AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Broke Premiums

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftRose7

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 5, 2015
MFC Username
SoftRose7
I put in hours all of the time on MFC. I set goals, I flirt, I don't do anything without getting payed (tipped) first. Men call me sexy and all kinds of nice things, but what they always tend to do is stay on my page and not pay me a dime. I put in 6 hours everyday and end up with like 10 cents at the end of my "shift".

Also I talk to my small audience but its hard to do so when people are constantly PMing me. They get upset when I answer them with out typing. they'll say something like "Don't talk out loud. This is a private message" I am getting tired of it. They stay in my room for so long and no one pays. I know its rude to say "I'm bored" "Someone pay me" but I am getting sooooo annoyed ( I haven't said these things). How do I keep people interested by playing games where I offer things and do things. How in the world do I keep people in my room. I am losing hope. I don't want broke premiums every single day for hours. I want to get money like these famous models on the site.

Turn off your PMs! Have them available for "friends only." Now if people want to PM you, they have to tip you for it. If they don't want to tip you for it, then they are losers and will hopefully leave forever and never bother you again so that you can focus your time and attention on people who WILL be paying you for paid services.

Turn off your PMs! Have them available for "friends only." Now if people want to PM you, they have to tip you for it. If they don't want to tip you for it, then they are losers and will hopefully leave forever and never bother you again so that you can focus your time and attention on people who WILL be paying you for paid services.
how do you do that?

It sucks (I have to assume) but I think the worst thing you can do is base your camming expectations on what other models earn. Yes, it would be nice to earn what they earn (personally, I'd like to be earning what Richard Branson earns) but literally no good can come of going in to your shift expecting to earn megabucks just because you feel you're doing what the other girls are doing (you can't know all that they do and it's impossible to second guess exactly what it is members see in them and whether members see that same thing in you).

I'm not a cam girl so my advice is going to be limited but for whatever it's worth and whether you choose to take any of it on board or not, my advice would be first and foremost to charge people to be on your PM list. That way the only people you'll have to talk to in PM are the members who are actually tipping you. Concentrate on entertaining the room, try to be positive, if it's not working after an hour, log off to save your camscore and try again later. Try different times too. Try different countdowns, offer new videos, etc. See what sticks. When something works, double down on it.

how do you do that?

When you are on the broadcast page, go to "options" (it's in the lower left hand corner). Then go to the "chat" tab. There are clicky boxes you can check or uncheck that specify who you receive messages from. Make sure 'premiums' is unchecked and 'friends' is checked.

This will save you from a ton of head aches. Best of luck!

I saw a model get really angry about not getting tipped and she snapped at all the lurkers. She said something like, I'm going to kick all the people who just stare at me and do not say anything.

I found it interesting because all she was doing was staring into space and listening to music.

I think that models who know how to spark conversation and get everyone involved seem to have a more enjoyable time. I do see how guys can get use to hanging and never tipping so figuring out how to get the tips going is your duty.

I know that personally, I will not tip models who simply stare in the camera. I think that I tip more based on perceived personality and entertainment value, which doesn't really include any form of self-sex acts.

I'm a member and I've only been on since December so I think I am relatively new---but---I'm weird. I tip out of appreciation rather than to meet goals or a topic choice (see boobies, etc..). I tried doing that stuff, but it never felt true (everybody is different). As a member I'm not a big fan of the pm thing. I never have been...even with my favorite model. I always kind of knew that the motivating factor for her being on was always the money and I realized that if she spends too much time on me then she might be losing the talking to the regular that is a potential tipper. I do try to do the chat room unless she pms me.

Last edited:
First, I recommend like the others to change your PM settings. I changed my settings to Friends Only PMs and I charge them to be added to my list. It's been working out great for me! A couple of things I didn't know when I first changed this setting - you can still message the user, they just can't reply which is nice. And they can still add you to their friend's list but they can only reply if you add them.

Have you tried working different shifts? Even a different cam site?

Reactions: WickedTouch
I put in hours all of the time on MFC. I set goals, I flirt, I don't do anything without getting payed (tipped) first. Men call me sexy and all kinds of nice things, but what they always tend to do is stay on my page and not pay me a dime. I put in 6 hours everyday and end up with like 10 cents at the end of my "shift".

Also I talk to my small audience but its hard to do so when people are constantly PMing me. They get upset when I answer them with out typing. they'll say something like "Don't talk out loud. This is a private message" I am getting tired of it. They stay in my room for so long and no one pays. I know its rude to say "I'm bored" "Someone pay me" but I am getting sooooo annoyed ( I haven't said these things). How do I keep people interested by playing games where I offer things and do things. How in the world do I keep people in my room. I am losing hope. I don't want broke premiums every single day for hours. I want to get money like these famous models on the site.

how do you do that?

This is isn't going to be a cheery message. You'll notice I gave your post no hugs rating. This is going to be more of a blunt wake up call to the realities of your job because it's apparent in your two posts above you don't yet know a lot about camming.

