AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

cam world

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2020
Hi...i want to keep it nice, but it can be controversial. To me, something's not right, and it's really weird, like almost suspicious (lol). Why on earth, let's say we got not much pages on a cam site, and we got girls making a lot of tokens easily, up to 3, 4000 dollars per session, while others, with toys, a good quality camera and good looks, have almost no viewers nor tokens? It's baffling, leaving me to wonder if sites actually select or favour some girls over others!

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
people compliment the specific person im thinking of, telling they love her personality and personability....so, something is not right?

Often it just takes a few whales to get the whole room tipping. Next thing you know you get ranked higher and more money comes in.

Success feeds on itself. (as does failure - ranking lower gets less exposure and fewer tips). Compliments won't affect your ranking, only money does that.

people compliment the specific person im thinking of, telling they love her personality and personability....so, something is not right?
Do you tip the performer?

Do you tip the performer?
the performer is my friend, im in a room next to her. housemates.....im just dumbstruck how ppl compliment her a lot, the guys are very sweet...but just sugar talk and little tokens given to her. shes smart, sweet and knows how to run the whole thing. the point is, to me, i cant find faultys or blame the the performer, as if she's doing something wrong, cause i dont see an issue on her side. good looks, great cam, all the toys, personality., streaming when its not overcrowded with pages and models...i mean, there's got to be something wrong. Im convinced theres an alghorytm working for some girls...

So why are you watching her streams and concerning yourself with her business? Or did she ask you for help with this?
she asked for help. as her best friend, she confides in me, and describes whats going on and of course it affects me to see her sadness about it. its normal, i think, to worry as a friend

Send her here, there are many years worth of helpful threads with tips about how to maximize success. Sounds like that is all she needs.

Edit: The conspiracy theories about traffic, I don't want to comment on. Different platforms use different algorithms to rank and display performers. It is what it is.

Send her here, there are many years worth of helpful threads with tips about how to maximize success. Sounds like that is all she needs.

Edit: The conspiracy theories about traffic, I don't want to comment on. Different platforms use different algorithms to rank and display performers. It is what it is.

oki. i stream sometimes too!! (not much commited, tho i complained myself in the past, cause this happened to me also, the struggling to have viewers), but i feel her pain! makes me scratch my old head lol

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
i stream sometimes too
Yes and I apologize for being short with you in my first replies, I was confused and thought you were a nosy viewer or housemate and I thought it was weird you were so invested in this performer's money. But now I understand that you are both just trying to figure out what's going on with your platform and how to best work with it. So I'm sorry for making that assumption.

I would look into different marketing/sales strategies, figuring out what it is that uniquely draws your viewers in/keeps them returning and how to capitalize on that with your "branding," new platforms to expand on, additional services you can offer (content, PSO, etc.). Manipulating traffic isn't the secret to success. It's all the stuff we've talked about, tweaking and polishing things over time, until you build the right blend of business that works for you.

It's tricky too, because sometimes you can be watching a model who's built a following for years, so there's no point comparing yourself to someone who's been building a fan base for a long time.

Something that has interested me for a while, pondering why a model I think should easily be in the top 10 list, only averages around 120 viewers in her room across 6-7 hours....... and stays well down the page rankings.
The algorithms that sites use can only be speculated upon, but an interesting suggestion made by a member here is that page position is linked in part to new visitor numbers, and returning visitors (regulars) do not play such a part in the ranking formula.
So perhaps if your friend has a number of loyal regulars, even good tippers, but only a small number of new visitors each show, she will stay on a lower page position. Those already on page 1 or close to it, tend to stay there because newcomers start looking around on the default home page and enough join popular rooms to make it count? Just a thought.

Yes and I apologize for being short with you in my first replies, I was confused and thought you were a nosy viewer or housemate and I thought it was weird you were so invested in this performer's money. But now I understand that you are both just trying to figure out what's going on with your platform and how to best work with it. So I'm sorry for making that assumption.

I would look into different marketing/sales strategies, figuring out what it is that uniquely draws your viewers in/keeps them returning and how to capitalize on that with your "branding," new platforms to expand on, additional services you can offer (content, PSO, etc.). Manipulating traffic isn't the secret to success. It's all the stuff we've talked about, tweaking and polishing things over time, until you build the right blend of business that works for you.
it's ok :) and i apreciate all your insights too. thank you:) (sorry my bad english)

• Hugs
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
i just get jealous sometimes of other models..... :( i dont do nude in free chat only in private i have flash boobies before in free but you gotta tip alot your better off taking me pvt show i dont like showing in freechat lol. most i normally do in free-chat is handbra lol

Reactions: patolas
i just get jealous sometimes of other models..... :( i dont do nude in free chat only in private i have flash boobies before in free but you gotta tip alot your better off taking me pvt show i dont like showing in freechat lol. most i normally do in free-chat is handbra lol
:) being nude sometimes works, sometimes it doesnt..i guess it's the "style" u choose for urself, or what u feel more comfortable in doing...i think its just sad that not everybody in a site can get the same opportunities, because its a exposure of ur face and body...and ironically, u can have no viewers or sucess, yet u are already with your image spread in a bunch of other internet sites.... well, just some random thoughs...

:) being nude sometimes works, sometimes it doesnt..i guess it's the "style" u choose for urself, or what u feel more comfortable in doing...i think its just sad that not everybody in a site can get the same opportunities, because its a exposure of ur face and body...and ironically, u can have no viewers or sucess, yet u are already with your image spread in a bunch of other internet sites.... well, just some random thoughs...
Yep, this is why I think nudity is not the answer. Scroll down to the bottom ranking models of any site and it becomes clear that there's actually a negative correlation between nudity and ranking/money/success (PAID-FOR nudity is fine). But definitely seems a bad idea to start thinking "I get more viewers when I'm nude, so I'll just do it for free for a bit to lure people into the room". Those extra viewers are unlikely to be the paying type anyway.

I think like @EliMarie717 and @THE MOLLIE MARIE said the most successful girls are up there because they've been in it a long time. And probably they got lucky with some whales at some point to push them up there to start with then they just made all the right moves to stay up there. I don't think these sites have some secret agenda favouring some models over others for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.