AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best way to ask for tip for PM without being rude?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lovelylaura,

Thank you so much for your reply & very nice to meet you! :) Hope you are having a great day :D

It would annoy me as well! I put my rules in my bio and I have noticed the same, a lot of people don't read them. I wonder why? If visiting another chat, I try to always be considerate and read/follow their rules.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992
Sadly, a lot of people won't even read the topic at the top of a room. Or, they may read it and still disregard it.

Hi Lovelylaura,

Thank you!! :D I am so sorry that happened to you. :( Some guests can definitely be challenging.

Upon reflecting back, I think this may have possibly been what happened to me.
Sometimes I don't always see their PM right away, and then by the time I notice it is there and answer they have left. :(

I prefer private for longer conversations too, because it is so much easier to keep up. Maybe I should specify more
that it is per PM in the public chat and long conversations are preferred in private.

I have seen a lot of that happening so far, so I'm working on being polite...but also firm when they try.
I'm trying my best to show that I value the audience, but I also value & respect myself.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

:h:

Ultimately, you'll find something that works best for you. There are a number of us members who do appreciate a model's time, and respect it. While I do have PM privileges with the models I regularly visit, I still limit the amount of PMs I do with them out of respect so as to not distract them from the room. Another thing I do is hidden tip notes, on MFC it's 5 tokens minimum per tip note. Many times, if I want to send the model a message but not want a reply, I'll do it via tip note. Multiple benefits here as it allows me to send her a private tip note that the room can't see, it's a much better way to show that I appreciated something she did or of her, she generally sees the message much faster than if it was hidden in a PM along with all the others. And, it leaves it up to the model of if she wants to send me a PM in response. Many times, I'll get a response in PM thanking me for it, or a slight tease. I might respond, but usually just leave it since most don't need one.

That might be something worth trying is letting members know you really like to hear what they say in tip notes. I know a number of models have it where they say no sexual comments, gifs/images visible in the room but they're welcome in tip notes.

• Hugs
Reactions: DoD404 and ava1992
Hi ForceTen,

Thank you so much!! :D

That really helped, and I think I will try the tip note thing.
It is always enjoyable to hear what people have to say! :D I've gotten some really nice tip notes.

I have noticed the good guests really are more common, and I'm so thankful for them! They make my experience fun.

As a model, I am always grateful for that! :)
It is so nice when someone is mindful of my time, and always noticed. :D

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

the only time i pm for no cost is if they ask about a pvt show so i am able to gather all the information privately about what they want in the pvt show. i also prefer to talk with them in pms during pvt shows because of the apps and bots i always end up missing something they say. however i am not very consistent with my tip menu it changes weekly and sometimes if my room is dead and someone asks i will but if they get spammy i just ignore and they leave. however i did notice my pms distracting me from public chat and decided to make it on the tip menu and just put 11tks PM if you think im cute and never have had any issues with that so far bbut stuill gets a bit confusing because some dont want the pm but always show appreciation

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992
Hi everyone! :) Hope your day is going well.

I apologise if there are any duplicate threads about this topic. Also, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I tried to put it in the category I thought was best.
Note: If this is something I need to wait to post about until I'm approved for "models only" I totally understand and will take it down.

I am somewhat new to camming, but have experience as an exotic dancer and nude model.
I really enjoy camming so far. I am so grateful for all the info available here! :D

My question to experienced cam models is, what is the best way to ask for tips for PM's during chat without seeming rude or dismissive? Am I doing the right thing?

My tip menu is 18 tokens per PM, unless they are in my fan club.

The reason I do this is because my chat gets busy sometimes,
and it's hard to keep up with the PM.

This is partially on me, I have a short attention span and don't really have a "way with words."
I would rather talk than type.

I got two thumbs down recently with no feedback.
I think they might be because I tell guests who ask for a PM that it's on my tip menu.
Note: these are guests with tokens, I have grey chat turned off.

