AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

apology From an Idiot (potential idiots please read)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aahh, the inanity that goes on when you're out of the loop for a week.

Makes for good reading though.

We should hang out sometime. Just bring your guys number. I'll have cash. I like the good shit, and you can obviously get it

CammiStar said:
Camstory, do you snort coke?

Many MANY moons ago I did, and I had this urge to talk in great detail about....anything. I think I came up with the meaning of life one night, but forgot to right it down.

Too bad I wasn't on forums back then.

THIS IS THE SAME EXACT THOUGHT I HAD. That shit makes you talk like there's not gonna ever be another tomorrow... LOL.

Bocefish said:
So this is all about a single tip note that could be misunderstood??

Unsolicited advice for future reference... if in doubt, tip model again and say "I meant that in the best possible way" or clarify further what you meant, such as "Anyone that spends time in your room may be in danger of falling in love."

:twocents-02cents:

i thinks it's also about the extraordinary amount of thought necessary to stick one's foot in their mouth.....but i agree that a few more tokens would have certainly pulled it out again. :-D

i'm really not being as flippant as it might sound, camstory: i've done the same thing at least....more times than i care to count....and arrived at boce's solution independantly, finding it to be a nearly infallible way to clear up snaffus of the kind you described in the OP

Reactions: camstory
The following post was made on the 4th I think, but a while ago and it would not be the same if I was to rewrite it today, but there is much too much to do to spend time on that so you get the dated version.

Well, this is sort of interesting, - building a post offline, and with no connection currently available. Shortly after putting up my last post,”Lazy critic - express yourself”, I returned to read through the body of the thread, (post3-22><?) and answer the two post that immediately followed my last. I sat down to a laptop that had shut its self down, and though still connected to power was not showing any indication of being plugged in. After spending enough time to confirm that; yes indeed, I did not have the expertise to fix the problem,- that being that the computer would only proceed through the first 1.5 seconds of, powering on, reaching the bios command initiation, and then with a bleat died over and over. I sadly had to accept that the next chance I would have to be connected would be when, on Monday, (today), I would be back at my roommates home where I could jump on and hope the world had not completely spun into some unrecognizable yin of reason and clockwork like order and clarity of a system gone simple that I feared it might. Removed from the yang of confusion and chaos my post supplied the universe, or at least ACF, would there still be an internet or forum to find? I am left to wonder, not sure b/c the trusted internet connection here at my roomies place is apparently not so solid as I had thought, and I can only wait for our peg legged, one eyed, parrot keeping, neighbor who is our source to return home to try to resolve the problem, Ahrrr...

In answer to Boce's post, or his comment that the lazy poster, might next time grant me my request, and in the absents of being lazy, post paragraphs upon paragraphs, only understandable to himself. I say first; that, if the result of his effort to express himself, turns out to be paragraphs of thoughts which only he can comprehend fully, it is my opinion, it be more worthy to show a measure of concern on a subject, than that of the lazy alternative.

The other comment I would make in reply to that post, is, though it is only my impression, it is a pretty clear impression from my pov, that the post was not about the op, or the subsequent post, “lazy, - why bother”, or anything at hand, but rather the residual anger venting from the huge case of Butt-Hurt suffered from the ass kicking at the hands tongue of a girl. (Or as I might guess, but no doubt will be told incorrectly, one who you might feel appropriately fits the dubious classification of the, 'weaker sex.' ((Weaker than what? A super Nova – perhaps, but only when not lit off so in a rage of furry!))) So that we can be through with this, I tell you now that, tho the chain of events which proceeded said ass kicking might suggest a measure of instigation, there was none. I can tell you further in all honesty that I found the event to be unfortunate and only slightly amusing. I am done. (Tho the smart $ would bet otherwise.)

In reply to the Question of 'do I snort cocaine?' Snorted, smoked, injected, these all ways, I have taken of the drug of philosophers. The best way was something I called visually fixing coke though. It is doable by yourself but is much easier with an assistant. One lays on his or her back and pours very finely powdered coke onto the top of the eye and the soft connective tissue revealed at the base of an eye lid pealed back. The pain that results at first and then the relief which follows as the liquefied drug passes through the eye-socket membrane and drips off the back of the eye ball on to the frontal cortex and the euphoria that results makes visually fixing a one of a kind experience. Visually fixing with a hummer is the ultimate though.

(No, not for real. Just the answer I liked to give when some jack ass would ask, “Oh, so you do WhatTheFuckEver, how do you do it?” Originally, when I grew tired of the question, I would say, “I shove it up my ass!” This answer was not what I was looking for, - it had little or no shock value, and, as often as not, lead to conversation I had no desire to engage in.)

