AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Asking a friend to maybe look into camming.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2014
A silly place.
Right, I brought this up in a model's room the other night and it's been kind of bouncing around in my head.

So I have this friend, let's call her Em. I met her about three years ago at a music festival and became really close friends really quickly. Somehow, we also both realized from the word "go" that neither of us is each other's type, so there are no romantic feelings from either side to get in the way. Why am I telling you this? Well, there's a lot about her that makes me think she'd make for an awesome camgirl. She's very open about her body (like, the second time I met her we ended up discussing how she likes to tend her lady garden in the middle of a crowded square in Amsterdam), down with nudity (sprung the fact that she sleeps naked on me after inviting me to stay over) and im general has the overall personality down that I see in a lot of the camgirls whose rooms I frequent. It would also help the fact that she's chronically unlucky when it comes to jobs and the last time she lost one, I was kinda considering pointing out camming as a possible avenue for her to look into.

The thing is, I don't know how to best approach this. Hell, I don't know if I should to begin with. It's not that I'm ashamed of my cam perving ways, but part of me worries that an innocent suggestion could be taken the entirely wrong way and destroy that pretty damn sweet thing we have going on right now. Not helping matters is that the guy who we can both blame for us meeting is a massive sleazeball, the kind that literally made me want to take a shower after hearing him talk once. The kind that camgirls probably have to deal with on a daily basis.

Not just that, but how would I go about actually telling one of my friends that it would be cool if she started to do this thing that still carries a big social stigma? How could I ease her into it? Should I?

Perhaps, next time you are chatting about what you do to unwind and relax, maybe just casually mention about your own online activity, checking out cute, sexy ladies on cam. Let her know what sites you visit and allow her to check them out for herself. However, DON'T immediately try and stress that it would be a good career path for her to tread as only she would be able to make that decision. After all it's one thing to be down with being naked around other people who are friends and known to her, but getting hot and sexy on cam in front of 1000 strangers every day, might be a line that she would not wish to cross. Your friend is the only one that would be able to decide if camming would work for her. Let her know that the option exists and leave it at that. Whether she goes for it or not must be her choice.

WickedTouch said:
Perhaps, next time you are chatting about what you do to unwind and relax, maybe just casually mention about your own online activity, checking out cute, sexy ladies on cam. Let her know what sites you visit and allow her to check them out for herself. However, DON'T immediately try and stress that it would be a good career path for her to tread as only she would be able to make that decision. After all it's one thing to be down with being naked around other people who are friends and known to her, but getting hot and sexy on cam in front of 1000 strangers every day, might be a line that she would not wish to cross. Your friend is the only one that would be able to decide if camming would work for her. Let her know that the option exists and leave it at that. Whether she goes for it or not must be her choice.
Probably the best advise and only advise you need.

Great post @WickedTouch :handgestures-salute:

Fully agree with WickedTouch.

Encouraging her to cam could easily be construed as "Hey, this guy wants to watch me get naked on the internet!"

Mentioning cams to her in casual conversation ("Hey, what have you been up to?" "Well, it might sound odd, but I've been spending a bit of time on camsites. They're actually a lot of fun!") lets her know that camming is a thing and if it's something she likes the sound of, she can investigate further of her own volition.

Status
Not open for further replies.