AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaJayde

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 2, 2018
Nevada
Twitter Username
@thelunajayde
MFC Username
LunaJayde
I searched a bit and didn't see a post on this already, so here's for hoping I didn't miss it. This is my first "new post" ^_^

For anyone unfamiliar, a bullet journal is an analog organization and planning system developed by Ryder Carroll. From bulletjournal.com -
Though it does require a notebook, Bullet Journal® is actually a methodology. It's best described as a mindfulness practice disguised as a productivity system. It's designed to help you organize your what while you remain aware of your why. The goal of the Bullet Journal is to help its practitioners (bullet journalists) live intentional lives, ones that are productive and meaningful.

I have been bullet journaling for about two and a half years now, and it has given me a lot of insight into how I need thoughts and information organized. Traditional planners have never really worked for me: I could never fit the information in the places for it, or the month set up would be perfect but the day setup no good for me. I also appreciate that you can get fancy with it, but the fanciness is a personal preference and ultimately not necessary. I think the fact that it's more of a system than just a physical tool is a big part of why I've been able to use it for so long-- I needed the "how" of planning and organizing thoughts.

So, any fellow bullet journal-ers here? What kind of notebook(s) are you using?

I have a Leuchtturm1917 for my everyday, catch-all bullet journal, and I just picked up a basic spiral notebook with a cover I liked for a camming-specific bullet journal.

I started bullet journaling some time ago, but I have a hard time getting consistent with it. I like the concept and I love to see what my girlfriend is doing with hers, so I always go back to it.
I think I might be able to stick to it for real now. It's really helpful with reminding me about things like posting on Twitter, sending at least a daily snap, working on new videos and uploading them.
Since I don't have much free time (or much artistic talent) I bought a 'ready-to-be-used' journal, with categories already sorted out and the agenda portion pre-prepared.
I use the same journal for my everyday life stuff and my camming stuff. I mainly use it as an agenda only for now.

What do you journal about your camming? Do you keep track of things other than the typical 'agenda' info? I personally keep a lot of info, but in an Excel document.

Reactions: LunaJayde
Interesting concept. though, seems a bit overly complex in some ways with the layouts, etc. Someone a while back had mentioned PandaPlanner as their preferred planner. But, bullet journaling seems to be more neutral and can be done in any book.

Gonna give this a try.

Been using spiral notebooks for years, but very chaotic, unorganized....

Interesting concept. though, seems a bit overly complex in some ways with the layouts, etc.

The thing with Bullet Journals is that they can be as simple or complex as you want! For sure when looking on Pinterest or a blog you might find examples that are really elaborated, but that's simply because people who will be proud to show off their journal are also the ones who have skills and like to put a lot of time into it. I should take a pic of mine and show you haha, it's really simple in my case!

*clutches her happy planner and refuses to let it go*

The thing with Bullet Journals is that they can be as simple or complex as you want! For sure when looking on Pinterest or a blog you might find examples that are really elaborated, but that's simply because people who will be proud to show off their journal are also the ones who have skills and like to put a lot of time into it. I should take a pic of mine and show you haha, it's really simple in my case!

I get it can be as much or as little as one wants. Just seems a little complex to me. If there's an event, I usually throw it in my online calendar because I always have my phone with my and is how I do my tasks as well (Google tasks). I do like the fact that this is paper, and has a forward movement and review when going forward. Just a bit different than how I normally do it is all.

I've heard about this previously and have been tempted to try it out. Especially with how some things have been going at work there are some concepts with the bullet journal that I would like to try to better organize my thoughts and sequences.

I started bullet journaling some time ago, but I have a hard time getting consistent with it. I like the concept and I love to see what my girlfriend is doing with hers, so I always go back to it.
I think I might be able to stick to it for real now. It's really helpful with reminding me about things like posting on Twitter, sending at least a daily snap, working on new videos and uploading them.
Since I don't have much free time (or much artistic talent) I bought a 'ready-to-be-used' journal, with categories already sorted out and the agenda portion pre-prepared.
I use the same journal for my everyday life stuff and my camming stuff. I mainly use it as an agenda only for now.

