AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

any advice for the very 1st camming session?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2015
California
Tumblr Username
isobel-bloom
MFC Username
isobelbloom
hi!!
i'm a brand new model. i was wondering if anybody had any tricks or tips they could share for somebody who's cammng for the first time. i'm using my free cams, if that makes a difference.
thanks so much!

Read the forums, there are lots of threads with advice for new models.
Watch other models a lot before you start.

Don't just sit there and wait for people to make something happen. Move around, tease, be as entertaining as possible without giving away too much for free.

Good luck!

If it were me, knowing what (relatively little) I know about cams, I'd spend as much time as humanly possible perusing these forums (signing up as a model to gain access to the closed off sections) learning everything I could, spend even more time watching other models (both successful and less successful, new and established) and do everything I could to drum up a presence on social media in an attempt to grow a (probably very small) following before I ever hit the broadcast button. I'd also be experimenting with cam angles, lighting, sound settings etc., and deciding on a camming style/persona (that I wouldn't necessarily be beholden to) all long before logging on for the first time. Ooh, and ideally I'd have a video or two, or some pic sets that I could sell as well.

Don't charge peanuts just because you are new. I watched a new model do anal for 100 tokens the other day. That's $5. A fancy cup of coffee costs more than that. My heart cried a little for her.

Yeah but that's over 200 cups of Folgers! Totally worth it then. pbbt.gif

If the tip isnt surrounded by yellow dont let a member trick you into thinking he tipped you when he didn't. You can actually click their name and see if they tipped you I believe(correct me if im wrong anyone). And don't be afraid to charge a good amount of tokens for a skype session. Lots of guys ask new models how much for a skype session in the hopes that you dont know token conversions very well and youll charge something really cheap like 100 tokens. Dont fall for it. And Watermark all your videos too in case some assface decided to upload your video to a xxx tube site without your permission. It does happen.

And honestly take advantage of your new model status. I really wish I did read up on everything and did my research first before I did my first ever broadcast on MFC. You'll develop a lot of regulars. Dont be afraid to bring out the ban hammer as well. I see too many new models being too nice and letting jerk offs argue back and forth which fucks up the vibe of the room. If you let people talk shit and argue back and forth you might as well take all your money in your hands and blow it in the wind because that's what you're doing. Lots of guys get turned off when it comes to that and you can potentially scare off a regular tipper. YOU are in charge of your room.

Set PM's to friends only and charge for them :)
Watch other models, but not just the top models.
Research as much as possible and get model verification here.
Don't rush into your first session feeling underprepared.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I think everyone has touched on some good stuff.

Dont let some dude try to tell you to do X,Y,Z to be successful.
At worst, he's trying to take advantage of you and at best, he doesnt really know what he's talking about. Its like a football fan trying to give advice to NFL players.
There are lots of experienced models and a wealth of information here, and we won't ask anything of you (except maybe to be a positive member to an awesome community!)

You can be a friendly and welcoming model without being a pushover.
And you dont have to put up with bullshit just because someone is paying or offering to pay you. You can always say "No". Too many new models are afraid to stand up for themselves for fear of losing "customers". This is not a retail job, this is your business. There are lots of really great guys out there so you dont have to waste your time on the assholes. You can't change those disrespectful people and they won't start valuing your time because you bent over backwards for them. Ban, ignore, move on. You give an inch, they'll take a mile, and everyone watching will learn that treating you that way is effective.

Dont click on unknown site or download links that someone sends you. Srsly, read the safety threads.

Be patient. Have a game plan. Don't get on and waste your new model status until you've planned everything out and researched other models

Source: patience is a virtue I clearly lack; didn't take full advantage of new model status

If it were me, knowing what (relatively little) I know about cams, I'd spend as much time as humanly possible perusing these forums (signing up as a model to gain access to the closed off sections) learning everything I could, spend even more time watching other models (both successful and less successful, new and established) and do everything I could to drum up a presence on social media in an attempt to grow a (probably very small) following before I ever hit the broadcast button. I'd also be experimenting with cam angles, lighting, sound settings etc., and deciding on a camming style/persona (that I wouldn't necessarily be beholden to) all long before logging on for the first time. Ooh, and ideally I'd have a video or two, or some pic sets that I could sell as well.

I wish I had done this before my first cam session. I winged it, and did pretty well, but that was pure luck. haha

What helped me a ton when I was first starting out (and even now, when I need some inspiration) is watching how other girls run their rooms. Borrowing bits and pieces of other people's hustle can be helpful, but it's also important to be your own personality.

I'd say that with camming you could read about it for a lifetime and still learn more on your first shift. Sometimes you just have to do to get a feel for it. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great :)

And Watermark all your videos too in case some assface decided to upload your video to a xxx tube site without your permission. It does happen.

Oh my gosh, I never thought of this. Can I ask what you use to water mark your videos. I just created my first video yesterday and I'm glad I read this before I decided it was completely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.