AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beer

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really lucky to live in Milwaukee where there's a huge beer culture and where Pabst and Miller are brewed. I love Lakefront, a small local brewery, which has a great red ale called Fixed Gear. Whenever I'm not in the mood for something specific, I always leave the liquor store with Fixed Gear in hand.

My other two favorite beers are Bell's Two Hearted and Southern Tier's 2X IPA. New Holland and Foster's are my favorite breweries overall.

I threw an "Octobeer" party last year, celebrating the new season with all the autmn/Octoberfest beers and it was great. I look forward to throwing one every year now. I attached a picture of my fridge!

Attachments

• octobeer.JPG
    octobeer.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 267
I usually prefer Mexican beers like DosXX, Corona and sometimes Tecate (if you drink Tecate in Mexico it taste much better... true story). Hoegaarden and Stella pretty awesome.

There's two California breweries that I have recently fallen in love with, Lost Cost and Hanger 24. They have some pretty amazing beers.

I also enjoy Pabst if I'm looking to go cheap.

But I just love beer so I'll drink almost anything; except Budweiser and Bud Lite... fuuuggdat! (unless there's no other beer or I'm already drunk)

My favorites are the ones that have a tad bit of a bitter taste, I really hate the sweet ones.

- easiest to drink: Heineken, Stella Artois, Zipfer

- favorites: Ottakringer (Austrian), Budweiser (the original czech beer), Leffe (belgian).

I quit drinking beer about 3 years ago, I used to have at least a beer every other day, but nowadays I only drink it at live concerts, festivals.

Mmmmm, BEER!!! Yes, i love beer for sure. Havent tried many (turned 21 in august) but I sure drink it a lot. DIT (drunk in training). My two favorite beers at the moment are Corona and Coors. I want to try more down the road but for now my taste buds are in love with those two.

Veronika XX

Attachments

• funny beer-glass.jpg
    funny beer-glass.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 220
  • funny booby-beer.jpg
    funny booby-beer.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 220
  • funny beer-better.jpg
    funny beer-better.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 220
  • funny beer-question.jpg
    funny beer-question.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 220
  • funny beer sq budweiser.png
    funny beer sq budweiser.png
    254 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: emptiedglass
RogueWarrior said:
I like beer. Not a wine connoisseur, don't understand the allure of hard liquor except as a mental/psychological lubricant. Not condemning those who have other tastes, just want to start a thread that celebrates beer. There are folks from all over the world on here, so I would like to get their opinions. As an American, the dumb masses gravitate towards what can be called "American pisswater," i.e. Bud, Coors, Miller.

I'll start with one of my favorites. From the New Belgian Brewing Company in Fort Collins, CO, most recognizable as the brewers of Fat Tire. 1554. It's fairly rich and heavy, not for an afternoon/evening of heavy consumption. A dark beer with hints of coffee and chocolate, almost a mocha flavor.

For more info: http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.a ... 80c8d465d8

Yeah, I'm a bit of a beer snob, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Look forward to your recommendations
Fat tire is one of my new fav's as well. It's a pale ale, which I like, usually heavier then a lager, but smooth as far as the hops/malt combo. IPA's generally use much more hops/malts, and can be very flavorful and spicy.

Fat Tire also has 5.2% alcohol which is nice. If you like Fat tire, try Smithwicks (by guiness). Watney's red barrel and double diamond are a couple good english pale ales to try. Newcastle brown ale is nice. The micro's have a ton of pale ales out too which is nice.

I also like Guiness which is darker ofc, but try Guiness Black, which is in the middle. It's very good. I tend to like the yeast Beers too, which you can live off of. Try a Weiss or even Chimay ale (made by trappist monks). You'll see chunks of yeast floating down after you pour it. mmmmmmmm.

But like a lot of you, I still keep some cheap lager beer at all times. I'll go a little nicer sometimes in the keg in my basement (music studio), but usually stock one of the ice beers in the garage. I'll have a few beers when I'm cutting the lawn or something. I've been getting Icehouse (5.9%) 30 packs from my local grocery store at $10.99, so I'll keep a couple 30 packs out in the garage.

Anyhow ....... cheers!

I've been stuck on Shocktop's Rasberry Wheat lately. It is delicious.

