AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam models who reached their goal

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2015
Scotland , UK
Twitter Username
@HoneySucklexx
Chaturbate Username
Honey_Suckle
Maybe it's me ... but I often wonder about cam models who reached their goal.

Wouldn't you just love to hear their story of the ups and the downs and how they persevered through it all and the feeling they had when they got there and thought yes! I did it.

I understand this doesn't apply to all models.

I guess it depends on what you mean by goal. Daily goal? Monthly? What we want out of camming entirely?

In the past few years, my goals have changed a lot. I think because unless you are in the top 1-5% of cam girls, there is always room to get better, make more money or do new things. It's hard not to feel continually inspired by that and to adjust goals accordingly.

Personally though, I felt like I "made" it the first time I appeared in the top 5 girls for Kinklive, and the first few times I made financial goals that I never knew would be possible. But it doesn't last, without a lot of hard work and that is why I will not feel finished until I decide for sure to leave the industry. I just feel like I should never feel complacent or like I made my goals, because just as easily I could be starting over again tomorrow (and that did happen to me, when Kinklive went under).

I imagine every cam girl has a ton of stories about the serious ups and downs about this job. :)

Well, I'm not quite at my financial monthly goal yet. I'm a veteran cammodel since 2012 and I never worked consistent hours until last year. It's been so up & down this year that I can't seem to find a "norm" to my income. I have an average hourly where I do know how much I most likely will receive. I got a huge goal for the rest of 2015 though, but I certainly anticipate that 2016 will be better. Lots more to learn and I've been at this just about 3 years.

Reactions: Honey_Suckle
Maybe it's me ... but I often wonder about cam models who reached their goal.

Wouldn't you just love to hear their story of the ups and the downs and how they persevered through it all and the feeling they had when they got there and thought yes! I did it.

I understand this doesn't apply to all models.

There is one stripper/camgirl Melonie who was active on Stripperweb, who I think has been successful. Essentially from what I understand she was diligent about saving money while working. She picked up a lot of good information about investments as a stripper from her wall street cliental. She then switched to camming for a while. Around 40 she retired moved to Costa Rica and has been living comfortably from her investments. I think it is cool that she didn't have to get a second job.

Also, I noticed that Melonie has been banned from Stripperweb, which I find shocking because I think she consistently gave great knowledgeable information about taxes and investments. I don't want to derail the thread but if anybody know why please PM me.

I don't think that a goal is ever 'reached'. It's like working out... You aren't ever done, once you get to your initial goal of losing x pounds or buff you don't stop... If you don't constantly work towards that goal you eventually lose your gains or drop off in ranking.

That being said, being a cam model keeps us on our toes :)

As of tonight, I'm actually reaching my goal which is to be a cam model as my full-time job. I'm finally making a decent amount of money and am getting more motivated to stay online.
I still bounce between Streamate and MFC, not sure which one I want to call my "home", but I'm figuring things out and having a great time doing so.
This forum has actually helped me out soooooo fucking much.
And maybe I just feel more outgoing due to a recent break-up, so it makes my shows more exciting. :smuggrin:

• Hugs
Reactions: Guy
There is one stripper/camgirl Melonie who was active on Stripperweb, who I think has been successful. Essentially from what I understand she was diligent about saving money while working. She picked up a lot of good information about investments as a stripper from her wall street cliental. She then switched to camming for a while. Around 40 she retired moved to Costa Rica and has been living comfortably from her investments. I think it is cool that she didn't have to get a second job.

Also, I noticed that Melonie has been banned from Stripperweb, which I find shocking because I think she consistently gave great knowledgeable information about taxes and investments. I don't want to derail the thread but if anybody know why please PM me.

I don't want to say that they're competitors, but from what I've gathered, ACF is not talked about in a positive light over there. Therefore, it seems best to not talk about it here (you know, if you don't have anything good to say, better say nothing at all). And I really feel that your question about some girl we've never met on an opposing forum would probably be better answered there.

Back on topic! Pretty much everything Luxy said!
I don't think that a goal is ever 'reached'. It's like working out... You aren't ever done, once you get to your initial goal of losing x pounds or buff you don't stop... If you don't constantly work towards that goal you eventually lose your gains or drop off in ranking.

That being said, being a cam model keeps us on our toes :)

Is there a specific question that you had in mind, OP? Perhaps you're interested in hearing about models who went from a very low token/hour (or camscore, depending on site) to a higher one? Perhaps you're interested in hearing about models who have started their own businesses? Perhaps you're interested in hearing about models who pushed themselves to create new games & content or travel the world? Then I have good news for you! In the models only section, you'll be able to find ALL of these! Happy stories, sad stories, inspiring stories! I'm assuming that by now you've already started the process to get approved, so hopefully you'll find a bunch of threads to answer all of your ponderings!

