AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Annoying things members do

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand the music thing. Music is a huge part of my room. It's not like an interactive thing it is just what enables me to be able to cam, it pumps me up in whatever way I need. It'd just be like someone coming in and telling me I should play spin the wheel or I should lose weight. Obviously this isn't the room for you and that's fine but then shut your face and leave.

If someone has a problem with my music (which is super rare because it seems like everyone loves classic rock) I offer to play one song at their request for a small token fee of 100 tokens. Either they pay up, I play the song and go back to my playlist after, or they get pissy and leave.

I've never had a complaint about my tunes, but i say "pay xx tks to request a song" in case they dont like what im playing

I find it annoying that members pm you after u clearly have in your topic "tip x tks to pm" and its just hey bb, where you're from? I leave mine open in case people want to talk about privates or skypes but they never had a problem tipping x tks to talk about it cuz you would need to cough up the tokens anyways for either show! LOL

The 10tk pkg is like $1.49, if you can't afford that, u can't afford to talk in pms... *now if your on my friends list, its a exception because you dont annoy me with hey bb, nice, my cock is hard*

Talk in the chatroom or just watch...I'm trying to have as much fun as you are, and I dont have the time to be drowned in pointless pms unless your on my friends list or tipped for it. Thank you! :thumbleft:

It happened again. In a room where the model is dancing in her underwear. Someone mentioned they were getting tired and were going to leave to play some Fallout: Las Vegas. So the topic of chat naturally migrated to games we were all currently playing.

Some new guy naturally pipes up at us talking about games when there's a hot chick dancing in her underwear. Only this time it happened to be a room of a model who's a gamer and regularly games on cam, talks about games, tweets about games...

It's annoying when someone tries to tell the room what they can and can't chat about. But this time it was funny.

Ruby619 said:
All sorts of great music in different genres, so why not be open minded right?

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Cause if I'm in a room and complaining about the music, I've probably heard the song 5 million times in that room.
Its not like I"m rejecting it cause I haven't heard it.

It would agree that it can be annoying when people complain about your music. And if they like you the music is part of you so they should learn to love it.
But to just pretend someone doesn't like oh say romanian rap because they aren't open minded enough is insulting. There are all kinds of music genres. I dont have to like all of them.

Angelbaby said:
I've never had a complaint about my tunes, but i say "pay xx tks to request a song" in case they dont like what im playing

yes, going to mention this.
Although I will note that while it can be fun, request a song can get rather eclectic which might turn off newcomers

Swarles123 said:
Ruby619 said:

Cause if I'm in a room and complaining about the music, I've probably heard the song 5 million times in that room.

It would agree that it can be annoying when people complain about your music. And if they like you the music is part of you so they should learn to love it.
But to just pretend someone doesn't like oh say romanian rap because they aren't open minded enough is insulting. There are all kinds of music genres. I dont have to like all of them.

The complaints that we get aren't from playing a song too frequently, though. It's people bitching about the song, or the artist, or the genre. I have pretty eclectic taste, so there's going to be stuff I play that everyone likes, and stuff that only a couple dudes like. But if I like a song enough to play it on cam, it's because I am very passionately into that song for whatever reason, and insulting that is just not cool.

There are some that I will likely never play because I know exactly what people will say about them, and I just don't want to deal with it. I have a few ICP songs in my collection. People seem to really HATE them, not because of them, but because some of their fans are raging assholes. Because the chances of people starting a stink about them are far higher than having fans watching who will appreciate it, I skip those songs or leave them out of playlists. And I shouldn't have to.

SweetSaffron said:
Swarles123 said:
Ruby619 said:

The complaints that we get aren't from playing a song too frequently, though. It's people bitching about the song, or the artist, or the genre. I have pretty eclectic taste, so there's going to be stuff I play that everyone likes, and stuff that only a couple dudes like. But if I like a song enough to play it on cam, it's because I am very passionately into that song for whatever reason, and insulting that is just not cool.

