AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

App settings divider

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2021
If you go this this app, Web-Models Free, and go to the Launch App tab, he has some really nice divider text boxes. How are they done?

CB needs to make a built-in better way to separate your app's settings like this.

Web-Models Free, Launch App

There were once discussions, now removed, that mentioned how that app/bot code was using a Chrome plugin to output data it collected and to create the animation in the HTML panel. I've no idea, either way, and can only assume the "dividers" are in-line CSS, similar to the limited access of gradients. Spying on that pages nodes may give you a clue as to what is being loaded, and then an idea into how it is being pulled off. You may also consider contacting the developer directly, because that person might be willing to share.

CB is about consistency through diversity. You have the diversity to write any app/bot you like.... within the consistency of the API. This puts limitations on what is possible but also limits possibility into a handful of outcomes. This creates the consistency that allows users to get accustomed. After a month, you know what a tip menu looks like, what a bot's interface looks like, etc. I think this consistency makes both using and interacting with CB much simpler.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
using my advanced script baby skillz I determined it's by setting a name property inside cb.settings_choices to "message [x]'

Good question 👍

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is only the reference to the element's internal name. The vanilla code would look like this...

cb.settings_choices.push({"name": "message1", "type": "choice", "choice1": "","defaultValue": "", "label": "****************** Goal ******************:"});

Scrolling down you can see that **************** General **************** is called message2 and the next id is message 3, etc.

When you spy on the first message, you will see the background color is #ffffd3. I believe this is CSS usage from within the script.

Here is the Filter style:
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 211);
border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);
border-bottom-style: solid;
border-bottom-width: 1px;
border-image-outset: 0;
border-image-repeat: stretch;
border-image-slice: 100%;
border-image-source: none;
border-image-width: 1;
border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);
border-left-style: solid;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-right-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);
border-right-style: solid;
border-right-width: 1px;
border-top-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);
border-top-style: solid;
border-top-width: 1px

The layout shows the padding is -2x-2.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi. That isn't a secret styling, it is the literal name of that form element. The only thing it does is give that element a name that can be referenece throughout the CB script (EG: cb.settings.message_1). These continue to the 12th such CSS styling, literally named message_12. You can see the 2nd element is named 'GoalDescriptions' with the label 'Descripcin (es) del objetivo/----/Goal description(s)'.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
cexmental is right. What you are seeing is just an assigned name from CB parsing the settings. I already saw that before posting here. That was kind of my point: make something built-in for us. We should not have to jump through hoops to keep the settings organized nicely. And easy to read, notice when group changes to the next, jump to a certain section, etc.

Upvote 0
he's not right, though I'll agree with your larger point. Well, not really, I think all these functions should be internally developed, chaturbate let the type of guy who hangs out at a strip club code the ticket show app? 😂

Upvote 0
If only CB could develop apps, then everyone would be using the same ones. No variety. No customization. Fine to one extent for control, but, no.

Upvote 0
I don't know how it works, or how "web_models" found it, all I can say is it works :rofl:

Holy cow!! It does work!! I had some free time, I was going to "prove you wrong", but, you proved us wrong.

message 1
message 2
message room_control_settings

name: 'message icons_settings',
name: 'message room_control',

Just start the name with message and a space. It centers in and bold larger text. The yellow box is kind of ugly, but way better than what we have been doing.

I apologize. Thank you, tokensarentforkids!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for this information !
But... is this a standard css feature ?
And if not... how did they manage to figure this out ?

CB must have designed it and failed to mention it anywhere on the programming documentation. You don't have to do anything extra. And you can't change it.

Upvote 0
I submitted a report about it not working,

I also asked if the box and the font could be made smaller. It is too big, as is.

They have been good at replying to me. I will post it here.

Upvote 0
Thank you for providing us with a screenshot and further clarification. At this time, the message box is not available on the Chaturbate app/bot page and we do not have any plans in progress to bring it back. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

If you want this back as much as I do, write them a complaint letter. WE NEED THIS FEATURE!

Upvote 0
I sent another Support Ticket asking for this. Canned response:

Thank you for your suggestion! We are working hard to improve the site and will consider your feedback for future improvements.

Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.