AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Your Way - finance & tracking tools for Cam Models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to model feedback, we have updated or Terms of Service to add this:
  • We will not disclose or sell your private information (including both any personal contact information you provide and specific financial data you upload to our site) to third parties without your permission except to comply with federal or state law or subpoenas.

If you are a customer, you'll see this after your next login and will need to agree to the new Terms once before returning to business as usual. Sorry for the inconvenience but we hope you appreciate the spirit of this change!
-Walter
walterw@camyourway.com
Twitter: @CamYourWay

Reactions: LadyLuna
We also removed the old boilerplate language about using your data "without limitation" and state clearly now that our Privacy Policy dictates how your data will be used... thanks to @TheHarleyQ for pointing out the contradiction.
In other news for our Streamate and iFriends customers, we put out an updated version yesterday with an important fix. (MFC was not affected.) Thanks to three very helpful Streamate models who helped us find some rare cases where our reported totals didn't match Streamate's exactly. The inaccuracy is fixed and on your next update the software will do a one-time collection of data for an extra minute or two to correct your totals.
So grateful to the model community for giving us a try and giving us the feedback we need to get better.
-WW

Reports for making MFC contests and raffles easy...

On our service we have a page called "Contests" which lets you quickly manage contest and raffle entries, and we think it could be a huge time-saver for the many models who run these (particularly on MFC). We really want you to try it and let us know how it worked, and how it could be better!
To encourage that we're running a promotion where if you run a contest or raffle and use camyourway.com to manage it, and tweet about your contest and Cam Your Way, you'll be entered to win a free month of our service.
If you sell a product (like videos, photosets, panties, friends' list adds, or whatever) for a specific tip amount, our report makes it really easy to keep track of all those sales too.
What do you think?
Cheers,
Walter
email: walter@camyourway.com
Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/CamYourWay

I know there's a big contingent here from the MFC community, but do any models on this site use AdultWork? What do you think, particularly of their reports on your earnings, transactions, and customers? What would you like to see in that area?

Molly_Rockit said:
I need this! Especially with the awesome input from other models I respect. I will be happy to pay the monthly service fee...once you are aligned with Chaturbate.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing more about the service!
Well that's a definite incentive for us... looking long at hard at Chaturbate to see what we can do and when!

I just signed up, since so many models I respect are saying such positive things about it. I'm really excited, and using it is REALLY EASY. I am in love with this. Totally worth $10/month.

I'd like to echo the request for Clips4Sale, and possibly ExtraLunchMoney.

Would it also be possible to add a further breakdown of data, like how much we made per hour on average on a given day/week/month/year?

Reactions: walterw and Aella
For $10 a month seems ok - for effectively a bunch of excel work - that if you know someone could probably do it for free :lol: .

I hope the developers offer support and updates :thumbleft:

KittyWilde said:
trotskyleon said:
For $10 a month seems ok - for effectively a bunch of excel work - that if you know someone could probably do it for free :lol: .

hahaha. You're a fucking dumbass.

yes, vlad has proven your point many times on this site.

Reactions: Nordling and sahi
trotskyleon said:

Yes, it is basically a bunch of things that could be done in Excel... which is how most of us used to do it. But it's so much easier AND FASTER to have it all already there in one place with the click of ONE button. We spend $10 on a drink at a bar, why not use that same amount to save time? It's totally worth it.

Besides, the developers DO offer support and updates. Extremely helpful and nice guys. Unlike others who just try to create drama... ahem...