There are some that I will likely never play because I know exactly what people will say about them, and I just don't want to deal with it. I have a few ICP songs in my collection. People seem to really HATE them, not because of them, but because some of their fans are raging assholes. Because the chances of people starting a stink about them are far higher than having fans watching who will appreciate it, I skip those songs or leave them out of playlists. And I shouldn't have to.
I see a lot of models just make a rule. Don't like the song? 75 tokens to request your own. 500 tokens to stop playing someone else's request. Or some such variant. Stops the complainers pretty quick.

Asking a model to find out why another model banned you. Dude, I'm sorry you're feeling hurt, but it looks deliberate and I know I'd resent it if a model came to me on a guy's behalf to beg forgiveness. I'll run my room how I want, and I'll respect how another girl runs hers. Don't drag me into it. :?

This is going to be a annoying post. So I thought this was the appropriate thread as I am a member and I understand I maybe annoying to some people. I've been a active member on MFC for 2 years now. I have tipped and enjoyed a big chunk of the cam models on this thread. When I came to ACF, what I imagined was so off base than what I got. I have seen models personalities completely change here to when they are on cam. There are models here who I had much respect for which is now lost and I will no longer visit there rooms or tip them anymore (You don't need to say it, I already know you don't care, it won't make or break you). I now realize from a post I had made in a thread that didn't get the best of answers, that you all are entertainers and it was silly of me to think that some of you actually put on a genuine face while on cam. I've expressed the same opinions with many of you while on cam and I did not get even a fifth of the slander I got here. I actually got none. I got giggles and smiles and open minds to any opinions I had said. But here is a whole other world. With that said, I plan on staying here because there are people here that I actually enjoy there opinion and I still like to give mine. I intend on not joining in on hostile threads in the future. And I will no longer react to comments I do not agree with and are attacking. I will simply just ignore and move on to a thread that is more fun and positive. Which is good news to you and me. I have never joined a forum before, but I have learned a load of information on what to do in one in such a short amount of time. I do not want to bring anyone here down or feel any hostility against me so this is my last post where I will express my true feelings on a subject. I simply just want to come and hangout. I have already predicted that many of you are going to reply to this in a negative light and I do not blame you. But I had to get this off my chest because I am still seeing rude and unnecessary posts commenting on opinions I have had. And it has taken mental strength to walk away from. Whoo! I feel much better now.

Kudos in regards to models acting differently, it may not be ingenuine but rather when we are on cam, we don't want to debate and argue, whereas here we feel we can express our opinions without derailing our room. If someone on cam says something I disagree with, I might giggle and ignore it because I'm trying to maintain an upbeat, happy atmosphere and don't want to discuss heavy topics. I'm glad that on ACF I can "let my hair down" and talk with members & models just like I do with my friends in real life - openly and without trying to entertain them. I don't view either as more genuine than the other, just that on cam I try to make sure everyone has fun and here is for discussing and whatever else. Almost like when I'm camming, it's like hosting a party - trying to make everyone smile, make sure everyone's taken care of, not causing trouble. ACF is like a pub night with friends where you can shoot the shit and talk about whatever without trying to uphold the atmosphere.

I'm glad you've got a game plan to make ACF more enjoyable for you; there are threads and users I avoid as well to make it more fun, and I'm glad I did. The Internet should be fun :-D

Coming into a room and going on and on and on about their personal problems. I have sympathy but MFC is a place where everyone is trying to escape their own problems. So, please leave them at the door and try to enjoy your time with people like everyone else. If you're not in the mood to talk, then you don't have to talk. It's really that simple but asking for people to kill you or tell others that you're thinking about suicide is so wrong on many levels. Contact a Psychologist or Psychiatrist. No one in the room is there to be either of those. Please, take your depression seriously and get help. :(

