AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best gifts you've received

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoBelle

Cam Model
Apr 29, 2012
In honor of @YelloMit's thread on the worst gifts ever, I thought it would be fun to make a thread about the best or most memorable (in a good way!) gifts you've received.

I tend to forget a lot of presents that I've gotten throughout the years, but I would say some of them that REALLY stood out to me were

1) A star named after me. Super cheesy, but it's such a cute idea!
2) Harry Potter gifts specially-wrapped to look like a Snitch & a shirt/tie/robe in Gryffindor colors, along with a ticket for Platform 9 3/4 in a special envelope sealed with a wax stamp.

Cash. Cold and hard. Just how I like it. :giggle:

Memorable ones a necklace from a bf that was just thought out and perfect for me for xmas. Small, simple, and silver. I gotten many jewelry purchased for me from guys who were just wrong...so so wrong. Like if they knew me at they would know how bad it was. Large, gaudy, gold, or flashy. Not me at all.

And same bf as above 2 years later drove 3 hours to get me an Ipod for xmas cause it was the only place that had one left at the time. It was the 60 GB one with Sting on the cover of the box that was just released and was hella expensive. We still use it now and share it.

7th b-day and my only good one as a kid I got a box of kittens. 3 of them. I was quickly told only one was mine but I got first dibs and it was still awesome. I also got a giant chocolate cake which was a surprise cause normally the cake was stuff my parents liked only.

Everyone in my family is hard to buy for, so we usually just ask what each other wants (within some kind of budget) and buy it. Christmas is fun, but since growing up and being able to purchase my own things, kind of stale. I tend to pick a few things I already want within a budget and not buy it for myself. But a number of years ago I had asked my parents for Guitar hero 3. Yeah, a silly thing to think it was the best gift ever, but that's not the important part. It was the hot item at the time so they were able to get away with saying "sorry, we weren't able to get it for you." but unbeknownst to me (but knownst to them) they had perfectly acquired a copy and hid it away from me. And when they brought it out on Christmas morning it was like being a child again. "WHAT? YOU WERE ABLE TO GET IT? YESSSSSSS!"

*My BF named A Star after me- Loved it

*My Mom gave me Cash one year for Xmas that paid my rent for 2 months (one of the best gifts ever)

*My Brother came home and surprised us for Easter *he's military* so it was an awesome gift

*My Kitchen Aid Mixer

My best gift as a child was a stereo/cd player. We were extremely poor at that time and I have 4 siblings so it was so unexpected and awesome and I was so grateful for it.

Then after that was when I was sixteen I got a prada bag from my brother. I didn't even know was Prada was lol. He got it for me because we went through a lot of family stuff, and he took a lot of his anger out on us, especially me, and he wrote me the sweetest note and put it in the bag when I got it on Christmas. I still have the note put away. He worked pretty much every day after school and I know it took him a while to save up for that and it meant a lot to me.

Then after my grandma (who i was named after) passed away a few years ago, she had this cedar trunk at the end of her bed. My uncle said that he knew when she passed she wanted us to look inside of it. There was all kinds of things from our family history in there. There was this really old Bulova watch in it's case from the 50's and it had a note inside of it. It was dated when I was only 3 years old and it said my grandpa gave it to her on their wedding day and that she wanted me to have it. :)

Not terribly romantic but my bf got me a 64 a couple years ago for Christmas after my old one got jacked by someone lol, he knows me well... now I can whoop people in Smash Bros.

I think the best gifts are the ones that continue to remind you of the person who gave it to you, and bring back memories of them. The actual nature of the gift is secondary. About 30 years ago, I received a clock-radio from my ex-Mother-in-Law, and that was after my Ex and I had already separated. I had remained on good terms with the family, and am still on good terms with my Ex, too, although mostly by email, since we don't live near each other.

It still works and I think of this amazing lady who passed last fall often because of this gift I still see and use every day. I have a few household items like that which have seen better days, but don't want to replace them with something "better" because they were gifts from people I still care about and who, in some cases are no longer with us, these things remind me of them.

My bestie bought me tickets to see ministry for my birthday this year, kitty tights & a dope Texas chainsaw massacre t-shirt.
And a $100 ulta gift card for Xmas. She's a great gift-giver. Especially when she's out and about and randomly finds things that remind her of me, like a little orange and black hello kitty bat beanie baby around halloweentime!!

I love her.

I deployed in 2006 to Iraq and most days were a very busy, chaotic, beautiful mess of high stress for me. It was a great experience but I was extremely exhausted, overworked and gloomy for the first few months. During mid-tour I received a package from my sister. My sister is also in the military and she is wiser, smarter, faster, stronger blah blah the favorite of the family haha. She also has a very dorky sense of humor and never finds my wise-ass, sarcastic jokes funny at all. Anyway I'm expecting the package to be filled with sour gummies (my fave, don't judge my taste buds :p) but instead I find a one-thousand paged book titled, "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" by Patricia Schultz o_O

I just stared at the cover for a while then laughed out loud! I was very proud of my sister in that moment she really reached down deep for this very wise-ass type gift! During stressful days I just thought about that book, smiled and thought there is no way I can ever top her. Best gag gift, EVER :hilarious:

I bring it with me sometimes when I travel. It's like my good luck charm!

