AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amber's Home Improvements

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
A few weeks ago, Jawbs and I started putting more effort into fixing up a few things around our home that needed some work for quite a while. We started with fixing some major leaks between the roof and our back porch patio cover. When it would rain, we couldn't go out on our back patio without getting drenched, even though we had a patio cover that was supposed to prevent that. Well, now we can!

Then we realized the awful condition our patio cover itself was in. Peeling paint isn't cute. It looked like the previous owners of this house had tried slapping a few coats of paint (different shades of dull white) onto the beams over the years.

The first step was me powerwashing the hell out of it. These images were taken once I was done with the hose.

1MxTvl.jpg

Z6Rqwl.jpg

A few days later, Jawbs and our friend and I got to work on the paint. Spray painting the underside of the metal roof was the most tedious, but was well worth the pain. Scrubbing all of the paint off of myself was quite a task. I may have ruined one of my pairs of eyeglasses, too. But oh well, I think it looks pretty marvelous now!

Xljjhl.jpg

lXCX4l.jpg

jyChsl.jpg

The week following, we had some electrical work done out there so our lights actually worked properly, and also installed some low voltage lighting along our back planter bed. It was apparent that this back planter bed needed some TLC. Here are some images of it (with the low voltage lights installed) before we gave it some green lovin'.

wWuo4l.jpg

Icmiyl.jpg

So this weekend I endured a crazy allergy attack (I swear I'm not meant to be outdoors, grr!) whilst grabbing a ton of new plants to fill this space. I think I got around 25 or 30 Agapanthus (white, blue and Peter Pan) and 3 flats of Dichondra to try and spread some green amongst all the dirt. We also yanked out the dead-as-fuck tree trunk from the middle and replaced it with a little apple tree. It's so cute!

1rtsTl.jpg

InEL0l.jpg

vcc9Vl.jpg

d7s7fl.jpg

I'm so proud of the improvements we've made. Now keep your fingers crossed that our plants actually grow! We don't have a whole lot of luck in the plant department, but I'm hoping that will change now. We have a little more work to do back here, but it's looking so much better already.

I hope you enjoyed my before and after pics!

Looks gorgeous! So rewarding too isnt it! Weve been working on our little fixer upper too and dreaming of a year round pool hmmmmm

Looking great. The Agapanthus are tough as old boots and really enjoy a lot of sunshine and doesn't need much water. On the other hand the Dichondra does like a drink and are pretty tough too.

That looks awesome! :D We just did some home improvements too and I love home projects. Can't wait to see what it looks like if/when the plants start growing. *high fives*

open tree pls bb

Nice work. Hope you can you write that off as a business expense if it appears in your patio shows.

Here's the final step of our backyard project. Fake grass and rocks. :)

7H5I0l.jpg

ucS0ql.jpg

(It was all just dirt before, as you can see a little bit in one of the pics in the OP.)

Status
Not open for further replies.