AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Australian Problems

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyla_foxx

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2015
G'day!!! (huh lol) :hello2:

I wanted to start a thread based around the problems cam girls from/in Australia face. Create a network of support for ourselves and an easy to find all in one, oz stuff sorted! Especially because some of the solutions to oz problems are quite different here than in the us or uk...

My first problem is with wishlists - Amazon offers a lot but so many stores don't ship to Australia and when they do shipping is so expensive... :eek: Is there an alternative that still functions for third party buyers?? I don't want fans and friends wishing to buy me something that costs $10 and having to spend $40 just to get it to me.... hmmmm

xoxoxox
Kyla_Foxx

:handgestures-salute:

kyla_foxx said:
My first problem is with wishlists - Amazon offers a lot but so many stores don't ship to Australia and when they do shipping is so expensive... :eek: Is there an alternative that still functions for third party buyers?? I don't want fans and friends wishing to buy me something that costs $10 and having to spend $40 just to get it to me.... hmmmm
I'm not from Australia but I'm from Europe, and I solved this problem by making an account at the mail-forwarding service MyUS.com. :) That way I can get items from sites that only ship to the US, and my real name, location etc. are kept hidden from members.

MyUS gives you a shipping address in Sarasota, Florida, and then members can just ship you everything from your Amazon wishlist to that address, while only paying for shipment within the US.
Your shipping address can start with your real name or your model name; you can simply add your model name as an "additional name" that's allowed to receive shipments under the same address. :) For example, my shipping address is just Lily Marie, 4283 Express Lane, Suite 344-785, Sarasota, FL 34238. So my real name is nowhere in the address.

Then once the gift arrives at your suite, you log into your MyUS account, see what the item is (they take photos of everything that arrives, so you can make sure that you didn't get anything you didn't want), and then you make a shipment request.
They then send it to your home in Australia; you pay for the shipping and potential customs duty (I don't know what the situation is like in Australia).

I've had my suite at MyUS.com for about two and a half years now and I'm pretty happy with them, though the shipping is generally expensive. You have different options, depending on how fast you want your package, and you can choose from different delivery companies (UPS, Fedex) though.

Another bonus is that not only the guys can give me things, I can also shop at online stores that don't send outside the US. That's what MyUS is originally meant for. :D
http://www.myus.com/en/how-it-works/

A standard membership has a one-time $10 fee and is completely free after that, they also have premium memberships.
http://www.myus.com/en/compare-memberships/

My wishlist is full of gift cards from various places that do ship to Aus and don't cost a crazy amount to do so. Buying anything other than books from amazon really isn't logical for Australians, but I still use their wishlists mostly because it's familiar and easy to navigate for members :)
For reference here's how mine's set up: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist ... kub08DANVE

I get lots of amazon cards, and have just come to know who ships what I want. It is frustrating, but over time I have a good list of go to stores.

Lily, I am going to look into that mail forwarding too. I have always meant to. Just never got around to it.

I also encourage guys to send me wotif.com.au vouchers as these are really practical for me. I can buy flights and accommodation with these.

kyla_foxx said:

I wanted to start a thread based around the problems cam girls from/in Australia face.

I'd have thought all those venomous snakes would have been at the top of your list, but that's just me.

Sevrin said:
kyla_foxx said:

I wanted to start a thread based around the problems cam girls from/in Australia face.

I'd have thought all those venomous snakes would have been at the top of your list, but that's just me.
Nah man, the spiders are a lot worse.

For toys, I have a lovehoney wishlist because they have an Australian site, but I haven't figured out what to do if I want anything else lol. Maybe giftcards?

Spoiledonline.com and delivery code.com are universal wishlist sites. Just add items within Australia or with cheap shipping

Hey, Aussie cam girl here!! I wanted to know if there are any threads which talk about taxes and what not girl girls in ausland? do we have to pay taxes on the income from camming? pls send help haha

Hey, Aussie cam girl here!! I wanted to know if there are any threads which talk about taxes and what not girl girls in ausland? do we have to pay taxes on the income from camming? pls send help haha
You do need to pay taxes. I'm not sure how it works because I'm not a resident for tax purposes but I do know that step no.1 is you are going to need to apply for an abn.

Don't forget everything you can claim tax on too. Like laptop dildos etc.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/help-dealing-with-centrelink-and-tax.23116/

You may not need an ABN.

The amount of tax you'll pay on camming income depends on how much you're making, if you have another taxpaying job, and if your parents claim you on their taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.