AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Booking a hotel to make videos in

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitKatSunrise

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2017
Is that a bad idea? The lighting is usually awesome, some of them have huge mirrors, perfectly made all-white beds... and no roommates to wonder what in tarnation I'm doing.
Basically I feel like I either do this or I don't make videos. Cuz I'm way weirded out by going to a friend's house to do it, and I'm never alone at home. Camming is easy cuz I have music on but I can't do that for videos.
But the cost makes me antsy to do it. It'd be like $100 to get a hotel here.

Yes it's a great idea if you can recoup the money. I have gone to hotels several times to do long stretches of cam shifts through the night (I have 2 kids) and made videos too, which I'm still obviously making money on now. They've all been very popular bar one night but I think mfc was just fucked up that day. :happy:

I think an AirBnB is a better option in my opinion. It looks like a house not a hotel and there's crappy lighting in hotels where as in someone's house you will prob have a better shot. Also Airbnb (or any site like that) is going to be cheaper than a hotel. I never ever get hotel rooms anymore.

But the cost makes me antsy to do it. It'd be like $100 to get a hotel here.

Many do this very thing just to make videos. If you sell the video for 200 tokens, you'd only need to sell it to ten people to recoup the cost of hotel. It's not that big of a risk if you look at it that way. Over the course of your time camming, I feel fairly certain the video will have paid the expenses to make it, and then some.

Also, save your receipt. That hotel cost would be tax deductible I do believe.

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
As far as connection goes how would you cam from a hotel room? I thought wifi was the unreliable when it comes to camming same with a car how do some girls came from their car?

Reactions: Kiki Jane
Echoing what others have said: worth it if you can recoup costs. Same with AirBnB. Losing money with the intentions of doing the opposite kinda sucks. I would mention though, lighting can be pretty hit and miss w/ hotels/airbnbs, but from what most hotels I've seen, it's pretty easily corrected with some decent lights.

Another perk with hotels/AirBnB is the feeling of working outside home can make it easier to be productive, rather than the general grogginess that can happen when one's stuck at home all day. So that can be super helpful for really getting into "work mode." Plus, extra anonymity can be nice--not like there's roommates to overhear the kind of outrageous dirty talk some guys like. Oh, and the ultra-clean bathrooms can sometimes be good for bath/shower shows too w/o having to put in the effort of cleaning beforehand.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
hotels will just be easier than air bnb's. Air BnB can be great or can be a nightmare, depending on the owner and how close and involved they are.

Getting a hotel is definitely worth it and can be a deduction on your taxes at the end of the year. A lot of other times I may hit up another model in my area and we'll either split the cost of the hotel and do trade all day or shoot at their place. I shoot at my own home but my space is currently limited to a few wall spaces and that can get repetitive to have the same background for every clip. I ALWAYS bring my own lights when I am shooting elsewhere, lighting is sooo key!

Reactions: hellerphoto
avoid Airbnb bullshit and use Homeaway. you have to be a bit more careful on homeaway to look out for scams, but it is much more lax and let's you exchange info with owners and pay outside of the app

Having worked as an executive for some big hotel chains I can comfortably say no hotel will care if you are making videos or camming from a hotel room as long as you don't leave the place in a mess or disturb any of the neighbours.

Bring your your own lighting and powerboards/extension cables, also try not to use the hotel's logos in any of your videos.

Most hotels have quiet days or weeks when you can get rooms at a significantly lower rate, so do a bit of research and save a little money.

Beware of airbnb from my understanding if they catch wind you are an industry person they will close your account and give you hella trouble getting your money back.

Other than that a hotel is a great option for video content especially if you can afford something relatively nice. Big white clean bed, nice bathroom with a large tub or even something with a semi private balcony are all good things to look for. If you have a bit of a following you could even pre sale a custom video, get it paid for up front and voila the hotel room is paid for before you even get there.

@MicahTaylor wifi can be iffy but most hotels ive ever stayed at had a good enough connection for me to stream on MFC with no issues. If I did have issues I would turn my phone to a hotspot which is also how girls cam from their cars.....

Yes I do not use them they closed my account (AIRBNB)

Innclusive is a site for everyone and they accept everyone- it's super new but it's ran by a lady who was discriminated against Airbnb.

Vacation rentals is also a really good site- I have been using them since my problems with Airbnb and there's nothing in there TOS of being a sex worker.

whats even worse is I never filmed in an AIRBNB.... I was using it just for vacation they found my work email somehow (even though I never used it) and terminated my account without ever even giving me a reason... I hate them.

If you do use an Airbnb, make sure you carefully read the rules beforehand-all of them are different. At some Airbnbs, you have the whole place to yourself, while at other Airbnbs, you only have a bedroom to yourself and have to share the bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc. with the owner, other renters, or both. I personally would rather get a hotel room and cam like crazy and make as many videos as I could for 1-2 nights. The only way I would go the Airbnb route is if I had the whole place to myself. Some guys I do privates with like me to moan loudly and do dirty talk loudly, and I would be embarrassed having a stranger overhear me. lol :)

At some Airbnbs, you have the whole place to yourself, while at other Airbnbs, you only have a bedroom to yourself and have to share the bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc. with the owner, other renters, or both.

There's an option to select "entire house" or "room", it's best to choose "entire house" for filming purposes, of course.

• Helpful!
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Beware of airbnb from my understanding if they catch wind you are an industry person they will close your account and give you hella trouble getting your money back.

Other than that a hotel is a great option for video content especially if you can afford something relatively nice. Big white clean bed, nice bathroom with a large tub or even something with a semi private balcony are all good things to look for. If you have a bit of a following you could even pre sale a custom video, get it paid for up front and voila the hotel room is paid for before you even get there.

@MicahTaylor wifi can be iffy but most hotels ive ever stayed at had a good enough connection for me to stream on MFC with no issues. If I did have issues I would turn my phone to a hotspot which is also how girls cam from their cars.....

Oh shit for real a hot spot i never would've guessed that's how they stay connected in a hotel room or a car thanks

I've been thinking about going to a hotel to do this very thing. It's distracting being at home with my dogs. I tried filming a beautiful agony video the other day and one of my dogs started barking right at the end, *sigh*. Plus, like people have mentioned, you don't have to clean and it provides a fresh space for viewers to look at.
I haven't been camming long, but I've noticed it definitely sets you up to get cooped up inside all day every day if you're not careful. I think if anything it'd be a good way to go out and get a change of scenery. I think as long as you have a plan in mind so you don't procrastinate and bring extra lights and things it should be fine.

Reactions: LylacDoll
Status
Not open for further replies.