AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask-a-Fan (Questions models have for viewers)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Requested a private with a model. She increased the price (I think doubling it) and then quickly accepted before I could cancel the request. Fortunately, the minimum number of minutes was relatively low, so I just typed something like "WTF did you do that for." and closed my browser. I still kick myself for not taking screenshots and reporting her.
That does seem shitty. I'm surprised that the site coding allowed the model to adjust the private rate once your request had been sent.
However there *may* be some explanation, such as the model had reduced the usual rate for an earlier private, and had forgotten to raise it back again afterwards. I've seen this happen, including the room I'm a moderator in.
But I would hope that if this were the case, the model would decline the request, let the user know why, adjust the rate again and let the user choose if they still wanted a show.

That does seem shitty. I'm surprised that the site coding allowed the model to adjust the private rate once your request had been sent.
However there *may* be some explanation, such as the model had reduced the usual rate for an earlier private, and had forgotten to raise it back again afterwards. I've seen this happen, including the room I'm a moderator in.
But I would hope that if this were the case, the model would decline the request, let the user know why, adjust the rate again and let the user choose if they still wanted a show.
Yeah, sometimes I tip for things that a model wants to do only for me and not in a public space with freeloaders. She sets the room rate to the lowest possible token rate and I pay part of the tip as a lump sum and leave the remainder to cover the low per minute charge. Whatever is left over is just tipped to her at the end. It's like a private but it's for one pre-agreed item from the tip menu just for my eyes only. Her choice to do it this way not mine. However, there was an incident where she forgot to change the rate back and a guy got really shirty although it happened before she accepted the private.

Yeah, sometimes I tip for things that a model wants to do only for me and not in a public space with freeloaders. She sets the room rate to the lowest possible token rate and I pay part of the tip as a lump sum and leave the remainder to cover the low per minute charge. Whatever is left over is just tipped to her at the end. It's like a private but it's for one pre-agreed item from the tip menu just for my eyes only. Her choice to do it this way not mine. However, there was an incident where she forgot to change the rate back and a guy got really shirty although it happened before she accepted the private.
Not sure what site you're usually on, but @Vixxen81 provided details of an app that her developer created that allows the model to only show the tipper(s) the action, rather than every user in the room.
Seems like a really good solution to manage what you described above; I passed it on to the model I regularly visit.
But I really think that when a model adjusts their private rate, it should not appear as a public chat message (it does on CB at least) for all to see. This just sets up a situation where folk see the rate going up or down and start to think about bargaining with the model, and getting butt-hurt about why someone else gets a lower rate (without understanding the agreement made).

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Not sure what site you're usually on, but @Vixxen81 provided details of an app that her developer created that allows the model to only show the tipper(s) the action, rather than every user in the room.
Seems like a really good solution to manage what you described above; I passed it on to the model I regularly visit.
But I really think that when a model adjusts their private rate, it should not appear as a public chat message (it does on CB at least) for all to see. This just sets up a situation where folk see the rate going up or down and start to think about bargaining with the model, and getting butt-hurt about why someone else gets a lower rate (without understanding the agreement made).
Thanks for bringing this up Rod! I've incorporated it as a treat for fan club members, I'll pick a flash they tipped for and make it private for a moment or so. Really adds a personalized touch without having to run through settings/costs, etc.

Here's the link for anyone interested:

I agree that thee are reasons a model would need to adjust the price of the private upward but I would also say I agree that the way it should be handled is like you described. With some communication.

Just rolling through with a higher price without telling the user is wrong

Thanks for bringing this up Rod! I've incorporated it as a treat for fan club members, I'll pick a flash they tipped for and make it private for a moment or so. Really adds a personalized touch without having to run through settings/costs, etc.

Here's the link for anyone interested:
Thanks for adding the link, I was hunting around trying to find where I bookmarked it!

Reactions: Vixxen81
How many of you would bookmark a model's Twitter feed without having a Twitter account of your own?

How many of you would bookmark a model's Twitter feed without having a Twitter account of your own?
Personally? No.

I do have a twitter account, but if I did not have an account on whatever social media platform a model may use, I would not bother to bookmark their feed etc. If it was a model I was seriously interested in, I would most likely actually create an account on the platform.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I do sometimes, I don't have twitter, but ocasionally twitter allow you to see a few posts before the annoying join pop up shows. The pictures I see on twitter are usually quite different from the models usual ones, I like to see the models in a different light no pun intended.
Oh and yes I do bookmark and if I can't decide I like to go there to help make my mind up! I takes me a long time to decide anything but maybe that's just me, I ponder a lot.

I have an Instagram account set up specifically to connect with models. I very occasionally will follow a model on Twitter but it is rare

I don't think it'd work these days. For at least the last 5-6 years, accounts with sensitive media (which all models should have theirs marked as such) aren't able to be viewed if you're not logged in.

And especially so now that Elon has ruined the site even further.

I don't think it'd work these days. For at least the last 5-6 years, accounts with sensitive media (which all models should have theirs marked as such) aren't able to be viewed if you're not logged in.

And especially so now that Elon has ruined the site even further.
This is why I asked how many people are already doing it that way but I forgot the second part of my thought. I'm such a ditz these days. 😂

This is why I asked how many people are already doing it that way but I forgot the second part of my thought. I'm such a ditz these days. 😂
Yeah if it was working for anyone doing that before, the models they bookmarked must not have had the proper setting checked. Which shockingly I learned over the years that many do not! Was super risky to operate that way.

