AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bypassing a Password Protected Room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2023
I believe users are able to bypass my password to protect my room. I’ve heard of being able to spy on private shows for free, so this is not that crazy of a notion I think. If these users are violating my privacy, how can I find out who is doing it? If I can find out who is doing it, are there firms that specifically represent models in these types of privacy situations? I appreciate any help or advice you have to give. Thank you friends!

On StripChat you can spy for 15 seconds for free if it’s not exclusive, but after that you’re charged tokens to watch.

Upvote 0
I believe users are able to bypass my password to protect my room. I’ve heard of being able to spy on private shows for free, so this is not that crazy of a notion I think. If these users are violating my privacy, how can I find out who is doing it? If I can find out who is doing it, are there firms that specifically represent models in these types of privacy situations? I appreciate any help or advice you have to give. Thank you friends!
The only way for a member to be able to spy on a passworded room is to have the password for the room, they will also show in the user list. As for hearing of people being able to spy on pvt shows for free, you heard wrong, some sites have a limited time usually 10-30 seconds where a member can decide if they want to continue watching, but no site allows a way for a member to watch an entire prvt show for free.

Since you mentioned password shows I am going to assume you are referring to chaturbate. Chaturbate pay's (quite well I might add) for reports on any bugs found like their platform is constantly being tested for bugs and security issues.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
The only way for a member to be able to spy on a passworded room is to have the password for the room, they will also show in the user list. As for hearing of people being able to spy on pvt shows for free, you heard wrong, some sites have a limited time usually 10-30 seconds where a member can decide if they want to continue watching, but no site allows a way for a member to watch an entire prvt show for free.

Since you mentioned password shows I am going to assume you are referring to chaturbate. Chaturbate pay's (quite well I might add) for reports on any bugs found like their platform is constantly being tested for bugs and security issues.
Chaturbate pays for bug reports? Since when?

Upvote 0
For a long time, at least a couple of years. you submit them through hackerone.

Here's a link to their bug program:

I should add it's not general website bugs like a button not working, but more security bugs that result in unauthorized access or being able to get the site to do things its not meant to do or bypassing payment features that could result in a loss of revenue, which people accessing prvt shows and password shows for free does fall into.

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
For a long time, at least a couple of years. you submit them through hackerone.

Here's a link to their bug program:

I should add it's not general website bugs like a button not working, but more security bugs that result in unauthorized access or being able to get the site to do things its not meant to do or bypassing payment features that could result in a loss of revenue, which people accessing prvt shows and password shows for free does fall into.
Ah.

In my experience, if someone is in a passworded room and they aren't supposed to be, someone gave them the password or it was simply easy enough to guess.

Upvote 0
Ah.

In my experience, if someone is in a passworded room and they aren't supposed to be, someone gave them the password or it was simply easy enough to guess.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking with the password show, but in the op there was the "If I can find out who is doing it,". Which made me think they think someone is watching without showing in the member list.
Another thing to note with the bug reports, you need to how how to use the bug, you need to write a report that explains how to do it so they can investigate it.

Upvote 0
Sometimes the user list doesn't update very fast so it showd sone users in the room still. I've had it happen plenty of times and the passwords are definitely not easy to guess and they are never the same ad previous times or as used with other models/members.

Where did you hear people can do this? Probably users just trying to scare you i assume

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
someone I know who is very knowledgeable about code. Also hacker programs mentioned it in passing. I don’t speak to this person anymore so I can’t rely on them to help me with the situation, but I’ve seen threads on this very site discussing these types of. I don’t know what to call it, programs? I googled, and there is a thread from this site that came up in my search. I think it was a few years old, but nonetheless, they were discussing a program that lets you bypass a password on a room. Now I’m not very knowledgeable about any of this, so this is why I’m asking. I appreciate everyone’s responses and I appreciate your time taken to respond, but if you’re not knowledgeable about programming, writing code or hacking, then I’m not really that interested in your opinion. No offense, nothing personal, I’m trying to speak with people who are knowledgeable about hacking codes (again I’m a layman so I most likely using the wrong terminology)

Upvote 0
someone I know who is very knowledgeable about code. Also hacker programs mentioned it in passing. I don’t speak to this person anymore so I can’t rely on them to help me with the situation, but I’ve seen threads on this very site discussing these types of. I don’t know what to call it, programs? I googled, and there is a thread from this site that came up in my search. I think it was a few years old, but nonetheless, they were discussing a program that lets you bypass a password on a room. Now I’m not very knowledgeable about any of this, so this is why I’m asking. I appreciate everyone’s responses and I appreciate your time taken to respond, but if you’re not knowledgeable about programming, writing code or hacking, then I’m not really that interested in your opinion. No offense, nothing personal, I’m trying to speak with people who are knowledgeable about hacking codes (again I’m a layman so I most likely using the wrong terminology)

Like with any/most sites, CB has definitely had vulnerabilities, but I am sure those and this (if it was one) will have been fixed a long time ago, especially if you say this discussion about it was from years ago.
If it's a new one, maybe contact support (use the link above that was given for providing vulnerabilities) and they may even let you know it was patched many moons ago.

Upvote 0
if you’re not knowledgeable about programming, writing code or hacking, then I’m not really that interested in your opinion. No offense, nothing personal, I’m trying to speak with people who are knowledgeable about hacking codes (again I’m a layman so I most likely using the wrong terminology)
You are new to the forum, so how do you know who would be knowledgeable on the subject? Since you wouldn't know this seems more like "anyone that dosnt agree with me dosnt know what they are talking about."

Like with any/most sites, CB has definitely had vulnerabilities, but I am sure those and this (if it was one) will have been fixed a long time ago, especially if you say this discussion about it was from years ago.
If it's a new one, maybe contact support (use the link above that was given for providing vulnerabilities) and they may even let you know it was patched many moons ago.
The link above is for submitting bug reports, as in you need to be able to explain how the bug works and what it's impact is so they can replicate it apply a fix and then pay you out for the report. There isnt a direct email for the security team at chaturbate, everything is handled through the platform, any messages that dont relate to a bug report would be discarded.

Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
Most of the "programs/apps" that give you free tips and/or bypass a password on a room, are malware of some sort. They will steal your password, log your keypresses and such. Any special program using some method to bypass security won't work for long, unless they are kept hidden. The wider the distribution of said program the more likely the method it is using gets fixed by the owner. About the only password bypass that would work consistently would be one that puts malware on enough computers that has the correct password for a lot of rooms.

Upvote 0
Most of the "programs/apps" that give you free tips and/or bypass a password on a room, are malware of some sort. They will steal your password, log your keypresses and such. Any special program using some method to bypass security won't work for long, unless they are kept hidden. The wider the distribution of said program the more likely the method it is using gets fixed by the owner. About the only password bypass that would work consistently would be one that puts malware on enough computers that has the correct password for a lot of rooms.
What if it’s a code written within one of the actual bots? It’s just not discussed? Edit: by boss, I mean the app survives that a model will use within the room.

Upvote 0
It also happened to me that another client appeared on the password show. I don't know if it was a mistake, but I solved it by telling the client that I was changing the password and then it was fine. I remember this happening to me about 5 times. But it is possible that I used the same passwords and some people remembered it. Now I'm careful and make passwords long.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.