First off, this IS a job. But this isn't a normal 9 to 5 job where you can expect to be paid an agreed upon amount every hour. It only pays what you put into it, and even then it may be a long time before it builds up to a decent amount. It may be a really long time before it pays 'famous model' money; as in months or years. And honestly, the odds are, NEVER, is the most likely case.

Your first time on cam was 12 days ago. You have not been camming on mfc nearly long enough to build up any kind of following. Almost all models start out with a lot of members in their rooms who do not pay. It takes time to find one or two here, a few there who will tip. Then it may take even longer to find the tippers who will come back on a regular schedule.

Just to express the point with actual numbers for you I took 5 random models in the top 20 right now and looked up their hours worked for the last 6 months. I hate to burst your bubble about your statement of putting in 6 hours everyday, but you haven't put in 6 hours TOTAL on cam yet since your first day. In fact one day you put in an hour and a half, one was an hour and 12 minutes, and your remaining 3 days on cam were less than an hour each.
Screenshot - 9_18_2015 , 10_35_38 PM.png

I'm not wanting to turn this thread into another 'put in more hours' debate. But it's clear to anyone looking at that you have not put in anywhere near the hours you need to be expecting higher pay.

Next point. Learn your craft. Your comment about asking how to turn PM's to friends only is jarring. As a camgirl your one and only source to your job is the model software used to connect to the site. Yet you obviously haven't even learned it. Go through all the settings, click all the buttons. Learn it. Turning PM's off is a basic thing you should have learned your first hour. Hell, before you even turned on your cam for the first time actually.

This goes into the next point. Also learn from other models. I suggest going into other models rooms who are doing well and watch what they are doing. And also look at their profiles. I looked at yours. You have one small tip menu, which is a good thing, but that's it. You don't have any photo galleries, no shedule listed, nothing else going on.

I'll take Jalyn's profile to contrast. She has multiple things to tip for. She has friend add, phone number, snapchat, raffles, high tippers list (multiple stages of high tippers), videos galore, numerous photo sets. She also has links to her social media she uses, viber, twitter, snapchat. Other sites she sells videos on like manyvids. She's been on long enough to have a vast repository of videos for sale, not only solo but with many other camgirls. And she even has her own personalized merchandise for sale. Like life sized cutouts, cameras, ornaments, gift baskets, magnets, coasters... She's a full fledged marketing machine.

You have not put in anywhere near the time or effort to have any of those things set up yet to give members more incentive to tip. You can not expect to be making her level of wages. Sorry, that's the blunt fact of the matter.

Don't take all this as mean. Nowhere have I said you can't get to top model money. You can. The simple fact that all the top models started in exactly your same situation proves that. But you have a long road of hard work ahead of you, much more than you have put in so far, if you can honestly expect to get there.

Just for visual reference on the hours on cam used above. Take a good look at these to let the reality sink in.
emilylynne Screenshot - emilylynne.png

Jalyn Screenshot - Jalyn.png

Kickaz Screenshot - Kickaz.png

NevAmore Screenshot - NevAmore.png

You Screenshot - SoftRose7.png

Just to express the point with actual numbers for you I took 5 random models in the top 20 right now and

Too late to edit. I meant 4 (FOUR!!!!) other random models. Doh!
*self kicking and muttering under the breath ensues*

First, I recommend like the others to change your PM settings. I changed my settings to Friends Only PMs and I charge them to be added to my list. It's been working out great for me! A couple of things I didn't know when I first changed this setting - you can still message the user, they just can't reply which is nice. And they can still add you to their friend's list but they can only reply if you add them.

Have you tried working different shifts? Even a different cam site?
Websites yes. I am even on mygirlfund.com where men pay for an online girlfriend. But I really want success on MFC. I want to know how my shift effects my money too. Does being online a certain time of day determine how much I make.

This is isn't going to be a cheery message. You'll notice I gave your post no hugs rating. This is going to be more of a blunt wake up call to the realities of your job because it's apparent in your two posts above you don't yet know a lot about camming.

First off, this IS a job. But this isn't a normal 9 to 5 job where you can expect to be paid an agreed upon amount every hour. It only pays what you put into it, and even then it may be a long time before it builds up to a decent amount. It may be a really long time before it pays 'famous model' money; as in months or years. And honestly, the odds are, NEVER, is the most likely case.

Your first time on cam was 12 days ago. You have not been camming on mfc nearly long enough to build up any kind of following. Almost all models start out with a lot of members in their rooms who do not pay. It takes time to find one or two here, a few there who will tip. Then it may take even longer to find the tippers who will come back on a regular schedule.

Just to express the point with actual numbers for you I took 5 random models in the top 20 right now and looked up their hours worked for the last 6 months. I hate to burst your bubble about your statement of putting in 6 hours everyday, but you haven't put in 6 hours TOTAL on cam yet since your first day. In fact one day you put in an hour and a half, one was an hour and 12 minutes, and your remaining 3 days on cam were less than an hour each.
View attachment 57511

I'm not wanting to turn this thread into another 'put in more hours' debate. But it's clear to anyone looking at that you have not put in anywhere near the hours you need to be expecting higher pay.