What do you journal about your camming? Do you keep track of things other than the typical 'agenda' info? I personally keep a lot of info, but in an Excel document.

I always forget that people make ready-to-be-used ones! That's a great idea :) I have also struggled with consistency (always have, with planners), and I kind of like just starting at the date it is now instead of having to leave unused pages. I need to get back to making some sort of entry every day, even if it's just the date--my days feel more grounded when I do.

My camming BuJo has a lot of notes from forums, wikis, reddit, etc.. Things like equipment I need, questions to ask myself, suggested computer programs, how to set up lighting, and what the different types of shows entail. I also used it to brainstorm for my model name and to work out what I wanted to put on my profile. In my new one I'm putting a log of whenever I go on cam, expenses and earnings, countdown ideas, room topics, show ideas, a wishlist, and a checklist for what stage of making videos I'm in, to name a handful lol.

Interesting concept. though, seems a bit overly complex in some ways with the layouts, etc. Someone a while back had mentioned PandaPlanner as their preferred planner. But, bullet journaling seems to be more neutral and can be done in any book.
I get it can be as much or as little as one wants. Just seems a little complex to me. If there's an event, I usually throw it in my online calendar because I always have my phone with my and is how I do my tasks as well (Google tasks). I do like the fact that this is paper, and has a forward movement and review when going forward. Just a bit different than how I normally do it is all.

There is definitely a sort of complexity in how customizable and flexible it is, especially once you get into the collections aspect of it. I think some sort of hybrid would be ideal for me, one where I don't have to start all my pages from scratch, that sort of thing... my main problem is that I'm always changing how I set up my pages to find what works for me. Really, I think I need to get a printer and a binder and do it that way. That PandaPlanner you linked earlier does look really interesting, so maybe I'll check it out sometime. I still use GCalendar and have flirted with the idea of using google tasks or evernote or something to essentially bullet journal digitally, but I always end up feeling rather restricted, and more to the point I just get distracted AF on computers/my phone. There is now a companion app for bullet journaling, but I haven't checked it out yet.

*clutches her happy planner and refuses to let it go*

Clutch away, I've heard those are great!! I may even try it out myself!

Reactions: Lunasha
I’m addicted to my bummer journal! I totally had a a similar system but Ryder really has me refine it. I actually have one for daily life and then a separate one for ukulele. I incorporate sex work into my daily life but have been thinking about starting a new one just for sex work. I need to sign up for a few more sites before it’s worth it I think.

I've tried so many systems like this that didn't really work for me, so was skeptical and it did seem a little complex, but one of my favorite youtubers did a video about it and convinced me (a bit pressed for time so will return and post the link when Ihave time to find it). I have mild ADD and struggle sometimes with organization, so I bought the book about it and was impressed at the results people have had and how the system is designed. (you don't need the book tho, just go to youtube to the bulletjournal's channel and watch.

I'm one week in and holy crap looking back on this week I've gotten more done than in the past month. Caught up on custom vids, on top of all my personal things, bam! It's magical and I've only half-assed it so far.

I started out with a big sketch art book with a large spiral binder but I found I want something more portable to keep in my purse so I got a few of these: https://yoobi.com/collections/journals/products/journal-3-pk-multi

Will probably upgrade to a better bigger one when I find one that will fit my purse well. The system works with a cheap 50 cent spiral notebook too tho!

Reviving this for a moment. I know this is about bullet journaling. But, thought would post this article on calendar use here as a contrast point of journaling vs calendaring. I think either method could be beneficial for the person, and what method works best for them. :)

So happy to find this thread! Love bullet journaling as a way to be creative/ hold myself accountable for things, but my biggest struggle with it is sometimes I feel like it's just extra pressure when I'm already pressed for time. I use the Nuuna Graphic S. Nuuna is a fab German-made brand and I love the size/ graph layout. Only complaint is that the holographic coating rubs off :( Maybe I'll check out one of the ones recommended here next. Also for inspiration check out AmandaRachLee on Youtube I get lots of great ideas from her.

Reactions: eden
Status
Not open for further replies.