AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are you someone who can "roam" around and "browse" stores etc?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, when it becomes really nice weather here in my town, you always get people who just walkabout, not really doing anything, with no plans other than "It's lovely weather, let's be outside and enjoy it". And they can stay outdoors, browsing stores and everything else for hours, all day basically. I don't necessarily mean people in couples or with friends. This is also people by themselves and can be of all ages.

I literally can not do that at all, whether it's by myself or with anyone. I can't just browse around stores simply to "kill time" because it's lovely weather.
I would love to be able to because these people seem to be able to enjoy life more, and just live in that moment of pleasure.

For me, I just have no interest int he things in the stores so my mind can't get me to stay and browse. Maybe a few things that catch my eye because they are unusual or whatever.

I have tried to and wanted to be more like this, and especially now I am in a much happier and better place with myself, having accepted who I am, and I am wanting to enjoy the nice weather, be outside in it just to chill etc.
But I can't imagine myself just being like these kinds of people.

So, which type of person are you: Are you one that CAN find anything to do and browse to kill time on a lovely hot day (by walking around, browsing stores, etc) or are you the same (or similar) to me and just find it boring and can't understand how people do it?

To kill time when it is nice out and to stay 'offline' I will still stick around home, but I will do some project or read a book outside sitting on the steps of my front door.
I avoid stores or any crowded place with a passion.

I use to go camping all the time, going to the lake or river and so forth. But I just cannot seem to want to do any of that anymore. Is it a part of getting older and losing interest? Who knows.

I don't have a front porch sitting area where I live now, but when I lived at my parents' house I loved to sit outside on the front porch barefoot with my laptop in the summertime...my favorite time of year. When it's a beautiful day, that's a good enough reason for me to want to get out of the house for a little while. I'd walk to Dollar Tree, because I can always find something at Dollar Tree. Lol. Maybe buy myself a Mountain Dew Code Red from the fridge, and some rice to feed the ducks at the nearby duck pond (Because I learned that feeding them bread is actually bad for them). Maybe after that I'd walk to 7-11 to get myself a cherry slurpee. At that time I'd lived close enough to my favorite karaoke spot. So later that night I'd take another shower, and head over to the karaoke bar.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE relaxing at home, and getting caught up on Chicago P.D./Fire/Med, etc. But when I know it's gonna be a beautiful 75-80 degree day, I'm gonna want to step outside for a bit to enjoy it...even if I don't really have any plans or anywhere I need to go.

It depends on the store. I'm one who can spend a lot of time browsing book stores, game stores (not video games, I'm talking board games, chess sets, cribbage boards, etc), bicycle shops, sports/outdoor stores like REI, etc. As long as it's not too busy, I have killed a lot of time in them looking at what's new, cool, etc. Big box stores, etc I can't do it in.

I'm also one who really enjoys just hopping in the car and going for day drives with no place specific to go. Or, when I used to ride motorcycle on the street I'd be gone all day just riding. I also like doing that on dirt trails with mountain bikes or dirtbikes. I do similar with riding bicycle or just hiking or going for walks.

That being said, I have a lot of hobbies that I prefer to do instead.

No Fing way can I do that.

I can relate to looking at others and wondering how they are able to tho. Even in stores that have products I like. I go in, I already know what I want, I get it, and I go. I already know where everything in the store is, I already have an efficient game plan of which sections I am gonna hit, and in what order. I find nothing more frustrating that shopping, and rambling around stores.

I think I am type A personality, and that is why. There seems no goal/ point to it to me. If I wanna spend time outside, I take a walk, ride a bike, or do something that has an ultimate goal to me, like burning X amount of calories, or building X muscle group. Spending more money, than I already do, is the opposite of any goal I have :) I can't ramble, and I don't understand how others can. I would need to be on a hallucinogenic drug or something, to get any pleasure from that. I am weird tho.

Reactions: NotYou
I do enjoy just wandering around browsing, but I enjoy it the most when I'm on a long call with a friend or family member at the same time - you get the benefits of having company with the bonus of being able to hang up for alone time whenever you want!

Ohh, you're one of those annoying people who talk on the phone in stores, etc. Ugh...

Sorry, but to me that is really inconsiderate. It's different if you need to call and talk to someone about what's needed at the store. But, to be talking about personal things while on the train, in a store, etc. Nope. Get the eff off the phone. Even more so if you're extremely loud.

Ohh, you're one of those annoying people who talk on the phone in stores, etc. Ugh...

Sorry, but to me that is really inconsiderate. It's different if you need to call and talk to someone about what's needed at the store. But, to be talking about personal things while on the train, in a store, etc. Nope. Get the eff off the phone. Even more so if you're extremely loud.

Whoa, seems like a lot of assumptions there! I sure as hell ain't loudly exclaiming to my pals about my latest conquest whilst the poor cashier stands in front of me waiting for me to engage with them.