Sometimes guests (not in my fan club, and not regulars) come by and say "PM me" and tip one token, or do not tip at all first. I don't PM them. My reply is usually :

"Hi! How are you? Thank you for stopping by. :) PM is on my tip menu! Looking forward to chatting more ;)."

I used to PM all who asked my first few broadcasts. Sadly, my PM would get so overwhelmed it was hard to focus on the chat, especially when it got busy. I found it
took up -a lot- of my time, so I added it to my tip menu.

Most guests don't have a problem with it and are very understanding.

They usually either leave, or tip then we PM.

But a few thought that was a rude and dismissive response.
My question is - is it,? And if so, what is a better way to let them know (without lowering my price.) ?

The last thing I want to do is come across as dismissive or rude. I really care about my viewers and want to do the right thing.

Thanks so much!

xoxo,

Pearls/
PrettyArtist1992
hey swetie, so happy for u, wish u many luck :h:
Honesty i preffer to not do PM at all, cause , some member tipers on cb dont undersand you need be focus, and you need talk to all people in room!. In pm they talk and talk and talk and talk a loooooootttttttttttt lol, so i dont even do pm, normally when they ask me pm, i ask sory and i ask if is ok they put the question in tip note, cause normal the pm they ask is just to say you-- oh you so pretty, mmm show more, mmmm i love u babe, things like that... and to me make me distracted when i awser pm, so i dont do, but this is just me. wish u the best :h: muahhh

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992 and DoD404
but this is just me
no no. Many models have 'pm' with a price in their menu for the same reason and it's very easily understandable for most of honest tippers. Some 'PM price' are high enough to discourage 'free dirty talking', it's your time and your time to listen their fantasies is a big part of what you're selling.
A price for PM combined with silencing dirty talking in a public chat ("dirty talk in tip notice") is a common used recipe for a clean tipping room.

no no. Many models have 'pm' with a price in their menu for the same reason and it's very easily understandable for most of honest tippers. Some 'PM price' are high enough to discourage 'free dirty talking', it's your time and your time to listen their fantasies is a big part of what you're selling.
A price for PM combined with silencing dirty talking in a public chat ("dirty talk in tip notice") is a common used recipe for a clean tipping room.
I mean, for me its not good do PM.,cause the member who tip, can write you on tip note, or if he need something more special, can allways ask for private, like 50 tokens is 2,5dolar for a model, and sometimes the guy who ask pm, never end the conversation, cause he need atencion, and model focus on that atencion he need, and lost other people in room.. but is just my opinion, about what i think for me!! :h:

• Hugs
Reactions: ava1992 and DoD404
It might even be easier to just straight up tell them the PM price instead of saying it's on the tip menu because I know that a lot of members don't read tip menus lmao. When people in my room say things like "PM me", I tell them "PMs are x tokens" and I say the same to premium members who message me without tipping.

It might even be easier to just straight up tell them the PM price instead of saying it's on the tip menu because I know that a lot of members don't read tip menus lmao. When people in my room say things like "PM me", I tell them "PMs are x tokens" and I say the same to premium members who message me without tipping.

Hi MissVendelay,

Thank you so much for your reply! I am thinking I will try that - I have noticed they tend not to read things either! LOL

Best,

Pearls/PrettyArtist1992 :)

I mean, for me its not good do PM.,cause the member who tip, can write you on tip note, or if he need something more special, can allways ask for private, like 50 tokens is 2,5dolar for a model, and sometimes the guy who ask pm, never end the conversation, cause he need atencion, and model focus on that atencion he need, and lost other people in room.. but is just my opinion, about what i think for me!! :h:

Hi VivianFromEU,

Thank you so much for replying! :) I appreciate your perspective.