(BTW the above question 10 times of 9 is a junkie trolling for company. But you can't get 10 out of 9 - A junkie can.)

No, I no longer take any sort of powdered drugs, to included cocaine! And yes, I understand the reference to the enlightenment of the meaning of life. However I feel it would be a very rare individual who would find the maturity to graphs what the meaning of life, was for themselves, while engaged in an active relationship with drugs. It is also my opinion that anyone who thinks there is an answer that is the right one for everyone, or for anyone but themselves, must be under the influence. (Or conceivably, much wiser than I now can comprehend.)

As to how any of that relates to the OP, I will surmise there is a fair chance that my convoluted, confusing, and overly worded post may very well be partly the product of some influence of, (for lack of a better term), permabuzz, that effects me to degrees more or less, from time to time. I am more inclined to believe, as a friend insists, such post are a result of me not being patient enough to let the post and my thoughts rest for 10 or 15 minutes and coming back to them. She suggest that, if I did, and when I do, I easily see the way the word trolls, who live in my head, have shaken, tossed about, and scrambled my frying thoughts, and then am able to correct the post. I am not long on patients, but it helps to do as she suggests, and imagine these hairy little warted fuckers kicking at the ground and mumbling in coarse voices, things like, “U nOo U mI troll bro, but Dis is bullshit for realzz” and “U know mee OGT, im straight fuk'in dis Camass bich up next time he tryz post'in sum'a dem punk assed thoughts - on mi troll skin yo.” (My trolls terrify Vic, he's such a candy ass.)

If you are now feeling you have suffered another 1081+ word post with little entertainment for your effort, I will attempt to rectify that by sharing what I believe is a CamStory original that I am sure is to become a classic to delight generations of pervs through the ages. It occurred to me watching a very dear model friend express most honestly her frustration after returning from what was approximately a 7 minute private. She said she was so close but the focus of her excitement had run out of tokens just a little too soon. :pREMATURETOKULATION! (T-shirts available in the lobby on your way out) Good night.

Oh my goodness. I couldn't read through all of that. :? I might come back at a later time to read it.....

Reactions: Nordling
2 pages of text, 1243 words. To answer (from what I can figure) 3 questions.

This might be just my :twocents-02cents: , but you sure do type a lot. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Read it, read it again and a 3rd time just to make sure..

and I still have absolutely no idea what that is about :lol:

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit.

:-D

camstory, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I find that you over think things, and you're a bit wordy.

Your story could be boiled down to. "I sent a tip note to an amazing model. I think she may have been uncomfortable, because I didn't explain myself very well. I'm sorry."
Sometimes it better to be concise than flowery with your language. Otherwise you point can get buried under waffling.

He's been told several times on here that his posts are too wordy, and that he overthinks things. Now I think he's just messing with us a little, and getting a little chuckle out of it too (our "WTF?" reactions to his posts)...lol.

Just look at this line from his last paragraph:

"If you are now feeling you have suffered another 1081+ word post with little entertainment for your effort, I will attempt to rectify that by sharing what I believe is a CamStory original that I am sure is to become a classic to delight generations of pervs through the ages."

Uh...yeah, we know you like to type, camstory. We GET it...lol.

The_Brown_Fox said:
He's been told several times on here that his posts are too wordy, and that he overthinks things. Now I think he's just messing with us a little, and getting a little chuckle out of it too (our "WTF?" reactions to his posts)...lol.

Just look at this line from his last paragraph:

"If you are now feeling you have suffered another 1081+ word post with little entertainment for your effort, I will attempt to rectify that by sharing what I believe is a CamStory original that I am sure is to become a classic to delight generations of pervs through the ages."

Uh...yeah, we know you like to type, camstory. We GET it...lol.
:text-yeahthat:

Well, I have not yet taken the time to read through the post 4-22, or there about. I did however have the opportunity to read the post by Littlegringo in reply to my post, 5or6 nights ago when I got online for one night. I started a reply in answer then, but in falling asleep several times I managed to lose it when I somehow closed the tab. It is just as well; as such a post would likely have been less coherent than the OP. Though my inability to respond to that post or any other in this thread in a timely manner should be as good a reason as any to let this one go, I obviously have chosen not to do that.

My first impulse was to return to that post and refresh my memory so I might answer it in full. I have decided not to do that ether. I hope to keep this as brief as possible, and those points which I do not recall are not so important as those which I do.