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

AedanRayne said:
Coming into a room and going on and on and on about their personal problems. I have sympathy but MFC is a place where everyone is trying to escape their own problems. So, please leave them at the door and try to enjoy your time with people like everyone else. If you're not in the mood to talk, then you don't have to talk. It's really that simple but asking for people to kill you or tell others that you're thinking about suicide is so wrong on many levels. Contact a Psychologist or Psychiatrist. No one in the room is there to be either of those. Please, take your depression seriously and get help. :(

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Somewhat related ...

goldie53: you look ice as you alway do
goldie53: did you know i was in a cae accident
goldie53: you not concern
goldie53: thats fine
goldie53: fan i like you, but i don't think you understand life well

Nothing wrong with talking about personal things in PM if you and the model know each other well and she is cool with it, but begging for attention and sympathy in public (and shutting the room chatter down) is rather sad.

KudosKids said:
This is going to be a annoying post. So I thought this was the appropriate thread as I am a member and I understand I maybe annoying to some people. I've been a active member on MFC for 2 years now. I have tipped and enjoyed a big chunk of the cam models on this thread. When I came to ACF, what I imagined was so off base than what I got. I have seen models personalities completely change here to when they are on cam. There are models here who I had much respect for which is now lost and I will no longer visit there rooms or tip them anymore (You don't need to say it, I already know you don't care, it won't make or break you). I now realize from a post I had made in a thread that didn't get the best of answers, that you all are entertainers and it was silly of me to think that some of you actually put on a genuine face while on cam. I've expressed the same opinions with many of you while on cam and I did not get even a fifth of the slander I got here. I actually got none. I got giggles and smiles and open minds to any opinions I had said. But here is a whole other world. With that said, I plan on staying here because there are people here that I actually enjoy there opinion and I still like to give mine. I intend on not joining in on hostile threads in the future. And I will no longer react to comments I do not agree with and are attacking. I will simply just ignore and move on to a thread that is more fun and positive. Which is good news to you and me. I have never joined a forum before, but I have learned a load of information on what to do in one in such a short amount of time. I do not want to bring anyone here down or feel any hostility against me so this is my last post where I will express my true feelings on a subject. I simply just want to come and hangout. I have already predicted that many of you are going to reply to this in a negative light and I do not blame you. But I had to get this off my chest because I am still seeing rude and unnecessary posts commenting on opinions I have had. And it has taken mental strength to walk away from. Whoo! I feel much better now.
When I came to ACF a little over a year ago, I had never really been involved in a forum before. I asked a model friend advice on trying to integrate, and make friends here. She gave me some very wise advice, and I took it. I read a lot of posts, and tried to see how the community as a whole operated. I eased in slowly, played some of the games, and then waded in. I'm still fairly quiet and reserved, but have found this community very accepting. Do I agree with everyone? Of course not, but I try and respect everyone's point of view. I keep a pretty even keel in my responses, but I have my opinions, and am very protective of my friends. I have held my tongue, but some of your posts have had me fuming. I have tried not to pounce on every little thing that you say, and has taken a lot of mental strength to keep myself civil, but everyone has their limit.

GenXoxo said:
I'm glad you've got a game plan to make ACF more enjoyable for you; there are threads and users I avoid as well to make it more fun, and I'm glad I did. The Internet should be fun
I want to second this response. I hope you can stick with your plan, and this place can be fun for everyone.

KudosKids said:

What you found annoying about this forum is exactly the reason why I'm here. I love debating things with intelligent people who have extensive knowledge about subjects that I'm not as knowledgeable about. It's an opportunity to look at an issue from different angles that can be a learning experience for both parties. Take Steph, for instance. When she's on cam, she's always very friendly, funny silly, warm, welcoming, etc. The atmosphere in the room is very lighthearted. However, anyone who spends some time in her room (and casts a casual glance at her Twitter feed every now and then) can also see that for all her silliness and willingness to make a fool of herself, she's also very intelligent, strongly opinionated and more importantly, neither afraid nor incapable of defending her principles. On top of that, she has a vastly different set of life experiences than I have as well as majoring in a field of study I know next to nothing about AND am very interested in. That's pretty much discussion partner gold! We may not necessarily agree on everything (though we seem to agree on a lot), but that doesn't mean that we can't have a solid rational discussion regardless, despite the fact that on MFC we both proudly wear our silly hats.

