AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2020
Ok.….im having a little trouble with amazon...
1: How do I start an amazon wishlist where my followers on chaturbate can purchase the things on my list for me? Without viewing my mailing address...
And How can I get a clickable link to my amazon wishlist on my bio?

Reactions: ava1992
I do believe your mailing city is visible but sometimes the buyer is able to contact the seller and get the address, or in some cases track the package. You can also have it sent to a PO box next two towns over.

If you are really concern about privacy and don't want to chance it, have a link accepting gift cards IMO. Buy that stuff yourself.

Ever.

To the person whose post I deleted, maybe contact that model and tell them to stop giving out risky advice.

Just thinking of those stories of sellers accidentally giving the purchaser details. Or amazon shipping giving the purchasers GPS on the package.

Just thinking of those stories of sellers accidentally giving the purchaser details. Or amazon shipping giving the purchasers GPS on the package.
Even items sold directly my Amazon aren’t safe. So that whole “just restrict your wish list to no 3rd party sellers” does NOT WORK.

Even if that almost worked, it’s always been the case that customers, once they’ve added some things from your wish list to their cart, can add whatever item they like to the order that’s shipping to you, which in essence treats it like a third-party order and gives out more information than you should be comfortable with.

Specially right now I’m seeing a lot of stores on amazon skipping the Prime service so they can speed up the shipping, which means stores are going to do the 3rd party thing that can possibly show a model’s address to a customer.

ok i'm so confused and reading lots of advice about wishlists etc. can you use your address even if you are using a cam email and only accepting e-giftcards? also has anyone used other sites for egiftcards like netaporter etc? I don't always like stuff on amazon. also wondering about safety precautions with even using a cam specific email... haven't found anything on how to make sure it's extra safe with google. especially considering google has on file my other accounts.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering the same thing! Is it rude to ask a guest to just tip you the amount of the item in tokens so you can buy it yourself? That's usually what I do when someone asks if I have a "wish-list"
but it hasn't gotten the best responses.

I'm honest and really would buy the item, but I can understand why some people would think it sounds weird. I just don't even want them knowing my city, lol.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

:h:

ok i'm so confused and reading lots of advice about wishlists etc. can you use your address even if you are using a cam email and only accepting e-giftcards? also has anyone used other sites for egiftcards like netaporter etc? I don't always like stuff on amazon. also wondering about safety precautions with even using a cam specific email... haven't found anything on how to make sure it's extra safe with google. especially considering google has on file my other accounts.

Do you need to use an address for that? If it's only e-giftcards I'd just put a fake name/address

Reactions: SaffronBurke
On amazon, the way is to make a public list : name and addresses are hidden, even your mail is hidden as far you don't tell it directly to customers.
You can also make do it on a special Amazon account without giving any part of your real identity.

They can't send you any gift, but only gift card, with a message like 'this is for this or that...'. Once gift card received by mail, you validate it on your regular account and buy absolutely what you want from the site, the customer won't see anything of your privacy.

And yes, use a specific email like a gmail : you access it from web so your ip remains hidden.
edit : one precision, your ip is normally given in any email you send via a client app, no risk when you just receive a mail.
So, the best is to not use any email client other than a web client, to discuss with your customers, even to thank them :/

You can also consider ie a wish list at lovense, they keep your privacy safe and send you the product chosen by customer.

On amazon, the way is to make a public list : name and addresses are hidden, even your mail is hidden as far you don't tell it directly to customers.
You can also make do it on a special Amazon account without giving any part of your real identity.

They can't send you any gift, but only gift card, with a message like 'this is for this or that...'. Once gift card received by mail, you validate it on your regular account and buy absolutely what you want from the site, the customer won't see anything of your privacy.

And yes, use a specific email like a gmail : you access it from web so your ip remains hidden.
edit : one precision, your ip is normally given in any email you send via a client app, no risk when you just receive a mail.
So, the best is to not use any email client other than a web client, to discuss with your customers, even to thank them :/

You can also consider ie a wish list at lovense, they keep your privacy safe and send you the product chosen by customer.
If you have a list, and your actual address is on the account, what is to stop people from actually buying the items and having them sent to you? And as a result, the customer likely finding the mailing address along the way (just because it's hidden on the list does not mean it won't be displayed to the customer in other ways.)

