AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Software

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there is a topic on this already, but I'm new to the site, and navigating it is completely overwhelming with all the information I want to read and am enjoying reading, however, I wanted to throw this out to forum land and see where it goes... The Cam software CamGirls use to type captions on their screen etc... What's the best software to use? Free would be preferred but not necessary... Thanks Xx

CherieNobyl said:
I just downloaded this and couldn't get it to work with MFC. =\

I haven't used manycam or of course the MFC cam software, but i think you might need to go into the MFC settings and tell it you use ManyCam Virtual Cam,

Just a guess :/

I'm sure a model will reply soon with a more detailed answer.

** Also to remove the manycam logo, On the Video tab, go to Text over video, and at the bottom of the window, untick the box beside the text Show ManyCam logo

Sorry if adding this question has been asked already with regards to manycams but I'm a dolt when it comes to this stuff (seriously only started Twitter since starting MFC 4 wks ago!!)

I have downloaded Manycams, have my logitech C920 set up as my cam source in Manycams, however when I go to use it in MFC, it tells me to select another cam source, my cam doesn't show up in the preview at all.

I have no clue at all what I'm doing wrong let alone how to fix it, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Well for some reason ManyCams stopped working for me? I'm not sure how to fix this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still just shows as a white screen when I try to use it.
any ideas? I have switched between cam choices in my MFC broadcaster.

MaryJane69BBW said:
Well for some reason ManyCams stopped working for me? I'm not sure how to fix this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still just shows as a white screen when I try to use it.
any ideas? I have switched between cam choices in my MFC broadcaster.

You aren't the only one having this issue :/

I suspect/guess Manycam has changed/updated something, and the MFC broadcaster software isn't compatible with it

The new version released a few days ago is 4.0.70,

i've managed to find a clean (no virus/spyware) of the 4.0.63 version,

if any model want's to try and see if this version works with myfreecams, just reply here or PM me.

** If anyone is looking for a certain older version of manycam, please be careful what site's you visit, there is one called uptodown, which is a very convincing site, but they bundle adware along with the installer **

There are plenty of ways to have a caption on your webcam while you are broadcasting. They are called split camera softwares or virtual webcam softwares.

Manycam, super webcam, split camera, webcam max, youcam, and camtwist. those what I know of off the top of my head.

It seems the Web version of MFC (model admin i think it's called) still works with manycam, but manycam still isn't working with the mfc broadcaster software.

Using a older version of manycam (4.0.63) didn't fix the issue.

Koolguy321 said:
It seems the Web version of MFC (model admin i think it's called) still works with manycam, but manycam still isn't working with the mfc broadcaster software.

Using a older version of manycam (4.0.63) didn't fix the issue.
Web version = "Model Web Broadcaster" aka MWB.
Downloadable version = "Model Software"

Unless absolutely impossible, I recommend every girl ue the MWB. It's far superior, has more up to date features, and runs on Mac as well as PC.

With Windows 8, the MFC browser-based software, a Logitech c920 webcam, and ManyCam Pro, I had extreme incompatibility issues from Manycam. I know I'm not the only one. I used Firefox, which is supposed to be the one browser with which all the components work, but it didn't. Members couldn't see me, I didn't show as online except to people on my friends list or those who had a direct link to my room, and my traffic and income plummeted for several days before I learned there was an issue.

If anyone knows of a splitcam software that is compatible with Windows 8, MFC, and my c920, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Sounds like a similar issue I assisted another model with that has the Conference Cam, which has the same lens/cam in the C920.

Have you tried downloading and installing the software for the C920 from Logitech's site?
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/h ... areFile=on
Click on 'Download Software' on the lower left sidebar

After running through the installation, you may need to restart your computer then load the mfc broadcaster software again. The cam should be recognized after that. :dance:

Reactions: Reina Lynn
levistyle77 said:
Sounds like a similar issue I assisted another model with that has the Conference Cam, which has the same lens/cam in the C920.

Have you tried downloading and installing the software for the C920 from Logitech's site?
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/h ... areFile=on
Click on 'Download Software' on the lower left sidebar

After running through the installation, you may need to restart your computer then load the mfc broadcaster software again. The cam should be recognized after that. :dance:
Thank you for your response. I uninstalled and reinstalled each program several times, while restarting between each phase. It was an involved process to try and correct the problem and get traffic back. At this stage, I have given up on Manycam, although I'm very open to a solution, if anyone has one.

What I did not do is uninstall the Logitech software, install Manycam, then reinstall the Logitech software after installing Manycam. I typically use the MFC browser software as that has a reputed better success rate, so there is no loading of the MFC software. I've had challenges getting the desktop software to function correctly and have had only rare and minor problems with the browser-based interface.

I'm hesitant to keep trying to make it work, although I would love to use some of the features of Manycam alongside Windows 8 and the c920. My MFC camscore dropped significantly in those days I thought there was just low traffic. If no one knows to look for me, no one can tell me there's a problem. A few more days like that, and I'll be in the doldrums.

Status
Not open for further replies.