Reactions: Rose
I don't want to say that they're competitors, but from what I've gathered, ACF is not talked about in a positive light over there. Therefore, it seems best to not talk about it here (you know, if you don't have anything good to say, better say nothing at all). And I really feel that your question about some girl we've never met on an opposing forum would probably be better answered there.
!

I don't read Stripperweb religiously, and I've never posted on there, but I have never seen a negative comment on SW about ACF. I have seen girls referred to ACF as a good place to get more info, especially regarding MFC and AFAIK ACF, doesn't rely on ads so I'm at a loss as why you consider them competitors. Do you have a link to this trash talking? You are right SW would be a better place to get information about her. But since I've never posted there it seemed like the equivalent of joining here and asking help in identifying a model. I know there are some ACF models who also post on that forum. Oh and I did ask for a PM to avoid derailing this thread, but I guess we've failed on that.

Like Aeryn said, my goal is quite broad but I'm able to go to university without having to work set hours, and with the ability to say "okay I have time now, I'll work a lot, okay now it's midterms and I will not work at all". I'd love to make more money but who doesn't, haha. Generally speaking I get from camming what I want - enough money to live off of, plus the ability to work more when I need more money and less when I don't. :D

I do think it depends on what each model's definition of success is. For me, I've reached way over my goal so I consider myself to have "made it". I've been consistently in the top 100 since I started on MFC unless I decide to take a lot of time off throughout the month. Being non-nude, I thought I'd be ranked in the several thousands (at least) and almost completely lost in the abyss on MFC. I couldn't have been more wrong. I realize even being nude on MFC, it usually takes at least a few months to get this kind of placement so I feel amazingly grateful and humbled by my experiences and success.

It's a bit tough to explain my ups. If I had to put it into words, there are of course amazing moments like high tips and funny jokes but it's more so about building a community of friends for me. There seem to be quite a few guys on MFC that are looking for a place to hang out and need a friend / group of friends. I needed the exact same thing so it was very easy for me to relate to this kind of loneliness genuinely and just all hang out and be friends and have fun together. In this way, MFC is more than just a job for me, it is also comprised of my friends and much of my social life. Building this has been and continues to be my up. Off cam, we play video games together and it's just an all around great experience.

I'd say many of my downs have to do two things. The first is when I meet someone and they seem super cool but, for whatever reason, have to leave or can't come as frequently as before. This can be due to getting a girlfriend, a change in work schedule, or even deciding I'm not the right model for them or what have you but it always sucks when this happens. The second down for me is when I set really high goals that aren't easily achievable. On these months I have sometimes stayed on 10-12 hours a day consistently. After a while, I realize I need to re-charge to be able to be at my best for everyone on cam so I try to be careful not to do too much.

All in all, I really love and am amazed by everything on MFC. It has certainly changed my life. As others have mentioned, there is always room to grow and it can keep you on your toes. For me, I strive for a balance between ambition with wanting to move even further along in the ranks but also to remember to recognize and be grateful for what I already have and achieved.

As a university student, which I know lots of models are, my goal is to just pay my way through college which is cliche, I know. I find it so odd to meet models going through school but still talking about being a model after they graduate. The point is to graduate and have your degree, and make your living through whatever you studied. With today's market in the U.S. though, I completely understand having to do camming after you graduate. I don't know what I'm saying, I just hope that's not me.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
@pearlgirlx Lol yup I graduated college, no job in either my major or minor (German and Arabic), and paying off loans via camming. Though I did do part-time work for a bit in my degrees...it just didn't pay enough.

Last edited:
As a university student, which I know lots of models are, my goal is to just pay my way through college which is cliche, I know. I find it so odd to meet models going through school but still talking about being a model after they graduate. The point is to graduate and have your degree, and make your living through whatever you studied. With today's market in the U.S. though, I completely understand having to do camming after you graduate. I don't know what I'm saying, I just hope that's not me.
My degree is in teaching. It's been very useful for camming.
I have a very very low bullshit tolerance. If I could put up with lots of bullshit, I'd still be a teacher. If I could put up with regular amounts of bullshit, I'd still be a librarian. But nope! I'm my own boss. I set my own hours. I do whatever the fuck I want, when I want. I travel when and where I want. Camming and clip making is the job for me! If I ever have to go back to working for someone else again I'll probably freak out and burn down the building. :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.