I agree that PM's can take a lot of time and attention. Finding a balance is so important! I love that the site has private shows for that reason. :D

Best,

Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

:h: :)

• Hugs
Reactions: VivianFromEU
hey swetie, so happy for u, wish u many luck :h:
Honesty i preffer to not do PM at all, cause , some member tipers on cb dont undersand you need be focus, and you need talk to all people in room!. In pm they talk and talk and talk and talk a loooooootttttttttttt lol, so i dont even do pm, normally when they ask me pm, i ask sory and i ask if is ok they put the question in tip note, cause normal the pm they ask is just to say you-- oh you so pretty, mmm show more, mmmm i love u babe, things like that... and to me make me distracted when i awser pm, so i dont do, but this is just me. wish u the best :h: muahhh

Thank you so much!!! Good vibes to you & I wish you the best as well :) We got this!

:h: :h: :h: :h: :h:

Reactions: VivianFromEU
the only time i pm for no cost is if they ask about a pvt show so i am able to gather all the information privately about what they want in the pvt show. i also prefer to talk with them in pms during pvt shows because of the apps and bots i always end up missing something they say. however i am not very consistent with my tip menu it changes weekly and sometimes if my room is dead and someone asks i will but if they get spammy i just ignore and they leave. however i did notice my pms distracting me from public chat and decided to make it on the tip menu and just put 11tks PM if you think im cute and never have had any issues with that so far bbut stuill gets a bit confusing because some dont want the pm but always show appreciation

Hi fiomacrimsom,

Thank you so much for your reply :D! I like that, it sounds like a great solution. People showing appreciation is always a good thing :)

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

Thank you guys so much for your responses to this thread!
They have helped me so much.

I hope it's ok if I ask a few more questions.
I'm sorry if this has been asked a lot before, or if it's off topic.
If you would prefer, I can start a new thread!

So, I'm happy with how I've been doing on cam!
I find myself mostly reaching my goals, and enjoy camming a lot.
I also have some really amazing regulars that I'm so grateful for! :) :h:

But I always want to improve my show and increase my income.
I know that takes a lot of effort and work, and I'm on cam as much as possible.

Recently, I upgraded my lighting/cam, and plan to do so again soon.

I also got a Domi/Lush, and plan to buy the Ambi, Nora, and Osci by Lovense. Which item of those should I buy first?

*Note: I am VERY mindful while using the items to make sure to also be engaging.

I know it's important to interact and create a good atmosphere in the chat,
not just sit there waiting to be tipped.

I try to not "over react" to the tips as well,
as I know that can be annoying for some viewers.

Also, I don't currently have music in my shows. This is because I am worried about copyright issues. Does anyone know where I can find approved/copyright free background music?
I am looking for a soft, slow "house" or techno sound with no lyrics.

Is there anything else that I should do or buy that will help me create a better show?

What makes a good cam show? And vice versa, what are some mistakes to avoid making as a model?

Sorry if this is annoying or has been asked before! I'm just curious!

Best and thank you!

Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

Last edited:
Also, I don't currently have music in my shows. This is because I am worried about copyright issues. Does anyone know where I can find approved/copyright free background music?
I am looking for a soft, slow "house" or techno sound with no lyrics.

You can play whatever music you like. The only rule regarding music on CB is you can't have them in uploaded videos, and you can't have the song names displayed on screen.

I also got a Domi/Lush, and plan to buy the Ambi, Nora, and Osci by Lovense. Which item of those should I buy first?
Domi/Lush is already good :)
Add all other ones on a wish list on Lovense site xD (they respect all your privacy / tested)

Hi everyone! :) Hope your day is going well.

I apologise if there are any duplicate threads about this topic. Also, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I tried to put it in the category I thought was best.
Note: If this is something I need to wait to post about until I'm approved for "models only" I totally understand and will take it down.

I am somewhat new to camming, but have experience as an exotic dancer and nude model.
I really enjoy camming so far. I am so grateful for all the info available here! :D

My question to experienced cam models is, what is the best way to ask for tips for PM's during chat without seeming rude or dismissive? Am I doing the right thing?

My tip menu is 18 tokens per PM, unless they are in my fan club.