I hate beer to tell you the truth. That said I recently tried Bud Lite StrawBerRita. That was rather tasty.

Attachments

• Bud Light Lime STRAWBERITA.preview.jpg
    Bud Light Lime STRAWBERITA.preview.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: VeeValencia
There's a local brewery that makes some nice beers. My two favourites are Granville Island Raspberry Ale (perfect in spring/summer) and Granville Island Winter Ale.

I generally prefer a dark beer, but I have never been able to do Guiness.. that tastes like liking dirt.

I do love cheap shitty beer when I'm camping for some reason. I just think it's part of camping. I'll usually bring some Canadian or Kokanee and I refuse to drink that crap normally :lol:

NicoleRiley said:
I generally prefer a dark beer, but I have never been able to do Guiness.. that tastes like liking dirt.

First time I tried Guinness I thought someone took a box of wooden matches, let them burn down to ashes. Then mixed the ashes in a quart of house paint. Thick gross burnt taste pretty much sums up my thoughts on that product. :?

Reactions: NicoleRiley
JerryBoBerry said:
I hate beer to tell you the truth.

If I only possessed a banhammer..................

Reactions: NicoleRiley
JerryBoBerry said:
NicoleRiley said:

First time I tried Guinness I thought someone took a box of wooden matches, let them burn down to ashes. Then mixed the ashes in a quart of house paint. Thick gross burnt taste pretty much sums up my thoughts on that product. :?

Argh, I've got no more than 1/8 Irish in me, but people who make statements like that deserve to spend eternity drinking Bud Light while watching Real Housewives, and feasting on Velveeta cheese and stale saltines. Guinness is one of the finest beers on the planet. Fortunately, you are young and since you figured out that girls don't have cooties there is hope for you to acquire better taste. :snooty:

Reactions: Throbbin_One
HiGirlsRHot said:
JerryBoBerry said:
NicoleRiley said:

Argh, I've got no more than 1/8 Irish in me, but people who make statements like that deserve to spend eternity drinking Bud Light while watching Real Housewives, and feasting on Velveeta cheese and stale saltines. Guinness is one of the finest beers on the planet. Fortunately, you are young and since you figured out that girls don't have cooties there is hope for you to acquire better taste. :snooty:
I 'might' be older than you know... :whistle: Let us just say the first computer program i wrote was on a Commodore Vic 20.

JerryBoBerry said:
Just say the first computer program i wrote was on a Commodore Vic 20.

Young whippersnappers get off my lawn :mrgreen: . I wrote programs for HP 45 calculators, IMSAI 8080, and Apple II, all before the Vic was a wet dream.. Actually if you go to the Computer Museum in Mountain View, CA, you'll find my name on a couple of the donated computers. :geek: Yes I expected you were younger, but Bud Lite StrawBerRita :shock:

My fave Mexican beer are : Corona, Modelo ,Dos XX and Victoria.

I also like Heineken..even tho I feel like it gets me drunk too quick lol which I might not like all the time.

I decided to make my own six pack the other night tho..and try beer I had never have before..took this pic of them..surprisingly all of them but one where really good. :dance:

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 166
A few weeks ago I went to a beer tasting everybody brought a beer or two to try. We ended up with almost 30 beers, and I don't think any of us had tried more than dozen or so of the beers. By limiting ourselves to a 1/3 of a glass or less we managed to get through round 1 and still be able to write and vaguely remember our favorites. The finals which featured 6 of the top beers were a bit fuzzier, but there was remarkable consensus for the top 3

#3 Deschutes Brewery (Oregon) Black Butter Porter
#2 Mission Brewery (San Diego, CA) IPA (India Pale ale)
#1 Alpine Alp (A Belgian brewery)

Whole Foods ended up providing most of the beers and while I am not big Whole Foods fans it turns out there beer rating system is pretty good.

Reactions: Throbbin_One
My go to lager for when I'm watching sport or just got in form work is, Kronenbourg 1664. Its easy to drink, and you can get it nice and cold.

I also really like a couple of Aussie beers: Coopers Pale & Coopers Sparkling Ale and James Boags.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/491/2128
http://www.coopers.com.au/?coopers150=t ... rkling-ale

In the winter time I tend to drink more Beer (traditional type ale for all you non UKers out there) rather than larger as its not as cold. Some of favourite beers are:

Doombar.
Brains SA.
Timothy Taylor Landlord.