Much thanks for the kind words.
We have gotten the "you could do this in Excel" thing a lot, and Iris nailed it. I guess I should point out that of the thousands of lines of code I wrote for the project, the one that actually takes all the dollar amounts and adds them up to get a total was not really the hardest one ;). Yep, that you could do in Excel. Sorting and filtering, that you can do in Excel too with a little practice. I even use Excel myself, to prototype new feature ideas.
The hard part is in the code that automatically grabs all your transactions with all their details from several different websites, so you don't have to rekey them or copy/paste/reformat them, which is unbelievably tedious. We hope that's enough of a time-saver to make it all worthwhile.
And have any of you actually used our "Contests" page to calculate highest tip totals, highest single tip, and things like that for any time period you specify? It's getting less traffic than our Charts page, but I've felt like it could be one of our biggest time-savers, for MFC models in particular. If it's not quite what you want or need, I would love to hear from you about what it's missing!
Speaking of which, I am working as we speak on adding more websites to the list. I'll keep you all posted on progress!
-Walter

trotskyleon said:

By this logic, there's no point in ever eating in a McDonalds, or paying for a cab, or paying someone to redecorate your kitchen, or fix your central heating, or jerk you off in a bathroom stall, or... pretty much anything, ya know? There's no service out there that couldn't theoretically be given to you for free by a friend who knows how to do it.

Re: Cam Your Way - AdultWork support is live!

We at Cam Your Way are delighted to announce that our website now has the capability of collecting transaction data on behalf of AdultWork cam models, and including that information in the charts and tables we produce for you! Whether you use AdultWork only, or want to see your aggregated results across several cam sites, this is great news. We keep working on additional sites and will keep you posted as we make progress, but if there are others you'd like to see please let their support teams or webmasters know (as well as telling us, of course).

We are indebted to the good folks of AdultWork for their extraordinary cooperation in making this happen. We hope many of you will find it useful in seeing when you earn, from which customers, and in which kinds of shows!
Note that there are some limitations, as documented here: https://www.camyourway.com/faq/#AdultWork. Because AdultWork is just getting to know Cam Your Way, they've taken some initial care in how much information they share. Chief among these is that right now they provide only the last seven days of transactions at each update, so please do update your stats at least once a week to ensure continuity. Many of our customers just update Cam Your Way at the end of each work shift, as a quick way of staying in touch with their earnings. (Perhaps as they gain experience and see positive impact on model earnings, and as they get feedback from hear from you, the models, there will be a chance to revisit these decisions.)

A special thanks also to the model volunteers who responded quickly in the last couple of days and gave us much-needed early testing to ensure we are offering a stable, easy-to-use solution.

Do let us know what you think, and if you like what you see, tweet something or tell a friend!
We are grateful for all the support from the model community. I can now say proudly that since our initial release less than six months ago we have helped models analyze over one million transactions -- individual tips, private shows, group shows, and the like -- from tens of thousands of customers. We have lots more ideas up our sleeves about how to give you more information, easier-to-read reports, and additional services. Thanks for all the ideas and happy, successful camming!
-WalterW

Can I make a suggestion? I canceled my account about a month ago simply because I no longer wanted to pay with PayPal and wanted to switch to ccbill. I couldnt switch it through your site though, instead I had to cancel my subscription via PayPal. I went away for awhile and didnt check the site, but I had assumed that once my paid time had run out I would get a notification or something so I could resign up with ccbill, but I didnt. I mean it wasnt a big deal - obviously I wasnt checking the site anyway if I hadnt noticed. But if I had forgotten about it completely, you would have lost out on my business!

So I suggest that you make a way to switch payment options without having to let one run out first, and maybe sending out a notification when it does run out so we know we need to switch or fix things if we want to keep using it?

Hey girls, just spotted this and wanted to add my twopence worth

They have FINALLY added this service to Adultwork woooooo :D I've been using it with AW for the last few days and it's brilliant. I love having all that info at my fingertips. They're also now giving away a free month, kind of like a test, just for AW girls (Pm me for info) xx

Im so behind on the bandwagon here. LOL

Firstly - this is fucking awesome. You just replaced so much work for me.. (or $$ that i was using to pay an assistant to do this for me in excel)
Ok so i sent a support thing about some URGENT questions i have about the way it updates, but I did have some less urgent questions and feedback...

