AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Calling UK cam girls, income and self employment

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2017
Hello girls!
I am a 19 year old woman who works part time in Scotland. I am struggling with money quite a bit and for a whole I was very open about the idea of becoming a cam girl. Not just because of the money but because I think I would genuinely enjoy it. In August I will be starting college and I would like to rent my own flat out then. I would be taking out a student loan but I know that many landlords don't accept students as tenants. Additionally, I will be at college 4/5 days a week, it would be difficult to have any additional income apart from the loans and that won't be enough to rent a place. My question is: if I get started on camming now, build a fanbase and earn some cash will it be included as a part of my income? Or would I have to set up a business / register as self employed in order for camming money to count as income so my landlord can see it as a supporting evidence for my tenancy?
I hope I made myself clear what I need to know. Please ask more questions if you want.
Thank you so much girls :)

Yes it is considered income and you would be self-employed. And yes you can use your earnings for residency.

Each estate agent I've rented through has been different, one wanted tax returns as proof, another wanted me to have an accountant (I dont) and one was happy with bank statements.

You may also be asked for a guarantor.

Cam income won't be a guarantee so make sure you can afford it without cam income, if you can stay at home for a bit do, because you don't yet know how you will handle the extra work load from college!

• Helpful!
Reactions: MFCGod
So would you guys recommend just getting self employed? If I haven't worked a full tax year so I won't have my tax returns yet (and from what I know I think tax returns happen about December time so after I want to move out). It's some kind of extra guarantee I guess. I have went to college doing very similar course and level so I know how much effort it's going to be. I worked whilst doing it aswell and I want to see if being a can girl would be easier than my regular job. One thing that'd make it easier is of course working from home.
Any specific agencies you guys could recommend that require minimal checks? I'm ready to get a guarantor aswell. If my pay from camming is decent enough I can prove to the person I will be able to sustain myself, I used to live by myself so know what it takes.
Thanks for the answers :)

I've found landlords/estate agents can be such a pain, even when you have significant evidence of income. >.< They'll probably want a guarantor, or several months rent up front. This might not be the case if you can find someone renting privately, as they don't ask from loads of crazy documentation. I hope this works out for you, camming can be such an amazing job! :D

Yeah! I was also considering paying up front if camming goes well :)
I'm excited but also doing my research still etc
Also, did any of you had a working student status? Many landlords say no to students, for various reasons I can believe, maybe even imposed by their mortgage.
I will be working part time but hopefully earning the equalivent of someone else full time job. But I'll also be a student at the same time. Would that be a problem? Would I be a student or a part/full time working professional?

Last edited:
Have you tried looking for places that do accept students? There are quite a lot of places! Or are you looking to rent on your own?
I'm wanting to rent on my own and I mostly like a decent standard, not a typical student-y flat style so they often say "No students". It's just sad to see lovely flats that do not accept students. But I hopefully would be considered a professional, I don't have an obligation to tell my employer that I am a student, who I won't be anyway just yet if I move out before September. All I want it for camming to cover my rent and bills so it's considerably not much to ask for considering what typical starter can girls earn.

Yes camming is seen as self employment. It can be incredibly difficult when you first start out .. you will have your busy days and quiet days .. you need to build up a following and do lots of promoting yourself to keep people interested. You also need a good cam , broadband upload speed and lighting and be consistant ... one thing I let myself down with at the beginning was consistancy. I am from Scotland too .. nice to see another scottish girl join the camming world. Hope all goes well for you :)

I don't live in the UK, however my experience has been pretty similar to everyone else's here: I went with an apartment complex that ONLY accepts students. It isn't student housing, it is completely independent from the school, but they require proof of being a student. I understand the trepidation about it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

And I showed them my bank statements as proof that I could pay rent. They saw how much I make and were beyond comfortable with me living here.

I told them I'm a "professional streamer." My landlord kinda just assumed that meant Twitch or something and never really brought it up again.

First step is to try camming, it's not for everyone and not everyone makes enough for rent. What is your plan b? If camming doesn't work out then how will you pay rent and study?

You also need to factor in food and bills including decent fibre broadband, honestly I can't stress how important it is to work everything out before you move and test camming first xx

No worries. I absolutely understand that camming is not for everyone, first of all I am starting in a week or two when I get lighting and a decent webcam. I've read so much from this forum about starting up. If it's not bound to work out I'll know before moving out, I think after 6 months I could get a fanbase and a few regulars and some idea of an income. I will have student loans as well so that will cover food, entertainment and all the rest. As I said, I only want camming to cover my rent and rent related costs. I also have a job who is always looking for people so I can always text them and say that I need a couple of days to add to my finances. As a very last resort I will move out into something more affordable or even back to my parents. I won't be jumping into deep money frenzy when I get a big paycheck, I understand camming can be very unstable.
Thanks so much for your answers! Y'all so helpful! :)

Reactions: MiaFoxUK
Status
Not open for further replies.