The reason I do this is because my chat gets busy sometimes,
and it's hard to keep up with the PM.

This is partially on me, I have a short attention span and don't really have a "way with words."
I would rather talk than type.

I got two thumbs down recently with no feedback.
I think they might be because I tell guests who ask for a PM that it's on my tip menu.
Note: these are guests with tokens, I have grey chat turned off.

Sometimes guests (not in my fan club, and not regulars) come by and say "PM me" and tip one token, or do not tip at all first. I don't PM them. My reply is usually :

"Hi! How are you? Thank you for stopping by. :) PM is on my tip menu! Looking forward to chatting more ;)."

I used to PM all who asked my first few broadcasts. Sadly, my PM would get so overwhelmed it was hard to focus on the chat, especially when it got busy. I found it
took up -a lot- of my time, so I added it to my tip menu.

Most guests don't have a problem with it and are very understanding.

They usually either leave, or tip then we PM.

But a few thought that was a rude and dismissive response.
My question is - is it,? And if so, what is a better way to let them know (without lowering my price.) ?

The last thing I want to do is come across as dismissive or rude. I really care about my viewers and want to do the right thing.

Thanks so much!

xoxo,

Pearls/
PrettyArtist1992

Hello there! I know I'm showing up a little late to this post but just thought I would give you some advice from my experience. I just want to say that I think it's bullshit that you've gotten a "thumbs down" with no feedback. That's just trolls who are rude and want to take advantage of you. I know this because I too am really nice and would answer all of the PM's when I fiirst started camming and I'm still pretty new I think. I realized soon that I was being too nice and figured out how to take over and not let members run me over! They can spot a nice girl from a mile away!

So what I have been doing for a while now is charging 50 tokens for members to be my friend/PM. They can't even PM unless they are my friend first. So I get members all the time saying, "PM me" which I really HATE when they demand me to do something when it's clearly stated in my topic AND my whiteboard why I even charge 50 for PM/friend. I tell them that I like to talk dirty and can only do that if they send me that fee first. Then they can always come back and chat whenever. Which usually when they do, they will at least tip some whille chatting with me because thatt's taking up your time you know?

Last thing, I also like to talk on the group chat instead of PM because members like to see you interact with them and not just PM with a bunch of members.

Hope that helps!

Hello there! I know I'm showing up a little late to this post but just thought I would give you some advice from my experience. I just want to say that I think it's bullshit that you've gotten a "thumbs down" with no feedback. That's just trolls who are rude and want to take advantage of you. I know this because I too am really nice and would answer all of the PM's when I fiirst started camming and I'm still pretty new I think. I realized soon that I was being too nice and figured out how to take over and not let members run me over! They can spot a nice girl from a mile away!

So what I have been doing for a while now is charging 50 tokens for members to be my friend/PM. They can't even PM unless they are my friend first. So I get members all the time saying, "PM me" which I really HATE when they demand me to do something when it's clearly stated in my topic AND my whiteboard why I even charge 50 for PM/friend. I tell them that I like to talk dirty and can only do that if they send me that fee first. Then they can always come back and chat whenever. Which usually when they do, they will at least tip some whille chatting with me because thatt's taking up your time you know?

Last thing, I also like to talk on the group chat instead of PM because members like to see you interact with them and not just PM with a bunch of members.

Hope that helps!

Hi BettyLeeXXX, !

Thank you so much :) I like that!! I also prefer the group chat to PM, it is easier to keep up with.

Best,
Pearls/PrettyArtist1992

Hope that helps!

While a model is free to decide her own prices, 50 tokens is pretty low for a friend add to PM you. Especially where on MFC it's until it's manually removed. I believe @prettyartist1992 is on CB and it's per session (could be wrong as I don't visit CB).

