AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best Andriod Phones?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two Android phones that I've had in my life were an LG G3 (current) and a Samsung Galaxy 3. I love the LG and hear that the G5 is pretty great... would be my recommendation. I need to upgrade soon :p

The two Android phones that I've had in my life were an LG G3 (current) and a Samsung Galaxy 3. I love the LG and hear that the G5 is pretty great... would be my recommendation. I need to upgrade soon :p

I'm going the prepaid route.
Are Kyocera phones good?

Prepaid certainly makes a difference. Whereas a contract buyer will get stuck with a phone that hasn't had an update for years, you can pick up the $20 flavor of the day and give the old one to a nephew as a mp3 player/wifi Angry Bird tosser.

Kyocera's had a long track record in making decent phones, not familiar at all with their Android offerings. You ask what the best Android phones are which, already coming from a smartphone platform, makes me think you want it to be more than a txt device with a web browser. To really answer your question an idea of your use would be helpful. If you need your phone to have a kickass camera that's a whole different game. If battery life is your main need, or something else?

If you're going to stick with an Android phone for some time the Nexus line is damn near a sanity check. Even if you root your phone and keep up with custom ROMs they'll run out - mine did years ago (a grand total of 2 manufacturer updates). No models from Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, etc get updates as frequently or long as the Nexus line. With the abominable state of security updates on Android I no longer suggest an Android phone to anyone keeping anything personal on their phone - or doing anything important like logging into their bank.

I fucking hate my Windows phone!
What do you think are the best Android phones?
I'm not interested in ios.

I love my Samsung Galaxy S3. Ive had it for a few years now. I have dropped it on the group 23487623 times (it does have a cover) and even dropped it in a toilet once. :D HAHA I took it apart and put it in a bag of rice (except the battery) and its still kicking strong! Plus, there are so many fun games/apps available to an android!

Insider tip from when I used to work for Verizon:

Go to phonescoop.com. On the top left, put in the search bar any phone you're interested in. You can compare specs for different phones, see actual reviews from users, and make an educated decision from your findings.

Nexus 6P for sure

Nexus 6P ... that's what i have, I had a Nexus 5 and 4 before that.. Best phones ever. Stock android is the best experience. I'd also recommend getting Google as your phone company. Check out Project Fi

My last two phones have been HTC models and I really like them. Smartphones are pretty good anymore. Find a user interface you like and go with that manufacturer.

Unless you need the latest and greatest, you can save money by buying last year's model.

Reactions: Zoomer and Sevrin
I used to have a samsung galaxy... it was ok for a while

What, exactly, do you need it for? What are you wanting to do with it?

You've asked "what's the best", then you keep asking "is this any good?" - are you looking for the best, or are you looking for something that'll do and is within budget? You can't ask one question, then keep asking others as your first question wasn't what you really want to hear?

Most lines do a budget (mini) version. I personally like HTC, but as has already been brought up, updates are an issue for most smart phones. For that reason, I probably will be going nexus next.

I could have upgraded to the latest HTC set, and god knows it is very nice (although there's another line which is almost as great). However. for the cost there is no point. I read the papers on my phone, I use whatsapp, I use email, and the camera. I have never played games on it, I've not watched videos on it, I've only recently started listening to music on it (despite HTC lines having some of the best sound around imo).

So with that information I realised I don't need an $800 smart phone (UK Prices are always 50-80% higher than US for exactly the same item). I just need something reasonable that'll last - as my HTC One is now... 3 years old? 4 years? I will therefore use it until it dies and get something both "budget" (i.e. mini line) and something that's kept up to fricken date.

So rather than ask what's the best, before then asking about brands/models I've never heard of (so I'm assuming you've a budget here) - why not be honest? What are you after (budget wise) and what do you want to use it for?. There are millions of "review" sites out there to check out what/which are the best. You can find that information out no problem. But if you want users opinion, list what you want to use it for and then perhaps you may find better answers. Or at least not answers that you completely ignore whilst asking about models we've never heard of and therefore have no opinion on.

I love my galaxy s6. As for colour, the true black is real
I definately recommend.

I personally have a Galaxy S5. Great sound (I don't even have to use my external speaker to hear the music while I'm in the shower). Pretty good battery life. Super easy learning curve. And it has never given me any reason to dislike it.

My boyfriend has the S6 ACTIVE. He was in a tremendous car wreck a few months ago where the car was totaled. Smashed into another vehicle at over 100 mph, bounced across the road, pingponging from guardrail to guardrail, then wrapping itself around a tree. They had to winch the car off from around the tree just to use the jaws of life to get him out. His car was FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKED. The front axle was completely ripped out and in the backseat/trunk. Everything in it was demolished. The only thing in the car that was salvageable? His phone. It worked PERFECTLY. Not a scratch on it, nothing.

(In case you're wondering: He's alive, and is back to being fine now, despite the doctors telling his mom that he wouldn't survive and would DEFINITELY never walk again if he did. He's Wolverine, apparently. But I wanted to share that story because of how badass his phone is. They won't put things like that in commercials [understandably so!], but that phone is indestructible!)

They won't put things like that in commercials [understandably so!], but that phone is indestructible!)

Your post reminded me of this video for that phone. (it's the puck)

Reactions: TacoBelle
What, exactly, do you need it for? What are you wanting to do with it?

You've asked "what's the best", then you keep asking "is this any good?" - are you looking for the best, or are you looking for something that'll do and is within budget? You can't ask one question, then keep asking others as your first question wasn't what you really want to hear?

Most lines do a budget (mini) version. I personally like HTC, but as has already been brought up, updates are an issue for most smart phones. For that reason, I probably will be going nexus next.

I could have upgraded to the latest HTC set, and god knows it is very nice (although there's another line which is almost as great). However. for the cost there is no point. I read the papers on my phone, I use whatsapp, I use email, and the camera. I have never played games on it, I've not watched videos on it, I've only recently started listening to music on it (despite HTC lines having some of the best sound around imo).

So with that information I realised I don't need an $800 smart phone (UK Prices are always 50-80% higher than US for exactly the same item). I just need something reasonable that'll last - as my HTC One is now... 3 years old? 4 years? I will therefore use it until it dies and get something both "budget" (i.e. mini line) and something that's kept up to fricken date.

So rather than ask what's the best, before then asking about brands/models I've never heard of (so I'm assuming you've a budget here) - why not be honest? What are you after (budget wise) and what do you want to use it for?. There are millions of "review" sites out there to check out what/which are the best. You can find that information out no problem. But if you want users opinion, list what you want to use it for and then perhaps you may find better answers. Or at least not answers that you completely ignore whilst asking about models we've never heard of and therefore have no opinion on.
I would use it mostly for streaming and calling/texting.

Status
Not open for further replies.