Question about the way that it deals with member name changes - often on mfc members can change their name at will. So if someone tips as "TokensBB" one day then changes their name to "AssGape4U" and tips again, does this show as one customer or will this show as two customers.

Secondly regarding anonymous tips - itd be awesome if I could manually designate anon tips to the person who actually tipped them. Often someone will 'claim' the tip that they have sent anonymously, and if i could manually say "GiantDick25" was the anon tipper of "666"tks then I could have it easily added to his totals. Not sure how easy or realistic this is to impliment but it would help me immensly.

Finally it says in the FAQ that you dont currently allow exporting to excel. I'd like to throw out that I'd really really love it if I could export my data. It is always a fear of mine that your site might go down, or fail (sorry!) and then what happens to all this data?? I have kept really good records for the last 6 months in excel and I'd hate to gap them out and find myself with NO data at some point... its also easier if I can just have a back up copy somewhere.

Other than those things, im LOVING this site and the tools and you just made my day and i don't know why i didn't do this in december. :)

PinkiePixi said:
Can I make a suggestion? I canceled my account about a month ago simply because I no longer wanted to pay with PayPal and wanted to switch to ccbill. I couldnt switch it through your site though, instead I had to cancel my subscription via PayPal. I went away for awhile and didnt check the site, but I had assumed that once my paid time had run out I would get a notification or something so I could resign up with ccbill, but I didnt. I mean it wasnt a big deal - obviously I wasnt checking the site anyway if I hadnt noticed. But if I had forgotten about it completely, you would have lost out on my business!

So I suggest that you make a way to switch payment options without having to let one run out first, and maybe sending out a notification when it does run out so we know we need to switch or fix things if we want to keep using it?

Thanks, we appreciate the good suggestions. We've been debating what the best way to present this is -- we didn't think any models would appreciate being double-billed during a period of overlap, and we can't control the payment system through our code directly. You're right the least we could do is send notifications, and perhaps with the right reminders we can make this more seamless. We will definitely discuss and explore! And thank you for your business and taking the time to post, we greatly appreciate it.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Oh and Clips4sale being added would be VERY helpful to me also! It's currently the only other site i use other than MFC.

I just signed up for your service the other day and I'm loving it so far. I too would be ecstatic if you added Clips4Sale.

Reactions: walterw
Cool news!
We just added a feature whereby you can select currency for your charts, and we'll convert your earnings to Canadian or Australian or New Zealand dollars, Euros, British Pounds, or even MFC Tokens or AdultWork credits.
It's our way of saying thank you to all the international models who have joined us. We've always had many but with the recent joining of many AdultWork performers we've seen in increase a lot lately.
Please let us know if you don't see a currency you want and it will be easy to add.
(FYI, we retrieve conversion rates daily from the European Central Bank.)
We're still at work on more stuff, but this one was ready so we wanted to share. Happy Camming!
-Walter (walter@camyourway.com)

Yup, Walter's awesome! :D I totally screwed up my account when I first made it because I accidentally went through the Google payments twice. Yikes! We will see what happens in 30 days. But the site does exactly what it says it will do, and it's fast, and easy to use (if you don't break your account like I did) hahaha.

But he emailed me right away and we worked everything out. Yup, site's great, and site admin is great. I recommend!

Reactions: walterw
Jessi said:
Maybe Im dumb, but is there a way to figure out my average hourly $$$ ? By day, month, etc? :think:
Hi Jessi, thanks for checking out our site!
And nope, you're definitely not dumb -- this is a harder problem than one might guess, though we're working toward this goal. If you track how many hours you work each day, we track how much you earned, and then it's simple division from there at least.
The problem is that MFC doesn't give us as much information as we'd like. There's no report on what hours you worked or how long various sessions lasted, and the default reports of your tips and earnings don't even include the actual time of the payment, only the day. (And to make things worse, it's MFC's idea of what day, no matter what timezone you are actually in.)
There are some simple ways and also some more complicated ways we can rig up something like hourly earnings though. The way we would do it on any other cam site is more straightforward, using their exact timestamps. On MFC, even MFC's summary report of how many minutes you worked is only per-pay-period. If we display your average $/hour just by pay period rather than daily, would many of you find that useful?

