AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam is clear on my side but blurry on clients side, how can I fix this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Candilicious

Cam Model
May 6, 2019
Hello
I have a high speed internet , when I cam I dont use OBS cause it's too complicated, I just use normal chatubate setup, clients always complain my cam is blurry or my internet is slow when on my side it's crystal clear and not lagging at all, what could I do to fix this

Thank you

I promise you, and I hope other models who are not tech-savvy will agree: OBS is not complicated and CB even give a "how-to" on the broadcast page. Just take a day to attempt it -- maybe give yourself a few hours, but follow everything as it says. The only thing I can think of for them having it be blurry or even pixelated is that it's loading a lower quality (the lowest: 240p) instead of maybe a 480p or 560p (depends what you have?). Ask them to look in the bottom right on your video stream for the icon (there are two, one to maximize the video, the other for stream quality). Have them see what option is selected.

I would definitely try set up OBS though if you have great internet speed and a decent laptop./pc, it is very much worth it for the quality. Just don't set it too high to begin with. Set it only as maybe 720p. If that works fine for you and your viewers, maybe try increased to 1080p. As a viewer, I find that the difference between 480 or 560 to 720p can be quite big and make a difference, so even upgrading to that can be much better for viewing

Upvote 0
Wholeheartedly agree with previous post, OBS is well worth the hassle of using it and once it's setup it pretty much won't need to be fiddled with that much and just require you to get used to having two windows open if you want to see your own video.

Getting it to run might also answer the issue of why cam quality is affected in first place, OBS comes with realtime feedback while streaming which can inform you of unstable internet or lacking hardware.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.