AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

amazon wishlist

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to edit this in, but I was a little late >.<. Here's my edit:

I was unaware of your situation, so I never could have really give a definite judgement :p (hence the 'if' scenarios I proposed.)

I think it's a great idea that you're capitalizing on the cheapasses who wouldn't have spent on models anyway - it's an effective way of getting additional income. I'm not too sure how significant the changes in cam-score will be, but I don't think it'll be that high because those who spend a lot on models would probably opt for using tokens instead of wish-lists anyway.

Oops, it looks like I've missed a post when I wrote the one above. I should check the threads more carefully next time. Here's my response to your latest post, Lily:

I'm sorry I'm not as clear as I could be. Indeed, they can't get to your address/name because they can't know what you've bought with the code - Amazon isn't going to tell them simply because they didn't buy the items, you did.

Reactions: LilyMarie
The person sending an Amazon Gift Card Code does not see the name or account of who redeemed it. I've tested it. ;)

Reactions: SweetGeekGirl
I usually open gifts on cam. I get between 3-4 a month. I offer incentives and trades. The best of which is if they buys me toys--I make a video and send them a copy. I then in turn get to sell the video and i have a new toy for shows! :D

but I have gotten nice jewelry, a pole, laptops, toys, a bedframe, hell even a dishwasher! the act of giving is a more personal one than the tipping part is--you have to tip a lot more than if you sent gifts. It also creates a friendly competition in the room. Many of my fans out-do each other for the month's end title of "gift chicken"

LilyMarie said:
Jupiter551 said:
My impression of Germany was that kinky sex was so normal there that they virtually give away dildos in cereal boxes :think:
:lol: I wish they would.
Or... no. That would be too weird.

- When I'm using a gift code that was sent to me via e-mail, there's no way the other person can see my address/name/city, right? I'm about to order, and right now I'm being paranoid again. :|

I haven't finished reading, but I had to respond to this:

When you log in, go to "gift cards" and redeem the card. Voila! The money is in your account, with no way for them to see what you bought with it because you've already redeemed it for store credit!

But even without using that, they don't see your address, or even what items you purchased with it.

I saw a model yesterday (of course, now I can't remember who) that had a wishlist entry with a bunch of items like normal, but then left the address blank with a note in the "About me" section about what email address to send a gift card with the appropriate amount to. That way she could ask for specific things, but have the anonymity of the gift card. I don't know if that would actually work, but it seemed like a clever solution.

When I first started MFC, I did mention it a lot more b/c it had a LOT of the essential toys I use almost every show now on it, but i didn't have the money to buy at the time. So, I bargained people to get them for me (which I felt was a gain to my camming b/c I would use them regularly) by offering videos, skypes, etc for gifts. Now that I can afford things on my own and don't really necessarily need anything else, it's different.

I have a wishlist and plenty has been bought off of it but it's known that generally getting me something on my wishlist doesn't get you much anymore. I don't use it as buying power now, & so generally just members i am close with buy me stuff off of it. I try to reward the member based on what you buy, from a personalized photo or two (or three! lol) to maybe a video if it's big enough. Some purchases just get OMFG you ROCK MY FUCKING SOCKS messages. I've advertised my wishlist most now b/c my bday is around the corner, but usually now-a-days I don't even mention it.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Jupiter551 said:
danavixen said:
I usually open gifts on cam
[...]
hell even a dishwasher!
You opened a dishwasher on cam?? :lol:

I hope so. That's super-awesome.

From now on, I've got a new plan. If anybody gets me a dishwasher, I solemnly swear I will open it on cam. Hell, that goes for any awkwardly-sized difficult-to-open items :lol:

*pictures waking up to four dishwashers on front porch*

:shock:

Reactions: DrRex and LilyMarie
I'm making an amazon wishlist at the moment.
A 'safe' one - just so people can see what I'd like to have and send gift cards to my e-mail address. I wasn't going to enter my address anywhere.

Under 'Ship-to address' it says: Items purchased directly from this Wish List by friends and family can be shipped to the address you indicate below.
This address is confidential and will not be seen by anyone purchasing a gift for you.

This still doesn't mean anything, does it? :roll:
People can still see your full name and city when you enter your address, right? Or has Amazon actually started hiding the address from wishlists? Now that would be awesome and it would mean I could just enter my address..

LilyMarie said:
A 'safe' one - just so people can see what I'd like to have and send gift cards to my e-mail address. I wasn't going to enter my address anywhere.

Under 'Ship-to address' it says: Items purchased directly from this Wish List by friends and family can be shipped to the address you indicate below.
This address is confidential and will not be seen by anyone purchasing a gift for you.

People can still see your full name and city when you enter your address, right? Or has Amazon actually started hiding the address from wishlists? Now that would be awesome and it would mean I could just enter my address..

