AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best way to ask for tip for PM without being rude?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much :D and I agree!!
I really appreciate hearing viewer and model perspective
Especially what could encourage them to want to go to a room & stay/tip
Any advice to myself & other new models is really helpful . :)
I didn't realize how important the thumbnail (preview of what your cam looks like, for those who may not know)
was, until I found out that my thumbnail was just me typing at the most awkward angles....lol
Once I started mostly standing and moving around during my shows, I noticed people coming in more.
It wasn't even something I had thought about.

Also, all the PM & viewing/'cam to cam' requests may have been because they saw that's what I was doing at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoothie
I didn't realize how important the thumbnail (preview of what your cam looks like, for those who may not know)
was, until I found out that my thumbnail was just me typing at the most awkward angles....lol
Once I started mostly standing and moving around during my shows, I noticed people coming in more.
It wasn't even something I had thought about.

Also, all the PM & viewing/'cam to cam' requests may have been because they saw that's what I was doing at the time.

One of the models I visit, after we discussed thumbnail images, she started sitting on the bed during her downtime/“chat time” instead of sitting right in front of the camera. Now, even when she’s not very active, her thumbnail still looks different from the others. And she’s getting more traffic. It sounds almost too simple, but members are making fast decisions based on those little images.

You may be right about the DM thing, too. The guys who are big on DMs probably have a good idea what it looks like when a model is busy in her DMs and figured you enjoyed it (or at least tolerated it, lol).

So normally in all-things-life I am painfully irreverent. So I struggle to play it cool when we have a stream cruising along; tippers tipping per-menu; then comes the hungry/cheap viewer who starts with the, "PM!!... PVT!!!.... c2c!!!!...."

Now, I'm a huge fan of fairness, and of giving people the benefit of the doubt whenever possible, so I don't just assume that this person is being a pushy cheapskate based off the first attempt. On the first attempt we do try and handle it as politely as possible via public chat thread with something along the lines of "PM's are listed on the tip menu babe!" But once those efforts go unreceived my irreverent instinct is to respond with something rather tactful, such as a LMGTFY link to a "How to read/follow simple instructions" tutorial somewhere.

Alas I refrain. As we dont want to chase off any potential spending viewers, my wife/co-performer & I decided upon the casually passive-aggressive approach.

HungryMan1234: "PM PM PM!!"

Us: "Hey! ...we'd love to PM with ya! Is the tip menu working correctly on your end, or is it broken again..?"

...obviously our tip menu is ALWAYS working properly, and "...or is it broken again?" is totally BS! But this way we (at least we think.?) seem to be covering the two most important bases in this situation, and all in one quick response (Side note: Making whatever your response is to this question a hotkey response is a great time saver)..

We have as politely as possible:
-Pointed out that PM's ain't free!
-Ensured that this viewer doesn't feel ignored (they're fragile beings...), and also offered him the "broken menu" scapegoat, both hopefully preventing him/her from unfollowing or giving a thumbs down.

We also have one of our bots (All In One I think?) set up to repeat in niceee bigggg bollddddd font "25tk Minimum for PM!!" message, and also "10tk Minimum for ALL Requests!!" message. Repeats every 7-8min I think. So far since running those revolving messages we have definitely noticed fewer instances of dealing with jerks, and no noticeable negative responses/feedback or effects.

We dabbled in the option where viewers have to tip to chat at all. Even having it set super low like 2tk to allow chatting really just seemed like a great way to empty a room. I'm especially disappointed by the ghosting this option creates bc the voyeur in me has absolutely no issue whatsoever with tipping a few tokens to be allowed to chat with the model/room. I think thats a really reasonable expectation from either model/viewer perspective but I can also understand why it chases people off too.

That's all cool and all, and I hope it helps or you find it useful, but there's definitely a flip-side to this way of thinking...

