AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Announcing MFC Assistant!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for Firefox users! I spent a few hours today learning how to port the assistant over to Firefox and it turned out to be far simpler than I expected. Right now I'm waiting for it to pass the mozilla reviewers. Once it does, I'll be back with a link to it!

yasss !!!!!

Reactions: Moros1138
  • Helpful!
Reactions: SavannahMay
so im not sure if they changed things or I'm just going crazy or what?

Definitely "or what" :p ... and i can't explain it, i just know what i found when i started searching for mfc, or camming in general, related extensions that were in the store to see if it was something google was letting in.

i'm a dummy. I remembered having to 'enable' developer mode in order to install the unpacked extension. That's all...

From what I've read in the lovense thread you were correct for earlier this year.
I dont see a post where they announced fixing the issue. (although it is certainly fixed) dev mode isn't mentioned in the lovense instructions anymore.

here's what they posted back then.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/lovense-problem.23961/#post-727728
lovense said:
The extension is not in the Google Chrome store anymore because a competitor told Google about it (they looked into it and deemed the content of the extension, "sexually explicit"). We tried speaking with Google, but their robotic replies didn't do anything. So now, you need to load the app in developer mode.

Dont be calling yourself names, you were more right than wrong. It was definitely worth mentioning.

sorry for contributing to keeping us off topic :)

YAY!!! OFF TOPIC! *throws lasso around the topic to bring it back on track*

OK, an update for Firefox users.. Unfortunately, the review process that Mozilla requires add-ons to go through before being listed on their Add on site has determined that it's best to leave the MFC Assistant add-on unlisted. They said it was because it's for a small audience that requires special credentials in order to use it.

I can't argue with their determination because their right. In order for them to fully review the add-on they would need access to the Model Web... I doubt that's happening anytime soon!! (at all?)

That said, they have said that I can still sign the add-on and distribute it myself. Which I plan to do! I just figured out how to do the Automatic Update portion of it. I'll be experimenting a bit more. Once I have all the details worked out, I'll roll it out!

Spread the word... Winter is... errr I mean, Firefox is coming!

You seem to be putting a lot of effort into this Moros, it's free right? what's the end goal with it? I assume you want some personal gain for the hours you're doing.

You seem to be putting a lot of effort into this
Yes, I am putting a lot of effort into this.

it's free right?
Yes, it is free!

what's the end goal with it? I assume you want some personal gain for the hours you're doing.

It's all apart of my 10 steps to World Domination and now that you know I'm going to have to kill you. But not too quickly. I need to give your friends a chance to rescue you and thwart my plans.

I have many friends who are models on MFC and if there's one thing I learned about the model community in general it is that you get out of the community what you put into it. I'm not a rich man. I can't spoil models with lavish gifts and large tips so I support them using the methods I have available to me. While I do not ask for anything in return, I have learned that most models tend to invest their time, energy, and trust into those who make a concerted effort to contribute to their success!

You seem to be putting a lot of effort into this Moros, it's free right? what's the end goal with it? I assume you want some personal gain for the hours you're doing.

Yes, it is free!

It's all apart of my 10 steps to World Domination and now that you know I'm going to have to kill you. But not too quickly. I need to give your friends a chance to rescue you and thwart my plans.

I have many friends who are models on MFC and if there's one thing I learned about the model community in general it is that you get out of the community what you put into it. I'm not a rich man. I can't spoil models with lavish gifts and large tips so I support them using the methods I have available to me. While I do not ask for anything in return, I have learned that most models tend to invest their time, energy, and trust into those who make a concerted effort to contribute to their success!

He really is a great guy and has helped me a few times with editing things :cat:

Hello Everybody,

The MFC Assistant is ready for another round of testing!

You can read the details of the test on my blog:

https://www.moros1138.com/more-testing-11-14/

Basically, we're going to test all of the features the Assistant already has, plus a few new features. The new features of note are the Message Carousel and a re-integration of the Member's site module.

The Message Carousel

Here’s how it works.
  • You add messages (from your Saved/Timed Messages) to the carousel’s list
  • You set a delay (say 5 minutes)
  • You hit the start button
The carousel will then post the first message from the list, then wait 5 minutes and post the next message and so on until it reaches the end. Then it starts back over at the beginning of the list until you stop the carousel.

The Member's Site Module

The Member's Site module allows models to use the Assistant in their own rooms, when they're not broadcasting (via the Member's site). This will be useful for running long term games or keeping messages visible in your room while you're not "online"

This feature is paving the way for an idea I have to help automate content delivery! But that's a subject for a future discussion.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you find it useful!

-Moros

Yes, it is free!

Thank you VERY much!

Hello Everybody,

I wanted to let you all know that I'm in the midst of a major rewrite that's going to make my life easier going forward. In the meantime, version 1.0.12 is available for Chrome and Firefox, you can find it on my site:

https://www.moros1138.com/myfreecams-assistant/

There are a few known issues that will be fixed in the upcoming 1.0.13 version. These issues are:

• The mfcA needs to be fully installed and enabled before you go to the MFC Model Web. If you are on the MFC Model Web before you have installed and/or enabled the mfcA extension, the script which allows for the mfcA to capture chat messages and tips won't be loaded. To fix this, simply refresh the entire Model Web page. This issue also affects those who disable the mfcA extension and enable it after the Model Web has been loaded. It's the same problem with the same solution.
  • When mfcA sends a message, automated or otherwise, it erases any message you might have been authoring at the time from inside the Model Web chat.
  • When you use the @ character, it splits the message at that point. I'm still figuring out why this is happening, but in the meantime try to avoid using it in your saved/timed messages.
That's all for now. I hope you're enjoying it! Oh, and for those hailing from, or celebrating the traditions of, the U.S.A.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'm thankful for a lot of things. I'll stick to my online world for the moment and say that I'm very thankful to have met and befriended my business partner @Miss_Lollipop. We have been able to do awesome things together that I doubt either of us would have done on our own. I'm thankful for those in the industry who have taken the time to get to know me and letting me in. I've had the opportunity and absolute pleasure of working with a lot of very smart, very talented, and very awesome people.

Thank you all.

-Moros

Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to post in here that I am looking for models willing to test the latest beta build. If you're interested in testing it please shoot me a DM on twitter, or a PM here. I wanna get this version tested so I can push it on the Chrome Store.

Thanks for your time,

-Moros

Hello Everybody,

I'm here to tell you that I just released version 1.0.14 of the MFC Assistant. It should be available now from my site for both Chrome and Firefox. For the auto-updates it may take between 6 and 24 hours for it to update.

Here's the post on my blog about the latest version.
https://www.moros1138.com/mfc-assistant-version-1-0-14/

Don't know what the MFC Assistant is? Check out the page here:

https://www.moros1138.com/myfreecams-assistant/

If you have any questions about it you can ask here, pm me, or hit me up on twitter @Moros1138

I hope you're all having an awesome week and never forget; Winter is coming!

-Moros

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Hello Everybody,

Sorry for being away for so long. A relatively recent change in the way MFC's ModelWeb identifies the chatbox (what the MFC Assistant uses for all the chat functionality and tip notifications) caused the MFC Assistant to stop working! Well, IT'S BACK!!

Here's the blog post about the latest version, basically it's just a bug fix, there's no added features.

https://www.moros1138.com/mfc-assistant-version-1-0-15/

If you have any questions about it you can ask here, pm me, or hit me up on twitter @Moros1138

• Helpful!
Reactions: MissBlaire
Status
Not open for further replies.