your town and stuff. Also they are not sex worker friendly. So I use Delivery Code.

I know some men may see it as a hassle, however I would rather be safe then sorry as far as my exact location goes.

I guess since I am new to this I am pampered by having access to a wishlist service that is sex worker friendly and hides your address, or at least I feel that way.

Hey I was wondering if there has been a thread made for ideas on what to put on a wishlist... Like is there anything that is rude or unprofessional to put on a list. Where do some of you get these costume ideas from? Do you organise your list in a certain way? How many people purchase things from your list on average? I'm just creative and still new to the experimenting part of sex in general. I've tried so many things that I found out that I enjoy just because people were kind enough to buy me certain things off my list. So I just never know what to put on there.

I've seen almost everything on wishlists from dog treats to full furniture sets. I think it comes down to what kind of persona you put out online as to whats appropriate. Also, I've seen a lot of basic organization of wishlists, some girls just leave it all in one folder, but the more interesting lists are more of a compilation? Also helps the members find what they're looking for if they've got a specific kind of gift in mind (sexy, silly, school stuff, under $20..). I usually organize by price, but if something big is happening in my life (or even if I just feel like it lolol) I'll completely rearrange it. I went from like 6 very organized folders to "TOO MUCH MOVING >.<" "gift cards" and "sexy things" because I was moving around so much I had to take down the wishlists with big stuff. Tbh most members didn't notice but the ones that did thought it was hilarious, complimented me on my wishlist, and sent me a gift or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.