walterw said:
Jessi said:
Maybe Im dumb, but is there a way to figure out my average hourly $$$ ? By day, month, etc? :think:
Hi Jessi, thanks for checking out our site!
And nope, you're definitely not dumb -- this is a harder problem than one might guess, though we're working toward this goal. If you track how many hours you work each day, we track how much you earned, and then it's simple division from there at least.
The problem is that MFC doesn't give us as much information as we'd like. There's no report on what hours you worked or how long various sessions lasted, and the default reports of your tips and earnings don't even include the actual time of the payment, only the day. (And to make things worse, it's MFC's idea of what day, no matter what timezone you are actually in.)
There are some simple ways and also some more complicated ways we can rig up something like hourly earnings though. The way we would do it on any other cam site is more straightforward, using their exact timestamps. On MFC, even MFC's summary report of how many minutes you worked is only per-pay-period. If we display your average $/hour just by pay period rather than daily, would many of you find that useful?

Id definitely find that useful, and I know the "token stats" page on MFC gives us an idea of which days we worked.
Maybe you guys could talk to the people behind mycamgirl and ask them how they figure that stuff out. Its not perfect, but it might be a good start.

walterw said:
And have any of you actually used our "Contests" page to calculate highest tip totals, highest single tip, and things like that for any time period you specify? It's getting less traffic than our Charts page, but I've felt like it could be one of our biggest time-savers, for MFC models in particular. If it's not quite what you want or need, I would love to hear from you about what it's missing!
Speaking of which, I am working as we speak on adding more websites to the list. I'll keep you all posted on progress!
-Walter

I attempted to use the contests page for a recent raffle, but it wasn't very useful because I sold different raffle amounts for different token amounts...the more tickets you buy, the cheaper it is per raffle. And that's how the majority of my tickets sold, under that bulk deal.

I have to say though that I LOVE the contests concept and am very excited to see where it goes!

The thing that was most useful for me was figuring out who my highest over-all spenders are. Now it's possible to do contests that use "total" tips as opposed to "highest single tip", which I used in the past simply because it would take too long manually counting everything. I was able to use this feature to implement my fan club which had been on hiatus because of how complicated it would have been (read: impossible) without this.

One thing that I was thinking of, would it be possible to bring in tip notes as well? I would love to be able to enter a few keywords and create a filter based on tip notes. THEN I could put in "raffle" "ticket" "waffle" "art" "painting" or anything else related to the contest at hand and bring up all of the tips with those in their notes. It would also be really cool if you could sort tips based on keywords. For example, the ability to find out what words are being most used in tip notes.

Lastly, I would love the ability to click on a customer's name in the chart to bring up their spending history instead of having to enter it manually. It's not a big deal or anything, it would just be a nice convenience.

Thanks for being awesome Walter and Jesse! I really am loving it so far. :)

Thanks Veronica! Some great suggestions. I've been thinking for a while about raffles and tiered pricing. Handling that would make the page a bit more complex to use, but obviously more useful and powerful as well. My impression has been that the majority of raffles are priced this way, though.
Really delighted to hear the 'total tips' feature is saving you time and/or making something possible.
Happy Camming!

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
So I was looking at my earnings under the 'daily' filter and I suddenly thought how much I would like to be able to click on particular days and be able to write notes down, such as 'countdown day', 'video sales', 'played blahblah game' etc. just so I could see more clearly what topics were the most profitable instead if thinking 'hmmm what did I do the day before last?' I think that could be really helpful right next to all the bookkeeping. :) Really starting to like this resource so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.