A teacher gifted me a copy of Ender's Game. At the time, I hated reading. No one had really given me a birthday gift on their own accord before. I was horrified when I discovered the gift was a book. I read it any way. I ended up loving the book, and then I was hooked on reading.

So in short teacher gifts me a book; but they really gave me the gift of loving to reading.

Last edited:
I love my laptop. I love my bicycle. I love my easel. All were gifts, given to me by my parents, and all are incredibly precious to me -- all well-used lifelines of differing sorts.

Reactions: Gen and n_i_c_u
I don't really like receiving gifts - I much prefer giving them

But I tell you what stands out in my mind from the past; getting little hand written notes from someone I loved at the time

My best gift was on my 5th birthday when my Mom adopted a cat for me because I wanted one so bad. This cat was my companion for 16 years of my life (my entire childhood and adolescence) and I'm so grateful to have those beautiful memories ^_^

I think my favorite gift was for my birthday several years ago. My brother bought me a ticket to see Daft Punk. I had never been to a big 'concert' before so I was really excited. He drove 3 hours to pick me up, we went to the show with a few of his friends, had a fun filled birthday weekend, and then he drove 3 hours back to drop me off. I was pretty blown away by his generosity and just having a super rad and thoughtful brother. The show was so much fun and to date is my favorite concert I have ever been to. I know if my other brother was not overseas doing active duty at the time he would have come too.

I just wanna hang out with my brothers! Miss them so much.

Sims game from a former boyfriend-I used to be obsessed with that game! We had just started dating and I didn't even tell him how much I liked that game yet-my best friend must've told him. Also, a really nice card that he wrote me-meant a lot to me because he wasn't the greatest at showing his emotions.

My little sister got me this necklace one day. It's nothing fancy and cheaply made, probably only costs $1 to buy. But she used $1 of her $5 allowance just for me. That really means something.
I keep it with me everywhere I go. It's a reminder of why I have to keep working so hard.
/sappystory

Most useful gift though? A 1992 Nissan Stanza as a university graduation present from my whole family. I drove the fuck out of that thing and if it wasn't for that car I would have never gotten out of my hometown and began this career. I miss it sometimes...

When I was in eighth grade I got accepted to a science & tech magnet school and my parents were super excited because they always wanted me to become an engineer. At the time I was also shooting competitively, consistently ranking pretty high but not always able to place first because I was using older borrowed rifles. My dad got me a russian biathlon rifle as a present for getting accepted into the school because I had just gotten into shooting precision rimfire. They weren't even selling the rifles to america at the time, but my dad harassed enough people apparently. That following year was probably the best of my shooting career and that rifle is still my favorite to shoot.

Super cheesy, but my first boyfriend in high school wrote me a song and recorded it plus all the other songs he used to play for me on guitar and put it on a cd.

My Dad gave me a car for my 18th birthday, same day I got my license. So many fun drives around town, freedom to go anywhere, and the old Nicki Minaj mixtapes were constantly playing in it,
So sad when it crapped out on me....it was like losing a family member :(

In 6th grade I was obsessed with the musical Rent and my aunt bought me tickets to go see it on stage for Christmas. The way she gave it to me was even better. My mom was a single parent and very poor but my aunt and uncle have always been well off so they always tried to make Christmas nice for me. They set out my presents and there were a couple small cheap things and everyone else got the normal awesome stuff. I didn't act disappointed but it was weird to get the things I did. So we go about the rest of the day and then right before my mom and I leave my aunt hands me an envelope with the tickets in it and I must have cried for an hour.

Other best gift was this infinity ring from my best friend that said "friends forever" with these notecards that had all of our inside jokes and all these sweet sayings on them. Notecards were the way we passed each other notes in class so it was really cute!

Childhood years (from my grandmom): When I got the entire collection of Barbie trading cards for Christmas, I went nuts! :)

2000/2001 (from my grandmom): In addition to throwing me a high school graduation party at their house in 2000, in 2001 she got me my first desktop computer (Compaq Presario), along with a computer desk and a swivel computer chair to go into my apartment. THANKS, GRANDMOM AND POP-POP!!!

Mother's Day, 2015 (from my 12-year old son): A mini sewing machine that he got for me with his own money.

Last edited:
I've gotten a couple of fantastic gifts, because even though we didn't have much, my parents always tried to make sure birthdays and Christmas were excellent. But I think the best gift I've ever received was a cat, a year and a half ago sometime between November and December, I don't remember exactly when. I was nearing the end of my pregnancy, and was severely depressed, so that cat was almost a lifeline for me during that last month or so. After the small child was born, what was already bad depression was compounded by postpartum depression, so that cat saved my life, and help me bond with my child, repeatedly.

My best gift was when I got my first computer lol was back in the year 2000 . Windows XP. I remember the big monitor with attatched speakers .. the individual base , scanner and printer .. was £2000 back then!! and I sat for about 2 weeks playing spider solitare until my broadband was installed.

Reactions: DeadCamzzz and Gen
My sister and some other people in my life love to give the gift of experiences. I absolutely adore the opportunity to try new things and spend time with those I love!

Status
Not open for further replies.