AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Vid Music?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaSlay

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 18, 2015
If I make and sell videos, how can I play music in the background? Is there some kind of copyright law thing that says I can't sell a video with someone elses music? Do you pay for music for your vids or maybe use free beats or something? I don't want this to be a problem for me down the road...

Using music that's copyrighted would definitely be an issue, it's best to avoid it. However, I have seen customers on numerous sites and forums say that they prefer videos without music, and prefer just the natural soundtrack of what's occurring in the video.

Any recorded music that is available by retail is copyrighted, so you can't use it in any video or audio production meant for sale without written (direct from label or musician) or purchased (ASCAP/paid stock music) permission. There are a few stock music outlets online and the prices aren't bad--but always read the TOS, to see what restrictions they may have put on the music. Some will specify that it cannot be used for adult content or for limited commercial use and many require credit for the artist in the final production.

Other options are working with a professional video editor that already has a catalog of purchased music or hooking up with a musician that can create pieces you can use specifically for your own recorded content.

Status
Not open for further replies.