Better to do it this way,
Hi everyone,

I was wondering the same thing! Is it rude to ask a guest to just tip you the amount of the item in tokens so you can buy it yourself? That's usually what I do when someone asks if I have a "wish-list"
but it hasn't gotten the best responses.

I'm honest and really would buy the item, but I can understand why some people would think it sounds weird. I just don't even want them knowing my city, lol.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

:h:

or just have an email to have members send digital gift cards to without having a wishlist AT ALL.

with amazon giftcards the person gifting only needs an email address, or they just sent you the code. i have had members purchase a physical visa gift card and i load the amount on my personal paypal. i have also gotten egift cards for ulta and steam. like amazon they only needed my email address. no other information.

note: never accept giftcards as payment for content or shows.

If you have a list, and your actual address is on the account, what is to stop people from actually buying the items and having them sent to you?
the site actually stop people from sending gifts on public lists :
An Amazon wish list can be set or 'private' or 'public'.
On a public ones privacy is respected. They just can't have any information from you, just have an idea of how expensive are your tastes & wishes.
So, they can only send gift cards anyway

(but OK, having a list is not mandatory and can be headlock to check if you've done no error concerning your privacy)

the site actually stop people from sending gifts on public lists :
An Amazon wish list can be set or 'private' or 'public'.
On a public ones privacy is respected. They just can't have any information from you, just have an idea of how expensive are your tastes & wishes.
So, they can only send gift cards anyway

(but OK, having a list is not mandatory and can be headlock to check if you've done no error concerning your privacy)
I'm sorry, I must be misunderstanding something, but how does what you said make any sense?

"On a public list, privacy is respected". - this does not compute.

"On a public list, privacy is respected". - this does not compute.
I got you... their vocabulary is to understand like this :
they call 'public' lists that *can be published* => private infos are hidden...
they call 'private' lists that you share only with your friends/familly => private infos can be seen and used to send gifts

this is my public wishlist
you can only guess my country from the amazon site used :/

I got you... their vocabulary is to understand like this :
they call 'public' lists that *can be published* => private infos are hidden...
they call 'private' lists that you share only with your friends/familly => private infos can be seen and used to send gifts

this is my public wishlist
you can only guess my country from the amazon site used :/

It has been a lot of years, but I had a public Amazon wishlist. People COULD purchase items on it and they were sent to me. In one instance, the mailing address WAS displayed to the customer via the delivery service's tracking site. Luckily it was just a remotely located UPS box, but it proved that having an Amazon Wishlist with my address hidden was NOT secure.

Thus, I recommend nobody use one unless they're OK with their mailing address likely being discovered by someone sending them a gift.

Reactions: Rose and diney_
Reactions: Rose
ok, ok - A long time I didn't watched this list's params
'Public' is not enough, your answer is just : and don't put any delivery address in the list management params :/

(or you opted to have a postal box and can put it there)
so OK, it's a bit complicated to be sure of how it works and to check it... better to not use it ^^

I have a separate throw away account for my Amazon wishlist. It's a throw away email and there is no card or address or real name attached, so even if people were to add the gifts into their carts, there would be no place for the gifts to go. They can look at the physical presents and see the prices - but then I ask for them to send me an E-gift card for the proper amount, plus a few extra bucks in case of shipping. Once I get the gift card in my email, I apply it to a Real Amazon account, buy the gift for myself, and wait for it to come to me.

For now, it's the method that works best for me, and I think it's the safest I can make it while still receiving gift cards. But no method is absolutely fool-proof and as companies constantly change their privacy policies, I'm constantly prepared in the back of my head for a TOS update that might throw a wrench in my plans, like if they suddenly demand info attached to accounts, etc.

