AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bongacams. You need to do better

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Mar 3, 2024
ropebunnyluna.club
Twitter Username
@rope_bunny_luna
Chaturbate Username
ropebunnyluna
I've spent quite a while documenting different Cam Sites over the past 2 months and Bongacams has stuck out to me like a sore thumb and not for the right reasons. Today I decided to exclude Bongacams from a large (ish) sheet i've been making which documents the rules, payout info etc... of different sites after failing to see much benefit for new creators joining the site. The weird thing is there are a very small number of changes you could make that would improve the site and make it more accessible to creators.

• Predatory Fines - The rules you issue fines for are the ones creators are most likely to stumble in to. This includes placing a referral link on their own bio, advertising other sites, leaving view of the camera, having pets on camera etc... which are conveniently all allowed on other sites such as Chaturbate. If you're goal is to catch out creators and fine them you're doing a great job at that. In-fact creators can enjoy fines up to $200 for repeated offences. Consider also that the highest fines are for offences related to advertising other sites. This shows where your priorities are.

• Misleading about gender $25 fine - This fine is ridiculous. It only serves to exclude Gender Fluid people, those who may be exploring their Gender or those who may be playing some kind of Fantasy Roleplay as another gendered character. If you mean lying your gender on official documents that should be a ban not a fine and this should be more clear.

• An inherently unfair CamScore - A lot of Cam Sites push for a universal "Cam Score" but realistically all it does it punish creators that don't fit into the boxes that a site wants them to fit into. You offer ridiculous advantages to those streaming at specific times, punish those who cannot stream for longer periods of time or may be out of work for longer periods of time due to illness, or having to maintain a vanilla job and give a massive boost to those who use OBS regardless of if a user is streaming through the web page with a decent quality video feed. You provide the following phrase as a reason for using the Cam Score "eliminates undeservedly advantages for models when they are displayed on the site" but realistically all you are doing is forcing creators to fit into a neat box that earns you the most revenue and even worse framing it as something Cam Performer should be grateful for.

• Failing to respond to support queries or responding late - I sent a support query about the rules for Bongacams over a month ago now and got a response which just said Thank you for contacting BongaCams support team! with no actual response 20 days late. This is before people even knew about this Cam Sites sheet so there is no way you could have refused to give clarifications because you didn't agree with what I put on the sheet. I then sent a second reply 11 days ago which hasn't had a reply either. You are the only site out of 20+ I have contacted which hasn't provided a response in a month.

• Hiding payout percentages and Token Amounts - It is difficult trying to find the worth of an individual token to a Model or how much you are allowed to charge for private shows. The best estimate I have is you payout 25 > 50% but I have no idea if the 50% includes affiliates or what token packages a user must purchase to earn this. You also offer generous advantages only to specific countries such as those from the US, Canada & EU in your promotions. This isn't something to be proud of. Having an affiliates scheme that pays out more for inviting these creators is a better instead of making creators suffer because of where they where born or choose to live.

I've been working on this site for several years, so I feel I have some right to express my opinion on some points you've mentioned. I really feel that you've done a lot of analytical work and spent your time on this, so it should be valued.

Regarding fines, yes, you're right, the list of violations and penalties can indeed seem somewhat intimidating. But with real experience working on the platform, you quickly understand that the site is quite lenient. Models are fined only in extreme cases, when a model violates the rules multiple times and genuinely ignores warnings. I personally received several notifications reminding me of the rules, but I've never been fined.

In my opinion, the ban on advertising and mentioning other platforms is entirely logical. In the fiercely competitive webcam industry, it would be foolish to allow luring users to other platforms or referring users who are already familiar with the site and are its common visitors.

Don't forget, they allow many social networks. If you go to the main page and click on a random chat-room, there's a good chance you'll see models sharing information about their Instagram or Snapchat.

I think CamScore is a touchy subject for all models on any webcam site, haha. There's no perfect way to calculate a rating, so the fact that the main factors considered are earnings and the time a model spends online is quite accurate and objective. It's pretty straightforward.

I don't think BongaCams is a site unworthy of models' attention. As I've mentioned before, this platform has been my mainstay for quite some time. And in a way, I'm grateful to this site. Yes, of course, there are many things I'd like to improve, but having choice and variety is good. I've made my choice :)

Upvote 0
I've been working on this site for several years, so I feel I have some right to express my opinion on some points you've mentioned. I really feel that you've done a lot of analytical work and spent your time on this, so it should be valued.

Regarding fines, yes, you're right, the list of violations and penalties can indeed seem somewhat intimidating. But with real experience working on the platform, you quickly understand that the site is quite lenient. Models are fined only in extreme cases, when a model violates the rules multiple times and genuinely ignores warnings. I personally received several notifications reminding me of the rules, but I've never been fined.