Also, I would highly recommend having Charlesbot (or whatever is used on CB) to say that there's no dirty talk allowed in the room and is welcome in tip notes. This is something I do with models I visit, and with MFC it's 5 token minimum for tip notes (I always do hidden tip amounts and tip notes or just ninja tips. It lets her know I'm respecting her time/attention and she's more willing to indulge me compared to others just talking without tips. Sure it might be a one sided verbal conversation and members don't know what's being said on my end (there can also be multiple people doing this at the same time too). But, makes it more enjoyable, IMO. It isn't a tip for every response, especially if it's vanilla. But, anything remotely dirty it's a tip note.

There's time she might respond to me via PM if it's something she wants only me to know. If so, I might send a quick response in PM. But, it's usually back to what I was doing.

While a model is free to decide her own prices, 50 tokens is pretty low for a friend add to PM you. Especially where on MFC it's until it's manually removed. I believe @prettyartist1992 is on CB and it's per session (could be wrong as I don't visit CB).

Also, I would highly recommend having Charlesbot (or whatever is used on CB) to say that there's no dirty talk allowed in the room and is welcome in tip notes. This is something I do with models I visit, and with MFC it's 5 token minimum for tip notes (I always do hidden tip amounts and tip notes or just ninja tips. It lets her know I'm respecting her time/attention and she's more willing to indulge me compared to others just talking without tips. Sure it might be a one sided verbal conversation and members don't know what's being said on my end (there can also be multiple people doing this at the same time too). But, makes it more enjoyable, IMO. It isn't a tip for every response, especially if it's vanilla. But, anything remotely dirty it's a tip note.

There's time she might respond to me via PM if it's something she wants only me to know. If so, I might send a quick response in PM. But, it's usually back to what I was doing.
[/QUOTE

Hi ForceTen,

Thank you so much for your insight! It is always helpful to see a member perspective :) . I always notice when someone tips and am definitely WAY more willing to indulge it than if they were to type in the chat. I will look into Charlesbot if the site I am on has it :)

Hi ForceTen,

Thank you so much for your insight! It is always helpful to see a member perspective :) . I always notice when someone tips and am definitely WAY more willing to indulge it than if they were to type in the chat. I will look into Charlesbot if the site I am on has it :)

I'm not sure if Charlesbot is available for CB. But, I know there's plenty of bots for CB. Basically it's just to send text to the room with a message. If you're already using something, can probably just add that in there. :)

• Hugs
Thank you so much! I just added it on my "all in one bot" :)

' "Dirty Talk" in tip notes only & must follow site rules! '

Most guests are very considerate and do that anyway luckily! I know I sound like I complain a lot. Most people on the site really are awesome :D

Nah, I dont think you complain at all. It's just trying to figure out what works best for your room. I think when members interact in the room makes for a better dynamic overall. But, there's times where it's nice to be a little naughty between member and model that gives a little more attention. If other members are smart about it, they might pick up on it and tip as well. Overall, a better experience.

Nah, I dont think you complain at all. It's just trying to figure out what works best for your room. I think when members interact in the room makes for a better dynamic overall. But, there's times where it's nice to be a little naughty between member and model that gives a little more attention. If other members are smart about it, they might pick up on it and tip as well. Overall, a better experience.

Thank you, ForceTen ! :)

This forum has been so helpful to me as a (somewhat) new cam model for learning what works. I appreciate your time and feedback so much :D!

I love to interact with my room! I allow everyone except the "greys" to talk and always respond :D We have some great conversations!!

I agree with @ForceTen here @prettyartist1992. None of your posts here come across as complaining. They are quite the opposite: polite and very nice and (probably, since I'm not a model) relevant.

Thank you so much, CheeseMoon! :) That means a lot!

I try my best to ask my questions in a polite and appropriate way. Hoping to get verified for "models only" when I have been active enough. This site has been amazing and I appreciate everybody so much!!

