AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

are you a homebody, the opposite, or somewhere in between?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
So i'm curious...

1. Where do you fit on the homebody/adventurous scale of 1 to 10? (1 = homebody, 10 = adventurous)

2. How often do you leave your house to do social activities?

3. What do you typically do on Friday/Saturday nights or weekend/days off? (leisure activities and otherwise)

4. If you consider yourself a homebody, what are your reasons for staying home rather than venturing out?

5. If you consider yourself a homebody, what would it take to leave your house?

1. Where do you fit on the homebody/adventurous scale of 1 to 10? (1 = homebody, 10 = adventurous)

I reckon around 7

probably twice a week that I leave home to do things, but not always social activities..

3. What do you typically do on Friday/Saturday nights or weekend/days off? (leisure activities and otherwise)

DnD or boardgames with friends and making trips

4. If you consider yourself a homebody, what are your reasons for staying home rather than venturing out?

well.. money mostly though

Reactions: Gen
I actually found this quite difficult to answer. In part because I don't often talk about myself... but also because it's not always pleasant to put into words just how terribly boring you are. But I've been thinking about stuff like this pretty frequently over the last few years after the death of my closest friend. While attending the funeral I was amazed by the sheer number of people there (he was an incredible dude, it shouldn't have been surprising but I guess I hadn't considered how many people would be there). I had never thought much about it before that day but I realized that it was unlikely I could fill a Volkswagen with mourners on the day of my own eventual demise. I've moved around most of my life which doesn't typically lead to long lasting relationships. On top of that, I'm very much an introvert with a tendency to work non-stop... which is obviously dull. But here goes!

Maybe a generous 4. I like to think I'm adventurous but my idea of adventure rarely involves others so my adventures probably seem far from adventurous.

I don't often crave social interaction soooo... Like... almost never. I keep very busy between my personal work and my work with AIP. But I'm pretty alright with the idea that my social activities typically take place in a work-like environment... it creates a distance that is comfortable to me. I'll hang out and shoot the shit with my personal clients or with models for a bit after we have accomplished our goals for the day which allows me to feel like I've got friends (and I would genuinely call many of them friends) but doesn't obligate me to the "constant contact" of friendships.

I don't really have any sort of schedule. Just an occasional lull in things I need to do. When those arise I usually find or create other things that I "need" to do. When all else fails... I might go camping.

I guess I'm just pretty content with being home... I suppose "alone" would likely be the more honest answer.

A desire to get coffee from a joint that makes it better than I do. Road trips. Camping. Work.

1, definitely.

zero.

MFC, watch videos, play pc games or read a book.

I don't like meeting or talking to people in real life. If I have to get groceries I go at 4 am so the place is as empty as possible. I avoid all lunch or dinner rushes at fast food places. I make it a rule to never answer my door. So even if someone does show up I just stare at them through the peep hole until they go away. Mailman shows up with certified letter? Send it back, not opening the door to sign it. Cop knocks on the door? Keep knocking forever. I've got headphones, it won't bother me.

A job or an arrest warrant.

So i'm curious...

Hmmm... It seems like you are asking about 4 or 5 different things that don't have much relation. I don't think being a homebody has much to do with being adventurous (or not) or being social (or not). Being a homebody means you love being in your home. But you can be social at the same time by inviting your friends over. Or go on adventures like taking trips every once in a while.

On the homebody scale I would say I fit the bill: I would rather order take-out and take it home than eat at a restaurant, I would rather watch a movie in my living room than go to a cinema, and even when I do love taking long walks and do it every single day, I still do most of my activities at home because I like it. I love routines, I love cooking, baking, sewing, painting, wasting time online, and playing the occasional video game, all of which is done at home. Since I spend most of my time at home it is very important to me to have a home that is comfortable and beautiful so it is the one thing I splurge on.

But I am also adventurous. I have lived in 7 different cities and 3 different continents since I left my parent's home. I have finally decided to stay put, but I certainly love traveling and seeing different cultures and systems. It just happens that wherever I move to, I am a homebody at, haha. On the social scale let's just say Hell is other people.

So i'm curious...

Answers:

1. I'd say 5, I'd like to do more activities, but this day and age, everything requires money, otherwise I would go out a lot more.

2. If there's any events on in my area, I would go and join in. I volunteer quite often for my community, this would mainly involve fundraising events.