Yeah if it was working for anyone doing that before, the models they bookmarked must not have had the proper setting checked. Which shockingly I learned over the years that many do not! Was super risky to operate that way.
The accounts I was able to see without an account, before Elon got stoned out of his gourd and restricted access this week, had their media hidden behind links with wording about sensitive material and needing to log in before viewing but I could read any text announcing schedules or changes to an already posted schedule.

Sometimes a different prompt would appear if they had marked the account as 18+ only. Blank page telling you to log in before you could see the account.

Now? Immediately told to log in or register. I can't see a damn thing without an account. And we've already gone through the captcha is a nightmare to create an account issue...

He'll either reverse it or triple down on it. I bet Jack Dorsey is enjoying the hell out of this.

I've had three guys who signed up for OF under their respective chat site names suddenly delete their OF accounts.

What could it be?
In my case, it's that the user experience between a camsite and OF is very different and it's just not as satisfying on OF. Like, there are a few models that I used to be a long time regular of on MFC that have moved on to OF. These are people I got used to talking to almost every day on top of seeing them live on cam but when on OF, communication is much more limited and sporadic or behind a paywall. It's just not the same. It's neither bad or good, it's a matter of me considering if it's worth me sticking around.

Are any of y'all into Skype or Snapchat? Why?

I don't really like Snapchat but I've used Skype for private shows. My two main reasons are that the offered rates tend to be a little lower and sometimes one or both of us are experiencing issues on whatever camsite we're on. Then there's the occasional possibility that the model extends the agreed to time for whatever reason for no extra charge. Not an expectation but it's happened and it's nice. Of course, sessions have also been shorter than what has been agreed so it can be a wash. Important part is I try to stick to models I know I can trust.

Reactions: MarieElise
We haven't done this in a while so here's the summary:

-- You're my highest tipper and not in the sense of a thousand tokens in a show but thousands of dollars over a year or more like entry level salary levels of money
-- You constantly send me messages on a site that doesn't offer live broadcasting and indicate you wish me to move my ass a little faster to get on cam and when I don't get on immediately you send me another message that basically says I decided to do something else instead of wait for you, see ya

Your preferred reaction from me is what?

-- You're my highest tipper and not in the sense of a thousand tokens in a show but thousands of dollars over a year or more like entry level salary levels of money
-- You constantly send me messages on a site that doesn't offer live broadcasting and indicate you wish me to move my ass a little faster to get on cam and when I don't get on immediately you send me another message that basically says I decided to do something else instead of wait for you, see ya

Not a member but most likely it’s “oh no please come back, I just wanted to get extra pretty for YOU; I swear I did not spend this time with someone who spends more or more interesting to me!”

I’ve had highest tipper like that, he’d also throw a fit if I ended conversation with him on Snapchat “abruptly” in order to GET ON CAM.

Or he would schedule PVTs for times that’s not within my usual camming schedule, to feel like he’s special and I get ready and get on specifically for him.

It’s a power play, often happens with HTs who’s aware they are HTs.

As usual I have a couple of angles ;)

If it is actually me, I always try to be reasonable in my expectations, but I am human on rare occasions I'll admit I can become a little "emotional". If I am your highest tipper over time, we have some sort of rapport built, so if I am actually a bit demanding and messaging you constantly, I'd expect you to tell me to settle down and remind me that whilst you do enjoy our interactions, you have a life away from cam (or whatever platform we are acquainted on) .

Also, being that I am generally level headed and easy-going the odds are that my saying that I decided not to wait was not a snarky comment but merely acknowledging that I also have a life away from the platform, in which case you could add to whatever else you say to me "See you next time".

If, however, if "I" am generally a bit of a demanding jerk, then I'd expect you to be quite blunt in pointing out my poor behaviour and suggesting that I pull my head in and behave better in future. (The bluntness and wording up to you)

Although I should add that I am not a high tipper to the extent you describe (tipping an entry level salary over a year)

I'd want you to remind me that I'm being an entitled prick, and being a high tipper does not change that you do what suits you, when it suits you. I fit in with that, or stop whining and go someplace else :party:

You should remind him that he probably spends thousands on Amazon every year as well but no amount of messaging them is going to get his order delivered any quicker.

I'd want you to remind me that I'm being an entitled prick, and being a high tipper does not change that you do what suits you, when it suits you. I fit in with that, or stop whining and go someplace else :party:
Pernille Harder Football GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

Hell fucking Yeah!!

The other thing I would say is that often the exchange of hellos turns into small talk and I’m not always up for it if I haven’t even decided if I am going to stay in the room yet. It goes like this:

Model: Hi
Me: Hi
Model: How are you?
Me: fine thanks
Model: great

I am often the one who lets that Peter out not because I am annoyed or unfriendly but just because I am reading the profile, trying to get the read of the room, etc. and I am not that interested in dragging the small talk out at that point
Its good to have a hobby to make a conversation last other than the obvious

Its good to have a hobby to make a conversation last other than the obvious
Yeah, I can't stand it when it just stops there. Especially on CB, chat is literally in the name, if you aren't up for chatting with models then ninja tip and leave or don't log in at all. I'm very, very chatty. Why? Because you guys tell on yourselves (I mean this playfully) and I use that info to give you the experience you seek.

*King's "you". Not you personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.