There is an entire internet's-worth of total jerks and cheap horny people who simply have absolutely no intention of playing by the rules, tipping, behaving respectfully, etc. Being able to identify them quickly when you have one in your midst and blocking/banning them before them have the chance to do you any unjustified disservice is a great way to prevent negative reviews/votes/feedback bc then they wont be allowed to vote on you, and I'm not 100% sure how it works on CB (still CB newbs here), but I know on other modeling sites when as the model you block/ban a member, their votes (good and/or bad) are subtracted. Obviously you want to be super careful not to eliminate or upset anyone who is or may become a good customer, but there is a school of thought where you value your time as a whole and the time it takes to coax an a**hole through an publicly exposed and incredibly simple process such as tipping to PM, who is eating up time without tipping anything, is taking time away from smooth-talking other would-be-tippers out of their tokens. So not only are you working for free for every second you're dealing with that, but you're also missing out on making money elsewhere. So since its kinda like getting hit in the wallet twice, they gotta go!

Muting greys has been very helpful in terms of spreading our time around efficiently while steaming.

It'd be great if CB implemented (or someone made a bot/app that does it.. maybe there already is one? please lmk if you know of one!!) a security-check type option where you can block all new viewers from ALL chat unless they click a box indicating that they understand Tips=PM's. Even just a customizable checkbox option that you can set to manage any form of viewer-requirement really!

But yeah! Hope some of this helps!

Cheers!

Reactions: mike_aussie
I think you have touched on something very important here! We draw folks in when we are doing the special thing they like. So when you talk about, hype up, and show off what you enjoy doing, clients who also enjoy those things will show up. And that's what creates the environment for a happy performer to thrive in with their happy clients. Win-win.

Personally I hardly ever pm. Except to discuss a private or a custom, I can't think of anything that couldn't be said in public chat.
And I never pay for pm's. I gather, if I have to pay, she probably doesn't like it so I simply don't. However, often models with payment for pm's are not very consistant; One model I visited, had a payment of 20 tokens for pm. I tip her 9 for a handkiss I believe. 2 seconds later, I get a pm from her.

There's one model I visit that only talks in pm's (Eastern Europe model). Even said she prefers that. She's constantly typing and laughing to these messages. It's a bit annoying not seeing what she responds to.
She could do so much more in her room other than typing which would be much more interesting for viewers.

I've learned over the years that each model is different in how they prefer to communicate. Those with difficulties speaking in English prefer PM, or type in the room. Others, just let it go however it may. I go with the flow of the room and model's preference. More often than not, it's public chat. But, if the model reaches out to me via PM, I'm cool with it. Ironically, even if there's a lot of activity in the room and I'm actively engaging in chat there, the model almost always has a side conversation going with me in PM.

Doesn't matter if I've tipped for PM privs or not, I always do my best to tip and acknowledge her time there. Lately I've seen more people in the chat rooms making demands, compliments, etc and don't visibly tip. I was in a room on MFC the other day and two guys started in or it about how the other isn't tipping. Ironically, neither of their names showed up as tippers. I kind of got a laugh at it because I'm a silent, hidden or private/ninja tipper myself and was thinking they're accusing the other of not tipping. But, the sad part is that it detracted from the room. :(

And I never pay for pm's. I gather, if I have to pay, she probably doesn't like it so I simply don't. However, often models with payment for pm's are not very consistant; One model I visited, had a payment of 20 tokens for pm. I tip her 9 for a handkiss I believe. 2 seconds later, I get a pm from her.

There's one model I visit that only talks in pm's (Eastern Europe model). Even said she prefers that. She's constantly typing and laughing to these messages. It's a bit annoying not seeing what she responds to.
She could do so much more in her room other than typing which would be much more interesting for viewers.

I’m the same with paying for PMs. I take it as a hint that she doesn’t like to do it. But sometimes I’ll get PMed anyway - usually because the model is already familiar with me or I’ve tipped for something different. Some models like to PM but limit it to tippers only, regardless of what you’ve tipped for. Which I can understand.

And like you, I visit one model that prefers to PM instead of chat. It’s definitely not the norm, and it can make her chat seem very dead even while she’s typing and laughing away. I get the sense it’s her way of controlling which members she interacts with, while making it more difficult for the members she ignores to know they’ve been specifically ignored. I dunno.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Status
Not open for further replies.