AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam angles?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2015
My bedroom
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@Goddessfreya_
MFC Username
none
Streamate Username
none
Chaturbate Username
xcurvaliciousx
Hi all. :) I am very new to the cam world...I have been having trouble with my cam. I can't seem to find a good angle to broadcast in :(. What are good angles for you ladies? Fyi, I am on a laptop but I also have a logitic cam. thanks for any advice it's much appreciated. xoxoxo.

Good question, the angle that gives you 70% hip to waist ratio is the ideal, so will depend on your body shape. As a member it is my favorite thing to ask for... that perfect angle. It will look slightly fat to you, men prefer wider hips/ smaller waist.

Beauty ratios are fascinating, something worth a little research. 1:1.618 is my favorite, the one plastic surgeons use for faces.

Of course the barrel is popular too :p

@lunarxkittn I cam in my bedroom, I have a studio apt so its small and not much to work with. I am also a bbw... So I would like to find whatever is flattering for me...

As a BBW, what you find flattering and what your customers want to see are often quite different. They LOOOOOOVE bellies, rolls, cellulite, etc, whereas we're used to wanting to not show those. Different angles work better for different body types - I'm very pear-shaped but also busty and with a big belly, so angles that look good for me may not be quite as ideal for someone who's more apple-shaped, with smaller boobs and less hips or butt.

If you cam on your bed, I do well in two positions:
- laying on my side with my front to the camera. This accentuates the hips and makes my short stubby legs look a mile long
- laying on my belly, face to the camera, making sure my butt is in frame. I have a big butt, and it's the part of my body that I make the most money from, whether it's on cam or in videos, so I like to give just a taste of it while leaving them wanting to see more.

When I cam from my desk or standing, I have my cam at about forehead level when I'm sitting, chest high when I'm standing. This means when I'm sitting in my desk chair, you have my face, boobs, and just a hint of torso in frame so that they can see that I have a big belly, but not all of it, and when I stand, the camera picks me up from the top of my head to my knees. Facing straight on does well, as does facing sideways. My best butt angle is about halfway between sideways and straight on from the back.

The best thing that you can do is to open up the broadcaster, but not stream yet, and try out different positions and angles. If you can put your webcam on a tripod, that gives you a bit more flexibility with positioning it. Look for angles that make your boobs and butt really grab your attention. Find where the light really makes your tummy look cute and soft. These are things that your customers will notice.

I think it's different for every model. It depends on your room, whether you use natural or artificial light, and, like Saffron says, what features you want to play up.

Once you get verified, maybe post some screen caps of what you have tried or what you think works in Models Only and have the pros offer you suggestions.

Hey Godess,

I'm pretty new to camming too but another model gave me a good piece of advice so I'd like to pass it along. Some women do better selling their kitty, some with their ass, and some with their breasts.. hell some even with their face. Do you know yet what part of your body is attracting the most members? I changed my cam view from sitting straight up with most of my breasts in the frame because I thought that was what was attracting people, I laid down to put most of my body in the frame including my face and it really highlighted the curves of my waste.. I literally doubled my tokens from 3 hours in 1. I highly recommend finding new angles that work for you.. If people like your legs more, try to angle the cam higher up so people have a high view of your hips. If they like your ass, try to lay down so your ass is visible (much like your profile pic).

If you haven't already, I also suggest writing down methods you've tried or working a whole shift at one angle so you know what is truly working. Good luck! :)

Hey Godess,

I'm pretty new to camming too but another model gave me a good piece of advice so I'd like to pass it along. Some women do better selling their kitty, some with their ass, and some with their breasts.. hell some even with their face. Do you know yet what part of your body is attracting the most members? I changed my cam view from sitting straight up with most of my breasts in the frame because I thought that was what was attracting people, I laid down to put most of my body in the frame including my face and it really highlighted the curves of my waste.. I literally doubled my tokens from 3 hours in 1. I highly recommend finding new angles that work for you.. If people like your legs more, try to angle the cam higher up so people have a high view of your hips. If they like your ass, try to lay down so your ass is visible (much like your profile pic).

If you haven't already, I also suggest writing down methods you've tried or working a whole shift at one angle so you know what is truly working. Good luck! :)
Breasts are beautiful:)

Status
Not open for further replies.