I don't know whether there's a way to hide it but whenever I've used a wishlist there's always been their name (though there's nothing to stop you from giving a fake name I guess) and the city (which would have to be real if you want the items to be sent to you).

mynameisbob84 said:
I don't know whether there's a way to hide it but whenever I've used a wishlist there's always been their name (though there's nothing to stop you from giving a fake name I guess) and the city (which would have to be real if you want the items to be sent to you).

Okay, thanks. I thought it would be like this.
Very misleading, though. "This address is confidential and will not be seen by anyone purchasing a gift for you." They should replace "This address" with "Your street and ZIP code" because your name and city are not confidential. :roll:

inkydoo said:
I saw a model yesterday (of course, now I can't remember who) that had a wishlist entry with a bunch of items like normal, but then left the address blank with a note in the "About me" section about what email address to send a gift card with the appropriate amount to. That way she could ask for specific things, but have the anonymity of the gift card. I don't know if that would actually work, but it seemed like a clever solution.

I think that's a good compromise between fun and safety for those who want to do wishlists (and members who want to give gifts). I also noticed that Amazon has a thing where the person sending the e gift card can recommend a particular item to buy with the gift card. It's not a requirement and the person has no way of knowing if the gift card is used that way, but I think it's a neat feature.

Or you could maybe put "ask me about my wishlist" or something to that effect in your profile. If it's a regular or someone you trust, link 'em to your wishlist. If it's someone you don't really know or someone you wouldn't be comfortable with knowing your name and state, tell 'em to go fuck themselves (or politely explain that you only give your wishlist to certain trusted regulars... either/or really :-D)

LilyMarie said:

I'd go with your original idea of just making a "safe" wishlist and not entering your address anywhere. I think that's the better route to take, because it's not worth the risk when it comes to your personal info, in my opinion. I know of a cam girl who had to move because her internet stalker announced her personal info aloud, and since then she had been getting lots of anonymous phone calls and mails to her home. :(

inkydoo said:

I think this is a GREAT way to go about it. Good for her. :thumbleft:

I just think it's horrible that it says "This address is confidential" etc. on the site, because it's a plain lie. Who knows how many camgirls have already entered their real address and not taken a look at their wishlist from an outsider's perspective and didn't even know that members could see their name and city?
And if you know a person's name and city, sometimes it's real easy to find out their address.

Also, I've heard that edenfantasys hides your address on wishlists completely.

I just remembered that the MFC model MissLovesYou had this really awesome contest going where she was gonna raid a model's wish list. You had to tip her 50 tokens I believe, to cast your vote for a model, and when the contest was over, I think the 3 models who had the most votes would have their wish lists raided. :) I thought that's really sweet of her, and I'm curious who ended up winning that contest (I don't do wish lists).

JickyJuly said:
Does anyone else creep wishlists for fun? I think it's one of my favorite in a bad mood hobbies. :lol:

I love seeing what people want.

JickyJuly said:
Does anyone else creep wishlists for fun? I think it's one of my favorite in a bad mood hobbies. :lol:
Oh man
I could this for hours.

I also enjoy seeing what has already been purchased from girls wishlists ;)

Here's a security-related question.

I have a wishlist with items on it, but I haven't entered an address. That way people can simply send me a gift card with the appropriate amount if they want me to have one of the items on the list.

But of course I'd prefer having a 'real' wishlist - you know, so that people can actually have things sent to me, rather than giving me a gift card so that I can buy something on my own.

Just now, I just found this option while editing my Amazon wishlist.

http://i.imgur.com/P2icQ.png

Does anyone know how safe this is?
If I untick the box, is there still a way for people to be informed of my address if they purchase something off my wishlist from a 3rd party seller that's not Amazon?

LilyMarie said:

I have a wishlist with items on it, but I haven't entered an address. That way people can simply send me a gift card with the appropriate amount if they want me to have one of the items on the list.

But of course I'd prefer having a 'real' wishlist - you know, so that people can actually have things sent to me, rather than giving me a gift card so that I can buy something on my own.

If I untick the box, is there still a way for people to be informed of my address if they purchase something off my wishlist from a 3rd party seller that's not Amazon?

Those third party sellers and shippers may share your address.

LilyMarie said:

Yes, people can still get the address. I'm positive a few people who sent me wishlist items (back when I had one) got my full shipping address, or at least part of it via shipping/delivery confirmation/tracking.

I think you're going about it a very safe and smart way with the gift cards.

Reactions: 1 person
Aww. :|
But, but... it says "Yes, let Amazon.com share my wish list shipping address with third-party merchants"... If I don't tick that box, they won't give my address to those merchants in the first place, will they?..
Or.. is there a way for me to see which products are being sold my third-party merchants, so that I just don't put them on my wishlist?

I'm really sorry I'm being so stubborn about this, it's just, sometimes people are asking me if I have a wishlist. I've gotten giftcards before but I'm so in love with the idea of something I didn't order arriving on my doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.