3. I'm no party animal, never have been. So my nights/weekends in are stuck in with a good film and nice hot chocolate or travel out for the day: Shopping, visiting family/friends, beach (if the weather's good :p)

4. Again stated in no.1, Money.

5. Events, something fun/interested to do in my area. For further travel..as stated ^^ :p

I'd say an 8 or a 9. I tend to get restless if I'm at home too much, but to be honest this doesn't mean what I'm doing outside of home is anything more interesting than a walk in the park.

If anything is going I'll make an attempt to join in sure. It really depends on if/when it's happening.

I...don't take weekends off, but my version of it is typically out of the house if possible.

Only reasons I ever want to stay home are when I've felt too exhausted to go anywhere.

N/A

MFC watching / chatting, Video games. Watching football games (when it's in season.)
I'm uncomfortable around people in real life. I do what I have to (shopping, etc.).
My house catching fire (probably).

I figured I should add that though I like to go out, if it has to involve people rather than by myself every time I'd say I'm half and half. I love being social with folks, however it often leads to me having anxiety if I'm constantly surrounded by folks too (clubs aren't mah thing)

1. Probably a 2. I don't fear leaving the house, but I don't need to do it to be happy unless there's some reason.

2. I almost never leave for my own social purposes. But, I take the kids to socializing stuff. Lots of library time. Playgrounds. Therapy. We're aging into sports and classes soon. Not looking forward to hanging out with the moms for those.

3. Family stuff. An exciting weekend for us might include a trip to the beach and pizza. Usually, it's playing in the backyard or going for a walk and movies in. Occasionally, we crash Grandma's 55+ community pool and raid her fridge for snacks. I kind of like watching her cringe and run toward her chachkies as my two year old skips through the place.

4. My stuff. My people. My pets. Pants optional. Kids won't be breaking other peoples' stuff. Not a fan of tons of car time. Not a fan of most people.

5. If I'm leaving the house just for myself, food or alcohol is probably involved.

1. Maybe an eight.

2. At least once a day to walk the dog. I suck at cooking and usually eat out too. I also like to drink a bit but won't drink alone so if nobody is rolling by, I'm hitting up the bar or a friends.

3. Bars and backyard fires during this time of year. I leave the country for vacation about twice a year. I still get homesick sometimes. Can't beat sleeping in your own bed.

1. Overall, I'm probably a 4 or 5, but over the last year and a half, it's dropped to a 2 or 3.

2. Occasionally. I moved a year ago, and haven't cultivated any sort of social life where I live now. In the past I was much more socially-active.

3. My leisure time and work time are pretty indistinguishable from one another. I spend most of my time drawing or thinking about drawing projects. I'll break it up by poking around the internet, watching Youtube or streaming documentaries, playing video games, or taking naps. If I had a place to go, people to hang with, or money to spend, I'd probably go out more.

4. It mostly just comes down to the fact that most of what I want to do is located at home. It is nice to get out when I have an excuse, though.

5. A good movie. A chance for some sight-seeing. Nice weather for swimming or bike-riding. Having nice people with mutual interests to talk to. A good meal. I may be content to spend most of my time in my house, but it doesn't really take much to get me out of the house.

There are days I eat very little or almost nothing just so my groceries last a day longer so i don't have to go out. I spend most of my life at home and if I do go out to a concert or party very rarely is mostly trying to balance things and I usually regret it.

So i'm curious...

- This is tricky because I like being at home... but I also enjoy doing adventurous things... just not by myself. Let us do this in percentages. I am home probably 60% of the time while out and about 40% of the time. This includes working my outdoor job ;)

- define "social activities".... my group of friends is often busy/broke, so if I want social things to happen I have to plan them myself. Usually, it is just me hanging out with one or two ppl now and again.

- go hiking
- walk the dog

- cheaper
- no crowds
- don't have to drive anywhere
- all my pets/craft supplies/books etc are at home

- some really fun activity that is low cost to attend ;)

I'd say about a 4. I prefer to be at home but I'm not a hermit.

Probably about 4-6 days a week, but it's often to go to a friend's house.

Either watch a movie/game at home with my roommate, or go to the movies or play D&D with friends.

I'm just more comfortable in my own space and with a small group of close friends. Crowds make me anxious and my favourite activities are home things like gaming, reading, baking, and watching movies.