In my opinion, the ban on advertising and mentioning other platforms is entirely logical. In the fiercely competitive webcam industry, it would be foolish to allow luring users to other platforms or referring users who are already familiar with the site and are its common visitors.

Don't forget, they allow many social networks. If you go to the main page and click on a random chat-room, there's a good chance you'll see models sharing information about their Instagram or Snapchat.

I think CamScore is a touchy subject for all models on any webcam site, haha. There's no perfect way to calculate a rating, so the fact that the main factors considered are earnings and the time a model spends online is quite accurate and objective. It's pretty straightforward.

I don't think BongaCams is a site unworthy of models' attention. As I've mentioned before, this platform has been my mainstay for quite some time. And in a way, I'm grateful to this site. Yes, of course, there are many things I'd like to improve, but having choice and variety is good. I've made my choice :)

It's not necessarily that the site is bad in on it's own. If the site was the only option available to Models then fair enough but almost all it's competitors do it better. Be that generating revenue, allowing models to advertise, not fining models and warning them instead, a better designed Cam Score or no Cam Score at all. I'm reluctant to take your advice on the fines as well because it doesn't matter if a support rep is helpful or doesn't fine a streamer. If you get a bad support rep or they ever decide they want to be less lenient they are fully within their right to fine models a considerable amount of money.

I think it is absolutely not worth a Models attention considering it can be proven that sites like Chaturbate, CAM4, CamSoda, Amateur.tv, MFC, Stripchat, ePlay, Joystick.tv etc... are all better than Bongacams in at least 1 way and sites like Chaturbate completely blow it out of the water when it comes to giving freedom to models to do what they want.

There's no perfect way to calculate a rating, so the fact that the main factors considered are earnings and the time a model spends online is quite accurate and objective. It's pretty straightforward.
The fact of the matter is the way a Cam Score rates it's streamers reflects how they see their employees and what they value from them. Bongacams values streamers remaining on stream for as long as possible as regularly as possible and earning as much as possible. Fine. Now consider a lot of performers choose Cam Work because they can't work a full time job or want to find an escape from that allowing themselves to work the hours they want when they want and get valued not for the amount they stay on stream but for the amount of work they put in. Then consider Stripchat, Chaturbate, MFC, Camsoda, XCams etc... don't have Cam Scores that are any where near as limiting and most understand that Models can take a hiatus if they need to for longer periods of time. Even sites that do have a similar system like Streamate acknowledge that it's not the time a model spends online that matters it's the earnings per hour that is more important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Every Free Cam site i've seen allows advertising social media websites, most allow you to sell social media links. This isn't a unique feature.

Finally. This is my personal opinion based on a lot of research. I do appreciate your input @lizarrrd and I think if a Model can make it work for them then great. If they find they attract new users or high tipper, amazing. All i'm saying is BongaCams is very aware of what they are doing, they could do a lot better and I would never recommend the site. To be honest they don't need any help in Models or users supporting them. They regularly win Cam Site awards each year and it baffles me how this is possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another thing to consider is a lot of sites treat more experienced Models better than they do new ones. It's not within a sites interest to ban an experienced high earning Model but one who is brand new and maybe not engaging as much with Bongacams contests, events etc... may be more at risk. This is speculation but I have heard it happen on other sites where site reps can be more flexible with the rules with those who earn more. The same is true of sites like Twitch to be fair so it's a well known phenomenon.

I think it would be worth listening to the opinion of someone who just joined the site and their first impressions as well. It is interesting hearing from a long term Model though. I apologise if the previous posts sounded a bit provocative. I feel very strongly about my choice here which I don't usually but as someone who struggles with sleep, has to take periods of time off due to illness and frequently forgets rules by accident (partly why I made a massive list of rules lol) etc... I feel I shouldn't ever reccomend the site.

Upvote 0
I've spent quite a while documenting different Cam Sites over the past 2 months and Bongacams has stuck out to me like a sore thumb and not for the right reasons. Today I decided to exclude Bongacams from a large (ish) sheet i've been making which documents the rules, payout info etc... of different sites after failing to see much benefit for new creators joining the site. The weird thing is there are a very small number of changes you could make that would improve the site and make it more accessible to creators.

• Predatory Fines - The rules you issue fines for are the ones creators are most likely to stumble in to. This includes placing a referral link on their own bio, advertising other sites, leaving view of the camera, having pets on camera etc... which are conveniently all allowed on other sites such as Chaturbate. If you're goal is to catch out creators and fine them you're doing a great job at that. In-fact creators can enjoy fines up to $200 for repeated offences. Consider also that the highest fines are for offences related to advertising other sites. This shows where your priorities are.

• Misleading about gender $25 fine - This fine is ridiculous. It only serves to exclude Gender Fluid people, those who may be exploring their Gender or those who may be playing some kind of Fantasy Roleplay as another gendered character. If you mean lying your gender on official documents that should be a ban not a fine and this should be more clear.