I mean really browsing, like picture walking the length of Oxford Street whilst going into the odd Primark or New Look - and truuuust me, someone talking into their bluetooth headset is the LEAST of your worries in those places, haha!

Whoa, seems like a lot of assumptions there! I sure as hell ain't loudly exclaiming to my pals about my latest conquest whilst the poor cashier stands in front of me waiting for me to engage with them.

I mean really browsing, like picture walking the length of Oxford Street whilst going into the odd Primark or New Look - and truuuust me, someone talking into their bluetooth headset is the LEAST of your worries in those places, haha!

Yeah, a little bit of assumptions there since nearly everyone I've encountered talking on their phone is loud enough to be heard a fair distance away. I'm not really talking about at the cashier, I just meant in general. My favourite was more than a few times on the train to/from work someone was on the phone kinda loud and the transit worker walked over to them and politely asked them to end the call because others didn't need to hear her side of the conversation. :haha:

No clue on the location reference you gave. If they're kind of seedy places, then being on the phone isn't all that good either due to distraction. But, I'm just guessing on that since no idea what the location is like.

I'm one who thinks that phone calls shouldn't be done in a crowded public place. Quick, to the point and specific to the need. If it's a BS session, do it from home, or in a private setting. I'm also that person who gets annoyed at talkers in movies. ;)

@ForceTen

The ones who get to me when I do venture out to shop are the ones having a conversation on speakerphone for all the hear. 🙄

Yeah, they are worse than those on bluetooth or phone to their ear. They deserve a special place in hell. But, then hell would throw them out because they're too fucking stupid to understand proper phone etiquette.

Reactions: DoD404
But, to be talking about personal things while on the train, in a store, etc. Nope. Get the eff off the phone. Even more so if you're extremely loud.

My grandmom called me one day while I was on the bus headed to work. We were about to have a discussion about my son's disrespectful behavior at home, and I didn't want a bus full of people in my personal business. Luckily, we were almost at my stop, so I told her "I'm about to get off the bus in a second, and then we can really talk...I don't want everyone hearing my conversation." Lol. My grandmom is a person who will talk your ear off, and will have you on a 30+ minute phone call if you let her.....

I cannot browse stores unless I am with someone else who likes doing it. I don't enjoy buying things for myself, I tend to just get what I need and leave.

Same here! The warm weather definitely attracts shoppers in my town too haha. It's tough for me to wander around aimlessly. I like to shop with a plan / if I actually need something. And mostly online, especially now.

So, when it becomes really nice weather here in my town, you always get people who just walkabout, not really doing anything, with no plans other than "It's lovely weather, let's be outside and enjoy it". And they can stay outdoors, browsing stores and everything else for hours, all day basically. I don't necessarily mean people in couples or with friends. This is also people by themselves and can be of all ages.

I literally can not do that at all, whether it's by myself or with anyone. I can't just browse around stores simply to "kill time" because it's lovely weather.
I would love to be able to because these people seem to be able to enjoy life more, and just live in that moment of pleasure.

For me, I just have no interest int he things in the stores so my mind can't get me to stay and browse. Maybe a few things that catch my eye because they are unusual or whatever.

I have tried to and wanted to be more like this, and especially now I am in a much happier and better place with myself, having accepted who I am, and I am wanting to enjoy the nice weather, be outside in it just to chill etc.
But I can't imagine myself just being like these kinds of people.

So, which type of person are you: Are you one that CAN find anything to do and browse to kill time on a lovely hot day (by walking around, browsing stores, etc) or are you the same (or similar) to me and just find it boring and can't understand how people do it?

Reactions: NotYou
Used to be able to for hours, but I've gotten more introverted with age, and now shopping is mostly exhausting.

I am very glad I am not the only one that can't just roam.
It seems like everyone I know here in my town can do it easily and enjoy it - despite us having nothing great to do/see lol. We do have some nice little rivers and nature stuff but nothing really big but it can be very enjoyable but not every day it's hot/sunny weather etc.

Used to be able to for hours, but I've gotten more introverted with age, and now shopping is mostly exhausting.

Do you get exhausted because of age, or just because the experience now is exhausting? I mean, I am healthy enough and can walk for miles and miles fine, but then doing stuff like roaming around exhausts me - emotionally obviously not physically.

I'm a meander-er. I can spend over an hour in a grocery store. I also love going outside with no destination or activity planned, especially on a bike ride. To be honest, I find it really satisfying. Going for a bike ride with some snacks/ herb. You never know what kind of cool stuff you may find. Plus, its great exercise.

No clue on the location reference you gave. If they're kind of seedy places, then being on the phone isn't all that good either due to distraction.
It can be, but it can also be helpful if something happens, as the person on the other line can be a witness. Some people will call someone while in a dangerous neighborhood and not have a real conversation, just casual shooting the shit that allows them to still be able to remain aware of their surroundings, while having someone on the line in case things go squirrely. If someone knows you were just attacked and your location, they can get emergency responders to you a lot faster than if you're just laying in the street for a few hours until someone comes across you.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.