AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Score ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ya missed the point in the post you quoted. No matter how it even affects placement, a model wants to be making the most of her time on cam. If a model has high cam score it means she’s doing very well while she’s live. And vice versa.

I completely disagree. Reading over her response again, i'd answer with the same rebuttal. Respectfully Amber, i'm thinking it's my point being missed. I'm simply stating that putting so much weight on CS or relying on an abstract stat as some sort of legit measurement, whether we're talking about online time worth or otherwise, seems impractical (for a few reasons) no matter how someone spins it. Yes it's there for models to use it anyway as a measurement, but ultimately MFC isn't paying you in camscore points if you catch my drift. That's my take. I wanna keep things cordial without getting into a big argument so I'll leave it at that.

I completely disagree. Reading over her response again, i'd answer with the same rebuttal. Respectfully Amber, i'm thinking it's my point being missed. I'm simply stating that putting so much weight on CS or relying on an abstract stat as some sort of legit measurement, whether we're talking about online time worth or otherwise, seems impractical (for a few reasons) no matter how someone spins it. Yes it's there for models to use it anyway as a measurement, but ultimately MFC isn't paying you in camscore points if you catch my drift. That's my take. I wanna keep things cordial without getting into a big argument so I'll leave it at that.
Nope still my point being missed. I know MFC isn't paying us in camscore points, but they aren't paying us much at all if we're sitting there watching our camscore drop. (To be more blunt: that means we aren't making money, or at least making money at the rate we want to be.)

So if a model feels she's been sitting online with no/not enough coming in, it's a reasonable idea that she would like to take a break and try again later. Go get some other things done in the mean time. Get a fresh set of eyes on her room later and possibly make better tokens for her time spent in front of the camera.

Not sure why you'd think things aren't cordial, I am just making sure that members understand we talk about our tokens vs. time in "camscore" but it can also mean "hey buddy I ain't makin' jack shit right now I think I'm gonna bounce". Verbally acknowledging it via the good ol' camscore is just a less selfish and greedy sounding way to mention it to non-models.

All of the models that are on my friends list appear first I think usually in alphabetical order and then non-friends are listed in order by camscore. I'm a person that typically maintains a sort by camscore/and occasionally sort by alphabetical order. That said I don't let camscore dictate what models I choose to visit and so forth. I actually like to scroll down the page looking to see if models I'm not familiar with catch my eye.
I was going to say this. I will scroll way down the page sometimes and find amazing models. I set some of them as bookmarks or friends, so they will always be first on my list. I used to also set "New" models ahead of cam score. I am not knocking the high cam score girls. They have found a way to attract huge tips, and I applaud them for it. There are 5 big score models that I watched at times over the years, and they were mostly really cool people. I just don't like to see other models penalized for putting on a great show and having amazing chats, but the tips slow down. I might have a great night in a model's room and she is enjoying the conversation, but all of her big tips came early and now she has to suffer a cam score penalty for staying on longer.

To some, it's an abstract idea or silly unit of measurement, but to MFC models it's expected hourly earning and thanks to some very smart models there's nothing abstract or unknown about it.
If someones hourly goes from $50 to $25 no one tells them no big deal, just work twice as long but somehow it's alright to tell that to models when it comes to their camscores?
Members won't ever have all the data necessary to tell how much cam score matters and to claim they did any "research" about it is ignorant. I just hope no inexperienced models listen to such people.

Let me try to simplify this as a model that's not on MFC anymore and therefore doesn't give a fuck if MFC guys think I'm greedy because I want to be paid for my time. If a model sees her camscore dropping she's making less money than usual. Probably a lot less to be seeing their score drop like that.

We are on cam to work. We aren't there to provide cheap jerk off material or cheap emotional labor. Is it a fun job? Yeah. But so was my last muggle job, didn't mean I wanted to be there for free or a reduced rate.

On top of that is the fact that camscore is tied to placement which is really important on MFC for attracting and retaining quality members.

But bottom line is lower camscore, lower hourly earning. Why would I keep my ass on cam when I'm making a quarter of what I usually make when I can log off and play Nintendo? I have very important Stardew Valley business to attend to.

MFC may not pay us in camscore points BUT camscore is a direct reflection of our earnings and the best way to get new paying traffic... so they kind of are in a round about way. No one here is saying models need to obsess over camscore and put a bunch of weight on it, just explaining it’s purpose and what it means.

My camscore got a nice boost recently... in turn I’ve been meeting a lot more new tipping members than I was before the boost. The boost came from offline tips, I haven’t changed... in fact I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather so it’s not because I’m just being more attractive on my own.
I as well as Amber have been both camming for nearly a decade on MFC. Not saying members can’t have opinions but arguing the importance of camscore with a model who’s been working with it for nearly a decade, every single day seems kind of silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.