I have a separate throw away account for my Amazon wishlist. It's a throw away email and there is no card or address or real name attached, so even if people were to add the gifts into their carts, there would be no place for the gifts to go. They can look at the physical presents and see the prices - but then I ask for them to send me an E-gift card for the proper amount, plus a few extra bucks in case of shipping. Once I get the gift card in my email, I apply it to a Real Amazon account, buy the gift for myself, and wait for it to come to me.

For now, it's the method that works best for me, and I think it's the safest I can make it while still receiving gift cards. But no method is absolutely fool-proof and as companies constantly change their privacy policies, I'm constantly prepared in the back of my head for a TOS update that might throw a wrench in my plans, like if they suddenly demand info attached to accounts, etc.
Yes this is the best plan if you'd like to have items viewable for members to put a gift card toward.

'Public' is not enough, your answer is just : and don't put any delivery address in the list management params :/
Yep.

Would a P. O. Box have the same level of risk?
The address can still be discovered, of course.

Also, don't use a USPS PO box, use UPS. USPS is public, UPS is private. Less likely for someone to be able to find out the name of the box holder.

The address can still be discovered, of course.

Also, don't use a USPS PO box, use UPS. USPS is public, UPS is private. Less likely for someone to be able to find out the name of the box holder.
That makes sense.

Off topic, but I'm super impressed both by this site's design and execution and your diligent involvement. It is hands down the best user experience I've ever had with a forum site. Especially on mobile.

Kudos.

That makes sense.

Off topic, but I'm super impressed both by this site's design and execution and your diligent involvement. It is hands down the best user experience I've ever had with a forum site. Especially on mobile.

Kudos.

ok this a great idea since I would want people to still see whats on my wish-list and to send me ideas. definitely still makes me nervous since anything can change on the internet but this is likely the route I will take.

i have also gotten egift cards for ulta and steam. like amazon they only needed my email address. no other information.

also seems like lots of sites offer e-giftcards which is good since i don't want to rely on amazon either. I will just have to make sure they don't send a receipt with my personal info to the sender. i'm assuming ulta and steam don't? curious if anyone has experiences with other sites/egiftcards too.

I love me some gift cards in exchange for customs videos.😅
I use that shit for groceries immediately.

Fans can buy physical gift cards in store, send them to you, or just give you the codes. You just cannot let them sit or they can be refunded-taken back-whatever. It is risky if you dawdle, but it pays for dog food and non perishables so it works for me.

Amazon is a risky beast. @AmberCutie advice is solid and should be followed, but @paige_orion ‘s decoy idea is hella crafty. If you want a wishlist dupe, set up a fake list with no address and go that route. Alternatively, my favorite is to just have the person send me gift cards with links for items they wanted to buy for me. Almost always ends up with extra on the side for me to buy groceries or whatever I choose myself. My preferred method is to accept gift cards, buy myself the thing immediately, then tweet that so and so bought it when it arrives- because technically they did.💁‍♀️

other companies that offer gift cards do not necessarily follow the same system as amazon. If you accept those gift cards, you run the risk of cancellations or orders you placed being cancelled due to possible charge backs on said gift cards. I would urge gift cards for other sources ONLY be used strictly as gifts. I have done this in the past with LUSH and Julep gift cards- strictly gifts only. Once an amazon gift card has been used to make a purchase it can’t be cancelled so far as I am aware. I have no clue if other gift cards operate similarly, though I’ve not run into this problem when accepting pizza gift cards for places like Domino’s.

Sorry to hijack but I have a simply/quick question regarding Amazon Giftcards, and it's not worth a whole topic for it:

If I buy a model a gift card on amazon.co.uk will she be able to redeem it on .com and other variations/countries? And vice versa, if I buy it from .com can she redeem it using .co.uk or any other country URL she is in?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Ignore this, I just looked on the Giftcard description and it clearly states:

Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards can only be redeemed on Amazon.co.uk. To redeem on other Amazon websites, you can purchase gift cards on the respective sites.

Reactions: diney_
Status
Not open for further replies.