• An inherently unfair CamScore - A lot of Cam Sites push for a universal "Cam Score" but realistically all it does it punish creators that don't fit into the boxes that a site wants them to fit into. You offer ridiculous advantages to those streaming at specific times, punish those who cannot stream for longer periods of time or may be out of work for longer periods of time due to illness, or having to maintain a vanilla job and give a massive boost to those who use OBS regardless of if a user is streaming through the web page with a decent quality video feed. You provide the following phrase as a reason for using the Cam Score "eliminates undeservedly advantages for models when they are displayed on the site" but realistically all you are doing is forcing creators to fit into a neat box that earns you the most revenue and even worse framing it as something Cam Performer should be grateful for.

• Failing to respond to support queries or responding late - I sent a support query about the rules for Bongacams over a month ago now and got a response which just said Thank you for contacting BongaCams support team! with no actual response 20 days late. This is before people even knew about this Cam Sites sheet so there is no way you could have refused to give clarifications because you didn't agree with what I put on the sheet. I then sent a second reply 11 days ago which hasn't had a reply either. You are the only site out of 20+ I have contacted which hasn't provided a response in a month.

• Hiding payout percentages and Token Amounts - It is difficult trying to find the worth of an individual token to a Model or how much you are allowed to charge for private shows. The best estimate I have is you payout 25 > 50% but I have no idea if the 50% includes affiliates or what token packages a user must purchase to earn this. You also offer generous advantages only to specific countries such as those from the US, Canada & EU in your promotions. This isn't something to be proud of. Having an affiliates scheme that pays out more for inviting these creators is a better instead of making creators suffer because of where they where born or choose to live.
Wow I’m glad you posted this!!! I wanted to sign up for it this week. My cat might run behind me during a live. I
Would freak if I got a fine. I have to kick her out for Streamate and she meows the whole shift wanting in my room.

Attachments

• IMG_7255.jpeg
    IMG_7255.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: ropebunnyluna
Upvote 1
I wouldn't say that the customer support on this website is unresponsive. Yes, they might sometimes take too long to respond via email, but this is one of the few platforms where you can use an online chat and even make a phone call to reach support!! Moreover, when I first started on this site, I received an email from a model manager who was ready to personally assist with any questions related to the site, including choosing outfits and adjusting the lighting at my workspace. Honestly, I've never encountered such attention before. It pleasantly surprised me. The fact that they run promotions for specific countries seems normal to me. It's a basic marketing tactic when you need to attract certain customers or models. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't say that the customer support on this website is unresponsive. Yes, they might sometimes take too long to respond via email, but this is one of the few platforms where you can use an online chat and even make a phone call to reach support!! Moreover, when I first started on this site, I received an email from a model manager who was ready to personally assist with any questions related to the site, including choosing outfits and adjusting the lighting at my workspace. Honestly, I've never encountered such attention before. It pleasantly surprised me. The fact that they run promotions for specific countries seems normal to me. It's a basic marketing tactic when you need to attract certain customers or models. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Thanks for the feedback. I can only go off my own experiences so it's important to consider what you said. The phone and online chat sounds useful and i've only seen that for a couple platforms so far. I can only speak of my own experiences and the fact Bongacams did reply but failed to answer anything suggests they just didn't want to bother explaining any rules clarifications.
  • I signed up as a model myself and this is way before I had even published the sheet months ago. I got no support or help in setting up my profile. I also didn't get any help in setting up my shows.

• Running promotions for specific countries isn't normal. Running affiliate schemes is. If you want to attract new Models or users you use an affiliates scheme you don't punish active Models.

Upvote 0
I'd also like the emphasise that it's ok existing Models saying there is nothing wrong with the site or that they would recommend it to new Models but none of the information I gave actually harms existing Models.

By this point you know about the fines, you know you will able to get support promptly (especially if you are well known on the platform), the Cam Score likely favours you if you earn decent money on the site and the support for certain countries likely does the same. This isn't a post about existing Models this is a post about the unfair rules and systems Bongacams has in place to dissuade any kind of newcomer who happens to fall out of their box of what they deem acceptable to earn a living on the site.

I know just from the post history both @diabellaqueen & @lizarrrd are also highly affiliated with the site and whilst this isn't an issue it does post a conflict of interest. If you get support from Bongacams individually, especially to attend specific events then of course you will rate the site better but i'm talking more about the fundamental rules and principles this site is based on which are not something we should encourage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
they never fine before warning. this is the most loyal camsite and I know what I'm talking about, all these fine things are related to me. every camsite with their own rules, it is your responsibility to read the rules before you start streaming, but in spite of this, they will WARN first. nothing similar I can say about CB.

Upvote 0