First off I agreed with most of what was said, though arrived at different conclusions from that which the poster seemed to, in a few cases. To that the first I would make comment on was the fact that it was suggested I think I am a special snow flake. I don’t think I am, I know I am, though I might use a different term, and I think special is redundant, as ‘snow flake’ suggest something unique, or special by its self, without the qualifier. So I would say I agree with the general premise. Do I think I am any more special than anyone else? No, I don’t. Nor do I think my opinion deserves any more attention than anyone else’s, but yes, I am a snow flake as much as anyone.

The other thing I want to comment on is the suggestion that the OP was motivated by the desire to say look at me, or in an effort to hear myself talk. This I also agree with. Everything I post here is in part motivated by some desire to say look at me, or to hear myself talk. Anyone who regularly posts here or to any public forum who claims different is IMO lying whether they know it or not. Do any of us really think what we post here is going to make a difference in any real way, or influence anyone in any measureable way? I don’t the vast majority of the time, or to any great extent. I suggest we post because we feel our opinions have value, even if we, no doubt, value our own opinion more than anyone else does.

Sometimes, and I will be honest, for myself, most of the time, this desire to hear myself speak is the sole reason I post. That there are times when there is more to my post than that alone, the OP is a good example I think. I was not so upset about this one incident, nor did I believe the Model was that it merited a thread, or a public apology. Though my marksmanship proved very poor, it was my aim, that by exposing my failure to empathize with the pov of the Model, I might spark a conversation about how what might seem meaningless from a members pov, can sometimes not seem at all meaningless from the pov of the Model.

That I let my description of the event I was using as an example obscure the target of my post, I apologize. I do not however apologize for being a snow flake, or for saying as everyone else does, look at me, look at my opinion, I feel it has value!

Camstory, an important aspect of communication is understanding that just typing more and more words doesn't mean the message gets across any better. In 2 posts on this page you've posted a little under 1900 words, but I end up feeling like nothing was actually said...

For instance, you used 317 words to basically say "My internet was down so I wrote this offline".

If it takes a lot of words to say what you have in mind - give it more thought. --Dennis Roth

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
:whistle: OK.. now I'm truly amazed... people are actually counting words in posts... FFS. :roll: :lol:

SoTxBob said:
:whistle: OK.. now I'm truly amazed... people are actually counting words in posts... FFS. :roll: :lol:

Copy > paste to word > wordcount is displayed at bottom. Takes all of 5 seconds.

Ok..... so, after reading that essay you wrote at the beginning and some of the comments after, I do agree with you that some stuff members say to me actually gives me a bit of a chill.
One thing is persistently asking me where in the uk I live, freaks me out! It makes my mind wonder to whether they're trying to find me or want to stalk me!
Members going on and on about how amazing I am is creepy and annoying, I mean complements are great, but really it only takes a few nice words and then a normal conversation, but a long stream of how perfect and amazing I am and not even a tip to back it up is weird and a waste of space!
Another is sometimes regulars will get carried away talking to me, and will describe what they'd like to do etc if they were with me, I know that they have those fantasies, and I'm fine with that, but as I wouldn't be a consenting party to this fantasy, it makes me a little uncomfortable when it's described in detail.
I've also had a few guys take me in private and then start going on about how much they want to meet me/fuck me etc, bit awkward saying no whilst trying to get yourself and the other person off...

So yeah, members should sometimes think through what they're writing, as it may sound like an amazing idea/complement, or a perfectly ordinary question to them, but it may be received very differently.
But..... saying that, if anyone who said something creeped me out a bit, if I then read a public apology essay like that, I'd have gone from stepping back a step to running a mile... no offence... ;)
A few words saying sorry in pm or mfc mail would have done perfectly.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

I just had a huge conclusion. Well, maybe not huge, but it's big enough, bb. ;)

Us models get to vent in the Model's Only section. Oftentimes I go there when I feel the need to publish a nonsensical novel to people that would understand it. I think camstory is feeling a similar desire, a sort of safe place to share his crazy thoughts among the peers he feels most comfortable with, which considering we're all cool as fuck, makes a lot of sense. Especially when he's posting about things participating to the commonality we all share. Now, if they only made sense to us, we'd totally understand where he was coming from. I'm sure we do know where he's coming from, but the wording gets lost in translation. ;)

CAMSTORY, U SO SMART. Y U MAKE NO SENSE?!!

(Really, I do agree, use less words and the things you need to say will be better understood. I've understood you many times, and it's always been when you've been less wordy. The key to being a great writer isn't using a lot of words or sounding smart, it's what you have to say. I think you're fucking yourself over by using too many words and keeping readers from understanding your point, which I think is valid.)

