AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone else excited for nood.tv?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I feel some members can get a bit ridiculous with names, some of these banned words for usernames I feel are a bit much. It's just asking for members to try and have their names "disguised" in leetspeek or misspelled just enough to get through sensors.

Hold up... how is "legend" a hate word?

also... banning labia, fellatio, and penis? Are we supposed to call it what? Wee wee and flower?

Dude... I say most of those words in the first ten minutes online. First 5 if it's a "penis piss poop" kind of day.

I asked about the shorter list on twitter when I posted in this thread... I may have had a touch of snark but valid question... no response. :cry:

Since shortening it to racial slurs and hate words I'm still not sure what they're counting as "hate words" on the list. Cause cunt, slut and whore aren't generally hate words, especially on a camsite.

whatevs.

I like to think in an optimistic way about them and hope that they do successfully launch it. I like the quality of the video feed and the website looks a lot more contemporary however I am very skeptical about various things:

- they are paying 70% to the models so they are left with 30% to work from. 5% is to cover chargebacks and only 25% to do all the essential things to run a website.
Unless they have millions of dollars to fund their startup this business model is not very stable in my opinion.
The cost of bandwidth is probably running in the hundred thousands $/month range (maybe more).
Payment processors for adult oriented businesses are far and few and will charge them a lot.
Do they have an advertising budget. If they want to be the next big camsite they need to get themselves out there and advertising is going to cost a lot especially at first when they are trying to establish themselves. No I don't believe simply tweeting to a few models on Twitter to bring their fans along to their site will cut it.
They will need to pay staff as well if they need to grow.

-they seem to try so hard to keep things "fair" and keep everyone "happy". In business you can't do that. You have to simply focus on what makes you the most money. If they chose to be a social community they will be missing out a lot monetarily if they don't implement a similar rank system to MFC. If they want to be like chaturbate they need massive traffic to generate them income from ads and tips. (It will take them a long time to get the chaturbate traffic level or maybe it will never happen)
So far I have not heard them mention anything about a rank system which may work better for them as a new site. Maybe they did but I didn't see it. (Just quickly browsed through their tweeter)
If they want to implement the rank system it will be the models that make them the most money that need to get the primary exposure. A lot of other models will complain about it being "unfair" so I wonder how they will handle that. Will they respond to every butt hurt tweet or focus on what makes them money.

It also seems that they have made a lot of hype about themselves, which is good but i still don't think they have a strong enough brand to distinguish them from other new startups. So far all I have seen is good video feed and the rest we will let our tweeter viewers figure it out for us.

Again I hope they work out but they will have to first prove themselves if they want big name models to join them.

Reactions: Smores and Sevrin
Hold up... how is "legend" a hate word?

also... banning labia, fellatio, and penis? Are we supposed to call it what? Wee wee and flower?

Chloe mentioned (can't find the tweet) that "Legend" is going to be a special status someone can gain on the site, but didn't elaborate further.

Also, I'm particularly fond of "Weiner." :p

I am actually hugely against these banned words. I understand banning things like "rape" or "pedophile," i.e. illegal things. I just think it's kind of elitist to ban things like "whore." Just because Chloe is very mild/not hardcore on cam, doesn't mean that others aren't okay with being called "WhoreHannah" or whatever. How does Nood claim to be on the side of the models while also replacing CB/MFC when they aren't even okay with more hardcore words like... penis.

Well when Chloe Lewis is on chaturbate she holds a viewer count of over 8000 without a single piece of clothing missing. With only 100k followers she is the most viewed on cb when she gets on. Just throwing this out there as a random fact about her. Lol. I think she knows how to work a crowd, and she has a decent follower base.

Reactions: Mia Cherry
I couldn't help but let out a little giggle seeing this thread bumped. The hype and progress on this project seem to have gone from a roar to a mild mew now.

I couldn't help but let out a little giggle seeing this thread bumped. The hype and progress on this project seem to have gone from a roar to a mild mew now.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure once the fun of the initial coding the site wore off and most of those bugs were figured out, the harsh realities of the business side kicked in. Like @Kickaz mentioned above, they probably didn't have payment processors lined up with an amount they could live with considering their desire to payout 70% to models. Nor the advertising budget calculated in. And I'm guessing once they started testing a few live streams like they did, they got hit with the realities of the bandwidth bill from their hosting company.

Reactions: swagger
Yeah, I'm fairly sure once the fun of the initial coding the site wore off and most of those bugs were figured out, the harsh realities of the business side kicked in. Like @Kickaz mentioned above, they probably didn't have payment processors lined up with an amount they could live with considering their desire to payout 70% to models. Nor the advertising budget calculated in. And I'm guessing once they started testing a few live streams like they did, they got hit with the realities of the bandwidth bill from their hosting company.

Stream.me uses the same 70/30 payout but to survive they allow banned streamers and youtube celeb to be assholes to others. Looking at both nood.tv and stream.me I think they are probably setup or coded by the same group of people.

Stream.me uses the same 70/30 payout but to survive they allow banned streamers and youtube celeb to be assholes to others. Looking at both nood.tv and stream.me I think they are probably setup or coded by the same group of people.

Stream.me isn't an adult site and thus wouldn't be subjected to the same large fees by payment processors. Totally different ball of wax.

I was under the impression nood.tv was coded by Chloe Lewis. She would have nothing to do with Stream.me as far as I know.

Stream.me isn't an adult site and thus wouldn't be subjected to the same large fees by payment processors. Totally different ball of wax.

I was under the impression nood.tv was coded by Chloe Lewis. She would have nothing to do with Stream.me as far as I know.

Bandwidth cost is bandwidth cost. Doesn't matter what the content is. I'm saying it helps when you already have people that bring 30k followers day 1.

She may have assembled the site by herself but she's using a similar "player" for the streaming as Stream.me does.

My understanding of this (I'm relatively new to camming - 6 months in - so didn't hear about nood until recently) is that Cloe took a couple of years off camming to develop the site. It took longer than expected. She's now back into camming because she wants to raise funds to hire a team to help her out. Plus she wants to get back into it to learn what has changed since she's been gone I guess.

She did a twitter post explaining it earlier this year (disclaimer : I'm a bit of a fan girl).

I kinda get the impression she is still working hard on nood.tv but using an established platform to test ideas. if you watch her shows they are always full of new visual effects and app ideas.

Anyway - her shows are amazing - she is clearly very creative and pretty awesome at tech. Also I'd say damn hard working.

I definitely agree with some of the comments here about nood being built quite specifically for Chloe and it may not fit every models style. Maybe Chloes attempt to scale herself! She talks about her vision for it to be a more creative cam site. I think she means more focus on games, production techniques and the hang out type vibe her room produces.

again - take what I say wit a grain of salt as I'm a fan girl! Haha

The video quality on the recordings looks decent. I wonder if streaming looks that good.

It's a neat idea have recordings. I'm surprised it's not advertising based; instead of purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.