Speaking of which, the venue is a VERY important factor here. MFC does what it does quite well, but it's not the platform for heady discussion. Not that it can't be done, but from a business standpoint (are camgirls businesses?) it may drive away a good number of potential customers who are just there to wind down and get off. Not just that, but a forum also offers the possibility of thinking a bit longer before we speak. In a written-only medium, choosing your words carefully becomes vitally important because tone is difficult to convey and any ambiguity can mean that a post might be taken the wrong way and derail a topic or worse. This is coincidentally why serious me gets a lot more wordy than silly me. On MFC, the mood and atmosphere in a room are very important, and a heated discussion can kill a good mood very quickly. Here, mood is less important in the long run. We can step into and away from a discussion if we're not in the mood for it.

As Gen already pointed out, just because you're seeing different sides to someone's personality doesn't make either any more or less "real" than the other. While I don't think it's as much of a difference for us members, but I can certainly see it being a big relief for the models here to not have to be "on" all the time. It's a bit like going on a date. The image you present of yourself is going to emphasize your positive qualities, but that doesn't mean that image is fake, it't just incomplete. Just one facet of the polyhedral whole.

To be honest, I don't think "silly" is the word I'd pick to describe your surprise at the fact that camgirls act differently on cam than off. I'd have gone with naive because that implies that you merely didn't fully think it through.

Thank you everyone for being adults about my opinion. I can all see your points very clearly. And I would say I agree to a point. I understand that people are people. But there is a difference between being a sweet damsel on cam, and being a flat out bully here. You go from one extreme to the other. I am not going to name names. But that was why I was clear that there are people and models here that I still enjoy. I maybe sensitive in your opinion. But in my opinion, there are ways to disagree with a opinion and do it in a respectful and polite manner. Anywhoo, I'm going to jump on another thread. Seeyalatergator!

KudosKids said:
Thank you everyone for being adults about my opinion. I can all see your points very clearly. And I would say I agree to a point. I understand that people are people. But there is a difference between being a sweet damsel on cam, and being a flat out bully here. You go from one extreme to the other. I am not going to name names. But that was why I was clear that there are people and models here that I still enjoy. I maybe sensitive in your opinion. But in my opinion, there are ways to disagree with a opinion and do it in a respectful and polite manner. Anywhoo, I'm going to jump on another thread. Seeyalatergator!
Being honest and pointing out flaws in communication =/= being a flat out bully.

Please link us directly to posts where you feel a cam girl was a bully to you.

Leon_Omega said:
KudosKids said:

What you found annoying about this forum is exactly the reason why I'm here. I love debating things with intelligent people who have extensive knowledge about subjects that I'm not as knowledgeable about. It's an opportunity to look at an issue from different angles that can be a learning experience for both parties. Take Steph, for instance. When she's on cam, she's always very friendly, funny silly, warm, welcoming, etc. The atmosphere in the room is very lighthearted. However, anyone who spends some time in her room (and casts a casual glance at her Twitter feed every now and then) can also see that for all her silliness and willingness to make a fool of herself, she's also very intelligent, strongly opinionated and more importantly, neither afraid nor incapable of defending her principles. On top of that, she has a vastly different set of life experiences than I have as well as majoring in a field of study I know next to nothing about AND am very interested in. That's pretty much discussion partner gold! We may not necessarily agree on everything (though we seem to agree on a lot), but that doesn't mean that we can't have a solid rational discussion regardless, despite the fact that on MFC we both proudly wear our silly hats.