Next point. Learn your craft. Your comment about asking how to turn PM's to friends only is jarring. As a camgirl your one and only source to your job is the model software used to connect to the site. Yet you obviously haven't even learned it. Go through all the settings, click all the buttons. Learn it. Turning PM's off is a basic thing you should have learned your first hour. Hell, before you even turned on your cam for the first time actually.

This goes into the next point. Also learn from other models. I suggest going into other models rooms who are doing well and watch what they are doing. And also look at their profiles. I looked at yours. You have one small tip menu, which is a good thing, but that's it. You don't have any photo galleries, no shedule listed, nothing else going on.

I'll take Jalyn's profile to contrast. She has multiple things to tip for. She has friend add, phone number, snapchat, raffles, high tippers list (multiple stages of high tippers), videos galore, numerous photo sets. She also has links to her social media she uses, viber, twitter, snapchat. Other sites she sells videos on like manyvids. She's been on long enough to have a vast repository of videos for sale, not only solo but with many other camgirls. And she even has her own personalized merchandise for sale. Like life sized cutouts, cameras, ornaments, gift baskets, magnets, coasters... She's a full fledged marketing machine.

You have not put in anywhere near the time or effort to have any of those things set up yet to give members more incentive to tip. You can not expect to be making her level of wages. Sorry, that's the blunt fact of the matter.

Don't take all this as mean. Nowhere have I said you can't get to top model money. You can. The simple fact that all the top models started in exactly your same situation proves that. But you have a long road of hard work ahead of you, much more than you have put in so far, if you can honestly expect to get there.

Just for visual reference on the hours on cam used above. Take a good look at these to let the reality sink in.
emilylynne View attachment 57512

Jalyn View attachment 57513

Kickaz View attachment 57514

NevAmore View attachment 57515

You View attachment 57516

Thankyou for helping me. I think that your numbers are off because I was online a few days ago. I guess that is something that I will have to ask MFC. I definitely DO have long road ahead of me. It seems like Jalyn (who I have seen) is very successful because she sells herself. You also WOKE ME THE FUCK UP! I am continuing to do research and everything that I need in order to fully understand things and I am not going to give up and yo are totally helping that. Thanks for the sweet advice. I will be taking this into consideration.

Last edited:
There are a lot of guys who will try to PM you; I had to turn my PMs off because there were just too many to keep up with otherwise. I state on my profile that I'll respond to PMs in public if they're questions that are okay for public answering (e.g. "how are you today?"). Unless it's something really personal, it should probably be in the public chat area.

Have you thought about making videos to sell? You could make three videos with three different "themes" (for example, a doggy style video, a dirty talking and riding video, and a beautiful agony video). Make sure they have good lighting and are good quality, edit them and include a few different angles and positions. You could offer one of them as a "freebie" for all tippers. Or anyone that tips 10+ tokens gets one particular video. It will get guys tipping and if the video is good many might come back and buy the others.

I didn't make videos at all for the first few years of camming, but MFC has changed and they help a LOT. I give a video to all new tippers (even 1 token) and I would say that probably about 20% of them buy more videos or spend more money on me (I get a lot of random small token tippers so I'm very happy with that percentage).

Also, make sure you have a good webcam. You might already know this and be using one, but using a proper webcam (not the one built into your computer) makes a huge difference.

Omg Kickaz!!! I think you are amazing! I am a fan of your shows and am straight female!
I also have screenshots of all your posts here on my comp and study them once in w while because want to learn from your advice before I start on mfc myself. Currently saving for own place. What do you think is a safe money cushion (how many months?) to start camming as a career? I want to make it on mfc am blonde pretty looks and cool personality I know I can do it just not sure when to leave my current life...how long does it take to build fan base? currently only have enough money for about 3 months. Not sure if am ready.
p.s. wanted to thank you for your blog too

Reactions: KamikaziKitty
Have you thought about making videos to sell? You could make three videos with three different "themes" (for example, a doggy style video, a dirty talking and riding video, and a beautiful agony video). Make sure they have good lighting and are good quality, edit them and include a few different angles and positions. You could offer one of them as a "freebie" for all tippers. Or anyone that tips 10+ tokens gets one particular video. It will get guys tipping and if the video is good many might come back and buy the others.

I didn't make videos at all for the first few years of camming, but MFC has changed and they help a LOT. I give a video to all new tippers (even 1 token) and I would say that probably about 20% of them buy more videos or spend more money on me (I get a lot of random small token tippers so I'm very happy with that percentage).

Also, make sure you have a good webcam. You might already know this and be using one, but using a proper webcam (not the one built into your computer) makes a huge difference.
Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Puffin
Status
Not open for further replies.