I leave the house every day for school, work, or volunteering, plus I take my dog for walks and usually go get coffee at some point. But I will deal with crowds for big events like comic cons or opening night movies since those are fun with big crowds.

So i'm curious...

1. On a scale of 1 to 10? 1. Definitely 1.

2. I leave my house maybe twice a month to visit my family.

3. Friday/Saturday I eat food, cuddle my cats and play video games with my boyfriend.

4. My reasons for staying home have to do with the fact I really don't have any friends, I break out in hives often when I leave the house and I live in an area with little to nothing to do.

5. Substance outside. Maybe if there were events going on at local gaming stores, and all the dust and allergy stuff would leave my town, plox.

1. 3
2. Only if work related
3. TV, computer, work around the house, learning woodworking
4. I hate small talk. Drive all week for work, so don't want to do that much on days off.
5. Didn't have to interact with people or traffic. Pick up supplies or hit a drive-thru.

Where do you fit on the homebody/adventurous scale of 1 to 10? (1 = homebody, 10 = adventurous)

I am a 3 for homebody and a 7 for adventurous.

I like to adventure often and far and for long periods of time, and then I like to come home, relax, stay in, and prepare for the next adventure.

About once a week.

About one weekend a month I hop on MFC for social alone time (if that makes sense haha), the next I'll play video games, the following weekend go on a short trip, and the last weekend maybe meet up with one of my friends. It tends to rotate weekly.

Home is comfortable. It has my medicine, the love from many doggoos, a fireplace, all the entertainment (tv, ps4, comp, sewing machine, bed, vibrator) and lots of snacks and drinks. Also I can be naked 24/7.
Plus crowds stress me out, and living in the city means going outside there's a constant potential for crowds to form.

Hanger.
The itch to adventure.
A friend in need.
Coming across a new destination to visit. Music festivals. Meteor showers. Dog park/beach visits.
Usually it's for food though.

So i'm curious...

1. I'm like an introverted extrovert. I'm perfectly happy if I'm at home alone relaxing and doing nothing but I also love being adventurous going to new places and trying new things. So I'd say a 5 because I'm very happy with either.

2. 3-4 times per week on average.

3. Friday or Saturday nights I'll normally meet up with some friends and hang out or go into town, there's normally something going on. I also play football so 2 nights a week of training and then a match on a Sunday morning.

4. If i'm tired or my introvert side takes over and I decide I don't want to have to deal with any people.

5. Something interesting to be happening.

1. Where do you fit on the homebody/adventurous scale of 1 to 10? I'm very much a homebody. I love home! I do make a point to go do a few fun and exciting things a couple times a month

2. How often do you leave your house to do social activities? Generally, my schedule is "off" from everybody else. I work or cam when many of my friends are done for the day. I try and leave, but it doesn't always happen.

3. What do you typically do on Friday/Saturday nights or weekend/days off? On my days off I spend a lot of time cleaning, meal prepping, or vegging out with some video games or tv.

4. If you consider yourself a homebody, what are your reasons for staying home rather than venturing out? There's no place like home!

5. If you consider yourself a homebody, what would it take to leave your house? It just takes a fun event or some kind of get together. I still enjoy being adventurous, however camming and my other job take priority.

1. I'm definitely a homebody! I'd say I'm probably between a 3-4.

2. Typically if I'm leaving the house it's to go to my day job, get weed, or food shopping. Socially maybe 2-3 times a month

3. Booty call from the ex or just staying in with my fur babies!

4. I do consider myself a homebody because I love being home with my animals, its nice and warm, has Netflix, and because I don't have a lot of girlfriends. (one of the reasons I became a cam model, to make more!)

5. If I'm going somewhere I can take my fur babies or am doing something I actually want to do with other people.

1. Totes not a homebody, so probably around an 8 or 9. I get really restless and anxious if I'm at home for too long without anything specific to keep me occupied.

2. Most days. Sometimes my friends won't be free and I'll go out to a library or cafe to get some work/studying done.

3. Mostly spend time with close friends or getting some work done for school (college).

4. I'll reverse this and say I prefer to go out rather than stay in because it gives me something active and engaging to do. If I'm at home I feel like I'm just being too lazy. Only times I really like staying in are when I've already gotten some work done earlier and I'm hooked on a tv show.

5. This one doesn't apply to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.