Speaking of which, the venue is a VERY important factor here. MFC does what it does quite well, but it's not the platform for heady discussion. Not that it can't be done, but from a business standpoint (are camgirls businesses?) it may drive away a good number of potential customers who are just there to wind down and get off. Not just that, but a forum also offers the possibility of thinking a bit longer before we speak. In a written-only medium, choosing your words carefully becomes vitally important because tone is difficult to convey and any ambiguity can mean that a post might be taken the wrong way and derail a topic or worse. This is coincidentally why serious me gets a lot more wordy than silly me. On MFC, the mood and atmosphere in a room are very important, and a heated discussion can kill a good mood very quickly. Here, mood is less important in the long run. We can step into and away from a discussion if we're not in the mood for it.

As Gen already pointed out, just because you're seeing different sides to someone's personality doesn't make either any more or less "real" than the other. While I don't think it's as much of a difference for us members, but I can certainly see it being a big relief for the models here to not have to be "on" all the time. It's a bit like going on a date. The image you present of yourself is going to emphasize your positive qualities, but that doesn't mean that image is fake, it't just incomplete. Just one facet of the polyhedral whole.

To be honest, I don't think "silly" is the word I'd pick to describe your surprise at the fact that camgirls act differently on cam than off. I'd have gone with naive because that implies that you merely didn't fully think it through.

Leon I just want to say that I am really starting to ♡ you! Between here Twitter and your adorably handsome bunny pic I have got to say that I hope one day I have a regular like you! Not only are you respectful, but you also put yourself in other people's shoes to see a whole picture instead of just what some others see! I hope everyone understand that I am in no way shaming other members but it does seem that you are one of a small myriad of members that sees cam girls as people not objects and I know that I truly appreciate that!

lilithxlove said:
Leon_Omega said:
KudosKids said:

Leon I just want to say that I am really starting to ♡ you! Between here Twitter and your adorably handsome bunny pic I have got to say that I hope one day I have a regular like you! Not only are you respectful, but you also put yourself in other people's shoes to see a whole picture instead of just what some others see! I hope everyone understand that I am in no way shaming other members but it does seem that you are one of a small myriad of members that sees cam girls as people not objects and I know that I truly appreciate that!

Don't blush, don't blush, don't blush...

:oops:

Dammit! ><

Aww thank you :) and I, for one, am glad that I found this place where I get a much better chance to communicate with camgirls as people rather than just as pretty faces on a cam feed. One of the things I like most in life is to meet interesting new people and hopefully get a better understanding of the world by talking to them and sharing experiences.

And for my part, I hope to catch you on sometime. You wouldn't be the first camgirl on here that I became a regular for.

Leon_Omega said:
I, for one, am glad that I found this place where I get a much better chance to communicate with camgirls as people rather than just as pretty faces on a cam feed. One of the things I like most in life is to meet interesting new people and hopefully get a better understanding of the world by talking to them and sharing experiences.
I appreciate that you see it as learning all sides of us instead of marking us as 2-faced bitches. Clearly we must have a better business presence while on cam as we are "on the job" and while MANY of us cam girls are very genuine in our interactions while on cam, we aren't at liberty to really speak our minds/thoughts/opinions whole-heartedly while broadcasting as it could deter people who don't know the whole context of the conversation.

People who enter in to the cam girl world with a huge level naivete will be the ones who misunderstand the difference.

Random douchebag member: Show tits 4 me bb
Me: Hey dude, you should probably tip her some tokens before you request something, or read the topic.
Random douchebag member: Shut the fuck up faggot.
Models kicks random douchebag member.

It seriously irks to my limits when a member just asks for shit before even saying hello. Like, ffs, either tip her, shut the fuck up, or piss off.

JimsX said:
sexyvanessa4u said:
Spam rooms with "My pussy needs help, hit me up on Skype."

That's the spammer that used to be lindasogentle :angry4:

I noticed the S is replaced by $. A way to avoid MFC stopping him by blocking certain words?

I had this one the other night, I stopped mid sentence looking concerned and asked if there was a vet in the house, he needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.