• Hugs
Reactions: CheeseMoon

I'm interested in knowing what's a price that you usually pay for PM on MFC? I've had members tell me several times that's too high or they just won't tip at all for the PM/friend. I guess they are just being cheap. I do use Charlesbot but I don't know how to program it to say, "there's no dirty talk allowed in the room and is welcome in tip notes." Also, I haven't figured out how it can post my topic periodically.

• Hugs
I'm interested in knowing what's a price that you usually pay for PM on MFC? I've had members tell me several times that's too high or they just won't tip at all for the PM/friend. I guess they are just being cheap. I do use Charlesbot but I don't know how to program it to say, "there's no dirty talk allowed in the room and is welcome in tip notes." Also, I haven't figured out how it can post my topic periodically.

Pricing really varies on friend add/PM. On the high end, I think I've paid 400 or 444 for friend adds. I'd guess the average price I've paid is 200-250. There's also been models who include it as a MFCShare club offering, pricing is varied there as well depending upon what's all included. I couldn't say an average price here due to different offerings. But, the most I've paid for a club which included PM was 10K token which also had a lot of other things included (videos, photos, etc). This was a top model I frequented her room very often, and already had PM capabilities with (she granted PM capabilities without my explicitly tipping for it) when I tipped for it.

I can't help with Charlesbot. But, I think there's a thread on how to program it if you do a search for it. :)

On https://charlesbot.com/commands look for Automated Ads

New models reading this - please don't make the same mistakes I did! I used to PM
and watch cams from those that asked me to (with no tip) so much when I was new.

I wondered why I did not get many viewers. I think it was because my thumbnail just looked like I was doing nothing.

It is much easier to get views/tips if people see your thumbnail being active rather than sitting there typing/staring at cams.
I now (proudly!) ask for 31 tokens each for PM and save cam watching for private only.
I set the PM rate high enough that it makes more sense for them to just go private. Now I almost never get PM's.
I noticed I have been doing better since I made these changes, so I wanted to share.

Yes, some people thumbs me down. I learned to not let it affect me. This is so important.

(Actually, I have been getting better ratings lately too.
My theory is that it's possible they saw I was just staring at cams/typing PM's the whole time
and rated down because of that. Not fun to watch somebody type for an hour so I totally understand!
I don't do that anymore though :p)

Thank you to everybody who helped me on here!! :)

Last edited:
New models reading this - please don't make the same mistakes I did! I used to PM
and watch cams from those that asked me to (with no tip) so much when I was new.

I wondered why I did not get many viewers. I think it was because my thumbnail just looked like I was doing nothing.

It is much easier to get views/tips if people see your thumbnail being active rather than sitting there typing/staring at cams.
I now (proudly!) ask for 31 tokens each for PM and save cam watching for private only.
I set the PM rate high enough that it makes more sense for them to just go private. Now I almost never get PM's.
I noticed I have been doing better since I made these changes, so I wanted to share.

Yes, some people thumbs me down. I learned to not let it affect me. This is so important.

(Actually, I have been getting better ratings lately too.
My theory is that it's possible they saw I was just staring at cams/typing PM's the whole time
and rated down because of that. Not fun to watch somebody type for an hour so I totally understand!
I don't do that anymore though :p)

Thank you to everybody who helped me on here!! :)

The thumbnail is so much more important than some people realize. It’s a simple thing - so simple that it’s easy to overlook as a factor in your traffic, IMO.

As a member, if I’m browsing new rooms, I’m making a quick decision based almost entirely on a collection of thumbnail images. And once I start scrolling/clicking on things, it’s easy for your profile to get lost in the sea of other profiles if it didn’t get my attention the first time.

A few models I visit have asked me if I have any tips from a member’s POV and I always mention to try to be aware of what your thumbnail might look like from moment to moment (mostly when it’s downtime... if you’re actively performing, your thumbnail will inherently be more interesting, IMO). But when they’re just chatting or resting during a lull, a few of them have started changing camera angles just because, or finding different ways to sit, etc. To a member browsing the thumbnails, that sets them apart visually from other models.

Status
Not open for further replies.