AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Authenticator app

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpion_candy

Cam Model
Jan 13, 2016
United States
Twitter Username
@pm1dni9ht
Chaturbate Username
m1dni9ht
When I try to login to Chaturbate on my phone I'm told to check the "app" for my verification code. Before it was sent directly to my phone number. The "Authenticator" app wants my credit card information to "verify" me. It says $0.00 but on another part of the app it says it wants to charge me. Am I going to be having to pay monthly to have access to my Chaturbate account via this app? This is very disappointing.

Is the "Authenticator" app safe? I'm not entering my credit card information onto some random app.

When I go to the "enter manually" page it asks for: Link, Key, Account and Backup codes. What is the "Key"? Could someone tell me where to find this on Chaturbate?

Thank you

Which authenticator app are you using? I don't remember being asked for a credit card with the Google Authenticator. However, according to this FAQ you should have the option to skip entering credit card info. When logging in to CB there should also be an option to select other methods of authentication and you should be able to select a SMS text message.

When I go to the "enter manually" page it asks for: Link, Key, Account and Backup codes. What is the "Key"? Could someone tell me where to find this on Chaturbate?
That definitely sounds phishy... the CB authentication page should know all that and not be prompting for it.

Upvote 0
Which authenticator app are you using? I don't remember being asked for a credit card with the Google Authenticator. However, according to this FAQ you should have the option to skip entering credit card info. When logging in to CB there should also be an option to select other methods of authentication and you should be able to select a SMS text message.

That definitely sounds phishy... the CB authentication page should know all that and not be prompting for it.

Okay, I'll see if I can use SMS instead of this app. I was given zero instruction on how to use it and I don't want to enter things in incorrectly and get logged out of my account. This is so frustrating.

I downloaded the app that CB told me to download. Says it's called "Authenticator". It has a blue shield with a white lock inside the shield. I didn't see any code appear anywhere and I didn't get any notification about receiving a code.

Upvote 0

Okay so now I'm seeing that this is not "GOOGLE authenticator" that I downloaded. So I will try that one instead. This is so confusing.

Upvote 0
Alright I changed the verification option to SMS messages and am now able to receive the code that way. I am 100% not okay with paying for a service to verify myself every time I want to login to CB. That's wack.

Upvote 0
If CB recommended an authenticator I would assume it is legit and the credit card info is just a one time requirement during setup to ensure the person installing the app is really the account owner. That is actually pretty common. I can't imagine CB would charge every time you authenticated as then no one would use the authenticator app, and they want everyone to use it.

Definitely leave SMS as a backup option, but you should try to get one of the authenticator apps working as SMS isn't secure. Maybe ask in the Ask a model section or the models only area and another model on CB will have more information. As a member I can use one of several authenticators (Google Authenticator, Authy) and then scan a QR code on the CB page from within the app. The procedure for models might be different.

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Alright I changed the verification option to SMS messages and am now able to receive the code that way. I am 100% not okay with paying for a service to verify myself every time I want to login to CB. That's wack.
Authenticator is a free service, it shouldnt be asking for credit card info as it has nothing to verify.
You can also use an app called authy as your verification app if you are having trouble finding googles authenticator app.
To use a 2fa app they need to be set up with your chaturbate account before hand.

Upvote 0
If CB recommended an authenticator I would assume it is legit and the credit card info is just a one time requirement during setup to ensure the person installing the app is really the account owner. That is actually pretty common. I can't imagine CB would charge every time you authenticated as then no one would use the authenticator app, and they want everyone to use it.

Definitely leave SMS as a backup option, but you should try to get one of the authenticator apps working as SMS isn't secure. Maybe ask in the Ask a model section or the models only area and another model on CB will have more information. As a member I can use one of several authenticators (Google Authenticator, Authy) and then scan a QR code on the CB page from within the app. The procedure for models might be different.

Thank you

Upvote 0
If you are having trouble finding Google's App, here are links for Android and iPhone.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Hello,

You should not have to pay for an authenticator / code generator app.

I recommend you use Google Authenticator (links provided by @cexmental ) or Authy: https://authy.com/download/
Authy may be more complicated but has extra features (backup, device sync, better multi account handling...).

Both are 100% free and will not ask for any credit card information. As someone stated earlier, SMS is now considered not secure enough for strong authentication

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.