I chuckle to myself every time I got to the bar and ask as for " A pint of Doom / Brains please" :-D

JerryBoBerry said:
NicoleRiley said:

What does it say about me that I consider Guinness to be a little weak and watery?

lordmagellan said:
What does it say about me that I consider Guinness to be a little weak and watery?

If you can find it, try Guinness Foreign Extra. That's the good stuff, IMO. Note: *not* the "extra stout", which in the US at least is brewed for Guinness by Labatt's in Toronto and doesn't taste anything like Guinness. It's a shame, because that was a decent beer when it was being imported from Dublin. Actually... it's still a decent beer. Reminds me of the discontinued Labatt's Velvet Cream Stout. It's just not Guinness.

capslock said:
I'm really lucky to live in Milwaukee where there's a huge beer culture and where Pabst and Miller are brewed. I love Lakefront, a small local brewery, which has a great red ale called Fixed Gear. Whenever I'm not in the mood for something specific, I always leave the liquor store with Fixed Gear in hand.

My other two favorite beers are Bell's Two Hearted and Southern Tier's 2X IPA. New Holland and Foster's are my favorite breweries overall.

I threw an "Octobeer" party last year, celebrating the new season with all the autmn/Octoberfest beers and it was great. I look forward to throwing one every year now. I attached a picture of my fridge!
Hey, I'm a flatlander or FIB, whatever your preference ..... :) But I had to stay up near Madison at my sisters for a while, and all I can say is I love Woodmans!!!!!!! The grocery side is awesome, but the Woodmans liquor store is wonderful. Your right, I did notice that WI has a ton of micro brewery stuff, and I could try literally hundreds of cool pale ales or whatever I wanted. Very nice indeed! Oh, and I Love the "made that day" cheese curds. In my best 'Red Robin' voice .... Yummmmmmmmmmm!

HiGirlsRHot said:
A few weeks ago I went to a beer tasting everybody brought a beer or two to try. We ended up with almost 30 beers, and I don't think any of us had tried more than dozen or so of the beers. By limiting ourselves to a 1/3 of a glass or less we managed to get through round 1 and still be able to write and vaguely remember our favorites. The finals which featured 6 of the top beers were a bit fuzzier, but there was remarkable consensus for the top 3

#3 Deschutes Brewery (Oregon) Black Butter Porter
#2 Mission Brewery (San Diego, CA) IPA (India Pale ale)
#1 Alpine Alp (A Belgian brewery)

Whole Foods ended up providing most of the beers and while I am not big Whole Foods fans it turns out there beer rating system is pretty good.
Hey, what's up, man? I've got a Whole Foods near me, but I don't go much cuz I have a http://www.marianos.com that's closer. :) I will, however, pay some attention to Whole Foods next time and try your recommendations. Cheers!

*** Amber, you need a good cheers emote :p

Attachments

• funny beer taste the rainbow beerstore.jpg
    funny beer taste the rainbow beerstore.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 87
  • funny beer 41 mpg.jpg
    funny beer 41 mpg.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 87
  • funny beer abs.jpg
    funny beer abs.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 87
  • funny beer no beer.jpg
    funny beer no beer.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Nordling
Tröegs of Hershey, PA makes some great beers/ales. I recommend them all except for Dreamweaver Wheat, which tastes like someone accidentally dropped a huge potpourri in it. I don't like potpourri. A friend of mine married a girl who put it everywhere, and he was never heard from again.

Attachments

• funny beer -  bastards.jpg
    funny beer - bastards.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 68
  • funny Beer_Is_Like.jpg
    funny Beer_Is_Like.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 68
Bud9752, the, Beer is like pouring smiles on your brain. sign you posted is exactly how I feel when I get a chance to drink the micro brew beers that I truly love.
I am very lucky to live in the Pacific North West because it is only a few hours drive from where I live to go to many of these breweries .http://placemapper.com/maps/brewmap.htm
With Freemont, Maritimepacific, and Roslyn.brewery's holding place in my top five right now.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
I love trying new beer and this thread has been great. Recently I've enjoyed The old aussie James Squire Golden Ale. Last night I drank a German lager - Paulander and that was nice too.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
Status
Not open for further replies.