Littlegringo said:
SoTxBob said:

Copy > paste to word > wordcount is displayed at bottom. Takes all of 5 seconds.

yes of course.. but its the concept of "counting" and or the reasons behind it that seem a bit whiny to me. :thumbleft:

SoTxBob said:
Littlegringo said:
SoTxBob said:

yes of course.. but its the concept of "counting" and or the reasons behind it that seem a bit whiny to me. :thumbleft:

Well then I'm being whiny. I'm sorry that I find it pointless to have an entire screen filled by a single post, which rambles in so many circles, all to say something that would be better said in 20 words. Many High school essay competitions are under 700 words, making post after post that is longer than that and only serves to confuse the point trying to be made just seems counterproductive.

Littlegringo said:
SoTxBob said:
Littlegringo said:
SoTxBob said:

Well then I'm being whiny. I'm sorry that I find it pointless to have an entire screen filled by a single post, which rambles in so many circles, all to say something that would be better said in 20 words. Many High school essay competitions are under 700 words, making post after post that is longer than that and only serves to confuse the point trying to be made just seems counterproductive.

Ahh, I get it now.... "Pointless" ....like whining about something someone else writes BC you feel its to long for your comfort level... righty -O :thumbleft: :hello2:

Reactions: Lounge20K
SoTxBob said:
Littlegringo said:
SoTxBob said:
Littlegringo said:
SoTxBob said:

Ahh, I get it now.... "Pointless" ....like whining about something someone else writes BC you feel its to long for your comfort level... righty -O :thumbleft: :hello2:

I wouldn't call it comfort level, I'd call it common sense level, but to each their own. In general, making a post is so people will read and understand what you're saying. Posting a novel when all you needed to say was "I like pie" is, as I said, counerproductive to actually communicating the idea...

If it's whiny to post about how someone posted, I'd have to qualify it as even more whiny to complain about the original whining... But it's your right to voice your opinion as it is mine.

Posting a novel when all you needed to say was "I like pie" is, as I said, counerproductive to actually communicating the idea...

So much for artists, writers, sculptors and painters. Do you like Picasso or is his work what you'd qualify as pointless and counterproductive? :whistle:

But it's your right to voice your opinion as it is mine.

:thumbleft:

..As it is Camstory's to express his :clap:

FrenshKiss said:
Posting a novel when all you needed to say was "I like pie" is, as I said, counerproductive to actually communicating the idea...

So much for artists, writers, sculptors and painters. Do you like Picasso or is his work what you'd qualify as pointless and counterproductive? :whistle:

But it's your right to voice your opinion as it is mine.

:thumbleft:

..As it is Camstory's to express his :clap:

And none of this has, nor will, change his right to post however he likes.

If everyone posted in that manner (around 1000 words per post), this one thread would as long as an average novel. If that was the way discussion board posts were, the Random discussion category here would have over 40 million words in it's posts (675 average novels). The average person reads 300 words per minute, so each novel averages 8-9 hours. So around 5700 hours to read a thread if it was filled with posts like that. It took less time to look up that info than to read one of those types of posts.

My view on communicating is to try to get the point across in a way that it is understood. Obscuring the message somewhere in the middle of 1000 word essay doesn't do that. Hence saying it is counterproductive to communicating. But he can post however he wants, you can like or hate his posts or mine, and I can as well. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, I'm saying I have an opinion and explained the reason for it, just like you have an opinion.

We basically just agreed to disagree on that one post ;) We could as easily agree on some others..!!

I like camstory. He's a unique character. His posts can certainly be over-long and sometimes trying to extract the meaning behind his posts can be like trying to draw blood from a stone, but if he didn't post the way he did... he'd be somebody else. I'm of the opinion that he's a pretty awesome addition to this here community. I can see why others might not share that opinion but I'm all but certain there are plenty here that do.
Getting him to post like everyone else is like asking Homer Simpson to stop sayin "Doh!" or asking Joey Tribiani to stop asking "How YOU doin?". Sure, it might make him more endearing to those that aren't a fan of the way he posts, but for everyone else, it'd be taking away the character trait that makes him who is (as far as his online personality goes anyway. I don't know how he speaks in real life but I genuinely hope that when asked to pick something up from the shops or what he'd like to eat for dinner, he replies with a three minute monologue :))

FrenshKiss said:
We basically just agreed to disagree on that one post ;) We could as easily agree on some others..!!

We have agreed on others. :)

And disagreement isn't a negative thing - being able to disagree and accept that both sides have a right to their opinion is a positive thing. Peace is not generally achieved because both sides agree on everything, but because they accept that they can disagree on some things...

Status
Not open for further replies.